[Drama 2016-2017] First Love Again 다시, 첫사랑 Thanks for Watch.

0ly40

13 hours ago, rikimaiu said:

Yes. Apparently, she lost her memory. I wish the detective tells DY that HJ is dead. That way when he accidentally sees her, he will start to investigate.  He wouldn't be harsh to her if he thinks it is a different girl since HJ has no memory of DY. 

Okay, I may have missed something. I don't remember where they discuss HJ having amnesia? In episode 6 or 7, HJ's mother and sister discuss the fact that HJ must have forgotten DY by now since it's been 8 years, when they were being concerned with being located so close to DY's office. And yes, I also found it surprising that she didn't recognize MH when MH had such a huge impact on her life. And, regardless of what HJ's mother and sister think, there is no way that HJ could forget DY. So, maybe there is some partial amnesia going on that I missed a reference to somewhere? If someone could let me know, I would appreciate that. Also, I'm still wondering where HJ's child is. 

However, I do wish that they would try to tell DY that HJ died, so that DY could start figuring out who he can and can't trust around him. So, the private eye that his people had contacted who was in MH's employ seems to be refusing to take part in the charade any more. However, I think DY's secretary is actually a mole for MH? 

I guess I had start paying more attention to the story elements of this drama rather than confusing myself. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omo here we go again. Can't kdrama writers keep amnesia and dementia out of their plots? 

The only characters I like so far in this drama is HJ's mom and sister.  They seems real to me. I have seen time and again in kdrama  'floor mats' characters like HJ and DY's mom and how is it possible for DY's dad an owner of a top food company gets manipulated by their biggest shareholder like MH's mom and dad and a smart man like DY is used by his wife. Do they have to make them so pathetic ? If only for the plots that let us brain dead people watching it  for 100+ episode . . Pls pls get REAL ok

On 12/4/2016 at 10:06 PM, stroppyse said:

I'm still wondering about HJ's baby. There was a character description of HJ which talks about her losing her man, her integrity, and her baby, but still trying to make a life for her family, by which they mean HJ's mother and sister, I assume. I assume the baby is fine, still, but had to be adopted out or something. Anyway, so far, it's all a mystery.

Hello Everyone, @booha  I'm still here just has some real life problems occur that cut into my soompi time but glad to see others are enjoying this drama to.. Welcome Avoard @imgreatgal We all say no more dailys but we find one that draws us in and it's back to frustration and swaring.. LOL  I right along with everyone else agree that he's going to torture her until he finds out that MH is behind everything.. MH hasn't realized the heatache she has placed on her child once DY finds out just what she.. If something happen to HJ and his child MH and her daughter is going to pay dearly..

I find DY mom ridiculous all of a sudden she got balls to try and confront the mistress, The only thing I like about DY and I hope he continues is to make his dad bow down and kick him out of the picture him and mistress needs to be put on a leech and a very short one at that..  Mistress knows that MH got the upper hand on her until she finds out all the dirt that MH did to HJ in order to marry DY.. The Mistress we all just love to hate but in this case she may be Hj saving grace and her silent backer.. I just don't see MH and her evil adopted mom gettng away with they plan to keep DY attach to them child or no child.. I think MH is greedy enough to oust her adopted mother.. I see HJ and her child may become a pawn to them all if indeed the child is still alive.. 

@stroppyse  I'm also wondering if MH did something to hide her child or did her mom and sister hide the child.. If her son is still alive he may show up around the age of 15 or 16 yrs of age so I'm hoping but her losing her baby may have MH all over it she has to hide HJ child to make her and DY relationship seems real.. I'm hoping DY gets pregnant again with the model..  One thing for sure DY is no dummy and he keeps they marriage strictly business related..  One thing I find in regards to MH is she don't see how much her innocent child will suffer behind he own greed so brace yourself were in for a lot of bumpy times and we will all feel sorry for HJ until DY flip the table on MH..  

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

Omo here we go again. Can't kdrama writers keep amnesia and dementia out of their plots? 

