Jump to content

[Thai BL Drama 2016-2017] My Bromance The Series พี่ชาย


WeLoveSoompi
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, syuhadah_stv said:

 

Patpasit.. The guy that plays Golf was a cast of Lovesick Season 1, wasn't he, I think? He played Mark, the cheating boyfriend of Fah, I don't if you guys remember. No, I'm certain. Just need someone else confirmation though.

 

This is Patcharawat Wongtossawasdee that play Mark's role into LS 1 & 2:

patcharawat-wongtossawasdee_a402801.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

This is Patcharawat Wongtossawasdee that play Mark's role into LS 1 & 2:

patcharawat-wongtossawasdee_a402801.png

Hahaha, Look what I did there. I wanted to know if they have the same name, but it was so hard to compare the characters written in the opening of Lovesick. Thank you. I was going crazy, wondering if they are the same person. Hahaha

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gogole mongol said:

This is Patcharawat Wongtossawasdee that play Mark's role into LS 1 & 2:

patcharawat-wongtossawasdee_a402801.png

@gogole mongol I was wondering where I saw the guy on your profile picture:) hahah he's from counterattack right ? I basically just finished watching that drama and my QingYu feels haven't died down yet. It was such a cute but weird drama. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, yoongihope said:

 I was wondering where I saw the guy on your profile picture:) hahah he's from counterattack right ? I basically just finished watching that drama and my QingYu feels haven't died down yet. It was such a cute but weird drama. 

Yes, he is my fav BL artist since i began to watch this kind of production. This pic from Dayu is so beautiful, and it is regrettable to only view it into thumb format.

Spoiler

nn9X.jpg

Just hope you can see it correctly!

I am still deeply sad that season 2 had been canceled, and i think it 'll be a definitive sentence! Hopefully, QingYu are still active and continue to shine my BL appetite!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

Yes, he is my fav BL artist since i began to watch this kind of production. This pic from Dayu is so beautiful, and it is regrettable to only view it into thumb format.

  Hide contents

nn9X.jpg

Just hope you can see it correctly!

I am still deeply sad that season 2 had been canceled, and i think it 'll be a definitive sentence! Hopefully, QingYu are still active and continue to shine my BL appetite!

Aww he looks so cute ! 

Me too:( I wish there was more. QingYu's chemistry is no joke, they honestly seem close when I watch the BTS episodes. Also I love Chen qiushi and CayZ couple! They are literally goals!! And so cute ! I wish their characters got more screen time in the drama 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, melrios said:

I believe the big questions will presented next sunday; as we will get to know how Golf and Bank got closer in the past; and if they may have a chance of getting together once more, after 8 years...!

Cheers...

I think you can't forget a first love, and when you meet "him" again, all memories do go back to the surface, and it can happens the same story restart as before! We'll see soon!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, melrios said:

 

Yes... it is not easy to forget your first love... specially if the reasons of the "break out" had with family issues to do; and not because there was no more love for each other.

We saw in the firsts episodes the way Golf was still longing for Bank... and we can see also in Bank's eyes the feelings he still has for Golf.

 

Did you guys saw already episode 5 in the raw thai version... I have to point a few things of it...!

(1) It seems that Golf's father was the reason WHY the boys break up in the past years... making both of them follow different ways far from each other. It is still interesting that both of them studied something related to sea plants and animals... having very similar kind of studies and future jobs. Since the first episode we do know this; as we saw Golf doing research under water; and we hear about Bank working on a project on sea animals as well. Now Golf talked with his father about his feelings concerning him (Golf) and Bank living together again (can you accept us living together again?); making as main point that he also wants to live a happy life; and this can only be if they are together. Golf's father talked to Bank about this, and apologizes for what he did in the past (only we don't have the details yet; that will show in episode 8 or 9, I guess). At least there is finally something positive for Golf and Bank; and that is Golf's father apology for whatever it is he did wrong in the past. This apology had a strong impact on Bank, who is no longer sure about going back to Jackson in America... using the excuse to have to choose between two projects related to his research soon. The answer of Jackson was quite interesting: "Choose the one you like the most"... if we think of Bank having to choose between Golf and Jackson, it is the same way: "Choose the one you want the most"... :blush:

