Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

On 11/11/2017 at 11:18 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Last chapter of In-Laws and Outlaws ready for viewing... if you haven't already received notification for it that is. I really hoped you enjoyed it as I personally enjoyed heaping loads of yummy XingYue goodness.

I'm taking a break from writing during the busy Christmas-New Year period. Although I made the mistake of rewatching PA for research and now I have this ridiculous urge to do a retrospective on aspects of it. Not the whole thing... I'm not completely nuts yet.

Thank you for posting this.... I have enjoyed it immensely and how you weeded out the plots to tie them all together!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2017 at 10:58 AM, rampantwolfhound said:

Chapter 13 is up at FFN and AO3. It features interruptions, surprise guests, translation and fic updates at the bottom...oh, yeah, and a XingYue proposal. Almost forgot that one:wink:. Enjoy.

Ive enjoyed reading your writing and how its tackle  from a different angle.... Imagine all those misunderstandings getting cleared up huh... and most of it was not even mentioned in the drama... No wonder Chu Qiao was so clueless.... hahaha I mean maybe she was suppose to have telepathic powers? LOL... who knows!  Anyways keep up the wonderful writing.  Looking forward to more surprises in the fanfiction!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rainmaker5 said:

I am a new user to this site and have enjoyed some very colorful insights into this drama.  I have actually watched and its been about a week now and somewhat finished watching it.... lots of unanswered questions and sloppy way it ended really!

My first Cdrama was Nirvana in Fire-- absolutely loved it because the objective was met and very little damage to the massess he still had his humanity in check-- though a grave injustice was done to him and his family and men.  I would say the guy suffered more in this drama because of the physical transformation( Poison of the Bitter Flames) he had to go through--- yikes!!!  I faithfully watched every episode!

As for this drama-- I was into it from the beginning but the towards the middle... I have to admit I skipped through alot... until the few episodes towards the end.  I wanted them to touch base more on her background, hers was fascinating because of the immense power she seems to have possessed.

Yuwen Yue's character caught my attention more because of his personality-- just cool and calm under pressure .  I mean the guy was literelly shouldering the burden of family and country-- politically, economically and military wise.  And this was really drilled into him from a young age.  A genius, military strategist, skilled martial artists.... 

Yan Xun on the other hand, he reminds of me a typical rich kid who is very easy going-- like the cares of the world passes him by and just brushes off his shoulder-- the moment tragic hits him..... he goes to one extreme of the spectrum by beginning Darkseid!!!!  Hence why I brought up Nirvana in Fire--- their approach to revenge was night and day!  YX's form of revenge was petty and unfulfilling-- there was no triumph .... HIS main objective was killing the people... NOT killing the King... if he wanted to kill the king.. he shouldve hauled his behind to the castle and while they are all doing their rituals... when he gets close to the King... slit his throat!  

YX's father ... for a man who was best friends with the king... he sure was an idiot...and a general at that!  Didnt he put protective measures in place the MOMENT the king called for all the Princes to be "hostages"?  And that was many years of planning because YX was raised in the palace.  I mean HELLO--thats a clear indication of psychotic breakdown from this King!!!

Hi @rainmaker5

Welcome to Soompi and thank you for telling me what it was that you enjoyed about In-Laws and Outlaws. As a writer of fanfics, it always helps me to know what exactly is it that people like about a story so that I can file away the information for a later day.

I'm not sure what your experience of C-dramas have been but after several years of solidly watching C-dramas, it's my conclusion that NIF is most likely an anomaly. Everything came together... a great storyline, good script, great plotting, great acting, great characters etc... There aren't too many dramas that really get the balance right or have it fined tuned to that level. A lot of them, it seems to me are badly served by poor editing and/or strict censorship rules. There are lots of good ideas out there but they don't always translate well or they don't execute well for one reason or another. There's a sense too that many of these dramas lapse into safe places... cliches and tropes... because at the end of the day dramas are consumer products and showrunners are always looking for that holy grail of what brings audiences in in large numbers.

