Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jin_mi

[Chinese Webseries 2016] Advance Bravery | Shi Bu Ke Dang | 盛势 | 势不可挡

I wanna a season 2, I don't understand what kind of relationships the other couples can be, I wanna the young sister with the captain of the bodyguards, from the first time I watched the Drama I guessed that they're have to be together, even in the opening I thought that that characters would be couple. ¿¿??  

Hi all,

I just finished the series recently (I know, so late) and read the book. Pity the series is quite choppy but all the comments about censorship makes it a lot more understandable so I decided to read the novel (pity translation not even close to finish yet, might have to brush of my chinese reading now..). 

The cut version did a bit of disservice to the book and the actors. At the beginning the story is a bit confusing and lots of scenes seemingly jumbled together with quick cuts. Seems they filmed the movie to follow very the book very closely, but ended up has to cut a lot so the flow is mesed up. Could've been better if they adapted from beginning, change few things here and there to anticipate the censor (although from my understanding from few sources they already did this but the censorship gets even thougher than they anticipated). I do think the 2nd half flow better, the leads as well as supporting characters has established their chemistry well (more on this later). 

It is real pity because the book is really good, but I think due to the messiness of the series beginning (and the continuous delay in airing), the popularity did not catch on with this like with Addicted series. Many of my friends have never heard of it, and some actually started but gave up after few episodes coz they couldn't follow it. I hope it still has time to grow in viewership and popularity because good BL with good message is still rare.  

Regarding the acting, Liang Xue Feng as WZS actually maybe bring the best performance in the series. His character in the book is quite tricky to pull off, but he brings vulnerability to the characters that you know why he managed to trick XY and DY many times but makes DY fall for him anyway. The 2 leads are sooo charismatic and their chemistry is undeniable. I can not not imagine them when reading the book now. So well-cast. Simon as XY is playful, sometimes childish sometimes have mean streak but deep down good-hearted. Jason as YZ is stoic and righteous, seems very serious and only becomes soft for XY. Surprised to see from BTS clips how funny and playful the actor really is, no wonder Chai Jidan said he acts very well. They both deserve to be big stars. If this series does not become the jumping stones for that, I hope they get many more opportunities.

I am actually surprised Jason Xufeng was not that famous before. The rest of the cast is pretty young so understandbly they're probably just starting out but he is on his 30"s now. This is his debut acting?!? With that face (looks mixed-race which can adds appeal, is he?) and that build and that charisma (also seems very charming from social media), I thought casting agents would've knocked on his door already. Could it be he wasn't interested before? Or he just not look this good in the past lol. Thank god that CJD found him tho. Hope he and the rest breaks out in big way.  

On 10/27/2016 at 12:22 AM, futmop1 said:

Yup that's what i've got too.. but it's still on yt with the cut version..

Can you tell me the name of the movie??? :grin:

^^not completedly translated, i believe. i was reading the novel on wattpad and saw updates on novelupdates, but I had stopped to wait for complete translation. on novelupdates, says 165/215 chapters translated.

iirc, the novel is pretty hot. i dropped it at the time cause i was sensing upcoming angst, but really can't recall the details.