[Drama 2016-2017] First Love Again 다시, 첫사랑 Thanks for Watch.

0ly40

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What worries me is that in this chart, HJ/DY child is not mentioned. As such we don't know if the child is still alive. 

Seems like MH wants to play happy family with DY. She sleeps around with men and yet is jealous of DY going to see HJ. DY is rather attached to MH's daughter and MH will not let him leave her using the daughter as a bait. 

Why is it so hard for DY to believe that HJ lost her memories ? I guess he hated so much and wanted to think the worst of her. Couldn't he at least give HJ the benefit of doubt ? 

At least HJ now realised that DY is not a friend but a foe. I just hope that JW will quickly step in and help her. Right now he is approaching her because of her former relationship with DY whom he wants to destroy. If he did fall in love with HJ, DY might not stand for it, either because he is jealous or he wants to destroy HJ every happiness. It will be interesting to see how JW and DY trying to get at each other. 

@UnniSarah    Thank you for pointing out about ‘weak’  I was trying to convey a general meaning about her so I picked up  ‘weak/tender.’  After reading your comment, I went back and reread it (in Korean) again, as  some of the lines were translated from the KBS character description.   Maybe this modified one sounds closer and gives more definition about DY mom’s character?       

순하고 여리고 착하다

순하고be meek in temper

여리고be ready to believe; be easily deceived[convinced];(be) gullible; credulous(syn:naive/trusting..)

착하다good natured

I wrote a brief description about some of the characters(ie the secondary characters) because  they seemed to show a lot more nuances(grey area in between good and bad in their personalities) for being secondary characters.   It was fun to watch how deftly they acted to each other with push/pull.    Especially  about DY mom, I could see how well the actress interpreted the character.  She can act one  extreme to another on one second, like when she pulled the mistress’s hair and then her posture changed into such a meek look instantly with the appearance of her husband.   She showed a similar act with HJ and MH.  Earlier she tried to defend HJ against her husband saying HJ was a nice and good girl.  Then when MH gave her an expensive dessert, she ate it knowing she shouldn’t but the temptation was so great. It was a fun scene to watch her squirming while eating.     Yes we can say DY mom is a horrible person but not in intentional way like MH or MH’s adopted mom.    

- After DY parents learned about  who HJ’s family was (they are enemies, sort of), DY mom really didn’t want HJ.  So she caved into MH’s scheme.  After the separation with HJ, DY didn’t change how he behaved toward his mom.   He was cold and distant  but still he acted in a civilized manner with MH. 

- It was 8 years since HJ and DY separated.  Right after HJ left DY, HJ also left her mom and sister.  I’m not clear now but I think MH demanded it from HJ?  

- (EP11) It seems HJ mom learned about the marriage and divorce from HJ when she returned pregnant.  HJ mom doesn’t know anything else. When HJ lost her memory  after giving birth(details not known yet)   HJ mom felt better for everybody not to bring up any past memory of HJ’s.  However when HJ talked about her dead baby, HJ mom showed a trace of uneasiness on her face

Since its daily possibly the baby is alive? Meanwhile we have to keep guessing about it. If HJ mom did something about the baby, we have to remember HJ mom has a bit of an immature streak but she isn’t mean intentionally.

- DY started to look for HJ after he got to be ceo as he felt he was in a position to show off or to be able to do  something (like revenge)  It was great to see the actor bring such mixed  emotions on DY who couldn’t hide his intense feeling of longing underneath pain and anger.

1 I thought there was only one marriage certificate?? Hummm  I didn’t know the con showed another one.  

2 HJ mom knows the baby was DY’s because HJ told her when she returned at night(EP11)

3 Yes the investigator didn’t know  DY was HJ’s man but at the time HJ was a just an ordinary girl. Besides MH wasn’t married to DY and DY wasn’t ceo yet.  So it can be overlooked easily.

I think HJ lost her memory right after giving birth/?or during.  HJ mom thought HJ already went through a hellish time and felt better for HJ not to remember ( in daily land) and HJ agreed.