As you've probably guessed from reading my fanfic that we share the same sentiments regarding Yuwen Yue. :D To me he was the voice of sanity throughout the entire show. The guy took his responsibilities seriously and was practically doing a juggling act the entire time behind the scenes trying to be many things to many people. His arc was less showy but much needed as a breath of fresh air to all the bloodthirsty nutjobs all around him. :wink:

As for Yan Xun, it isn't that I necessarily object to his need for vengeance or the trajectory he chose to go down but the fact that while he was highly intelligent he didn't have the big picture in mind. He was quite naive... or idealistic on some level thinking that he could keep himself out of politics altogether. It is my view that he and Chun'er weren't all that dissimilar in that regard. I know people threw invectives at her and yet they sympathized with him but essentially they were driven by very similar perspectives. They both wanted to be free to do their own thing without wanting to play the game and that was always a mistake. Even when he finally got out, his vengeance was motivated by that same naivete of believing that he didn't have to do politics with these people but to eliminate them all. By that time of course his bloodlust had taken over and he was on the vengeance spiral.

The difference in NIF is that Mei Chang Su knew that politics was crucial to his revenge and taking down a corrupt superstructure with relatively little violence. There were casualties undoubtedly (loss of trust) but it was like taking a cataract knife to a festering problem. Whereas Yan Xun was doing the whole scorched earth thing and dragging innocent civilians from even his own country of birth into the mix. Yan Xun didn't know how to do politics even when he went back to Yanbei as it was all about "kill, kill, kill" rather than manoeuvre. Sure I had sympathy for him... up to a point but if you can't do politics, you can't rule even if you manage to kill all the baddies. That's why in civilized societies we do politics to deal with our differences, otherwise we'd be killing each other with a drop of the hat.

There's a great scene in the first episode of PA that has YX asking YWY about how to help him get out of not having Chun'er host his birthday celebration. That to me encapsulates his personality perfectly. He chose to avoid having to deal with the "tedious" political stuff and left all that to his friend. Just that brief moment showed such a crucial difference in their worldview that had serious ramifications down the track. Same thing too later on... when he gets Cheng Yuan to do all his dirty work for him or why he never punished Cheng Yuan for doing all the dirty work because in reality he was in tacit agreement with all his dirty deeds. Cheng Yuan was him by proxy... because he knew full well that A'Chu would never approve his Big Plan when she found out what it was.

Anyway, I'm writing a retrospective of the show on my blog so I won't give everything away here. :tongue:

Thanks for dropping by. Lovely to hear from you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Hi @rainmaker5

Welcome to Soompi and thank you for telling me what it was that you enjoyed about In-Laws and Outlaws. As a writer of fanfics, it always helps me to know what exactly is it that people like about a story so that I can file away the information for a later day.

I'm not sure what your experience of C-dramas have been but after several years of solidly watching C-dramas, it's my conclusion that NIF is most likely an anomaly. Everything came together... a great storyline, good script, great plotting, great acting, great characters etc... There aren't too many dramas that really get the balance right or have it fined tuned to that level. A lot of them, it seems to me are badly served by poor editing and/or strict censorship rules. There are lots of good ideas out there but they don't always translate well or they don't execute well for one reason or another. There's a sense too that many of these dramas lapse into safe places... cliches and tropes... because at the end of the day dramas are consumer products and showrunners are always looking for that holy grail of what brings audiences in in large numbers.

As you've probably guessed from reading my fanfic that we share the same sentiments regarding Yuwen Yue. :D To me he was the voice of sanity throughout the entire show. The guy took his responsibilities seriously and was practically doing a juggling act the entire time behind the scenes trying to be many things to many people. His arc was less showy but much needed as a breath of fresh air to all the bloodthirsty nutjobs all around him. :wink:

As for Yan Xun, it isn't that I necessarily object to his need for vengeance or the trajectory he chose to go down but the fact that while he was highly intelligent he didn't have the big picture in mind. He was quite naive... or idealistic on some level thinking that he could keep himself out of politics altogether. It is my view that he and Chun'er weren't all that dissimilar in that regard. I know people threw invectives at her and yet they sympathized with him but essentially they were driven by very similar perspectives. They both wanted to be free to do their own thing without wanting to play the game and that was always a mistake. Even when he finally got out, his vengeance was motivated by that same naivete of believing that he didn't have to do politics with these people but to eliminate them all. By that time of course his bloodlust had taken over and he was on the vengeance spiral.

