[Drama 2017] My Father is Strange 아버지가 이상해

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

I think i heard HY say to YJ (when she was dressing down)that MY became  obese after she was emotionally hurt.  I do not think I heard that before? I guess we will learn more about that later on.:unsure:

@maddymappo:If I remember well,  MY got injured while  Judo training  and  at that moment  she was a prospect in judo and  because of her lesion she couldn’t  continue. Her dreams ended. Because of that she got depressed and emotionally hurt. She couldn’t exercise anymore so  got fat, all this before being bullied by YJ.

1 hour ago, camichi said:

@maddymappo:If I remember well,  MY got injured while  Judo training  and  at that moment  she was a prospect in judo and  because of her lesion she couldn’t  continue. Her dreams ended. Because of that she got depressed and emotionally hurt. She couldn’t exercise anymore so  got fat, all this before being bullied by YJ.

@camichi  Thanks, yes, now I recall something about that,  I am getting old, can't remember all these details anymore!

I'll defend Joong Hee.

You can say his desire to become a better actor is his "ulterior motive," but I think it was the role that triggered his desire to want to know his father and become a part of the family. Basically, the desire to become part of the family is a much bigger factor, although he obviously wants to do a good job on this role, too. (It's clearly set up to be the make-or-break role of his career.)

And even though he had some trouble adjusting living with the family, I'm actually shocked at how well he's adjusted so far. I really thought he would be a much bigger diva.

Whenever I go to Korea, I stay with some family members there, and they have a modest living arrangement that is a lot like this family: one bathroom shared by many, people sleep and sit on the floor. Now, I love going to Korea and seeing my family. I love when the house feels so full of life and activity. But it is also HARD to adjust to this. And I am not even a wealthy celebrity with a round-the-clock servant like Joong Hee. I'm just a regular person who lives in the U.S. and has chairs and a bathroom that I don't have to share with six people.

So I think Joong Hee is doing pretty well, even though the kids are trying to ice him out.

And the actor playing Joong Hee is so cute. Whenever he does that high-pitched giggle, awwww.

(Where is Al the turtle? I hope grandma hasn't cooked him.)

10 hours ago, chickfactor said:

(Where is Al the turtle? I hope grandma hasn't cooked him.)

I'm worried about Al too :D

And I agree with you about all what you said about Joong Hee, and Lee Joon is doing great for the role.

15 hours ago, RayaAplus said:

Ep 19 preview here

Thank you @RayaAplus !!

Translation (Video):

Dad: Did I really have to live using Han Soo's name?

Mom: But we had no hope at all.

RY: In this world, there are secrets that should be kept, and secrets that should not be kept.

Jung-Hwan: Well, if we get caught, we can just get married.

HY: He isn't serious about getting married, is he?

Joong-Hee (to Yoo Joo): Why are you nagging her so much? You must have bullied people when you went to school.

MY: If she treats me badly, why do you hate her for it?

Joong-Hee: Well, it's not as if you and I have absolutely no relationship with each other.

Soccer Coach: Please give me your number.

RY: Is he trying to two-time with me?

MY: You're crazy! Oh my world, how can Big Unni do this?

Mom: What is this? The friend she is living with is a man?

--

Translation (Text):

혜영은 라영에게 동거사실을 비밀로 하라고 입단속을 시키지만 불안하기만 하고. 

정환은 들키면 결혼을 하겠다는 말로 속내를 비친다.

오랫만에 한수의 고모를 찾아 간 윤석(김영철)과 영실은 과거를 떠올리며 회한의 눈물을 흘리는데..

- HY tells RY to keep her mouth shut about her living with a man, but she is nervous.

- Jung-Hwan says if they are caught, they can just marry, thereby revealing his inner thoughts.

- Visiting Han Soo's aunt after a long time, Yoon-Seok (Father) and Young-Sil (Mother) think about the past and shed tears of contrition.

(FYI, Father's real name is Lee Yoon-Seok)

@camichi Well I'm trying hard to retrieve the video from there, but so far no luck. Maybe you could try this link

http://www.kbs.co.kr/player/openk/player.php?ad=N&title=제19부 %3A%3A 아버지가 이상해 %3A%3A 5월 6일 토요일&url=2tv/dra_papa/prev/pre170506.mp4&type=501&thumurl=http://img.kbs.co.kr/cms/smart/tv/drama/papa/view/preview/__icsFiles/thumbnail/2017/05/03/pre19.jpg&pwidth=320&pheight=260&auto=N

Anyway, I think some irresponsible intern forgot to upload it on Naver and YT and most probably will do it in the morning. For now you can at least look at some caps - http://ous9988.blog.me/220997795028

just saw the preview, cant wait!!!

- JH is trying to get revenge for MY by treating YJ poorly, only to get told off by MY instead. Poor guy must be so baffled..

- Why is their mom crying??

- CS's twin asks for RY's number. Love rival here he comes. RY must be shocked on the count of she thinks he's CS's boyfriend. She's finally going to learn the truth. And is CS's twin making him do yoga? 

- As expected, RY is using HY's secret living arrangement to get her sister to buy her things. Too bad she couldnt keep it for long as their mom finally knows the truth about who HY is living with.. 

I have just seen the preview of ep 19 and it is good that LJ is supporting MY.He is still trying to be in good terms with MY since she is ignoring him.I love the way he looks at MY when he says that it is not true that we don't have any relationship.And I think the next problem to be solved is HY's marriage.

Archived