The only characters I like so far in this drama is HJ's mom and sister.  They seems real to me. I have seen time and again in kdrama  'floor mats' characters like HJ and DY's mom and how is it possible for DY's dad an owner of a top food company gets manipulated by their biggest shareholder like MH's mom and dad and a smart man like DY is used by his wife. Do they have to make them so pathetic ? If only for the plots that let us brain dead people watching it  for 100+ episode . . Pls pls get REAL ok

@imgreatgal  If they have to go this route I'm glad that it was introduce in the beginning of the drama instead of the middle of it..  This is going to make things all the more interesting watching her have flashbacks of the past and just what caused her to have amnesia..  But you can best believe DH is going to flip the script on them all when it comes to what happen to HJ even his mom won't be able to stop him that position she cherrished so much for him to have won't mean a thing to him because she played privy into the schemes for him to marry MH he's not going to do things mom will want him to do anymore because out of all people he thought he could trust also betrayed him for a G/child thats not even his.. But after all the years Dy mom has been dealing with the mistress she still hasn't gotten wind of how to deal with this lady I find utterly ridiculous..

My bad @booha @0ly40 @Misstwilightfan1416  Thanks for the links and videos

On 12/1/2016 at 11:28 PM, sava2sava said:

She didn't betray him that witch force them apart mow she has to try and kill his baby but she's going to pay for all of this for making him be a dad to a child thats not his.. I just hope she disappear and show back up after maybe 5 or 9 yrs what do you think @booha  Do you see a time jump..

Annyeonghaseyo Chingu's. I have to say I am loving this drama. Just started watching it.       

@sava2sava  Chingu, Cha Do Yoon knows he isn't Min Hee's child father. In the hospital he asked her why she needs to marry him and she said she needs a legal father for her child because her mother thinks the child is his. Let me tell you this Biatchhh is so evil and I truly dislike Cha Do Yoon's mother. She is part of the conspiracy to break the OTP up and almost got her son killed in the process. I wonder if she knew Lee Ha Jin was pregnant with her grandchild. Her greed to have her son inherit the company was really strong. I wonder how she will feel once she finds out the exact details that happen between her son and the love of his life. 

Cha Do Yoon is stillllll pissed and broken up by losing Ha Jin.  The way they broke up wassss so messed up and O can't wait for  Min Hee to finallllly be at the receiving end of CHA DO YOON HATRED WHEN THE TRUTH COMES OUT. That is what I am waiting for. I so love the Do Yoon treats Min Hee like everything is just business and he reads her so well.  I am still at episode 5... Once I finish the rest I will come back with more comments . 

On 12/5/2016 at 5:14 PM, stroppyse said:

It feels as if this drama is still setting everything up after the time jump, so not sure I have too much to say yet. Right now, the one thing I'm curious about is where DY and HJ's child is. Otherwise, we seem to be waiting for DY and HJ to meet again, and their interactions to start. 

I think it's interesting that not only are all the main characters flawed, they're not going with the usual trope of having the separated lovers remain "pure", e.g. sexless. If I understand this correctly, while DY and MH have a contract marriage, they both have lovers on the side. In episode 6 and in the preview for ep 7, it's explicit with MH and her lover in the hotel suite where MH and DY renewed their contract marriage for another 2 year term. With DY, it's a little less clear whether the woman at Black Pearl is actually his lover or just a companion. Since DY is the main lead, I guess, they have to be a little bit more careful with him spreading his kisses and body around. :) Also, I guess the implication is that HJ has been too busy trying to make a living as well as to pay for her mother's hospital fees and her sister's school fees to have had any time for any time for play at all in any way, so I'm going to assume that the only man that she's had kisses and carnal relations is still DY.

So, after episode 6, I think the DY and HJ will be the end game after all, regardless of feeling sorry for poor little HR who clearly loves the man she knows as her father. 

Not sure I'm looking forward to DY harassing HJ once he does find her in order to pay her back for betraying him and aborting his child, as he believes she did. Still, he must care about her a lot still, and all the love that he had felt for her having turned to hate rather than indifference.

I actually feel kind of sorry for MH. She's evil, manipulative, and will do whatever it takes to get what she wants, but she is also clearly in thrall to her mother. So, not sure how much of her evil is of her own doing versus trying to be what her mother expects of her. The other little problem I have with this actress is that her character has similarities to the last role I saw her in as the other woman who breaks up a marriage in Five Children. There, she plays a relatively weak woman with a strong mother. In that drama, she wasn't necessarily evil, and she had enough spine to stand up to her mother about marrying a man who needed to get a divorce first, but there are enough similarities that I find it distracting. 

So, overall, I guess I'm still watching, though not committed to it as yet. I am still a tad nervous that the original scheme of tearing the OTP apart was so over the top, where it will go from there in terms of giving all the characters angst. :) Still, it's an easy watch so far. 