(2) Bank's father is another new character in this already very complicated story; and it is for the worse; as he has injured Bank severely on his back, leaving those marks that will never go away. Domestic violence is probably the worse kind of violence any child could go thru, and to experience it from the hand of his own father is a memory that may never go away from his mind. Nightmares will haunt him for ever. The way the other students behave while forcing Bank to undress was also brutal, but as they are so young, in a naive, non truly violent, way. It was great to see Golf covering Bank with his own shirt, and taking the attention of the students away from Bank into the football game. :w00t:

(3) Finally Golf is getting used to Bank, and making him part of his own personal and private world. They know now the darkest, worst secrets of each other. They share now all the informations related to the sad way Golf's mother died years ago; and they share also the brutality from Banks father which will continue in the next episode. Golf letting Bank into his bedroom even made his aunt Pa and her daughter Bang kind of confuse, as they found the way of Golf talking to Bank very unusual and strange. :phew:

We have a few lovely moments of Golf and Bank together, if not yet the love story as it was... the kitchen scene... the cleaning scene in the living room... Golf attending class sitting next to Bank... Golf covering Bank with his own shirt on the sport area... Golf covering Bank as he has the nightmare... Golf talking to Bank in the dining room about moving in into his bedroom... Yes... they are getting together little by little... in the past, and in the present time.

With 7 more episodes to go, I believe we can be very happy and please this great story of My Bromance has been made into a series that could last, at least, 3 seasons, or more... There seem to be plenty of material to be use in the screenplay; and it involves many people already. For a gay themed series I admire the way they deal with family issues - which is normally not included in this kind of BL stories as deep as it is here. Family issues played a role in "Love Sick" very little, but as starting point for the BL story (Pum wanted to pretend to have a boyfriend with Noh because he did not wanted to marry a family friend relative)... In "Make it right" it did not play any role at all... In "Sotus" there were not issues with any family relatives at all... So "My Bromance The Series" is opening a new view to the way BL stories are told.

Cheers...!

 

Thanks for your review :heart:

 

Memorable scene in this episode is Guide/Bank can dance. 555

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

wow, that was quite a progressive episode! To be honest, I miss P'Delightful's subs so much because I don't always understand the subs from the Vietnamese sub team. And this episode kind of highlights that, cause quite a bit gets lost in translation. 

But we saw so much! The start of the relationship is finally here, where Golf is accepting Bank and starting to feel something towards him.

I'm a little bit confused on the storyline for the future - this is what I've pieced together. Maybe somebody can confirm if it's right or let me know if I've misunderstood. 

8 years ago Golf's father found out about their relationship and separated them. Now since he got sick, he wants Golf to come home and to make it up to Bank and Golf. Golf asked his dad if he can accept his relationship with Bank. To show his acceptance, he apologises to Bank for separating them and also divorces Bank's mother so that they are no longer stepbrothers and can be together if they want. 

Have I understood it correctly? 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oldgregg said:

 

8 years ago Golf's father found out about their relationship and separated them. Now since he got sick, he wants Golf to come home and to make it up to Bank and Golf. Golf asked his dad if he can accept his relationship with Bank. To show his acceptance, he apologises to Bank for separating them and also divorces Bank's mother so that they are no longer stepbrothers and can be together if they want. 

Have I understood it correctly? 

 

Yes, that is totally what I understand about the series in ep5.

But, i think Golf not asked his father to accept his relationship with Bank. Golf just said that he didn't want to stay home, because :

1- Bank was at home (and he cannot get rid of his love for Bank.) and ...

2- his father not accepted their loving relationship (until that time).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10 January 2017 at 1:34 PM, yukinakisa said:

Still no engsub yet for ep 5 *bawling* :'(

 

Engsub is out now.

 

 

Spoiler alert!! Don't read below comment 

@oldgregg Yeah... a bit lost in translation because Thai -> Viet -> Engsub. For me as non native speaker, it is okay as long as understandable although some words sound incorrect. My writing is also same. 555

 

back to topic

Golf's father disagreed this relationship 8 years ago and Golf left all behind as a result after having (must be) a big fight with his father. You know how good Golf's temperament is ...  :phew: 

Golf didn't wanna go back home when his father asked him because he was afraid that would be  happened again. He still couldn't forget Bank and how about his father objected their love again? Meanwhile his relation with his father were gradually in positive side.

Hmm, are you sure that is a divorce papers ? The person who sub is also not sure.

 

I also miss @delightful 's sub especially those stupid funny comments  :wub:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ym3n said:

 

Engsub is out now.

