[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The King’s Woman 泰时丽人明月心

sugarplum892

7 hours ago, january1234 said:

Have just looked again at the upsetting trailer-and the translation of it could be "Qin King you must die".

It could also mean either "It's inevitable  you'll die (sometime in the future)" or "you're doomed/bound to die". (Fei...bu ke is a special construction. )But I'm no expert and it as usual depends on context (someone more fluent in translation and equally nerdy might know better). I shall lurk in the shadows of this forum, but probably still  will not  watch the rest of it till it's well over-if at all.However-you are both right that it may not be helpful to assume anything from these clips and be prematurely alarmed. (still very dark though).

Yes. You are right. "Fei bu ke" is a special construction. I'm no expert in mandarin but I understand cantonese fluently. As i watch mandarin dramas, I'll consciously translate their dialogues to cantonese to gain a better understanding - as both these languages are very similar. As we all know, things get lost in translations no matter how well intended they are. The way Li said it, it does really mean "you must die." There's no way out. But i guess what's crucial is the way she's charging forward with the dagger. She does seems reluctant. Or so i hope. 

6 hours ago, rosamundekingsley99_stv said:

the reason that I am trying to figure out if Han Shen really died in The King's Woman or not is because the synopsis for The Legend of Qin states that Han Shen took Ting Meng out of the palace and raised him to be the rebel to Qin.  At least, that is what I have read online.  I tried watching The Legend of Qin, and I honestly could not get into it.

There's no continuation of HS in legend of qin. So he will end here as well. HS   will get TM out of the palace and my guess would be YZ will send those wind, fire, mountain and whatever warriors to pursue them. And most likely, TM will be saved by Ger Nie (Lan's father) who's TM master in legend of qin. 

From the latest trailer, everything does look grim. In one scene, Li overheard YZ's plans and she realised YZ never fully trusted her after all these years. (Like why she's even suprised after all those betrayals. Lol)

And if anything, these trailers are causing so much confusion. We were lead to belived from ep 35/36 that Li has finally fallen deeply in love with YZ, and now here she is rekindling her love with JK? :(

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, fellice said:

I'm really enjoying reading all of your insight in this forum. It's really great to see how all of you can have detailed insight and opinion. ^_^

Watching all of the preview, I'm starting to lose my hope for the ending. Lier became more frustating towards the end of this series. Can't she just not going back and forth between YZ and JK. They should have cut all of JK and Lier moments. No one wants to see them together. JK is not someone that we can root to be with female lead. His character is poorly written and poorly potrayed by the actor. HS too became someone who meddle with JK and Lier relationship. I still can understand with all of Lier decision before (eventhough it's indeed frustating sometimes), but based on the preview.. Idk anymore. I hope when it airs, the drama can give the viewers reasonable explanation. 

@dramalover1 Yan Dan can't act. I cringed when he was crying or maybe laughing or smiling. It's just so bad.

@briaes  @SeGafanladythe drama title is The King's Woman but in fact it was YZ who is the backbone of this story. Lier is just there to connect all of three men. They should have changed the title to not mislead the viewers.

If this drama becomes a hot mess on the end (looks like almost everyone is death in this drama), I would like to blame writer or maybe the novel (Idk how the novel is) because they ruined YZ and Lier chemistry just like that. I would like to maintain positive opinion till the end, but again the preview making it hard for me to do so.

As much as I love DD, her acting capabilities couldn't overcome this ridiculous script. I hope that next time she could choose a character which suit her the best and also a better script. It would be better if she could improve her acting so she could handle this kind of angsty and heavy role which need a lot of expression.

Their chemistry works in this drama bcs it's ZBB n DD who played their respective roles. If we changed DD or ZBB, I don't think we could get this kind of chemistry. They're comfortable with each other, that's why their chemistry works.

Btw, thank you for all of your updates in this forum. I'm really grateful reading all of your opinion and the real history of Qin (I gain a lot of knowledge from this forum). I hope we could get a proper ending for this series :D (fingers crossed)

Actually ZBB had some great on-screen chemistry with Yang Mi, so I don't think DD is necessary for the onscreen chemistry. (You just need a half-decent actress to work with him to get the chemistry going.) It's DD who can't do the on-screen chemistry. If you look at all the romantic scenes, it's ZBB that carry the intense desire and underlying emotions of the scene, and DD just sort of follows along. 