@stroppyse... Good to see you hear chingu. Although Min Hee had a crappy childhood with a mother who has her claws in Min Hee. I don't think you should feel bad for her because she had a choice and she chose to manipulate her MIL and HJ. HJ was pregnant too and don't forget she told the guy that is following Ha Jin to get rid of her because she didn't want HJ to ever reappear in the new life she started.  To me I think MH is just the by product that Hee adopted mom instilled in her . :tears::tears:

45 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu, Cha Do Yoon knows he isn't Min Hee's child father. In the hospital he asked her why she needs to marry him and she said she needs a legal father for her child because her mother thinks the child is his. Let me tell you this Biatchhh is so evil and I truly dislike Cha Do Yoon's mother. She is part of the conspiracy to break the OTP up and almost got her son killed in the process. I wonder if she knew Lee Ha Jin was pregnant with her grandchild. Her greed to have her son inherit the company was really strong. I wonder how she will feel once she finds out the exact details that happen between her son and the love of his life. 

@UnniSarah  I'm looking forward to DY mom being on the recieving end of MH evilness.. I think if HJ gave birth to a son and if DY mom find out about it it's no way will she turn a blind eye to her G/son.. He is just another part of the chess game to keep DY in control of the company and it being passed down to his son her bio G/child.. So looking forward to her learning that the marriage that she kick up her heels for is a sham and that girl isn't her G/daughter.. 

40 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Good to see you hear chingu. Although Min Hee had a crappy childhood with a mother who has her claws in Min Hee. I don't think you should feel bad for her because she had a choice and she chose to manipulate her MIL and HJ. HJ was pregnant too and don't forget she told the guy that is following Ha Jin to get rid of her because she didn't want HJ to ever reappear in the new life she started.  To me I think MH is just the by product that Hee adopted mom instilled in her . :tears::tears:

@UnniSarah  I don't see MH with a crappy childhood she was adopted from and orphanage and grew up privilaged even though she knew from day one what she was there for..  MH still out playing around and after all these years she still can't get his love this is going to be her down fall because she will end up telling on herself eventually on what she dsid to separate the two.. 

On 12/6/2016 at 11:33 AM, stroppyse said:

Hmm, with episode 7, I'm already starting to question whether I'm going to stay with this daily drama after all. 

@stroppyse  I have faith in you, You can tough it out if you got through the TUF this should be a breeze actually this is more interesting plot wise.. We always have the rich in these dramas wrecking havoc on innocent lives but in this case the revenge is going to be reverse and directed towards MH, MH adopted Mom, The Mistress also DY dad as well as his mom they will all have to pay the price for there meddling in him and Hj lives and separating them once he starts the divorce it's nothing MH can do to stop him he's going to make her pay physicall mentally and financially, Her extra marital affairs will come back and bite her in the azz right when she thinks she got everything under control he will spring those pictures of her going in and out of hotels with other men..  

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

@stroppyse  I have faith in you, You can tough it out if you got through the TUF this should be a breeze actually this is more interesting plot wise.. We always have the rich in these dramas wrecking havoc on innocent lives but in this case the revenge is going to be reverse and directed towards MH, MH adopted Mom, The Mistress also DY dad as well as his mom they will all have to pay the price for there meddling in him and Hj lives and separating them once he starts the divorce it's nothing MH can do to stop him he's going to make her pay physicall mentally and financially, Her extra marital affairs will come back and bite her in the azz right when she thinks she got everything under control he will spring those pictures of her going in and out of hotels with other men..  

LOL. That's true. I can't believe that I've even started another daily after the trainwreck that was TUF. At least, this drama's predominant facial expression isn't bulging eyeballs at the end of every episode. :) Actually, both this one and Always Spring were possibilities for me to lurk at least, however, I realized that I was going to develop SLS on that show, and that is usually a signal for me to drop a show because if I can't back the OTP which the drama is always either forcing apart or trying to get together, then a lot of the fun of it is lost on me.  So, glad to see you here as well @UnniSarah since I'm not posting to the other thread. 

At least with this drama, there is such a preponderance of evil at the start, there is no second leads getting in the way of rooting for the OTP, at least yet. I'm wondering how the new guy who just got introduced in episode 8 will fit into it all. I was wondering if he was MH's daughter's biological father. If he is, I hope he is a good guy since that little girl needs a stable parent who will love her and provide her with a home when MH is taken down in the end. 

