[Thai BL Drama 2016-2017] My Bromance The Series พี่ชาย

WeLoveSoompi

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, oldgregg said:

I meant ep 3!! Haha sorry ^^; Thanks so much for the link! :)

I watch this series on youtube - yu thanh thien

she uploaded engsub after vietsub was done, usually on Tuesday (Thailand Time)

On 12/24/2016 at 2:06 PM, oldgregg said:

On fanservice: I love fanservice but I think it causes problems for the actors so, I think maybe it needs to be toned down or done in a different way. I'll write my reasoning below: (might be long and boring for some)

Hide contents

When the actors go on shows, they're supposed to be there as themselves not as their characters! When they blur that line it can even become problematic for the audience to distinguish actor from character and we aren't getting a "truthful" representation. So in the situation of SOTUS, Krist/Singto had such good fanservice that some fans deluded themselves into believing the actors themselves love each other and when they found out one of them had a gf went nuts and started abusing them on their social media. I think fanservice is partly to blame for fan-ing the fire of those kinda delulu fans... 

I'm kinda not really liking Cooper's version of young Golf so far, I know he's supposed to be an angsty teen, but I just think it's too much yelling/aggression in his delivery... I just need him to vary it up a bit, there are ways of expressing anger without constant yelling... 

Oh when I mean fanservice here (regarding Captain and Cooper during the Nine Entertain birthday event), I don't mean fanservice as being couply but fanservice with fans. Captain is always all so smiley and bright and fun, and usually attends to every fan's wish if he can, which is why he is so beloved and becomes the top teen star in Thailand today. Just look at the difference between Cooper and Captain in the photo, that's what I'm talking about.

On 12/16/2016 at 9:53 AM, ariasiandrama said:

Thank you so much! I was looking for it :)

Any idea about the intro song or the one playing when they met again (after the hand thing)?

Anyway, guys, it looks promising.

Especially that last scene was truly impressive... the way they filmed it, the acting, the music, everything was just so pure and perfect, one of the best thing I've ever seen (guess how many times I watched it? I can't tell lol)

Then, Cooper :wub: Also Kaii is doing fine, even if I still have some doubts about him... but surely it's interesting to see him in a big role, in LS he didn't get much screen space (and his character wasn't all that remarkable lol even though I would have preferred it was more deepened, anyway)

Looking forward to the next episodes :wub:

Hi guys :)

Do you know whats the song tittle at the ending of the series? I like the beat very much :)

I will really appreciate any reply. Thank you so much

On 9/30/2016 at 1:22 AM, Andy Vo said:

Cooper Patpasit Songkhala
Before having the role as "Golf":
"Hello, I'm Patpasit Songkhala Cooper, 20 years old. Now I am a sophomore in University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce. I have had a few small roles in the past before being in My bromance the series"

I'm watching ep 3 right now and I was wondering how old Cooper was, so I came to dig for info. Yes! He's legal!!! and about my age too :blush:

34 minutes ago, Ym3n said:

OMG! There is an Episode 4 unsub on YouTube but I don't  have time for watching now :anguished:

it said original but non official version.

Hide contents

Hint: mel rios channel

:dizzy:

I thought it normally airs on sunday, so it's weird that it's already out there!! :o

Sooo many characters and drama I just don't care about.. Where's all the Golf and Bank moments? :sweatingbullets:
Poor Cooper can't catch a break, huh? He has to yell, cry and angst in every episode.
And that girl... let's just say I skip a few parts. (Though she's kinda cute and, to me, looks like she could be Gunsmile's sister. It's something about the face shape).

4 hours ago, sluttysaladdressing said:

Sooo many characters and drama I just don't care about.. Where's all the Golf and Bank moments? :sweatingbullets:

Maybe you must send a request to film-director to more axed next ep in this way! Ok, i'm jocking!!! Personally, i accept every part of a script, even i don't appreciate one or more moments (Love Sick is the perfect exemple, but nevertheless this is my fav BL serie). They must follow the story so closely as possible, and include side story that is part of the novel. Is it too hard to accept supporting roles? In this way (more axed on two main stars), the series will be shorted to a few episodes. I prefer a more complete cast that allow to get more longer time with main roles!

