[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

6 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

I read that PA won a few awards today including one at Cannes festival, something about world's most popular drama (lol) and another at Asian Film Festival 

d9689c13gy1fkybougbzxj21tm1a74qq.jpg

I really dont understand that this is such a very popular drama, but we never get to see the main couple doing an interview together or join any event together. This is so odd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seyforsey said:

I really dont understand that this is such a very popular drama, but we never get to see the main couple doing an interview together or join any event together. This is so odd.

there was a big fanwar between fandoms after the drama ended and I think that is why they have been avoiding events even if they endorse a few products together. They are trying to calm the waters. They have some upcoming events together. 

I found an article in English. 

This cuts several ways. One is China. The Wit will highlight China’s “Princess Agents,” aired from June 5 on Hunan TV, and now said to be the most-watched TV drama of all time in China, with 50 billion views on streaming sights. Based on an online novel, and set during the Northern Wei period of 386 to 534, “Princess Agents” has been webbed on YouTube for free “to conquer the world as Korea did in the past,” Villegas said.

He added: “Even if not so many companies are yet buying Chinese series, and they are not so innovative from a writing point of view, they’re growing online for Asian communities around the world. I think in years to come they will manage to go mainstream.”

http://variety.com/2017/film/global/mipcom-china-nordic-noir-dilution-social-issue-drama-the-wit-tv-fiction-1202586867/

also this one

http://www.asiaone.com/world/russians-fall-love-chinese-drama

http://www.ecns.cn/2017/09-29/275759.shtml

• Like 4

Hellooooooo ladies...... awfully long time...... was browsing YT and ended up watching most of XingYue scenes.....Any news or update on a second seasons or any other form of collaboration they are doing together?...... I still haven't watched the last epi fully..... as i'd rather have something to look fwd to than nothing at all..... but I really loved the moment  YX says "Achu the whole of Yanbei and I aren't equal to one Yuwen Yue?":heart: The producers got that bit on point!:D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, velvetsnowflake17 said:

Hellooooooo ladies...... awfully long time...... was browsing YT and ended up watching most of XingYue scenes.....Any news or update on a second seasons or any other form of collaboration they are doing together?...... I still haven't watched the last epi fully..... as i'd rather have something to look fwd to than nothing at all..... but I really loved the moment  YX says "Achu the whole of Yanbei and I aren't equal to one Yuwen Yue?":heart: The producers got that bit on point!:D

T_T No news of PA 2. I would suggest you visit the Lin Geng Xin & Zhao Li Ying shipping thread and their individual threads to read about their most updated news. On Oct 29th they collaborated together for The Lost Town. They looked extremely gorgeous together. Here’s a pic from the most recent ZLY/LGX collab:DE631DB3-701F-4CFE-ABFE-44E70BA9B5CD_zps

I was so heartbroken from PA, this recent event redeemed a bit of that sorrow. Lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful to see people still posting on this thread and updating info regarding PA.

Good to see @mrsyooknit back here. 

@Nina Bina -- What a gorgeous photo of the leads. They look so good together. Could you tell me what The Lost Town is?

Chapter 15 of In-Laws and Outlaws has been uploaded for your reading pleasure. I can only hope it is a pleasure. :wink:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Nina Bina said:

@40somethingahjumma From my understanding it’s the launch of a interactive game/mini movie  ZLY and LGX endorses together. Even after PA they still continue to collaborate with endorsements. There are quite a few.

I found the video on YT and yes it's an interactive first person role play game. ZLY plays a female swordfighter and LGX is scholar that the player can interact with. Sort of like Choose Your Own Adventure.

• Like 3

Hi! So... I'm a simple person, I read a rumor and get excited about it before I can confirm anything. Anybody knows about this rumor that PA2 has been confirmed and they are only replacing Li Qin?  Is it a trap?.... Is it real?... I need to know... 

why hasnt the novel been translated yet? 

10 hours ago, Satynne said:

Hi! So... I'm a simple person, I read a rumor and get excited about it before I can confirm anything. Anybody knows about this rumor that PA2 has been confirmed and they are only replacing Li Qin?  Is it a trap?.... Is it real?... I need to know... 

has not been confirmed but not denied either. 

• Like 1

Last chapter of In-Laws and Outlaws ready for viewing... if you haven't already received notification for it that is. I really hoped you enjoyed it as I personally enjoyed heaping loads of yummy XingYue goodness.

I'm taking a break from writing during the busy Christmas-New Year period. Although I made the mistake of rewatching PA for research and now I have this ridiculous urge to do a retrospective on aspects of it. Not the whole thing... I'm not completely nuts yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1