**I think the doctor told MH that since HJ delayed getting treatment, it might be too late for HJ to recover(?)

**But (EP12) HJ said to her sis that she might try for treatment(?)

**HJ’s ex (Park Min Joo):  Possibly MH found this man and bribed him or something like that to sign in the marriage.  At the time HJ was ready to do anything in order to save DY.  (EP12) DY told HJ that she married the other guy for his wealth and she divorced him when he went bankrupt.  Before MH mentioned something about Park having a business but is now in prison(?) 

Now I have to ask if HJ mom find out that it's DY thats been coming back telling her these things will she tell Hj that DY is a con artist..Well it seems that HJ mom unleashed DY wrath against HJ.. Mom thought she was doing something smart by telling him she's been happy but I think DY should investigate more on HJ.. Well I think his wrath will show just how much he's still in love with her but DY will use Onmat foods to break away from thay evil MIL..   

I just feel so sorry for DY and for HJ. So, HJ's mother incurred the law of unintended consequences. It's the problem with people who think money and power are everything. She assumed that since DY was a CEO now with a rich family and a rich wife, that he must be living a happy fat cat kind of life, and HJ is just a footnote in his past. What she doesn't appreciate is that the events in the past were as traumatic for DY as they must have been for HJ, except he didn't have amnesia, so he's had to live with it for all this time. So, now she's reignited DY's wrath at HJ, when it seemed as if it was about to settle down and perhaps DY was even thinking of letting HJ go. 

DY looked really devastated to learn that HJ has forgotten him. His stated reason for his shock is that she's been able to live happily all the while he's been living in a hell with no end. He stated that he thought that if HJ had been sorry all this time as well, at least he could find a way to forgive her, whereas now he's burning in anger that she was able to live happily while he was in misery with no thought to him. However, I think it's more than just feeling the injustice of it as he says. I think he was just devastated to learn that HJ doesn't remember him at all. The love they had that meant so much to him, their child that he thinks she aborted, he's devastated to learn that none of him was anywhere in her heart. Even in hatred, she means that much to him. 

Whether DY and HJ are together or not at the end of this drama, I want both of them to know the truth of what happened in the past and why. I'm still upset with HJ for the way she left him. I think she owed it to him to be honest with him and not collude with the evil people for whatever reason, but I guess that's why they had that makjang-fest with DY's mother organ donation to HJ's mother plus the corruption frame up of DJ, so the potential ruin of the two people HJ loved the most, at the start of the drama.

I'm still not onboard for HJ doing that what she did to save them, but I suppose if she hadn't, DY and HJ would have stood by each other, fought the corruption charges, tried to figure out a way to get a donor for HJ's mother, and it would have been an entirely different drama. :)

Btw, does any character within the drama actually know all the pieces of what's happened? I get the sense that they're piecing it together even as we viewers are. 

Thanks @booha for the characters description. I can see Mal Soon's transformation after 8 years

fla6.png

It seems her transformation follows her son's success rather then her husband's. All this while did she only exists for her son?

I have to admit this drama has an element of mystery. Probably because it still early in the drama of 100+ episode and there is much more to be revealed, but its too slow for my liking. I watch it after several episodes have been aired, so i can forward the dragging and back flash scenes. And it doesn't have that nail biting end to each episodes. I hope HJ gets her memory back real fast because i just can't stand her blank expression every time she meets people from her past its much more pathetic than Ji Yoo in Women's secret.  

This drama is getting very complexed and interesting.. Thanks to HJ mom just what is DY and MH EX is up to besides revenge just how wil they accompilish they mission without inflicting self destruction on themselves.. I'm looking forward to DY mom finding out she kick out her own flesh and blood for money and a fake G/child

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

This drama is getting very complexed and interesting.. Thanks to HJ mom just what is DY and MH EX is up to besides revenge just how wil they accompilish they mission without inflicting self destruction on themselves.. I'm looking forward to DY mom finding out she kick out her own flesh and blood for money and a fake G/child

Yes, I'm looking forward to DY's mother finding out that HR is not DY's child after all. So, she sacrificed her son's happiness and chased away the mother of her actual grandchild so that she can continue to toady up to the chairman and be the attendant to her husband's mistress. 

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, I'm looking forward to DY's mother finding out that HR is not DY's child after all. So, she sacrificed her son's happiness and chased away the mother of her actual grandchild so that she can continue to toady up to the chairman and be the attendant to her husband's mistress. 