That's why when you have her and JK together, there's NO chemistry because neither she NOR JK can pull it off. (I wrote a detailed explanation of this in another post earlier) It's the same for HS and DD because HS can't emote chemistry / attraction / desire, and ditto for DD. 

Sill lurking-this forum is becoming more addictive than the series:

briaes- thank you so much for the clarification as to which meaning of the phrase it is. It's a real bummer though and that, plus the other comments about trailers (I've even stopped watching those)-e.g from eightbcdefg and blessedchild and haileyyooo just make me surprised that the writers actually seem to be going through with this mad three way (or four if you include HS) tragedy-leaving YZ on the outside of a family unit (this time TM,JK and Li) AGAIN. How banal, what a waste-and really-as you say-what's so SPECIAL about Li ? I know they've tried to build her up -leading an army , saving the King-but many of us have found this to be ludicrous rather than believable.

God what a waste of a promising start to this series ! And yes, am still finding the attachment to JK unbelievable.

BTW someone mentioned a trailer of the YZ cradling her and crying-for all sorts of reasons I'd believe he'd do that-out of real love/grief /loss/disappointment and hurt to have it confirmed that she didn't love him as much as JK in the end if she tries to kill him.

lavender2love-not a linguist, I speak other languages but Mandarin is my first real Asian language -very different.I was watching this as a first cdrama to help my listening/translation.The pluses have been:

1 My Mandarin comprehension is not as bad as I thought (though sometimes hilariously so) and improving.

2 This Forum-I've learned a lot about cdrama/kdrama,history, got some further  resources for watching and reading AND really insightful , intelligent and witty analysis and contributions.

3 ZBB-one to watched-as I said I am surprised at how self effacing he seems to be and can transform himself from clean cut boyishness to something compelling/passionate/cruel/uncontrolled/intelligent/decisive.He is quite the Find and One to Watch.

@dramalover1 I'd have to agree on your ZBB-DD chemistry analysis. I believe ZBB can romance the heck out of a tree and still exude chemistry, he's that effective in delivering his lines and those little micro expressions he does manages to get you buying what he's selling. I really wish DD can match his intensity. There were moments in previous episodes when she did and that got me sold on their pairing that I've been willing to ride out the shenanigan we've been seeing lately but ZBB is definitely working overtime to create that chemistry between their characters and my hope is that DD will grow as an actress to develop that nuanced acting that gets viewers to empathize  with her characters. I feel like I got taken for a ride by YZ throughout the drama when I initially picked it up for Li's headstrong heroine premise.  

6 hours ago, haileyyooo said:

From TKW Official WEIBO ,ignore this if you dont want to see a bitter spoiler  :bawling: (Lier meets Jingke and hug each other, sigh 

http://overseas.weico.cc/share/7362012.html?weibo_id=4157255529785035

Whatever.  This drama has then officially "jumped the shark."

And if YZ kills Li-er, then he has killed off all the major concubines in this drama - either through commands or his sword.

4 minutes ago, marimari00 said:

@dramalover1 I'd have to agree on your ZBB-DD chemistry analysis. I believe ZBB can romance the heck out of a tree and still exude chemistry, he's that effective in delivering his lines and those little micro expressions he does manages to get you buying what he's selling. I really wish DD can match his intensity. There were moments in previous episodes when she did and that got me sold on their pairing that I've been willing to ride out the shenanigan we've been seeing lately but ZBB is definitely working overtime to create that chemistry between their characters and my hope is that DD will grow as an actress to develop that nuanced acting that gets viewers to empathize  with her character. I feel like I got taken for a ride by YZ throughout the drama when I initially picked it up for Li's headstrong heroine premise.  

@marimari00 @dramalover1 I don't think that DD will ever develop into that kind of actress.  She does not seem to "feel" her characters based on other dramas I have briefly watched.  I do not believe that she is the character.  Rom-coms may be ok because she is not really required to carry the character and the storyline.  And yes, ZBB has been doing most of the work.

27 minutes ago, january1234 said:

Sill lurking-this forum is becoming more addictive than the series:

briaes- thank you so much for the clarification as to which meaning of the phrase it is. It's a real bummer though and that, plus the other comments about trailers (I've even stopped watching those)-e.g from eightbcdefg and blessedchild and haileyyooo just make me surprised that the writers actually seem to be going through with this mad three way (or four if you include HS) tragedy-leaving YZ on the outside of a family unit (this time TM,JK and Li) AGAIN. How banal, what a waste-and really-as you say-what's so SPECIAL about Li ? I know they've tried to build her up -leading an army , saving the King-but many of us have found this to be ludicrous rather than believable.