 

 

Spoiler alert!! Don't read below comment 

@oldgregg Yeah... a bit lost in translation because Thai -> Viet -> Engsub. For me as non native speaker, it is okay as long as understandable although some words sound incorrect. My writing is also same. 555

 

back to topic

Golf's father disagreed this relationship 8 years ago and Golf left all behind as a result after having (must be) a big fight with his father. You know how good Golf's temperament is ...  :phew: 

Golf didn't wanna go back home when his father asked him because he was afraid that would be  happened again. He still couldn't forget Bank and how about his father objected their love again? Meanwhile his relation with his father were gradually in positive side.

Hmm, are you sure that is a divorce papers ? The person who sub is also not sure.

 

I also miss @delightful 's sub especially those stupid funny comments  :wub:

 

 

Naturally, I'm glad to have any subs at all!! It's a hell of a lot more to understand than no subs, so I'm still very thankful for what we have. I just do find it a little difficult to understand completely what is meant. 

I mean I definitely understood that Golf left for overseas because he had a massive fight with his father. I was more confused about what they were talking about after they found Boy, about Golf coming home. I wasn't sure what was the issue with him coming home. Was it because 1) He feels that they're already a complete family and he doesn't belong anymore, 2) the father won't be comfortable to have Golf and Bank living together knowing their past relationship or 3) Golf can't live with Bank because he's still in love with him and would want pursue the relationship further and hence they'd have the same fight again.... Like, who is having the problem with Golf living at home again, Dad? Golf? Both? Aliens? I've understood it to be #3... 

And I'm wondering what was that conversation at the dinner table. Cause it starts off talking about his wedding to jackson and then sounding like the dad is apologising for being inattentive and letting Golf/Bank relationship get to that stage before saying anything. In the subs it says "I want to apologise for letting you and Golf...." "I have to take responsibility in this issue", but then goes on to say it's your happiness you should decide and gives him the envelope (do we know what was inside? Is it just a photo from the flashback?). It's too richard simmons confusing!!! I'm right to understand that he'd basically given Bank permission to be with Golf.... right??? Because he said let your heart choose, I just want you to be happy... right?!!?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, oldgregg said:

 

Naturally, I'm glad to have any subs at all!! It's a hell of a lot more to understand than no subs, so I'm still very thankful for what we have. I just do find it a little difficult to understand completely what is meant. 

I mean I definitely understood that Golf left for overseas because he had a massive fight with his father. I was more confused about what they were talking about after they found Boy, about Golf coming home. I wasn't sure what was the issue with him coming home. Was it because 1) He feels that they're already a complete family and he doesn't belong anymore, 2) the father won't be comfortable to have Golf and Bank living together knowing their past relationship or 3) Golf can't live with Bank because he's still in love with him and would want pursue the relationship further and hence they'd have the same fight again.... Like, who is having the problem with Golf living at home again, Dad? Golf? Both? Aliens? I've understood it to be #3... 

And I'm wondering what was that conversation at the dinner table. Cause it starts off talking about his wedding to jackson and then sounding like the dad is apologising for being inattentive and letting Golf/Bank relationship get to that stage before saying anything. In the subs it says "I want to apologise for letting you and Golf...." "I have to take responsibility in this issue", but then goes on to say it's your happiness you should decide and gives him the envelope (do we know what was inside? Is it just a photo from the flashback?). It's too richard simmons confusing!!! I'm right to understand that he'd basically given Bank permission to be with Golf.... right??? Because he said let your heart choose, I just want you to be happy... right?!!?

 

 actually not translation make us confused. the style of storyline is kinda jigzaw puzzle. Remember Bang's mom in episode 1? Who will think Golf's Mom has a twin sister? After watching several episodes you understand who she is. 

About conversation at dinner table: I do believe Golf's father had a regret for separating these two boys to be together. He didn't want Bank choosing wrong person for rest of his life by marrying Jackson. Golf's father (may be) accepted BLB after 8 year and may be (again) he saw unhappy two boys life.

 

thanks @Andy Vo

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, yukinakisa said:

Ok the unsub is out... did anybody notice the scenes are like badly edited? But storywise iits still ughhh  *nose bleed* ASDHFGJFLLAJSGKGKJHSGGAJKF

the shipppp is sailing highhh captainnn :D

 

which version do you mean? TV or Line version?

yes, I love this series. Really good

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Guest changed the title to [Thai BL Drama 2016-2017] My Bromance The Series พี่ชาย

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..