[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Annyeong, chingu! :D I noticed some other locations from MDBC as well. But then again for sageuks there are not much historical locations you can film beautiful dramas at.

But this scene was very similar but that's okay since it's perfect to reflect what the people thought of their king or crown prince at that time.

True :)

HCY left messages on VApp urging his fans to watch the show :)

https://www.facebook.com/cynthia.lim.904/posts/1358612680920992?pnref=story

Are you guys familiar with "The Dark Prince" trilogy? it reminds me of that story. Overprotective father, scar, masks. haha oh well, nevermind guys. I'm just excited what's in store for us for the next episodes. I can't wait. :D

Is it me or I am the only one who like angst here? hahaha

1 hour ago, paperboat04 said:

What happened to the baby? is there anyone can explain it? hahaha someone poisoned the crown prince?

I see it coming, the tattoo hangul at his back will be a proof that he is the real crown prince someday. hahaha

yeah I think so too!! at least something to use if Lee Seon decided to take over the throne from my Lee Seon!! 

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

A miracle happened the CP survived !His parents are crying... Dae Mok talking in front of his men...they have all power and think nothing can touch them ...king has a idea to save his son and heir ...promises to protect him...orders his bodyguard to kill everyone that seeshis son face ...he is upset that the organisation is stealing people water

ok that's madness!! he'll kill everyone who saw/will see his son's face?!! I get bad memories from this!! 

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

some years later a eunuch was spying trying to see the baby face...king bodyguard kills him ...14 years later ...people are laughing ...making fun of their CP it seems ...palace maids are talking ...gossip about CP ...CP life is so sad...

that's really sad!! what kind of life is this?!! he needs to keep wearing a mask or who ever see him will die but he's a laugh to people too!! :heartbreak: 

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Aigoo.... apparently Hwa-Gun didn't realize Lee Sun is THE crown prince until only his eunuch enters the rooms. Lee Sun hides her. And there is a nice moment between them. Awww.... is she kinda falling in love and maybe wanting to participate in the crown princess selection process? :)

I'm sure she is!! who wouldn't fall for that face and look!! :wub: 

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

When Hwa-Gun leaves the rooms the guards threaten her and ask her why she was in Lee Sun's rooms. The queen interferes... did she arrange this? Does she want for Hwa-Gun to become the crown princess??

Okay this is weird. Hwa-Gun saw Lee Sun being hurt and later injures herself at the same spot???

what?!! that's scary!! :blink: 

53 minutes ago, andy78 said:

THANKS GOD FOR THE BOOK CP HAD!SAVED HIS LIFE

INTERESTING PREVIEW

OUR CP BECAME THE MOST WANTED MAN FROM JOSEON

ING AND SOLDIERS ARE LOOKING FOR HIM AND ALSO DAE MOK ASKED HIS MINIONS TO FIND CROWN PRINCE!

WE WILL HAVE MANY OTP MOMENTS ...THEY ARE SO CUTE...ALL THIS IS THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

yeah!! my heart almost stopped!! I'm grateful for that book!! 

oh my!! it's litteraly everyone wants to catch him!! :o 

I'll make sure to cherish these moments preparing my heart for the soon to come storm!! 

thank you so much @Jillia and @andy78 for the live recap!! :wub: 

The first episode rating of Ruler is shown in the spoiler.

Spoiler

MBC "Monarch - masters of the masks" and SBS 'suspicious partners' real-time ratings were released. According to the survey, 'monarch' won the real-time ratings.

According to ATAM, a real-time rating agency, the first and second rounds of the "Monarch" aired on the 10th recorded 10.53% and 13.37% respectively. The ratings for the top 1 minute were 12.77% and 14.71% respectively.

The first and second winners of the "Suspicious Partner" aired on the same time slot were 7.89% and 9.04%, respectively. The ratings for the top 1 minute were 9.16% and 10.63% respectively.

The first two dramas on the same day were mixed. However, the difference in the numbers is so small that the possibility of reverse is not likely to be small.