God what a waste of a promising start to this series ! And yes, am still finding the attachment to JK unbelievable.

BTW someone mentioned a trailer of the YZ cradling her and crying-for all sorts of reasons I'd believe he'd do that-out of real love/grief /loss/disappointment and hurt to have it confirmed that she didn't love him as much as JK in the end if she tries to kill him.

lavender2love-not a linguist, I speak other languages but Mandarin is my first real Asian language -very different.I was watching this as a first cdrama to help my listening/translation.The pluses have been:

1 My Mandarin comprehension is not as bad as I thought (though sometimes hilariously so) and improving.

2 This Forum-I've learned a lot about cdrama/kdrama,history, got some further  resources for watching and reading AND really insightful , intelligent and witty analysis and contributions.

3 ZBB-one to watched-as I said I am surprised at how self effacing he seems to be and can transform himself from clean cut boyishness to something compelling/passionate/cruel/uncontrolled/intelligent/decisive.He is quite the Find and One to Watch.

@dramalover1 thank you for explaining the General Fan beheading/killing - the context makes more sense.  I probably need to watch all this more closely to figure it out but I simply cannot watch JK at all.

@january1234 Egads, I have wondered for awhile what is so special about Li-er and not sure why she is embracing JK at all.  And having seen preview 46, I agree with you that YZ is probably holding Li-er's corpse due to disappointment and hurt.  And like someone else said, how on earth do you go from "I truly love His Majesty" to JK.  And regarding ZBB, yes, he knows how to transform himself into the character and I suspect that acting goofy is how he revitalizes himself.  He is very funny on the BTS - no traditional Asian actor inhibitions which is refreshing to watch.  Everyone else is a stilted stick.  

1 hour ago, briaes said:
1 hour ago, dramalover1 said:

Actually ZBB had some great on-screen chemistry with Yang Mi, so I don't think DD is necessary for the onscreen chemistry. (You just need a half-decent actress to work with him to get the chemistry going.) It's DD who can't do the on-screen chemistry. If you look at all the romantic scenes, it's ZBB that carry the intense desire and underlying emotions of the scene, and DD just sort of follows along. 

That's why when you have her and JK together, there's NO chemistry because neither she NOR JK can pull it off. (I wrote a detailed explanation of this in another post earlier) It's the same for HS and DD because HS can't emote chemistry / attraction / desire, and ditto for DD. 

From the latest trailer, everything does look grim. In one scene, Li overheard YZ's plans and she realised YZ never fully trusted her after all these years. (Like why she's even suprised after all those betrayals. Lol)

And if anything, these trailers are causing so much confusion. We were lead to belived from ep 35/36 that Li has finally fallen deeply in love with YZ, and now here she is rekindling her love with JK? :(

@dramalover1 @briaes between JK and Li-er, it is beyond no chemistry.  Nothing. There is more chemistry (if you could call that) between Han Shen and Li-er.  As for YZ, again why would he trust Li-er aside from all her micro-betrayals? He has never trusted anyone and that is how he survives, and having been with YZ all these years, Li-er should understand that fundamental characteristic.  And they should have kept TM cute.  The new TM kind of looks like younger YZ.... hmmm....

PS-Lu Bu Wei in E40 (?)seems to say the YZ is a "wolf tiger"-meaning perhaps YZ has a vicious and cunning streak (help me someone) to YZ's Mom (she was being naive if she thought they three could be together as a family-am paraphrasing). If so a searing indictment from his supposed biological father.

I feel that the writers have treated the character of YZ  abusively/unsympathetically to build up the Li character .

I now  am inclined to agree with dramalover1, the writers/Li  have treated him abusively-and it remains so to the end. Is this because they are conforming to some stereotype of the Qin Emperor  that is a bit one-note? And, is  it only ZBB's performance that makes him so sympathetic that we're all rooting for him-as he's fully fleshed  (I mean everything with Li appears to be SO superficial-T M's pregnancy/grandfather's death/the miscarriage-is it the character or is it DD, so the sudden reversal to the wooden JK is a bit unbelievable).

PS also found the plotting episodes boring because characters were so unbelievably wooden too . I didn't even flinch when JK killed the General (? Fan) for his head-how bad is that? And Yan Dan-agree-also wooden. More wood in the plotting scenes than a forest of trees.

briaes - just read your summary of Legend of Qin, thanks again - think they're conforming to the prequel format.

