[Chinese Webseries 2016] Advance Bravery | Shi Bu Ke Dang | 盛势 | 势不可挡

Jin_mi

2 hours ago, ursa98 said:

sad that there won't be a season 2 guess i'm gonna go back to reading even though i prefer watching the series /movie vers

For modern bl I prefer watching than reading. I found many beautiful historical bl novel but until now none of it got adaptation :(

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awaiting for this drama too. i think epi 1 is out at (iqiyi). not sure when will epi 2 will aired. had placed an order for the novel, hope it arrives soon.

addicted was good, i finished the drama last year and only finish the novel recently. season 2 for addicted is quite impossible as the story line is quite exaggerating at the end.

looking forward for advance bravery! the trailer looks promising. 

2 hours ago, glee77 said:

Would you mind posting the link in iqiyi site? 

Even though I know nothing in chinese, I'm quite good at recognizing pictures :tongue:

The one on iqiyi is still the leaked HD version missing the 7 minutes at the end. You can just watch that on youtube. 

23 minutes ago, glee77 said:

Here's taiwan's iqiyi http://m.tw.iqiyi.com/

It has kdramas, so it surely has nothing to do with china.

Can anyone who knows chinese check out if Advance Bravely is there?

Thank you :)

It's not there at all. Lol, it has kdramas, Chinese, Taiwanese, and also Japanese dramas too.  This series has been postponed. I keep on looking on weibo or baidu for news. Same stuff over and over. Nothing new. We just get the leaked HD version and nothing more as of now. We're just gonna have to wait until they announce the new release date, whenever that will be. 

Just wonder....in the fight scene with the westerner....he was supposed to say something to Xia Yao and even kiss him, right? That's why the latter became so angry and punched him many times at the end of the match. But that wasn't shown.

If it's not included in the script to be filmed, then they shouldn't show him throwing so many punches after the opponent was already unconscious. It's like so ungracious of him to do that.

So my guess is something's cut...in both leaked version and the preview version at the press con. Of course i might guess wrongly.

As for the 2 versions....the press con (filmed by fans) one and the later leaked/clearer one....many parts, the press con got sound or background sound....but the later one no. 

9 minutes ago, glee77 said:

The leaked version is the chinese one :(

Anyway, will stalk this thread until something happens :)

I rewatched the clip at the press con....the one which is unclear, slanted bcos someone filmed it from his seat....also no kiss...just a rushed/sudden feel to the fight that the opponent was down and Xia Yao started punching his head countless time...then he was declared winner. 

It's a trivial thing....but if this is already how the director filmed (or edited) initially....then what'll happen after the so-called fine-tuning? to the rest of the storyline?

Ya, will have to wait and see.  

1 hour ago, Cedric Ong said:

I rewatched the clip at the press con....the one which is unclear, slanted bcos someone filmed it from his seat....also no kiss...just a rushed/sudden feel to the fight that the opponent was down and Xia Yao started punching his head countless time...then he was declared winner. 

It's a trivial thing....but if this is already how the director filmed (or edited) initially....then what'll happen after the so-called fine-tuning? to the rest of the storyline?

Ya, will have to wait and see.  

I had read somewhere they that had cut that kiss with Brown out. That's the cut that they were talking about originally. I completely agree with you about the sound. It was pretty silent in the leaked hd version. The cam version had all the music and bgm. They just call it fine tuning when we know they probably have to edit out a bunch of bl scenes to make it pass the censors. I don't think that's really possible though because all the interactions are pretty flirty in nature with Yuan Zong and Xia Yao with YZ being so blunt. The Peng Ze and Li Zhen Zhen couple is also all flirty. If they have to be edit out, nothing will be left of their interactions. Oh man and then with Da Yu and Wang Zhi Shui and their stuff too. 

This is so bad. I keep on imagining being happy when it finally gets released but it will not even follow the original story line at all since they would have to change so much.  

Lol after getting into Addicted last month and now this. I can't wait for some of the fanart to come out from AB like with Addicted. They are amazing and makes me wish for a manga version. Lol, they can be as graphic as they want.

I don't think they will cut more than already cut. They also said that just want to improve something. I don't think that's the problem with the ban as it already held a fan meeting and showed 3 episodes. If they want to cut more, then lost all meaning. Can only hope and wait for the uncut version in Taiwan.:)

Yay for full version and overseas version. Lol, I'll probably buy the dvds when they come out. But then, I hope they have english subs, which is unlikely. So we will just have to wait for some kind translators to provide us with great subs. The subs on youtube right now from Boy in Love is hilarious because of the side comments in the subs. It's like watching a drama on viki. LOL. 

I was looking to buy Addicted but I couldn't tell if the Taiwan version was uncut or not. The korean version had so much stuff with it but I don't think that's being sold anymore. :bawling: Hopefully we will get options with AB. 

I am going to be a bit of critical here so I put this in spoiler :) 

Spoiler

To be honest I  am a bit disappointed the CJD didn't work with the same director who directed Addicted (Dragon was his artist name if I good remember). There are already so many eyes-hurting bloopers in the first three episodes of AB that don't make certain scenes enjoyable and the editing is awful. There are also unnecessary and confusing scenes that should have been edited out to begin with. If I haven't read the book I wouldn't have a clue what is happening sometimes.I wasn't surprised that fans who never read the book scratched their heads confused, wondering and asking in comments why the hell XY freaked out when chatting online with a 'girl' to have a little 'fun'. Since they cannot show it, they should have put a voice over there, as it is not obvious at all. 

So if that is what they mean by refining the episodes than I am willing to wait a thousand year :D~ (right... no... not that long. No way.)

But on the other hand you call tell that this is CJD's work, the humour, the flirting, the hotness of the whole and these two haven't even done anything other than staring at each other. This is what I miss from other BLs. 

I am also looking forward to Jason to show his real acting skills as it seems sometimes he would already do more than staring with cold and rigid expression... I think It will be a good change when his character softens a bit. At least I loved the feeding scene at the end of the trailer (it's just gold), he is still a bit restrained, but at least don't have a stony expression and damn his laugh:wub:. Simon though got me. He works with his eyes, and you don't even have to look at his face, he managed to put all emotions in his eyes that very few actors are capable of. I cannot even imagine the hotness that awaits us, let alone the bed scene(s? - hope there is a plural -_-)

i get that they have a had time including kiss scenes for the main lead so the kiss between Xia Yao and Brown was a no no but being trivial they could have made Brown say something that offended XY like "you have beautiful lips, i would like to kiss them" then  XY could say like in the book that he wasn't gay and the punch him cause in the video him beating him for no good reason didn't make sense.

The reason why a loved a lot Addicted was because of the editing and the storyline compared to other web series it is in my opinion the best executed. AB didn't give me that sparkle, i prefer Addicted director's style more. Yuang Zong felt very cold and the stalker part was a little to much ( maybe they should have executed it more like an interest, curiosity).

Thanks for all the updates guys. The ED looks good and I can hardly wait to watch some of the scenes that are shown in the new MV. 

Does anyone know how many chapters the original novel has? Sorry if this has been asked before.

2 hours ago, otaku89 said:

Thanks for all the updates guys. The ED looks good and I can hardly wait to watch some of the scenes that are shown in the new MV. 

Does anyone know how many chapters the original novel has? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Cr wattpad

215 (main story) + 10 (epilogue)

Archived