@sava2sava @stroppyse....DY's mom deserves whatever Karma decides to inflict on her. HJ's mom also deserves to pay for abandoning her grand baby because she was to selfish in taking care of her flesh and blood. I believe that HJ will be very upset with. TBH I hate these childish characters who are supposedly to be the parent but it is their child who had to step up and take care of them. Especially when even in times of desperation, it was still Ha Jin who had to step up and still save the day even though she had amnesia. I hope in the end , HJ gets the chance to be  pampered and taken care of. :angry::angry:

oh  good  god.    her mom. is  she her  real mom?  let  a  woman  with   lost of  memory go  about  and  have a  business...lol   ok.   so  this   none memory  woman  is  going to step on a  poison  spider  cause  no   one  told  her she  will  die if it  bit  her.?

Feeling a little frustrated with SY (and her mother) trying to discourage HJ from finding out about herself saying that it's for HJ's own good. HJ just had a confrontation with a man who told her how HJ destroyed him and is completely distraught. HJ is clearly upset by the encounter and wondering about herself. Rather than helping HJ to find out the truth about herself so that she can at least defend herself appropriately, SY just tells her to believe her rather than DY who is a total stranger to her. *sigh* And, HJ buys into that. HJ had raised the point that she knows that SY and her mother are hiding things from her. However, rather than pursue that, she's going to chalk it up to everyone is crazy and don't really know her? 

Ugh. Based on HJ in today's episode, I could easily just walk away from this daily as well. 

On the other hand, I liked JW's meeting with MH where he tells her that she's just like her mother now. I even liked that he held her for a bit and then let her go, thanking her for enabling him to let her go so completely. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't know about HR. Regardless of what happens with HJ, I would like HR to get to know her true father. 

Hey, perhaps DY and JW could jointly be fathers of HR and possibly DY's child if still alive, and ditch both MH and HJ completely? I know that would make this a totally different kind of drama, but I could get onboard with that, and the various fallout that would entail. :) 

20 minutes ago, euraka said:

DY starts to annoy me instead of investigating he just want to inflict pain on HJ.

HJ is too powerless to be on her own to defend herself. That is why we need people like JW to help HJ. I can't wait for JW to fall in love with HJ. However all these will change when DJ finds out the truth about HJ and JW finds out about HR. 

On 12/16/2016 at 0:31 PM, stroppyse said:

Hey, perhaps DY and JW could jointly be fathers of HR and possibly DY's child if still alive, and ditch both MH and HJ completely? I know that would make this a totally different kind of drama, but I could get onboard with that, and the various fallout that would entail. :) 

Hi @stroppyse  I can get on board with the kids and the two dads but we all know that Hj and DY will be the end game in this drama but i'm enjoying the mystery and suspense it has to offer.. I;m more interested in what MH is going to do when she sees her Ex with HJ this is why I say just what lengths she will go to try and hang on to her glass house that could shatter the moment HJ starts to remember.. So no worries I think HJ will start seeking professional help in regaining her memories..  

@imgreatgal

Ohh I missed her wardrobe change.    Yes  DY’s mom only lives for her son. She is from the older generation which thinks the parents should do anything or make any kind of sacrifice for their children.  I noticed some members wondered why the kdrama parents seemed to demand such submission from their children.    I heard that, because some parents wanted to see their children getting a better education on abroad,  (usually) a dad stayed in Korea to make money while a  mom went abroad with their kid/kids living separately many years.  In some extreme cases, some lived separately without seeing each other for the duration, because they didn’t have enough money to visit.    Yup It’s in the name of one’s sacrifice for the children’s future, as the saying goes like the children’s future is the parents’ future so on…:)

I agree. This drama seemed to be moving rather slowly. Yes Some mysteries, some repeating bickering among the supporting cast     I’m sorry to say but I don’t think HJ’s lost memory will return soon at this early stage which means prolonged agony for us. Maybe if DY keeps hammering HJ with such repeatedly annoying accusations might trigger HJ’s lost memory to return.  His bitter accusation and  her blank expression are heavenly made in a match. Yup Lucky me I skipped Women’s secret   hehe   

Archived