God, I think  the only reasons for sticking around is to finish what one started or to see how awful it could get (or if holding out hope for a better ending which seems to be getting fainter). Perhaps the person who said they shouldn't release the trailers is right.

2 hours ago, dramalover1 said:

I'm aware of the ridiculous censorship and so on in China. But that doesn't explain the lack of character consistency and motivation. If you look at Bu Bu Jing Xin and Eternal Love, it is very clear what's motivating characters and why they're doing what they're doing. You aren't left frustrated because you cannot understand their actions. (BTW - I've disagreed with some of the things that characters did in both dramas, but I understood WHY they did it, so I could follow the story and have fun.)

As for Moon Lovers -- the reason why they had to show a different version in Korea (they aired 2 different versions in Korea too -- same as China & Director's cut) because so many people in Korea complained about the poor editing quality and so on. Moon Lovers was such a fail that I couldn't watch beyond Ep 3 regardless of which version. They had more scenes than they put into the drama, hence they were able to add extra stuff here and there for Korean Director's Cut version. The writer for Moon Lovers is a total idiot (just look at her history, and you can see she hasn't written anything that's been reviewed favorably or had a decent rating) and I do not understand why they hired her for the project rather than the team who wrote Queen Sun Deok, Flying 6 Dragons, and Tree with Deep Roots. I switched to Moonlight Drawn by the Cloud or whatever which aired at the same time.

Wait before I reply to u...@lavender2love i dont like this soompi upgrade. I will complain when I get back hm.:D

@dramalover1 love your forthcoming insights which is so true on many accounts. I only wish I have more time to reply. Maybe my 1st post weren't as clear. What i was trying to say that KW like many of the cdramas has its faults but it is not entirely the writers fault. I dont believe their scripts were written to give each character such a poor development. There must be more scenes which wasn't shown.What it lacks( and boy does it ever ) wasnt perhaps shown due to many edits thru diff editing teams that Ive suggested in my previous posts. Hence why many actors/actresses and even the director were neva aware on what is aired or not during their drama run. Some even said it was their 1st time to watch it along with all other viewers.

Inregards to ML the writer and director was a lil TOO ambiguous. Warning bells sparked  with the k version ending at 20 eps as compared to the much longer (35 eps) and detailed chinese version. No wonder it was messy. 

4 hours ago, eighbcdefg said:

While Li and JK are hugging she says she cannot just watch him seek his death like this, and that she must think of an idea to save him. 

The way JK is hugging her makes it seem like he still loves her :( 

Why did HS have to tell him that Li was always thinking about him in the palace after all this time, and even after she told him she loved the king???? He got rejected and now he's bitter? 

Honestly in the beginning I saw JK as a legitimate second lead, but at this point, his character is so poorly written that I feel like he is has become an insult to the real Jing Ke. 

Thank you for responding my call! I agree on JK but I stopped thinking about anything at around episode 20. The more that i question the more that i will lose my interest and i don't want that to happen so i just watch the series as is. I love the analizations being post by others though.

1 hour ago, marimari00 said:

@dramalover1 I'd have to agree on your ZBB-DD chemistry analysis. I believe ZBB can romance the heck out of a tree and still exude chemistry, he's that effective in delivering his lines and those little micro expressions he does manages to get you buying what he's selling. I really wish DD can match his intensity. There were moments in previous episodes when she did and that got me sold on their pairing that I've been willing to ride out the shenanigan we've been seeing lately but ZBB is definitely working overtime to create that chemistry between their characters and my hope is that DD will grow as an actress to develop that nuanced acting that gets viewers to empathize  with her characters. I feel like I got taken for a ride by YZ throughout the drama when I initially picked it up for Li's headstrong heroine premise.  

He is! I'm a fan of ZBB now to be honest. He's perfect in a way because he has the looks, the body and the talent. 

By the way, Is the forum loading properly on your end? I tried accessing it on all my devices but it's still weird. I am clicking the next page and it opens other profiles instead. 

18 hours ago, lavender2love said:

Wow..... @dramalover1... this is more like a fine lecture . I did ask you once if you were a lecturer or an author. You should be being so learned. Thank you I really enjoy it and almost took down notes... haha. It's a pleasure to learn from you

OOOPPPPSSS ..... just saw that dream go down the drain by @dramalover1 matter of fact comment.

