[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, bluesky888 said:

if they are filming PA 2 end of this year, than I think ZLY will not be in it. Until they hold off when she done with her other drama.

Supposedly, LGX is confirmed for a film with Tsui Hark so I doubt PA 2 will happen any time soon. If the producers of PA were smart, they should lock these two down now or else nothing will happen. They will probably move on to bigger and better things after their current projects.

On 9/13/2017 at 9:51 AM, Nina Bina said:

Supposedly, LGX is confirmed for a film with Tsui Hark so I doubt PA 2 will happen any time soon. If the producers of PA were smart, they should lock these two down now or else nothing will happen. They will probably move on to bigger and better things after their current projects.

I agreed with you. it's hard now to get both of them back on PA 2. The producers not smart enough that all we can said.

I don't think we should hold our breath for any sequel that's for certain. They really mucked up this one big time.

Despite watching a better constructed and better executed drama right now, I still love PA so much. It was XingYue, wasn't it.. that made it so addictive... waiting and longing for them to finally get together. And Yuwen Yue... I adore him so much and yet he was so under utilized in the drama.

I really miss our little chats.

• Like 4

On 9/10/2017 at 2:32 PM, rampantwolfhound said:

I also came across that in my internet wanderings; commenter ddmcmc is the poster who does the book recaps in the comments. Welcome to our den of PA madness; I'm glad you found us on FFN, butt this is where all of our writing craziness began. (Anyone who isn't reading this story should do so; it's excellent.)

Edit: In the comments section, the poster posted a link to her blog, which is a better place to read the summaries. (She also links to the XingYue chapter translations sey posted, which is convenient.) 

OMG, thank you so much, I'm so glad you linked me so I can reread it.  I really do enjoy the comments on that website too, I feel like there were several posters with good insight into the characters.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I don't think we should hold our breath for any sequel that's for certain. They really mucked up this one big time.

Despite watching a better constructed and better executed drama right now, I still love PA so much. It was XingYue, wasn't it.. that made it so addictive... waiting and longing for them to finally get together. And Yuwen Yue... I adore him so much and yet he was so under utilized in the drama.

I really miss our little chats.

Yep; guess it's up to us now to provide satisfactory endings. On the upside, we can rest assured that our endings will likely be more satisfying than canon would've been. How they thought that ending things like they did without even trying to lock up the cast for season 2 first is mind-bogglingly inept. Some ideas are so stupid that I can't even imagine how they get voiced in the first place, let alone acted on, and the whole way they handled the ending of this show is one of them. Ah, well; bring on the fix-it fic. 

6 hours ago, bloodredrosez said:

OMG, thank you so much, I'm so glad you linked me so I can reread it.  I really do enjoy the comments on that website too, I feel like there were several posters with good insight into the characters.

You're welcome; there is a poster named lizzieyen whose posts were always amazing. When I discovered that site, I went through all of the recaps just to find her stuff so that I could (usually; not always, of course) nod along with it. I keep checking back every now and then to see if she's written anything on the last recap, but she hasn't yet, so she was probably too pissed by the ending to write about it (not that I can blame  her). Of course, we've responded to the ending the opposite way, and will hopefully continue to do so for the foreseeable future.  

• Like 1

Okay, guys; here we go. Chapter 5's up at FFN and AO3. I also posted a link to a delightfully XingYue song Spotify seemed to think I'd like; for some reason, they seem to think I'd like a romantic song about the moon and stars:wink:. FFN hates links, so here it is. I've taken to listening to this before writing XingYue, so it's proven to be very inspirational (as long as I change a few parts in my head, of course). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2017 at 6:11 PM, rampantwolfhound said:

Okay, guys; here we go. Chapter 5's up at FFN and AO3. I also posted a link to a delightfully XingYue song Spotify seemed to think I'd like; for some reason, they seem to think I'd like a romantic song about the moon and stars:wink:. FFN hates links, so here it is. I've taken to listening to this before writing XingYue, so it's proven to be very inspirational (as long as I change a few parts in my head, of course). 

Oh hey, off topic, but I love that song!  It's by Ed Sheeran originally, not sure if you knew that already.  Actually, my favorite cover of it is from Jackie Evancho, check it out here (her voice is, as always, absolutely lovely):

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bloodredrosez said:

Oh hey, off topic, but I love that song!  It's by Ed Sheeran originally, not sure if you knew that already.  Actually, my favorite cover of it is from Jackie Evancho, check it out here (her voice is, as always, absolutely lovely):

That is a nice cover; naturally I'm drawn to the male vocalists singing it at this point because of shippy reasons, but that's a close 2nd. 

For anyone who's interested, late last night, I came across this page which details the collaboration between multiple translators to eventually translate all of the original PA novel into English (and a few other languages as well). I know several of us have linked to this and other such sites before, but this particular page outlines who's doing what and where you can read each thing. 

• Thanks 1

Finally, Soompi is fixed!!! I was so deprived of the fanfic but I can't see a thing here.....thank you very much @40somethingahjumma and @rampantwolfhound...love you!!! Muach muach....I will binge the fanfic......

Btw, my mom who is a fan of ZLY and of course PA told me that currently there is no other TV stations in China showing PA (correct me if I am wrong) which is very very unusual .....even HQG is showing in few stations at the same time until now....ZLY is a Queen of Drama, every single of her drama is selling like hot cakes. Maybe because Ciwen and Hunan richard simmons up PA's ending so badly in the history of drama world that the viewers are in rage and nobody wanted to re watch it like most of us here.....so they can't find other stations or sponsors/advertisers for PA replay...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Part 11 of In-Laws and Outlaws is now available for reading.

Enjoy! 

I fear that the next update will take a bit longer to come. Life's busy.

Hi @cenching Glad to hear that you're still reading. If you're concerned about getting updated, you can always sign up with FF and asked to get notifications when the updates come.

Have a good one.

• Like 4

where to watch the full of Dectitive Dee 3 conference? I would like to watch the full conference.

hmm.. most like PA 2 will be next year.. hopefully same cast... i guess should be same cast...

while waiting.. you guys can watch "King Is Not Easy", the series short like Eternal Love only 20 eps. Main lead so young.. the story so funny.. :D

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

where to watch the full of Dectitive Dee 3 conference? I would like to watch the full conference.

hmm.. most like PA 2 will be next year.. hopefully same cast... i guess should be same cast...

while waiting.. you guys can watch "King Is Not Easy", the series short like Eternal Love only 20 eps. Main lead so young.. the story so funny.. :D

Full DD3 press con 

If there will be PA2 the filming probably will start next year and will air by the year 2019. That is the soonest we can get. But I'm beginning to doubt we will have PA2  :(

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pawla said:

Full DD3 press con 

If there will be PA2 the filming probably will start next year and will air by the year 2019. That is the soonest we can get. But I'm beginning to doubt we will have PA2  :(

suck that there is no eng sub for the video.  thanks for sharing

I am still believing that we will have PA 2. look at the Scarlet Heart series. the gap was 3 years  and with the popularity of PA 1, i bet they will go for PA 2 for sure. I just hope they will get the original main cast.

• Like 2

ive seen alot of bad stuff about it but its mostly due to ending having a cliff hanger but this is one of the most popular chinese shows ever , should i watch it. 

also heard two of the main actors might be in another show together?

Zhao Li Ying and Lin Geng Xin might come back together on screen as the leads in the xianxia drama “The Mythical Realm”! They’re currently in talks for this drama as stated on the poster

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1