17 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

At least with this drama, there is such a preponderance of evil at the start, there is no second leads getting in the way of rooting for the OTP, at least yet. I'm wondering how the new guy who just got introduced in episode 8 will fit into it all. I was wondering if he was MH's daughter's biological father. If he is, I hope he is a good guy since that little girl needs a stable parent who will love her and provide her with a home when MH is taken down in the end

@stroppyse  I also thinks he's her bio father and MH will have to suffer hell because of her little stunt she pulled.. But knowing the evil adopted mom she would do anything to try and keep the upper hand on DY but in the end I love to see DY have both her and MH carted off to jail for fraud and embezzalment.. I see this child suffering because of Mh separating parent and child while her child have the priviledge of having a father thats not her father.. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

LOL. That's true. I can't believe that I've even started another daily after the trainwreck that was TUF. At least, this drama's predominant facial expression isn't bulging eyeballs at the end of every episode. :) Actually, both this one and Always Spring were possibilities for me to lurk at least, however, I realized that I was going to develop SLS on that show, and that is usually a signal for me to drop a show because if I can't back the OTP which the drama is always either forcing apart or trying to get together, then a lot of the fun of it is lost on me.  So, glad to see you here as well @UnniSarah since I'm not posting to the other thread. 

At least with this drama, there is such a preponderance of evil at the start, there is no second leads getting in the way of rooting for the OTP, at least yet. I'm wondering how the new guy who just got introduced in episode 8 will fit into it all. I was wondering if he was MH's daughter's biological father. If he is, I hope he is a good guy since that little girl needs a stable parent who will love her and provide her with a home when MH is taken down in the end. 

The guy who came back to Korea is definitely 2nd lead and he is out for blook on MH mom. Seems like her mom did something really nasty to him that he is so cold and extracting. Looks like he came back all powerful and can afford to play cat & mouse game with MH mom. Wonder what did MH mom did to him. I'm sure she did more than just separatino the two of them. Wait till he hears what MH did, he will be so disgusted with her as well. Looks like he might fall for HJ.

5 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

The guy who came back to Korea is definitely 2nd lead and he is out for blook on MH mom. Seems like her mom did something really nasty to him that he is so cold and extracting. Looks like he came back all powerful and can afford to play cat & mouse game with MH mom. Wonder what did MH mom did to him. I'm sure she did more than just separatino the two of them. Wait till he hears what MH did, he will be so disgusted with her as well. Looks like he might fall for HJ.

@cheekychipmunk_stv.... Choi Jung Woo is in fact the biological father of MH's daughter. Wait until he finds out that MH lied about who the father of her child is. He will make MH and her mother pay for all the lies that was told between them. All the horrible things MH and her mother did will come back and bite them twice as hard as it was dealt with. 

JW will fall for HJ because she is a good person and will become very protective of HJ once he sees DY trying to destroy HJ for something his wife and mother created.   I see lots of trouble coming up in the future episodes.  I can't wait to see DY tell his mom (ONCE AND FOR ALL SHE ISN'T HIS MOTHER ANYMORE ONCE HE LEARNS THE TRUTH.)  DY isn't the forgiving type at least he you can say he is his father's son after all. DY and his father are so alike , that is why they can never see eye to eye. I thought DY's father cared for him because of his reaction at the hospital but he seems to still be the cold S.O.B who abandoned his family for his mistress. 

6 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

@cheekychipmunk_stv  We might have him and HJ teaming up to take on the evil duo if so this drama can be good if the writer can stick with the revenge scenario.. I think it would serve MH justice to have her child snatch up from her being that she used the child to gain a man that shows no love towards her at all..  

41 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

DY isn't the forgiving type at least he you can say he is his father's son after all. DY and his father are so alike , that is why they can never see eye to eye. I thought DY's father cared for him because of his reaction at the hospital but he seems to still be the cold S.O.B who abandoned his family for his mistress.

@UnniSarah This old man will have to pay for this the mistress just don't get it.. Her son will get the karma that noth her and the old goat has put upon DY.. 

Hello Everyone, All I can say whats really going on.. It seens that MH evil adopted mom framed her Ex boyfriend father just like they did to DY but the Ex he's back to get them.. He has revenge on his mind and mean while why MH is so worried about HJ and DY meeting she should have stuck around to see who HJ would be meeting.. I must say from the preview the way MH is screaming at DY about meeting HJ he should be more concern about how she knew and who she has as a mole in the office.. One would think over the years she would lighten up but she can't because of all the lies she has told that separated them and her losing her powerful position and money is all that she really has.. I want to see how low will she go to try and keep them separated and to what lengths will the Ex go to just to protect HJ.. Boy Life for MH isn't going to be a bed of roses when her tangled web she weaved starts to unravel..  DY mom wanted a rich DIL she got one just wait to her mess starts to affect her and home..    