I analyze story arcs and structure. So I tend to be very picky about story and character progression when I watch a drama.

And sorry for crushing your happiness...and hope...

1 hour ago, marimari00 said:

ZBB isn't quite there yet, but he's getting there. His acting's more nuanced here than in Eternal Love. 

As for DD, I don't see any maturity here compared to her performance in Eternal Love.

Yeah. I was hoping for the grand heroine (was a bit skeptical that DD was cast for the titular heroine) and ZBB really stole the show.

(Sort of like how Mishil stole the show in Queen Sun Deok...)

1 hour ago, rosamundekingsley99_stv said:

Whatever.  This drama has then officially "jumped the shark."

And if YZ kills Li-er, then he has killed off all the major concubines in this drama - either through commands or his sword.

@marimari00 @dramalover1 I don't think that DD will ever develop into that kind of actress.  She does not seem to "feel" her characters based on other dramas I have briefly watched.  I do not believe that she is the character.  Rom-coms may be ok because she is not really required to carry the character and the storyline.  And yes, ZBB has been doing most of the work.

She reminds me of Kim Tae Hee from Korea. Pretty, but soulless acting. Some Koreans joke that the best drama/film Kim Tae Hee's ever made is CF (commercial films / TV advertisements ).

@dramalover1 thank you for explaining the General Fan beheading/killing - the context makes more sense.  I probably need to watch all this more closely to figure it out but I simply cannot watch JK at all.

@january1234 Egads, I have wondered for awhile what is so special about Li-er and not sure why she is embracing JK at all.  And having seen preview 46, I agree with you that YZ is probably holding Li-er's corpse due to disappointment and hurt.  And like someone else said, how on earth do you go from "I truly love His Majesty" to JK.  And regarding ZBB, yes, he knows how to transform himself into the character and I suspect that acting goofy is how he revitalizes himself.  He is very funny on the BTS - no traditional Asian actor inhibitions which is refreshing to watch.  Everyone else is a stilted stick.  

That point was sort of unclear in the drama also. I knew because I read a few books about JK and his assassination attempt.

As for Li-Er, she's special because the plot demands it, not because she's written to be naturally attractive. I actually thought Madam Min was much more compelling than Li because Min was careful, methodical, patient, not prone to acting out on impulse / emotions, thoughtful and deliberate in her actions. If Min had loved YZ, she would've been the better person for YZ than Li in every way. The writers are bending over backward to make Li this great military genius, but it's laughable in every way (because when writers need her to be stupid or incompetent with martial arts, she is totally helpless). I don't think what YZ needs is a military mind, but a woman who is on his side unconditionally, loves him, supports him, shares his vision and wants to help him achieve his goal. And I feel like Min is exactly the kind of woman who can do that for him (if she'd loved him rather than had this vengeful plot line going on with Zhao State)

@dramalover1 @briaes between JK and Li-er, it is beyond no chemistry.  Nothing. There is more chemistry (if you could call that) between Han Shen and Li-er.  As for YZ, again why would he trust Li-er aside from all her micro-betrayals? He has never trusted anyone and that is how he survives, and having been with YZ all these years, Li-er should understand that fundamental characteristic.  And they should have kept TM cute.  The new TM kind of looks like younger YZ.... hmmm....

It is sad when the love triangle fails because the leads are like icicles together.

I agree that YZ still has reasons to believe Li can and will betray him if it suits her.

I feel like if they wanted Li to be mired in Yan Dan escape, etc. it would've been better to say--

Min had Yan Dan leave (her objective: to undermine Qin & cause conflict between Qin and Yan, so Zhao is overlooked / spared). Min manages to implicate Li in the escape because unbeknownst to Li, JK was involved in the escape, so YZ becomes angry and tosses her in prison, but before torture, she starts to gag, and they realize she's pregnant. Li comes out of prison, and she uses the opportunity to find out who's behind the conspiracy and disgraces Min.

And as for the JK assassination, it would've made more sense if...

HS tells Li about JK's plot. Li is torn, but decides she has to protect Tian Mind and YZ, so she sets JK up to be assassinated by her own men. They fail, but manage to wound JK. But because they failed, she decides to have HS take Tian Ming away just in case. So when JK tries to assassinate YZ, he's hampered by his injuries and YZ kills him. (because of the way they set it up so that JK is this super duper warrior, it doesn't make sense fro YZ to beat him single-handedly...because that means YZ >>>> JK >>>>> Li)

Because... come on. I'm gonna be cheering when JK is finally dead.

