[Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널

larus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actor Nam Moon Chul joined the drama Tunnel .

기사의 본문상단 이미지

http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2017&no=53298

I think he will play a detective with a warm personality, who is always at the protagonist side. I don`t know is I got it right using Google translation. I wonder if he will play the former partner or someone who met  Park Kwang Ho in the past.

8 hours ago, larus said:

Actor Nam Moon Chul joined the drama Tunnel .

http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2017&no=53298

I think he will play a detective with a warm personality, who is always at the protagonist side. I don`t know is I got it right using Google translation. I wonder if he will play the former partner or someone who met  Park Kwang Ho in the past.

** Here is a part translation for the article.  I’m not sure but I have to guess he is going to be in 2016??

Actor Nam Moon Chul confirmed the appearance of OCN new weekend drama 'Tunnel'.

In the drama, Nam Moon Chul will play as a head of CJH(PKH)’s homicide team.  He is going to show warmth and humanity  as CJH(PKH)’s sunbae  detective and  strong supporter  who is always on his side. 

Two men will create sticking-rice-chemistry  through their bickering which will make double fun watching the drama.  

(AsianWiki:)  http://asianwiki.com/Nam_Moon-Chul

@larus

Yes YHM said he contacted those detectives personally even though the production team could provide it but the feedback was a bit slow with them.   He also mentioned that he had a certain complex since he didn’t have a college degree in acting so he put more effort  to learn and analyze each given character.    It sounds like he is what I call ‘a blue collar working actor’ which CJH is too.  CJH didn’t go to college for various reasons.  But in Korea education is king and so is the title from it. I have the sense if any actor/actress doesn’t have a title from a school (so much better if it has a prominent name), one’s career can be harder and  some form of mistreatment/discrimination  can be expected.  Oh well

Another cast was confirmed.  I was surprised how slow things have been moving with Tunnel  but I forgot Voice just started so I guess Tunnel, next in line, has to wait a bit longer to make its official appearance.   I would like to see more BTS showing casts working together.  

Well about CJH & YHM, I have a feeling their characters will have a very bumpy start.  If you look at YHM(Kim Sun Jae) he looks very uptight and rigid.    They will be each other’s tormentor.   bam bam whahaa :)

‘Comeback after 3 years’ Choi Jin Hyuk “Homework for serious image change”[photo]

201701230830775755_58854123a2b30_99_20170123083305.jpg?type=w540

201701230830775755_588541243ea94_99_20170123083305.jpg?type=w540

Actor Choi Jin Hyuk who has returned to acting after three years with a drama 'Tunnel' revealed the pictures full of wit.

Choi Jin Hyuk showed the photos of playful-looking images which are similar to his usual real personality through the February issue of Fashion Magazine Singles.  In this photo, which was shot in the background of a bowling alley, game room, and dart game, etc., Choi Jin Hyuk captured the shooting scene with his comfortable and imposing attitude despite the photo shoot taking a long time.     Especially, in the photo with the dartboard background,  the photographing  staff was excited by the unexpected ‘delicate/slander hands’ in the normally  masculine visual.

In a subsequent interview, Choi Jin Hyuk said that people came up with this serious and heavy image first when they thought about  him. “In truth I’m far from  being serious. I have a playful personality.” “I’m very similar to OH Chang Min in 'Emergency Couple' so I have been looking for the chance to show that playful image.”

“It might be good to become a star but  for the most part my dream is to be a real actor who can act well. It’s an actor’s job to learn and perform various characters, so I have to change the image about how people think of me. I think that is my homework.”

As for the OCN original drama ‘Tunnel’ for which he resumed his activities after 3 years, he revealed the feeling of responsibility as the lead for the drama,  “I try to lead the mood on the set.  I know the shooting is hard work so I have been trying to act playfully with the staff and to make the situation more comfortable  for them.” “Through the drama ‘Tunnel’ I would like to show that the actor Choi Jin Hyuk can be able to act for the variety of characters.”  

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003467615

Finally the script reading photos.   The article said it took  place last month.  It sounds like the production team (with PDnim Kim Kyung Chul)  had the entire cast gathered for the script reading. 