So, DY and HJ finally meet. Yay! I guess we'll find out in tomorrow's episode if HJ really has some sort of amnesia or not. I still don't think she has, but as I've said in an earlier post, I may have just missed the part where they mention it. Also, I'm hoping that DY's radar finally starts working again with respect to the people he has around him. As @sava2sava mentioned, DY should be wondering how MH knew that he's met HJ after 8 years. 

DY's mother is a total piece of work. I don't find her sympathetic at all, for being so spineless to money and DY's father even though DY's father tossed her aside for his mistress. Now, she knows how cold her DIL is, but it's okay, because the DIL provides status and support for DY to take over his father's company as he is doing, so she's satisfied. Nothing at all about how changed DY is, and how he's clearly unhappy and distant now. I mean, she's his mother, one would think that she, of all people, would note the changes in him, and realize that he's not the happy, well adjusted man that he used to be. And, eight years should have shown DY's mother that money isn't everything, but she's satisfied with things as they are, and if anything wants her son to be a puppet to his dad for the sake of preserving the status quo. At least, the mistress actually seems to love her son and while she's ambitious for him as well, she's aware of his weaknesses and seems to be working with him on it. Not saying that either the mistress or her son are worth anything, but right now, she seems to be a better mother than DY's mother in how aware and sensitive she is to her son's plight.

DY's father is just an embarrassment. Only in a kdrama, can a character like that actually be the chairman of a large company. Nothing about his character has actually demonstrated any of the skill or vision necessary to run a large company, though I realize that we're only shown his interactions with his family, he's shown to be hot-tempered, egocentric, short-sighted, nepotistic, and blind to anything he doesn't want to see. Not sure how one can run a business, much less a large business like that. Then again, this is a kdrama which requires some suspension of belief. 

I realize that it will take many more episodes before we find out what happened eight years ago to HJ. After all, MH did tell whoever to "take care of" HJ and her baby after HJ had left DY for good. I assume that "taking care of" did not mean leave them alone to have a peaceful life somewhere. Still, I'm glad that DY and HJ are finally going to start interacting. Also, curious to see how JW, the second lead, fits into the story both 8 years ago and now. It's interesting to see that he's the one out for revenge on MH's mother and family. So, there are two revenge plots afoot: DY on HJ and JW on MH's mother. I'm sure that they're going to get in each other's way somehow before (hopefully) they join forces to fight the legions of evil. 

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, DY and HJ finally meet. Yay! I guess we'll find out in tomorrow's episode if HJ really has some sort of amnesia or not. I still don't think she has, but as I've said in an earlier post, I may have just missed the part where they mention it. Also, I'm hoping that DY's radar finally starts working again with respect to the people he has around him. As @sava2sava mentioned, DY should be wondering how MH knew that he's met HJ after 8 years. 

DY's mother is a total piece of work. I don't find her sympathetic at all, for being so spineless to money and DY's father even though DY's father tossed her aside for his mistress. Now, she knows how cold her DIL is, but it's okay, because the DIL provides status and support for DY to take over his father's company as he is doing, so she's satisfied. Nothing at all about how changed DY is, and how he's clearly unhappy and distant now. I mean, she's his mother, one would think that she, of all people, would note the changes in him, and realize that he's not the happy, well adjusted man that he used to be. And, eight years should have shown DY's mother that money isn't everything, but she's satisfied with things as they are, and if anything wants her son to be a puppet to his dad for the sake of preserving the status quo. At least, the mistress actually seems to love her son and while she's ambitious for him as well, she's aware of his weaknesses and seems to be working with him on it. Not saying that either the mistress or her son are worth anything, but right now, she seems to be a better mother than DY's mother in how aware and sensitive she is to her son's plight.

DY's father is just an embarrassment. Only in a kdrama, can a character like that actually be the chairman of a large company. Nothing about his character has actually demonstrated any of the skill or vision necessary to run a large company, though I realize that we're only shown his interactions with his family, he's shown to be hot-tempered, egocentric, short-sighted, nepotistic, and blind to anything he doesn't want to see. Not sure how one can run a business, much less a large business like that. Then again, this is a kdrama which requires some suspension of belief. 