The new TM looks gross. Why did they do that?

1 hour ago, january1234 said:

PS-Lu Bu Wei in E40 (?)seems to say the YZ is a "wolf tiger"-meaning perhaps YZ has a vicious and cunning streak (help me someone) to YZ's Mom (she was being naive if she thought they three could be together as a family-am paraphrasing). If so a searing indictment from his supposed biological father.

I feel that the writers have treated the character of YZ  abusively/unsympathetically to build up the Li character .

I now  am inclined to agree with dramalover1, the writers/Li  have treated him abusively-and it remains so to the end. Is this because they are conforming to some stereotype of the Qin Emperor  that is a bit one-note? And, is  it only ZBB's performance that makes him so sympathetic that we're all rooting for him-as he's fully fleshed  (I mean everything with Li appears to be SO superficial-T M's pregnancy/grandfather's death/the miscarriage-is it the character or is it DD, so the sudden reversal to the wooden JK is a bit unbelievable).

PS also found the plotting episodes boring because characters were so unbelievably wooden too . I didn't even flinch when JK killed the General (? Fan) for his head-how bad is that? And Yan Dan-agree-also wooden. More wood in the plotting scenes than a forest of trees.

briaes - just read your summary of Legend of Qin, thanks again - think they're conforming to the prequel format.

God, I think  the only reasons for sticking around is to finish what one started or to see how awful it could get (or if holding out hope for a better ending which seems to be getting fainter). Perhaps the person who said they shouldn't release the trailers is right.

I think he said in admiration because he admires strength and strong will. He doesn't value mercy or generous heart.

As for Li, a lot of it is due to her poor acting and inability to really understand and project the character's emotional state correctly.

41 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Wait before I reply to u...@lavender2love i dont like this soompi upgrade. I will complain when I get back hm.:D

@dramalover1 love your forthcoming insights which is so true on many accounts. I only wish I have more time to reply. Maybe my 1st post weren't as clear. What i was trying to say that KW like many of the cdramas has its faults but it is not entirely the writers fault. I dont believe their scripts were written to give each character such a poor development. There must be more scenes which wasn't shown.What it lacks( and boy does it ever ) wasnt perhaps shown due to many edits thru diff editing teams that Ive suggested in my previous posts. Hence why many actors/actresses and even the director were neva aware on what is aired or not during their drama run. Some even said it was their 1st time to watch it along with all other viewers.

Inregards to ML the writer and director was a lil TOO ambiguous. Warning bells sparked  with the k version ending at 20 eps as compared to the much longer (35 eps) and detailed chinese version. No wonder it was messy. 

I actually thought they never got to watch the final version because they're so overbooked. It looks like they're filming one drama after another without any break in between.

ML was a fail from the beginning. They can cram the story into 20 eps. Korean dramas are 1 hour long. Chinese drama episodes are shorter (around 40 mins or so). But the problem is that the writer sucked donkey's peepee and the director was horrible. I had a bad feeling when the director said he focused on the heroine having multiple semi-romantic relationships with a bunch of handsome princes. That is NOT what Bu Bu Jing Xin's about.

ZBB is too good portraying his YZ, so we cant hate him..

in other way, DD's LE is not impactful, so we hate her character more.

from what i get, the storyline should be YZ again and again cannot trust LE, LE heard then she brokenhearted want to leave him.

i think the writer want to make us pitiful to LE, but we pitied YZ instead..

this series character development is a messsssss ( beside YZ, ZBB is love <3 )

i will just continue lurk here.. i will decide to continue watch after the finale. T.T

Er-Apologies for introducing this up front. I read somewhere  there's a version of Legend of Qin where JK is on the run and Han Shen dies in rescuing TM from the palace?  . Which means JK's alive because of her sacrifice-and thus YZ is left with pain ,grief and loss -as well as egg on his face. Can someone confirm? This would be a further howler of a plot twist (and very unwelcome).  I would think Li'er is EVEN more of an idiot (than a heroine). And BTW why was she helping Qin conquer Zhao if the idea of conquest was so repugnant (Wey being conquered/family dead/ home she couldn't  go to etc then suddenly reverses sharply and  becomes protective/maternal/concerned for Wooden Boy or whatever)?Are we in the realm of  "What the hell were the writers thinking?".