I learned 3 more members:

Jo Hie-Bong 조희봉:  http://asianwiki.com/Jo_Hee-Bong

Kim Dong-Young 김동영 :http://asianwiki.com/Kim_Dong-Young_(1988)

Kim Byeong-Cheol 김병철 :http://asianwiki.com/Kim_Byung-Chul

'Tunnel’  Choi Jin Hyuk & Lee Yoo Young & Yoon Hyun Min 'Voice' fever continues…  script reading location revealed

’터널’ 최진혁X이유영X윤현민, ’보이스’ 열풍 잇는다…대본 리딩 현장 공개

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article.asp?nsID=1156428

6 hours ago, Realyn Tan said:

yay another crime action drama!!! im excited!!

since watching "GHOST", "SIGN", "SIGNAL", and now "VOICE"...i've been looking for more genre like this. So when will this air? after voice?

Yes, drama Tunnel will be broadcast after Voice, in March. I see that you like the genre. :) Welcome on-board. We have a lot of crime or mystery shows in 2017. Another one is upcoming  tvN Forest of Secrets in May, the recently started SBS Defendant and after that Whisper. Not to mention, the more light mystery dramas with ajummas housewives solving crimes in Housewife Detective, Mystery Queen. Adding  KBS Criminal Minds, Ice World and who knows how many dramas...   I plan to watch all. :w00t: Hope I find the time.

6 hours ago, booha said:

Finally the script reading photos.   The article said it took  place last month.  It sounds like the production team (with PDnim Kim Kyung Chul)  had the entire cast gathered for the script reading. 

yeah.. Finally we have pictures from the fist script reading. I think we`ll have soon the poster shooting and teasers. March is not far away.

@larus   @Realyn Tan

woah   you two sound very experienced in this kind of genre.  When the drama starts I will follow you two humbly.   Hopefully the drama is good enough so that the members like you want to come and stay around.      

At this point I really want to see a teaser so I can have some idea about the drama visually, whether it would be  dark or gritty or …    I’m in a dark k-cave and waiting .. zzzz   :tongue:

in a studio set… for poster shooting?   

12 hours ago, booha said:

woah   you two sound very experienced in this kind of genre.  When the drama starts I will follow you two humbly.   Hopefully the drama is good enough so that the members like you want to come and stay around. 

I like the genre but I can`t say that I am very active in threads. Depends. If I start many dramas I will not have time to even read all the comments for the dramas I watch. From what I know, there are at Soompi people who like this genre and I see them in the threads all the time. I am sure there will be people interested in this drama. I remember watching other crime shows and even if the threads were not very active, we have formed a small community of fans. It will be fine this time too. :)

12 hours ago, booha said:

At this point I really want to see a teaser so I can have some idea about the drama visually, whether it would be  dark or gritty or …    I’m in a dark k-cave and waiting .. zzzz   :tongue:

I hope we`ll have a teaser soon.  I am more curious about the story, about the time travel stuff. I know that I won`t get the answers from the teaser but I am still curious. :D

A small video with the first script reading.

@larus   I found that OCN opened its official blog for Tunnel.   Yeah  I’m aware that this kind of genre doesn’t have many followers like melo/romcom.   I read Korean viewers like melo and saguk  but they aren’t that crazy  about romcom whereas in smoopi, romcom can be very popular.  So if this drama doesn’t make it,  oh well I will still be around here since I’m his fan.  Then I will wait for his next project.   However CJH has been good  at selecting good dramas so far.   He did well with Pride & Prejudice. :) 

OCN official blog Tunnel (터널):  http://blog.naver.com/ocnblog/220919800881

video and more photos from the script reading session (12/22/2016)  

崔振赫香港飯團 Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group shared 崔振赫최진혁台灣後援會 Choi Jin Hyuk Taiwan Fan Club's video.