(translation made by @shirleylsf0716 on instagram

I can tell this drama's rating is going to increase>< looking forward to tomorrows episode

13 minutes ago, kimsohyun1201 said:

The first episode rating of Ruler is shown in the spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

MBC "Monarch - masters of the masks" and SBS 'suspicious partners' real-time ratings were released. According to the survey, 'monarch' won the real-time ratings.

According to ATAM, a real-time rating agency, the first and second rounds of the "Monarch" aired on the 10th recorded 10.53% and 13.37% respectively. The ratings for the top 1 minute were 12.77% and 14.71% respectively.

The first and second winners of the "Suspicious Partner" aired on the same time slot were 7.89% and 9.04%, respectively. The ratings for the top 1 minute were 9.16% and 10.63% respectively.

The first two dramas on the same day were mixed. However, the difference in the numbers is so small that the possibility of reverse is not likely to be small.

(translation made by @shirleylsf0716 on instagram

I can tell this drama's rating is going to increase>< looking forward to tomorrows episode

Let's hope you are right. I do think that KSH should have appeared earlier ... just a minor quibble.

I watch very very few dramas but in one of those that I did watch - "Jumong" -  Heo Joon Ho was simply charismatic and awesome. I hope that the writer of Ruler doesn't make his character into a cardboard villain and instead will allow HJH to flex his acting muscles.

Still going on about HCY (sorry .. just too excited - 

Spoiler

for his previous OST, we fans of his had to wait for about two months before we could hear his OST in the drama.

Here, thanks to Sumi, is the translation of the lyrics of the part of the OST that was played at the end of Ep 1:

군주 OST <잠시나마> " Even for A Moment" Eng lyrics go like this " Even if I only get to live one day in pain and have to walk in flames. I don't see my deeply burned scars as I only look at you. ":
Video Credit: MBC

I think at the end of the press conference, after Yang Yo Seob OST was Hwang Chi Yeol ost? I heard about more than 1 min of that song. It was great but I'm not too sure if that was his ost though.

1st part of ep 1 did mostly introducing background story and it was more interesting when watched with sub. I think Ga Eun appeared too late on ep 1, but sure we will get more of 2 leads screen time. 

I hope the rating for ep 2 doesn't drop though.

YANG YO SEOB – COULDN’T CRY BECAUSE I’M A MAN (남자라 울지 못했어) RULER: MASTER OF THE MASK OST

I’m quietly looking at you
At your turned back
My hands reach out to hold onto you
But my feet are frozen

My misery holds onto my ankles
My eyes on you are shouting out

Don’t stop, I might catch you
I’m not letting you go because I hate you
I can live well without you
So don’t look back
Before I change my mind

My cowardice hides my tears
My greed for you is shouting out

Don’t stop, I might catch you
I’m not letting you go because I hate you
I can live well without you
So don’t look back
Before I change my mind

I couldn’t catch you because I’m a man
Like a pretentious boy
Who thinks this is the best for you

Don’t cry if you loved me
I’m alright, if this was love
I’ll ignore you, pretend that I forgot you
So hurry and leave
I couldn’t cry because I’m a man

POPGASA

27 minutes ago, Ly Khánh said:

I think at the end of the press conference, after Yang Yo Seob OST was Hwang Chi Yeol ost? I heard about more than 1 min of that song. It was great but I'm not too sure if that was his ost though.

1st part of ep 1 did mostly introducing background story and it was more interesting when watched with sub. I think Ga Eun appeared too late on ep 1, but sure we will get more of 2 leads screen time. 

I hope the rating for ep 2 doesn't drop though.

Hi do you have a link to the press conference video? Because if there is more than one minute of HCY's OST, I'd love to listen to it. Many thanks.

The first episode of Ruler: Master of the Mask aired today! I didn't watch it yet, but thank you for live recappers! Liar literally ended yesterday so I don't know if I'm ready to start a drama right away T.T But one thing is I love Yang Yoseob's OST already :wub: (My bias from Highlight~)

i will definitely watch the drama though, as soon as I get over Liar... Have to watch this drama for Yoo Seung Ho ^^

Archived