The difference in NIF is that Mei Chang Su knew that politics was crucial to his revenge and taking down a corrupt superstructure with relatively little violence. There were casualties undoubtedly (loss of trust) but it was like taking a cataract knife to a festering problem. Whereas Yan Xun was doing the whole scorched earth thing and dragging innocent civilians from even his own country of birth into the mix. Yan Xun didn't know how to do politics even when he went back to Yanbei as it was all about "kill, kill, kill" rather than manoeuvre. Sure I had sympathy for him... up to a point but if you can't do politics, you can't rule even if you manage to kill all the baddies. That's why in civilized societies we do politics to deal with our differences, otherwise we'd be killing each other with a drop of the hat.

There's a great scene in the first episode of PA that has YX asking YWY about how to help him get out of not having Chun'er host his birthday celebration. That to me encapsulates his personality perfectly. He chose to avoid having to deal with the "tedious" political stuff and left all that to his friend. Just that brief moment showed such a crucial difference in their worldview that had serious ramifications down the track. Same thing too later on... when he gets Cheng Yuan to do all his dirty work for him or why he never punished Cheng Yuan for doing all the dirty work because in reality he was in tacit agreement with all his dirty deeds. Cheng Yuan was him by proxy... because he knew full well that A'Chu would never approve his Big Plan when she found out what it was.

Anyway, I'm writing a retrospective of the show on my blog so I won't give everything away here. :tongue:

Thanks for dropping by. Lovely to hear from you.

Bravo..... thanks for your added feedback.  Ummm let me see NIF is/was my first C drama and PA is my second.... so I am glad I caught the "anomaly" first and foremost.  I might be using NIF as which to measure all Cdramas.... and according to you.... I guess I wont be watching much of the Cdramas.... hahaha!

Interesting you should mention their similar personalities-- YX and Chun'er because I also thought the same thing as well.  It was abit mind bloggling how absolutely one track minded she was-- but as it progressed on, I began to somewhat understand her madness.  Though that scene where she steals the military seal and commands 150,000 soldiers for her revenge on Chu Qiao .... well that was abit far fectched for me.  

I look forward to more of your fanficts then.  I have not read the book at all so my opinions are based solely on the drama itself.  I try not to judge the context of the show by my own western views, rather I try to understand the mind of the writer in terms of the message it conveys.  Since I skipped alot of the parts of the show..... hahaha I will make a more valiant effort to go watch it and make note of the nuances of their facial expressions.... see the bigger picture!

For a show that is titled after our heroine-- she took more of a backseat in this one.  I mean yes she was doing her part in fighting and what not-- but her story was barely touched upon.  Are those supernatural powers she posses with that tattoo on her back?  Her mother seemed to have fought against slavery, a champion of the downtrodden.  Chu Qiao was fighting her own battles of the conscience and the choices she was making..... so she wasnt yet ready to take on the mantle set by her mother.

I felt like Mr. Darkseid didnt have an inner turmoil about his course of action... I think I am most annoyed with him because of the way he carried out his thirst for revenge ( I am being unfair by comparing his methods to that of Mei Changsu-- I cant help it).  It just served only a temporary repository for a well full of hatred!  It was sloppy at best in my opinion!  YX all raw emotions + Chu Qiao impulsive nature, was the catalyst for a destructive almost all out war.  They did not see the bigger picture-- very shortsighted.  And Chu Qiao to add to her EARLIER anmesia, she also had amnesia when it came to all that YY taught her... haha... like unbelievable!!

Thanks for the welcome!  I am glad i have a place I can come and give out my 2 pennies of thoughts!!

2 hours ago, rainmaker5 said:

Bravo..... thanks for your added feedback.  Ummm let me see NIF is/was my first C drama and PA is my second.... so I am glad I caught the "anomaly" first and foremost.  I might be using NIF as which to measure all Cdramas.... and according to you.... I guess I wont be watching much of the Cdramas.... hahaha!