%ED%84%B0%EB%84%90_%EB%8C%80%EB%B3%B8%EB 

%ED%84%B0%EB%84%90_%EB%8C%80%EB%B3%B8%EB%ED%84%B0%EB%84%90_%EB%8C%80%EB%B3%B8%EB

OCN official blog Tunnel (터널):  http://blog.naver.com/ocnblog/220919800881

more photos

sally_special-3

Choi Jin Hyuk (Park Kwang Ho)

Spoiler

%ED%84%B0%EB%84%90_%EB%8C%80%EB%B3%B8%EB%ED%84%B0%EB%84%90_%EB%8C%80%EB%B3%B8%EB%ED%84%B0%EB%84%90_%EB%8C%80%EB%B3%B8%EB

brown_and_cony-16

Yoon Hyuk MIn (Kim Sun Jae)

Spoiler

%ED%84%B0%EB%84%90_%EB%8C%80%EB%B3%B8%EB%ED%84%B0%EB%84%90_%EB%8C%80%EB%B3%B8%EB%ED%84%B0%EB%84%90_%EB%8C%80%EB%B3%B8%EB

moon_and_james-88

Bickering bromance: old detective Kwang Ho vs modern detective Sun Jae

Spoiler

line_characters_in_love-7

Lee Yoo Young (Shin Jae Yi )

Spoiler

other casting members

The cast is rocking good and of course i'm on board as i like the genre very much and the premise of the story is quite intresting and i'm already curious about their take on it and execution,OCN gave us one of the best crime genre dramas so no problem there...Now gonna wait but this year looks like the year of Detective/crime dramas and Office Romance stuff...

@Miky88 

LwM9Ssr.gif

I came across some Korean viewers who said the same things as you said, that OCN had been good at producing many good crime dramas.   I’m sort of new with OCN’s in general so I’m happy to hear from you.   I have to see a few teasers before I can say much, but  I feel semi-optimistic about this drama because of what had happened to CJE&M.  I don’t know whether you heard about this.   Last year CJE&M made its drama division into a subsidiary  called ‘Studio Dragon’ which can produce drama projects not only for tvN & OCN but for other broadcasters like SBS/MBC/SBS…    I read that 'SD' will go public this year.  It means 'SD' had to select  the lineup for 2017 very carefully.   'Voice' is the first lineup for 2017 and I noticed it is doing well so far with  good reviews & rising ratings.   Tunnel is the second on the lineup.  owhahaa  :rolleyes:

Later I want to talk about  this topic some more as there are more interesting details and some soompi members might be interested to hear about it (CJE&M and Studio Dragon)

I hope to read your thinking when there is a teaser.   thank you for stopping by

15 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Now gonna wait but this year looks like the year of Detective/crime dramas and Office Romance stuff...

I am amazed all the time how they are having a trend each year. It`s like the writers are having a seminar and chose the topic of the year. :w00t: I am interested in crime dramas so no complain but I do wonder how many dramas will air successfully until the audience will have enough. I guess they will pick just a few to see who grab their interest. 

8 hours ago, booha said:

Later I want to talk about  this topic some more as there are more interesting details and some soompi members might be interested to hear about it (CJE&M and Studio Dragon)

Thanks.  I did not know the information about the new production company. I will be interested to hear more about this subject. So Voice and Tunnel have the same producer company?

@larus    I’m  glad to know you are curious about it too.  Now about  ‘Voice’ I saw it in wiki that it’s a joint production with Content K(Key East) and SD.   It seems Key East is a reputable management agency.  You probably know it too.  I’m not surprised it is JH’s agency since JH is a very reputable actor.    It seems SD produces its own drama project but also makes joint ventures with other companies (or management agencies)   I will talk more about SD/CJE&M later but it sounds like SD/CJE&M provides the needed  investment  funds which it gets from not only in Korea but overseas. Whereas Tunnel is SD’s production.  

** I like the old cassette player mounted on his bicycle. Now I know detective PKH likes music.   hehe  @Miky88  Yeah I like that skateboard boy’s expression.  He is definitely this hip 21 century young generation.  I hope he wasn’t the one who accidentally pressed a button on his smart phone to cause the time slip.   Probably not   After all this is kdrama with kdrama’s logic and rule.  So there shouldn’t be a random accident.   Besides  there is this familiar banner of ‘fate & time’ on the screen.   Unfortunately the teaser is really really brief.  sigh   

Translation for the teaser  

(caption) 난분명1986년이었는데…?   눈뜨보니2016년이다?!

I was definitely in 1986 …?  When my eyes were opened  then it’s 2016?!

(021) Where is this place?
(022) What is that?
(028) I was definitely in 1986...
(032) 운명과시간이 교차하는곳,  터널
Where fate and time intersect, Tunnel

sn0ycZb.jpg

(another translation by the fan et_winnie: English/Chinese/Japanese) :lol:B)

Archived