[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

Just why did crownprince gave his royal seal to lee sun(peasant). If one day they want some kinda proof, how must YSH proof that his the real crown prince/king :frown:

I just cannot figure out the storyline. This drama is so unpredictable :confounded:

I just wonder why the hell the pyungsoo is soooooo determine to kill or even wants the crown prince to join their faction. So they want more power? 

Ep 5 just started and the story is getting more intense :astonished:

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eventhough there's no sub in ep 5. But I can understand that his father(king) let crown prince knows about his dirty work  (joining pyungsoo, how he becomes the king and the antidote for his) of becoming the king :confounded:

The Crown Prince got scolded by the King. I don't understand anything. lol The King seems fatherly when its just the two of them, which I find nice. The King told the CP about the poison and antidote. He asked for forgiveness  and the CP was shocked and heartbroken.

wohooo! go YSH. Great acting!

The story is moving fast. Someone was poisoned, I told you guys, they will use the poison technique again.

Ga eun father knows that Chun Soon is the CP. He asked his assistant to help the CP. CP asked why GaEun father doesn't want to be saved. CP asked GaEun father to help/save him

I too dont understand why is ga eun's father like this. 

pyungsoo keep killing innocent people. It is so easy to kill people even the CP eunuch is poison and dying. CP showed his face to his eunuch and his eunuch said he was handsome and he died. Then Gayon and 2nd lead girl now knows CP face, but she asked to keep a secret(from what I understand). Well I can say that she's quite good for now.

Urghhh pyungsoo, i cant wait for the Oreshin(aka leader) to dieeee

Gaeun reads the letter that was given by her father and she knows that he'll be executed

OMG! They said that the CP instruct to kill Ga Eun father. CP is locked by the 2nd lead urghhhh. Desperate woman wants to go with the CP.

the CP bodyguard wore CP robe and he was the one killing GaEun's father !! Now everyone(especially Gaeun) thinks CP was the one who kill his father

So glad to get a confirmation that it wasn't CP executing GE's father...!!

Thanks to all recappers. I think GE's father knew or heard about the destiny of the CP, and putting the hope for the nation on him. That's why he didn't want CP to save him and instead willingly sacrifice his own life. But will wait for recaps/subs to confirm.

Because I JUST CAN'T REALLY WAIT. I've watched it raw even though I can't understand what they're saying...

Based from what I've saw I think DM wants CP to execute GE's father. But i think the King doesn't want the CP to carry the guilt in executing someone that is innocent hence he let the CP's bodyguard to imitate the CP and execute GE's father.

I can't wait for the subs. 

18 minutes ago, Berou said:

GE fathers's is about to be killed at some public place by a stand-in crown prince. GE comes, the cP also. He tries to stop the excecution by passing through the mob.

END 

thanks for recap @Berou and @mili1234...i could not watch today ep online...i'm glad our cp was not the one that killed her dad and even tried to save him !!!

his anguish was so real...u can feel the pain through the screen. I would say these OTP are very well match..both of them can carry the character so vividly that it give u goosebumps watching it...

kudos to YSH & KSH.  

Thank you for the live recaps and the short clips :D. I was late to the game so missed out the first half of the show. 

I can't wait for tomorrow's episode. Heavy melo is where my girl KSH shines and I'm itching to see her finally step up to be YSH's true match. She was brilliant in the kid's portion of I Miss You and I trust that she will slay the melo here like no one's business. 

3 minutes ago, maskros said:

Thank you for the live recaps and the short clips :D. I was late to the game so missed out the first half of the show. 

I can't wait for tomorrow's episode. Heavy melo is where my girl KSH shines and I'm itching to see her finally step up to be YSH's true match. She was brilliant in the kid's portion of I Miss You and I trust that she will slay the melo here like no one's business. 

I am very impressed by KSH's acting so far. I feel that she didn't have enough scenes in today's episode. 

Thanks @Berou for the clips.

Urgh, I can't believe HG can still managed a smirk while riding on horseback with CP at such highly tensed mood. Self-absorbed and obsessive much... I still don't know how she will turn to help CP instead in the future, although in one of the clips she did show sadness having witnessed CP grieving for the eunuch. Hope it was also sadness as she realized her grandfather dirty works. I don't know the order of the clips, so can only make guesses.

Can someone confirm if GE's father, the actor is the same as MLSHR's oldest prince?

34 minutes ago, fieza1871 said:

his anguish was so real...u can feel the pain through the screen. I would say these OTP are very well match..both of them can carry the character so vividly that it give u goosebumps watching it...

kudos to YSH & KSH.  

+1

Really great acting by both of them. I was having goosebumps too, not understanding every word, but knowing the context. Very promising drama.

Archived