Please, don't let me prevent you from watching from more C dramas. :o Hehehe... :D All I was saying was that NIF was in a class all by itself. There are many other decent C dramas but not necessarily of the same calibre. There are also good ones that don't get subbed. The next one you should watch that I highly recommend is Vigilantes in Masks (sometimes called Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei). The subs are very good and you'll get good background info. I also liked Three Kingdoms (2010) but it's over 90 episodes. It gives a nice overview of the Three Kingdoms period although some people complain that it doesn't cover some key battles/events. There are other historical dramas like The Battle of Changsha (WW2) and The Disguiser that have rated well with audiences.

My biggest problem with most C dramas are the endings. I don't know how many times I've waded through a drama and the ending turns out to be a WTH moment.

PA started off well and then got pretty good but once Marquise and his family get the chop, it was all about YX and his revenge which overshadowed everything. Then it was Chun'er and her revenge...  All of the elements of a good drama were there but it wasn't put together as well as it could have been. Of course the last 10 episodes were pretty spotty with some odd references to minor characters that go nowhere. It seems now on hindsight that at least a third of PA was some kind of preamble to another season. But what's laughable is that they didn't lock the actors into another season. Feels like there was some serious mismanagement going on.

I also think that YX was a bit of a caricature towards the end. If you've read my fanfic, you'll know what I think of drama YX. :tongue:

I haven't read the novel either. I've only read synopsis and extracts of the novel posted around the web. 

• Like 2

Since I am playing catch up with this drama-- some of my thoughts on it would be... that one scene where YX questions YY in prison if he knew about the plotting of the King and YY lamely (you can see his turmoil) when he weakly replies( paraphrasing) "I tried to hint at it many times" and YX retorts back with so much concealed anger...(paraphrasing)" 10 years of friendship and all you can do is hint"?  In this context-- yeah I can totally get it and my heart breaks for YX because a frienship he treasured so much-- it was like..gone up in smoke!  Its like he didnt really know his friend!  IF I remember correctly even YY also questions himself( I wonder if he does that alot) but considering his personality and profession in life-- he is very decisive and executes  things with precision-- no or little room for error!

I am starting to reading some of the synopsis as well online and going into some of the sites that expounds more on the story.  

Its weird because this drama was gaining so much traction-- I dont know why they didnt use that to their advantage-- the TV corporations.. the Big Wigs of these entertainment business.  No kidding about poor management decisions and very shotty production.  I dont know the actress but the main lead.... thats why I recognized him.... Swordmaster is one of my fav martial arts shows and Ive watched it many times.... Of course even Detective Dee!  I dont know what the deal is with the Season 2-- so I wont even bother asking... hahaha!  NIF is having a season 2 and I am not so sure if I will watch it--- !

3 hours ago, rainmaker5 said:

Since I am playing catch up with this drama-- some of my thoughts on it would be... that one scene where YX questions YY in prison if he knew about the plotting of the King and YY lamely (you can see his turmoil) when he weakly replies( paraphrasing) "I tried to hint at it many times" and YX retorts back with so much concealed anger...(paraphrasing)" 10 years of friendship and all you can do is hint"?  In this context-- yeah I can totally get it and my heart breaks for YX because a frienship he treasured so much-- it was like..gone up in smoke!  Its like he didnt really know his friend!  IF I remember correctly even YY also questions himself( I wonder if he does that alot) but considering his personality and profession in life-- he is very decisive and executes  things with precision-- no or little room for error!

Sure. From Yan Xun's point of view, I can see all of that and understand that he felt betrayed. But even if YWY came right out and told him that his father's life was in danger, would that have changed anything? What could YX have done? Go to the emperor and create more problems for himself? YX's reasonably perceptive even if he chose to close one eye to all political machinations around him. He should have gotten the hints that something was not right. Yan Shi Cheng's position was always precarious, that's why Yan Xun volunteered to go to Chang'an to protect his father as hostage. The king's paranoia was well-known. Even the Liang spies knew it and used it to help heighten tensions.