On 12/31/2016 at 9:25 PM, gogole mongol said:

Maybe you must send a request to film-director to more axed next ep in this way! Ok, i'm jocking!!! Personally, i accept every part of a script, even i don't appreciate one or more moments (Love Sick is the perfect exemple, but nevertheless this is my fav BL serie). They must follow the story so closely as possible, and include side story that is part of the novel. Is it too hard to accept supporting roles? In this way (more axed on two main stars), the series will be shorted to a few episodes. I prefer a more complete cast that allow to get more longer time with main roles!

Side stories and supporting roles are okay IF they executed it well (acting, plot, gimmicks etc) and IF their proportions are not longer than the main stories in one episode.

I remembered the pain of watching LS S2 with their fillers and excessive flashbacks and their absurd side stories that almost didnt have statisfying ending *cough* earn x pete *cough* so in that case it's a no no.

SOTUS also had sidestories that took longer duration than the main stories sometimes (aim x may, wad x perm etc). Like seriously the main story only being placed at the begining and at the end of the episode was really depressing to watch lol. But nevertheless I still love SOTUS. Arthit x Kongpope is worth the wait after watching tsunamis of sidestories and fillers lol.

good example of sidestories in a series in my opinion is in MIR, they have a good proportions, not too much, not too little, fun and refreshing. Everytime I rewatch MIR I never skipped the side story parts unlike when I rewatch LS or SOTUS 55555 :D 

2 hours ago, yukinakisa said:

good example of sidestories in a series in my opinion is in MIR, they have a good proportions, not too much, not too little, fun and refreshing. Everytime I rewatch MIR I never skipped the side story parts unlike when I rewatch LS or SOTUS 55555 :D 

In MIR serie, there is "good proportions" cause this is almost a all male affair, female role is close to be nonexistent. Into LS, female roles are diverse, nevertheless, two main female roles are part of the main story. Every sidestories include female role, with love as main goal. Then when there is women, there is side's sidestories cause they are not only "irritating" for some in a BL serie, they are also a right balance when a community meet another community, with a similar common denominator as student! This is a closed world, and more over any consideration, it is part of the novel, and i am glad that realisator more or less respect it! (i prefer more) Everyone have possibility to skip what he wants. But since i rewatch LS, this "unwanted moments" little by little dissapear as bad sequence and becomes as "another brick in the wall", that complete the whole thing.

11 hours ago, yukinakisa said:

SOTUS also had sidestories that took longer duration than the main stories sometimes (aim x may, wad x perm etc). Like seriously the main story only being placed at the begining and at the end of the episode was really depressing to watch lol. But nevertheless I still love SOTUS. Arthit x Kongpope is worth the wait after watching tsunamis of sidestories and fillers lol.

Aim has the emotional capability of a rock. It's painful to watch his scenes

16 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

In MIR serie, there is "good proportions" cause this is almost a all male affair, female role is close to be nonexistent. Into LS, female roles are diverse, nevertheless, two main female roles are part of the main story. Every sidestories include female role, with love as main goal. Then when there is women, there is side's sidestories cause they are not only "irritating" for some in a BL serie, they are also a right balance when a community meet another community, with a similar common denominator as student! This is a closed world, and more over any consideration, it is part of the novel, and i am glad that realisator more or less respect it! (i prefer more) Everyone have possibility to skip what he wants. But since i rewatch LS, this "unwanted moments" little by little dissapear as bad sequence and becomes as "another brick in the wall", that complete the whole thing.

What I meant for good proportion is based on how long the side stories took in one episode, not based on affairs with specific gender at all, storywise I love jeed sidestory in LS S2 when she was transformed into a badass. 5555 

Back to my bromance and the topic that became the start of this sidestory-supporting role discussions, I think the female korean lover role (Jessica) is needed tho, and I think she will be the key to develop main couple relationship to whatever it may be in the future and become a very important person that will make our main couple realize/admit their true feelings (hopefully lol)

ughh can't wait to watch the next episode >.<

is it subbed yet?

Archived