3 hours ago, january1234 said:

I'll try to clarify this. From what you quoted, I chuckled at those translations. Went back to check again. Indeed, those were the exact words. LOLing real hard :D. Ok, it seems these are viki translations. I much prefer kissasian translations. They're more on point. (Kissasian translation was "he's violent by nature". Well, still not exactly there but way better than viki). Essentially, what Lu buwei meant about "wolf tiger face" is actually describing YZ's nature that's akin to a wolf and/or tiger characteristics i.e. fierce, courageous, powerful, territorial, determined, strong leadership skills etc. These very nature of his makes it his destiny to conquer and unite the 6 states. The chinese language have a way of describing people thru animals characteristics. And if you look at the 12 zodiac animals, you'll get a better feel of their attributes. HTH :)

And with regards to JK actually leaving the palace alive after the failed assassination attempt, I seriously dont think it's a possible plot. They would have to abide by the true historical account that JK actually died trying, dont they?

BTW, looking at the trailers again, TM looks like a tween or a young teen. Now, the timeline here doesnt match up. In ep 37, Li was prego then went back to the palace. HS returned TM to the palace not long after. She then had a miscarriage. And off she went zhou state. After the war/fighting, both YZ and Li went back to the palace. At about the same time JK is plotting his mega assassination. And when it finally takes place, TM has bloom so much??? Aren't all these events supposed to be taking place one after another with the JK assassination plot concurrently happening at very same time? Or did JK take years to fine tune his game?

Am i missing something? :huh:

3 hours ago, tudorrose said:

By the way, Is the forum loading properly on your end? I tried accessing it on all my devices but it's still weird. I am clicking the next page and it opens other profiles instead. 

It's working properly on my end. Any chance you haven't switched to the upgraded soompi theme yet? I had problems when using the outdated version before. The settings is at the bottom of the page under the Theme option if you haven't yet. Try it and see if it works

Looks like this drama is a train heading for derailment. I think I'm gonna lurk here and wait for all eps to come out before I decide whether I should jump ship or not. I picked it up because it reminded me somehow of Moon Lovers with a seemingly strong heroine that have now developed some type of split disorder personality. Then again I'm also frustrated by YZ's extreme distrust and I can't feel it to its full extent bec of ZBB's acting but seriously, how many times can Li risk her life for you? At some point I don't blame her for bailing. She should've left and never looked back but LiZhong and MengWu just had to be such meddlers too. Everyone 's got their nose on these two's business it's ridiculous 

@briaes - re translation- many thanks again for translation  assistance - and comparison between the 2  lots of subtitling ( they were my own actually - I am hilariously bad...:)), but really, more so for the inference which I missed. So it seems that LBW did admire these qualities in YZ and very probably was more of a "father" in the sense that he might have been working behind the scenes to help him in Zhao...? Uniting all warring states under Qin became the most important thing both to(purported) father and son , which was something they both shared. No doubt I'll try to get more out of the episodes I've already seen translation wise.I might re watch them as a language exercise.

Relief if plot doesn't deteriorate to the extent I feared re JK being alive.

Not allowed self to view further trailers (too chicken), but generally speaking have also tried to work out timelines before and found they didn't match .

I've been scrolling through to note references for tv dramas I've been given-have bookmarked 10 Miles of peach blossom. Must admit the plot twists and turns has given me a bit of a pang.

Alriiiiight~ I finally created an account JUST to talk about my feelings for this amazing drama!!!!!!!!! SO MANY FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS AND UGH! THE ANGST OF IT ALL! I've been going through some previous pages, but I haven't caught up since I'm still on episode 22 :( However, I already feel I'm going to need that tissue box really really soon... 

Also, I love how this drama is different from all other Chinese dramas with the aggressive male constantly being the second lead! Hip-hip-hooray for this awesome drama going against the grain! I am in LOVE!!!!!!!!!! And also both the leads are so gorgeous. I can't stop staring at them (and their eyebrows - like wow...) :wub:

However, there is one thing that annoys me a bit. There isn't enough killing from this ruthless leader... I want to see him slash more people!! I know I'm still halfway in... but I think it wasn't until about episode 11 when the king killed someone after the first episode... More blood, more ruthless killing!!

Thank you all for all those BTS clips too! LOVING IT! I don't want this drama to end.... I'm taking it so slow, it's becoming painful for myself... :(

Archived