It's very easy to sympathize with Yan Xun because he lost his entire family in a single day. He was a victim and just as Chun'er was the victim when she was raped. But almost everyone agrees that her own blindness about Yan Xun was in part the cause of her own downfall. Why don't we think the same with regards to Yan Xun? He grew up in Chang'an, the seat of political power in Wei mixing it up with the nobles. He had no excuse not to have any kind of finger on the pulse of what goes on except he chose not to be involved. Like Chun'er, personal happiness was his number one goal.

I'm not saying he was responsible for his family's death by any stretch of the imagination... that's all on the emperor... but to blame his friend for something he should have been able to pick up on his own, is quite unfair. However, I understand that he wasn't thinking rationally there and then. As a whole I don't think YX thinks rationally until the last episode.

That said, I think YWY did feel bad about not doing more but he too had his own difficulties.

On 13/11/2017 at 1:36 PM, rainmaker5 said:

My first Cdrama was Nirvana in Fire-- absolutely loved it because the objective was met and very little damage to the massess he still had his humanity in check-- though a grave injustice was done to him and his family and men.  I would say the guy suffered more in this drama because of the physical transformation( Poison of the Bitter Flames) he had to go through--- yikes!!!  I faithfully watched every episode!

:( I might be the only one in the cdrama world that is having a hard time finishing Nirvana in Fire... I like it but I think Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms spoiled a lot of cdramas for me...  I was actually surprised that I loved PA but I'm sure at the beginning it was mostly because I was following all of Zhao Li Ying's dramas,  now I'm obsessed with it reading the translations and fanfics. 

I think the other cdrama that really got me was Love O2O  :(, but I seriously want to enjoy Nirvana in Fire like I enjoyed the other ones but it seems like it's just not my thing. I'm still on episode  20 after more than a month since I started watching it, not sure why. On the other hand I bingewatched Journey of Flower and Ten Miles in one week... so maybe I just need to give it a chance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Satynne said:

:( I might be the only one in the cdrama world that is having a hard time finishing Nirvana in Fire... I like it but I think Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms spoiled a lot of cdramas for me...  I was actually surprised that I loved PA but I'm sure at the beginning it was mostly because I was following all of Zhao Li Ying's dramas,  now I'm obsessed with it reading the translations and fanfics. 

I think the other cdrama that really got me was Love O2O  :(, but I seriously want to enjoy Nirvana in Fire like I enjoyed the other ones but it seems like it's just not my thing. I'm still on episode  20 after more than a month since I started watching it, not sure why. On the other hand I bingewatched Journey of Flower and Ten Miles in one week... so maybe I just need to give it a chance. 

Oh I totally agree with you about NIF in terms of weaving through the confusion in the beginning but I really had to discipline myself and see for myself what it was about.... I can't honestly tell you how everything seemed to have clicked to me and then I was hooked ever since.... surprising enough... I never skipped on any episodes!!  In hindsight though, I think what appealed to me was the approach of masterful and artful planning of revenge--it reminded me of those many other Chinese martial arts movies of how describe the flow of the ying and yang and moves are like the streams, the winds, etc..  I also loved the fact that yes, they did have strong women-- not the whinny ones in the court that are schemers and treacherous sociopaths.  Dont get me wrong... yes Chu Qiao was a strong woman with her martial arts abilities.... it did little to show for her brilliance though... she was catering more to the whims of Yun Xan than being independant of his revenge and focusing on HER true destiny.

I like PA enough but I am not as invested in the show as I was with NIF..... however, I am beginning to reevaluate my opinions on it as I read up on the fanfics and translations of the novel.  I have been seeing lots of others mention that Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, thus far it hasnt reached my level of interest in terms of actually giving into the urge to watching it right now-- perhaps later on.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, rainmaker5 said:

Oh I totally agree with you about NIF in terms of weaving through the confusion in the beginning but I really had to discipline myself and see for myself what it was about.... I can't honestly tell you how everything seemed to have clicked to me and then I was hooked ever since.... surprising enough... I never skipped on any episodes!!  In hindsight though, I think what appealed to me was the approach of masterful and artful planning of revenge--it reminded me of those many other Chinese martial arts movies of how describe the flow of the ying and yang and moves are like the streams, the winds, etc..  I also loved the fact that yes, they did have strong women-- not the whinny ones in the court that are schemers and treacherous sociopaths.  Dont get me wrong... yes Chu Qiao was a strong woman with her martial arts abilities.... it did little to show for her brilliance though... she was catering more to the whims of Yun Xan than being independant of his revenge and focusing on HER true destiny.

