[Chinese Webseries 2016] Advance Bravery | Shi Bu Ke Dang | 盛势 | 势不可挡

Jin_mi

New BTS. Not very sharp. No eng sub.

At the start, they talked about durian food. Then the interesting parts are around 30s. XuFeng (right) said Gongjun wasn't acting in the drama, he's acting himself....meaning Xiayao and his real self are same/similar.

Xufeng also said he like Gongjun more and more...but initially found him abit unlikeable...b'cos Gongjun hardly greet or respond to him. Gongjun said he's slow to warm up.

Later they did the sofa scene....watch where was Xufeng's hand...haha.

I quite like BTS clips...often u will see more sweet stuff than actual drama. 

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mix of still pics, short scenes and BTS. Think the aim of this fanmade clip is to showcase their chemistry from their glances and natural interactions. Many commented that the female writer/director Chai Ji Dan (also for Addicted) is good in selecting suitable cast for her chars. The chinese BGM is called 越单纯越幸福 (loosely translated as The Simpler (Love is) The Happier).

U may know Lost Love in Times / Zui Ling Long where Gong Jun acted as the 11th Prince had ended.....but there's a side story 玲珑醉梦  focusing on him....coming soon. It seems like in his dream world....he's confused about his sexuality...esp when he found he got feelings for a guy (who turn out to be a girl)....well, i guess these from the trailer.

Hide contents

More about the actor...besides Advance Bravely and Lost Love in Times.....he also acted in a recent small webmovie called 异生探 ....think it's sci-fic/mystery themed. I didn't watch so no comment. No sub.

.....and upcoming fantasy webdrama 梦幻西游 / Fantasy Westward Journey. BTS clip only.

He also acted in a game ad with Lin Gengxin last yr. As a group of gamer friends who met up again after many yrs.

Sorry sidetrack again...as for Xu Feng Jason, i seen him in this recent webdrama 我家來了個怪男人 (loosely translated as My Home Got a Strange Man)...support role.

Spoiler

Trailer. Theme is abit fantasy b'cos a char from a novel cross-over to the real world (mmm....sound like Korea drama W) and often do cosplay. Xu Feng plays...almost the same as in AB....some big boss.

This looks like a great production w/ an attractive cast and lovely plot. I wish I could buy the USB, but I highly doubt there's anything I can do without a hefty transaction fee. ): I'm sure someone will upload contents though...I feel like a bad person for anticipating the uncut. 

The censors and bans are so stupid. Takes a lot of guts and dedication to film, act and produce despite knowing that the ban-hammer can hit anytime. Hoping that the Chinese government will be more lenient about this stuff soon because even marriage is legal under the law in quite a few country now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There was a fanmeeting in Shanghai on 23 Dec, a few days ago. Think they also show abit of future episodes.

Then i read something in the comments....the clip they show seems to have a big change in the storyline....think Yuan Zong and Xiao Yao became long-lost brothers or Yuan Zong treated Xiao Yao well b'cos he looked like an old friend who died...so it's more like guilt. The event host explained that they did/cut 2 versions of the drama...this doesn't mean they would use this. Just showcase to the ppl at the fanmeet only.....on the "hard work" put in by the editors...mmm....why i get a feeling that they are testing the waters?

Perhaps this version is a way to pass the censorship. If so, many fans would be very angry esp those who had bought the USB package earlier on.

But many fans feel no, there will be no change....b'cos if the producer/director wanted to pass the censorship with the non-BL version, they would have done so long ago. 

During the fanmeet, they mention hopefully they would start releasing episodes in jan....not sure by what format.

25299747_1352791931497413_40605819933627

25588015_1352791804830759_60343779719355

25587908_1352791651497441_76793708787103

The fans are almost all girls.. who like BL stuff or loyal fans of the actors....see the queue going into venue.

Spoiler

006xsMwkgy1fmqs3xmsp9j32zk28ox6q.jpg

Part of the fanmeet...focus on the 2 leads....think the 1st part is guess what i'm writing on your palm....then act-out some sweet scenes.

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/FBi62nktt?fid=1034:7fd0df2a2636a57cb58a3b037bbda72c

The 2 leads singing....shot by fans.

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/FBkMZsCSW?fid=1034:e2fad9a474ac86fe4df24d899f201fcd

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/FBkzbpN04?fid=1034:6753816b1226a486edb5ae196f1deebe

A few other group pics :

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4188609786049715

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 1:25 AM, tsukimori said:

about Xia Yao, he came from a rich family... but what are they? mafia or what? and what is his job? in the media or?