I realize that it will take many more episodes before we find out what happened eight years ago to HJ. After all, MH did tell whoever to "take care of" HJ and her baby after HJ had left DY for good. I assume that "taking care of" did not mean leave them alone to have a peaceful life somewhere. Still, I'm glad that DY and HJ are finally going to start interacting. Also, curious to see how JW, the second lead, fits into the story both 8 years ago and now. It's interesting to see that he's the one out for revenge on MH's mother and family. So, there are two revenge plots afoot: DY on HJ and JW on MH's mother. I'm sure that they're going to get in each other's way somehow before (hopefully) they join forces to fight the legions of evil. 

@stroppyse and @sava2sava  Well said Chingu's  DY's mom is truly a disgrace to motherhood. She is spineless and a coward. She allowed the MISTRESS to abuse her for 30 yeas and she is still letting her do it. After all these years , she is till bowing to other people when her son is finally climbing up the corporate ladder just like she wanted. I think she isn't very educated either because she actually believes that the father can just fire his son because he isn't happpy with him but in truth the father knows his son has a lot of power ans that his sons In Law are also backing him. DY is respected by a lot of people in the company even though people are still spying on him. DY knows there are spies everywhere but at least MH is afraid of him. He even knows about her affair but he doesn't say anything about it , he knows his wife is terrified of her mother that was why he gave the ultimatum to side with him. I think DY has plans that none of the spies have any knowledge of . I don't think DY's revenge will be a long revenge because his love for her is truly strong. 

When HJ bumped into MH the other day, why was she smiling so brightly at MH???? I would have thought she would be furious to ever see her again. What happened to Ha Jin's baby. There is no mention of an baby in any of the episode or talked about the past ????? 
I still dislike Ha Jin's mother because even though she is poor she is is. Another thing that strikes me odd is when DY had that car accident. Wasn't he on his cellphone leaving a message for Ha Jin. How come she did not listen to her messages?????        

2 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@stroppyse and @sava2sava  Well said Chingu's  DY's mom is truly a disgrace to motherhood. She is spineless and a coward. She allowed the MISTRESS to abuse her for 30 yeas and she is still letting her do it. After all these years , she is till bowing to other people when her son is finally climbing up the corporate ladder just like she wanted. I think she isn't very educated either because she actually believes that the father can just fire his son because he isn't happpy with him but in truth the father knows his son has a lot of power ans that his sons In Law are also backing him. DY is respected by a lot of people in the company even though people are still spying on him. DY knows there are spies everywhere but at least MH is afraid of him. He even knows about her affair but he doesn't say anything about it , he knows his wife is terrified of her mother that was why he gave the ultimatum to side with him. I think DY has plans that none of the spies have any knowledge of . I don't think DY's revenge will be a long revenge because his love for her is truly strong. 

When HJ bumped into MH the other day, why was she smiling so brightly at MH???? I would have thought she would be furious to ever see her again. What happened to Ha Jin's baby. There is no mention of an baby in any of the episode or talked about the past ????? 
I still dislike Ha Jin's mother because even though she is poor she is is. Another thing that strikes me odd is when DY had that car accident. Wasn't he on his cellphone leaving a message for Ha Jin. How come she did not listen to her messages?????        

I highlighted the part of your comment in red about DY knowing about MH's affair. He definitely knows, and MH knows that he knows. When DY arranged for the hotel room so that he and MH could renew their contract marriage, he chose the hotel that she had last used with her lover, and he tells MH that he chose the hotel for her because he knew that was her favorite hotel. She tried to demur that her favorite hotel is somewhere else, however, the exchange was clear in DY telling MH that he knows and doesn't actually care if she does or doesn't. After the contract is signed, MH had asked DY if he was going to stay behind, basically asking him if he was going to be using the room then, but he said no, that he was going to leave first. Later on with her lover, MH comments that it wouldn't have been polite to not use the room when her husband had gotten it for her after all. Her lover is disbelieving that DY would have gotten MH a room for that purpose, but MH definitely understood that DY knows and doesn't care. 

Agree with you on HJ's mom. HJ's child is still a big mystery. And, HJ may have listened to DY's final messages to her about not aborting his child, but by that point, HJ was already committed to leaving DY for his own sake since staying with him meant he would have been framed by MH's mother and probably would have gone to jail at a time when his mother also needed him. I think HJ had already had the conversation with DY about leaving him for another man as well. 

Archived