I like PA enough but I am not as invested in the show as I was with NIF..... however, I am beginning to reevaluate my opinions on it as I read up on the fanfics and translations of the novel.  I have been seeing lots of others mention that Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, thus far it hasnt reached my level of interest in terms of actually giving into the urge to watching it right now-- perhaps later on.

I will try to do that  and give it a chance.  I like the visuals so that already gives it points for me! 

I highly recommend Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms and as for strong women  I think you will like Bai Qian! (Maybe not Su Su but well...)  For that one you might want to give it a chance till about episode 30 where we get to the actual story (yet you need to know the background information of the first 30 episodes to understand what's going on).  For that one after I read the book I saw that the writers did such a great job with the script, it's like if you read the novel and a bit of the pillow books. :)  

OMG, NIF is THE best drama that I had ever seen. Nothing beat how everything were perfectly executed. No cheesy corny moments, every single small thing perfectly done. I can list down my praises for NIF in 5 pages long. 

While PA the only thing that kept me watching was YWY-XE tandem. The rest were hot mess, I can list down my complaints about how bad was PA in 10 pages or more.... :lol:

Regarding Peach Blossom, IF only I watched it before PA I am sure I will love it but PA spoiled every single drama love team for me. No one can beat the degree of chemistry between ZLY-LGX.

• Like 4

I didn't read all the posts but if we are talking about good cdramas, I have to agree that the weakness of most is the ending. I have the same problem with kdramas and with US Tv shows (the story is dragged over seasons but after a while it loses all purposes and 90% of endings are super weak and wth moments).

However, there are those exceptions that make it worthwhile in the end. I don't need a happy ending, just something that makes me think it was worth watching. 

My personal favorites: 

Scarlett Heart

Nirvana in Fire

Journey of Flower

Boss & Me

My Sunshine

Autumn's Concerto ( a melodrama but I enjoyed it)

Legend of LuZhen (got me into cdramas)

Ode to Joy (first season only, dont even bother with the second one imo)

PA ( I enjoyed it even if I am mad at how it ended so I give it that)

The Mystic Nine (Enjoyed bc OTP but could have been better without some editing) 

17 hours ago, Satynne said:

It was hard for me to get into Nirvana. At first, it feels a bit all over the place with all these different people thrown at you. But after a while it gets better and then you are hooked. For me the best thing about Nirvana is the cinematography. It was just so beautiful and I had never thought about it before, but Nirvana made me think of angles and how much thought went behind each shot. 

Journey of Flowers and Ten Miles are my favorite xianxias. The best of that genre imo. 

I did enjoy Novoland as another good xianxia so I am excited about Tribes and Empires, which takes place in the same world. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cenching said:

Regarding Peach Blossom, IF only I watched it before PA I am sure I will love it but PA spoiled every single drama love team for me. No one can beat the degree of chemistry between ZLY-LGX.

That would be the only reason why I'd want another season of PA -- so that we can get loads of ZLY's CQ and LGX's YWY repeating that chemistry and taking it even further. I don't have much confidence in much else but those two should really be in more dramas/movies together.

5 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

It was hard for me to get into Nirvana. At first, it feels a bit all over the place with all these different people thrown at you. But after a while it gets better and then you are hooked. For me the best thing about Nirvana is the cinematography. It was just so beautiful and I had never thought about it before, but Nirvana made me think of angles and how much thought went behind each shot. 

The only reason why I watched NIF was because someone on the internet said it was like The Count of Monte Cristo so I knew what I was in for. (And the Count of Monte Cristo is my favourite revenge story of all time) But I loved the show from the 3rd or 4th episode onwards. The first episode was a little confusing but once MCS started implementing his schemes, it was a great ride.

