[Chinese Webseries 2016] Advance Bravery | Shi Bu Ke Dang | 盛势 | 势不可挡

Jin_mi

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/18/2017 at 0:26 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Just wonder....in the fight scene with the westerner....he was supposed to say something to Xia Yao and even kiss him, right? That's why the latter became so angry and punched him many times at the end of the match. But that wasn't shown.

If it's not included in the script to be filmed, then they shouldn't show him throwing so many punches after the opponent was already unconscious. It's like so ungracious of him to do that.

So my guess is something's cut...in both leaked version and the preview version at the press con. Of course i might guess wrongly.

As for the 2 versions....the press con (filmed by fans) one and the later leaked/clearer one....many parts, the press con got sound or background sound....but the later one no. 

When I read the English translation of the book. The opponent kissed  Xia Yao, but that wasn't the case in the episode I saw. Plus the one  at the convenience store, Instead of buying cigarettes, it was chewing gun  Xia Yao bought which we know what  drop on to his back. He he So I guess they had to make adjustments.

Came across these 2 clips in china website bilibili...they are scenes after the 50+min early clip we had seen. The clips are probably filmed by fans at the preview event. It was after the bro informed his sis that Xiayao is meeting her n she went to choose dress.

Update....think got deleted. No more source.

Maybe got to do with this notice from the drama company....not to spread unofficial or pirated clips. Still no mention when broadcast again.

006xsMwkly1fetcvv3353j30sw0kudis.jpg

i didn't even know there was all this mess going on, but i think this is a reasonable perspective on what's happening.

This drama looks so amazing is a shame they might have to not put it out because of some homophobic law :bawling:

Long post (sorry), but here’s what I BELIEVE is happening. Contrary to a few, I think it may well have been the producers that leaked it in the first place, but I want to point out it’s just my suspicions! 

After six months of censorship rounds, the government gave them the go-ahead and then right before the release they pulled the plug. As a producer or cast member I would have been pissed. A lot of fans are pissed and on Weibo, at least, they are taking their frustration out on the producers, when it’s not really their fault (I used Google Translate and looked through a lot of the comments). Once something is leaked, though, it’s out – the fans are happier and they can understand it’s not really about making more hype and more money, which is what they have been complaining about. They can’t say it so much on Weibo because of all the censorship, but it’s a little clearer that the government is to blame, not Tencent or CJD. So the producers created a dummy account, Asian Drama JKL, and put it up on Youtube, editing for copyright and knowing full well that it would leak and proliferate on Chinese social media anyway. It had to be them because they were able to re-dub and replace audio, which no one else would be able to do (I suspect that it was originally muted for copyright infringement because Chinese law and US law are different with music rights). It would put pressure on the government and also clear them of fans’ suspicions of manipulation.

However, it also serves another purpose. They have a choice now: the government wants further censorship, which would be infuriating as an artist. It would create a lot of delays and the work would be even further from how it was intended to be viewed. There is also the risk that it could be pulled again, even if they re-censored, but China is also a large market and was very profitable for them with ShangYin. They might not want to risk walking away from all that money. 

Yet the producers know they have an international audience, and they might be using this video to gauge exactly how big that audience is. They may be watching the video (and its proliferation) on Youtube closely this week, seeing how many views it gets. If it doesn’t get a lot of views comparable to what it would get it in China, they may decide to play nice with the government and continue to censor and release later; if it becomes very popular and gets a lot of hits, which may well happen, they may decide that it’s worth enough to find international distribution and not censor further, and release the full version, as I think was already planned, on IqiYi Taiwan. The only thing that might get in the way is that being too brazen might affect the cast and crew on the mainland, as SAARFT, the censorship bureau, wields immense power in career opportunities for those in the entertainment industry.

We will have to wait and see, but after a great deal of thought and a little research, this is the conclusion I have come to. I’m a naturally curious, academic-minded person, so I apologize if this is a bit too analytical; and, of course, I could be wrong about everything!

The waiting is so torturous. Also, just found out today that the english translation of the novel has been removed from Wattpad, which sucks!!!! I can only watch mvs on youtube and wait and try to read the raws. Well, it seems to be slowly heading in the right direction, right? They released the ending credits and also that notice about watching the show through legal means. I hope that means they will be releasing it soon at the least. 

but guys i'm still a little bit confused about the releasing date? Do we know when the first episode is going to be aired or we are still not sure about it?:blink: this is such a mess so far... i have no doubt that the series is going to be great, but please no more editing... honestly when I watched the leak episodes I realized that without reading the novel I would be a little bit lost and wouldn't understand what's happening there. For example the scene where is Xia Yao jerking himself off( lol), there's no explanation why he was so shocked when he was watching the ,,lady,, on his laptop.

But overall these actors are superb, especially Gong Yun who plays Xia Yao, he's absolutely adorable and I can't imagine more fitting actor than him. He has such an amazing expressive face and natural talent for acting!:wub:

Well even though the translations are off of wattpad. Anh, the translator and her group, have moved to saehan's blog where the Addicted translations are currently being worked on. So my two current obsessions on one blog is amazing. I just found this out yesterday so I'm very happy. They started reuploading the chapters already! You can go here to read. 

anyone know where a complete eng version can be watched?. I just watched the ones on youtube and dailymotion but the last part was cut. before xia yao about to meet with the girl. 

anyway, I think this is going to be fun. I'm excited with the military training stuff and how they'd develop feelings for each other. I haven't read the book but we know CJD. hahaha tho I still can't help compare the actors from Shangyin, still AB boys also look good together. CJD really knows how to pair her actors. *claps*

:cookie:

Archived