I think his father is in the army. At least, that's the impression I got from reading the translations. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Choco TV from Taiwan has started showing this drama. They listed 30 episodes. I can't watch (the video window is blank), either need subscription or region issue.

https://www.chocotv.com.tw/drama/9414/eps/1

Previously the producers had shown ep 1-15 (season 1) and ep 16-18 (under season 2) during those fan meeting events...and also leaked out the episodes eventually to youtube.

So far for the new episodes....the latest is Ep 19. Also despite the title, there's no eng sub....maybe need time.

* and one thing to note, the youtube clips might be taken off....will have to search again if that happen.

But at least i can see a closure to this, not like "hanging" halfway.

On 2/15/2018 at 8:42 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Choco TV from Taiwan has started showing this drama. They listed 30 episodes. I can't watch (the video window is blank), either need subscription or region issue.

https://www.chocotv.com.tw/drama/9414/eps/1

Previously the producers had shown ep 1-15 (season 1) and ep 16-18 (under season 2) during those fan meeting events...and also leaked out the episodes eventually to youtube.

So far for the new episodes....the latest is Ep 19. Also despite the title, there's no eng sub....maybe need time.

* and one thing to note, the youtube clips might be taken off....will have to search again if that happen.

But at least i can see a closure to this, not like "hanging" halfway.

It works with VPN. Bad news, only chinese subs.

As of today, up to episode 21 :)

Final ep 30.

Well, given the current censorship issue in china (even though this is now broadcasted on taiwan's chocotv)...there are no kiss or bedscenes...just some shirtless scene and hugging. They also didn't admit their relationship as gay....until the well scene when the 2 chars expressed some thoughts...Yuanzong said he love (chinese char "ai") xiayao who followed with he want to be with him. Well...they were spoke out in their mind...

Think this is only consolation point besides how good the 2 leads (and also supporting chars) look so suited to each other visually and the acting isn't too awkward.

But it does look awkward with the sudden use of cartoon to show the last part...where Xiayao finally found the person who webcam with him many yrs ago. This part is like an afterthought.

For eng sub in youtube...can check here...so far until ep 28.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCARbPirx9_0o5iKcuCJS_5A/

For me, I think I am the only one who thought that the ending was fitting for a Chinese drama, given all the restrictions placed on it. I just that I thought it would be okay to just end with the scene at the hospital without the animation, which was just plain silly and unnecessary. At the very least, I am thankful that they didn't go down the bromance route with the grave scene which they showed during the initial screening.

I felt that the ending was fitting because:

1. Both of them, at a time of near death, could only think of each other and their memories of one another be it happy or sad
  2. Both of them were not willing to sacrifice one another - XY wanted to be with him at all cost and YZ just wants him to be safe and sound, and they just want to be with each other
  3. The confession itself, although delivered telepathically, is a ROMANTIC confession, and no matter how many times you read it, I don't think you can mistake that as bromantic, "I-love-you-bro" kinda confession. I mean, YZ already outrightly says that he loves XY and will do anything for him and XY did not come with anything less when he said that he just wanted to be together with YZ. All this while both of them were facing almost certain death.
  4. The fact that both of them used their nicknames for each other during the scene ("Yao-er" and "Da-zong-ze"). Why I thought this should be highlighted is the fact that, in Chinese communities, nicknames are terms of affection you use only when you are very familiar with one another and if you look at YZ's character, the fact that he called XY, Yao-er, when he doesn't even have an affectionate name for his own sister, speaks volumes about XY's position in his life.

Of course, if there could be a direct translation of the book to the screen, that would be ideal but considering that this was done in China, I think this scene alone was commendable in trying to let people know "hey, look, these are 2 men in love with one another, and not another bromance, yo!". Yes, it could have been just as intense as Addicted but I guess we can take what we can get and run with it.

The only gripe I have is with the flow of the story. I felt that they took the wrong parts of the book to put in the forefront which makes the story seems so choppy and haphazard. I was also waiting for that vital "He's MINE!" scene but then I think that was scrapped because of the restrictions, really. What I am really disappointed about though, is the lack of development for both Zhi Shui and Da Yu, much less Peng Ze and Zhenzhen. I mean, at this point in the book, I believe Zhi Shui and Da Yu's relationship had progressed far beyond just being nice to one another. That was the main disappointment with the drama.

All in all, I think, given with what they were able to work with, I think it was pretty commendable. Now, if this was a Thai or Taiwanese production? I will raise hell and burn the production company to the ground if that had happened. LOL!

Archived