And of course, I'm a political junkie too. :wink: I love watching people manoeuvre politically.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

That would be the only reason why I'd want another season of PA -- so that we can get loads of ZLY's CQ and LGX's YWY repeating that chemistry and taking it even further. I don't have much confidence in much else but those two should really be in more dramas/movies together.

There was a drama poster in a movies-dramas fair trade in China with their names on it with the words “invited” in parentheses. Hopefully it will push thru....

https://cdramabase.com/2017/09/29/news-corner-autumn-2017-tv-program-trade-fair-zhao-li-ying-and-lin-geng-xin-for-the-mythical-realm-many-more-new-dramas-presented/

61378937_EEA8_42_DB_A27_C_3_FA7_AE331_E5

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2017-09-30/doc-ifymkwwk7296262.shtml

https://movie.douban.com/subject/27124545/

• Like 1

@cenching

I'm praying hard that they do. I don't usually go for xianxia dramas but for them I will. I screamed when I saw the Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu poster. I would love for them to do that instead. They would be sooo good for it. Judging from their fight scenes in PA, if anyone can replicate Damien and Michelle's chemistry, it would be them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cenching said:

OMG, NIF is THE best drama that I had ever seen. Nothing beat how everything were perfectly executed. No cheesy corny moments, every single small thing perfectly done. I can list down my praises for NIF in 5 pages long. 

While PA the only thing that kept me watching was YWY-XE tandem. The rest were hot mess, I can list down my complaints about how bad was PA in 10 pages or more.... :lol:

I'm doing my best trying to get into it :(  even yesterday I watched an episode with an open mind, I like I'm just not that into it.

Oh no I won't get into the trap of talking about our ships :D this would take long... still I think Ye hua/ Bai Qian was just perfection.... but then again we have Zhao Li Ying in PA!!  She's like the goddess of chemistry with her leads, you won't be able to  say that there's no chemistry between the leads when she's the main actress (fangirling) :grimace:  just look at Legend of Zu, awful drama but what saved it for me was the amazing chemistry between WC/ZLY  . 

• Like 2

My issue with PA was the ending is clearly not complete i dont know if it was left open on purpose or something but ending as soon as she awakens her power clearly means s2 right? 

I gave this a 7.5 due to that ending compared to NIF which i gave a 10 because i loved everything about it i hope NIF 2 and Tribes are good. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

PA ( I enjoyed it even if I am mad at how it ended so I give it that)

The Mystic Nine (Enjoyed bc OTP but could have been better without some editing) 

OTP was great on The Mystic Nine, I enjoyed the little moments they had a lot. 

For me the best thing about Nirvana is the cinematography. It was just so beautiful and I had never thought about it before, but Nirvana made me think of angles and how much thought went behind each shot. 

I was just thinking about that on the last episode I saw, it's really god and the music I actually like it a lot, I might have to wait a bit till I get hooked. 

Journey of Flowers and Ten Miles are my favorite xianxias. The best of that genre imo. 

This is right, I still go back to watch the last episode of Journey of Flowers just for how beautiful it was.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The only reason why I watched NIF was because someone on the internet said it was like The Count of Monte Cristo so I knew what I was in for. (And the Count of Monte Cristo is my favourite revenge story of all time)

Ok this got me, I didn't know about that ...but now that I think about it, it makes sense... I will watch it keeping this on mind :) 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@cenching

I'm praying hard that they do. I don't usually go for xianxia dramas but for them I will. I screamed when I saw the Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu poster. I would love for them to do that instead. They would be sooo good for it. Judging from their fight scenes in PA, if anyone can replicate Damien and Michelle's chemistry, it would be them.

XianXia is not my cup of tea too. I have never been able to enjoy a flying group of people in flowy colourful chiffon with colourful beams shoot out from their hands instead of a good old fashion Kung Fu....:lol: Not too mention that China is notoriously bad in movies special effects and CGI.....:crazy: But I will make an exception for LGX-ZLY....:D