[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

Episode 22 thoughts...

It feels like the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Oh boy... the emperor is really in a bad way. The man has serious, serious mental health issues and the people of Wei are in strife. His soliloquy to the Duke of Ding's corpse is rather disturbing to say the least. Yuwen Huai doesn't seem altogether of sound mind either. He delivered his own soliloquy in front of sadistic grandpa. He's always been cruel and callous but now I think we can add unhinged to that list.

That guy is just too lucky quite frankly. He needs to be dead... like yesterday.

Watching this episode and the one before, I wonder if it's better to be those who are captured rather than those who are watching helplessly with their hands tied behind their backs. It feels so unjust... the Duke/Marquis didn't even get a chance to explain himself... and yet there's no one who can stand up to the emperor. Shouldn't someone poison his tea or arrange for him to have... I dunno... an accident?

Don't strike me dead but I thought YX and X'er were quite delightful in the prison scene. It was one of the few bright spots in a dark episode. (Although it leaves me wondering how reliably built the prison walls are) Of course I'm still rooting for YWY and XE but hey, YX is just ridiculously charming especially when he was trying to work out what he should be calling XE/CQ while attempting to warm her hands. 

Despite YX being a warm hearted, expressive guy, I'm always much more in awe of YWY. To me YWY is a very great man and the best part about him is that he loves X'er so much that all he wants is for her to live. It doesn't matter how or with whom... as long as she survives to fight another day. It doesn't matter if he's seen to be the bad guy or that he doesn't get any credit for saving X'er as long as the bigger goal is achieved. I don't think at this point he sees it as any kind of self-sacrifice not to be acknowledged but logically and pragmatically he can set aside his own desires or reputation if it means keeping the people he cares about safe. I imagine he's been doing that practically all his life anyway.

I think this is why I root for him and why as @cenching says we're more upset for him than for XE. 

Appreciate the comments from @Bella-Chimura @cenching @Christiana Chan. Happy to hear that you enjoyed reading my last post. It was fun to do.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Episode 22 thoughts...

It feels like the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Oh boy... the emperor is really in a bad way. The man has serious, serious mental health issues and the people of Wei are in strife. His soliloquy to the Duke of Ding's corpse is rather disturbing to say the least. Yuwen Huai doesn't seem altogether of sound mind either. He delivered his own soliloquy in front of sadistic grandpa. He's always been cruel and callous but now I think we can add unhinged to that list.

That guy is just too lucky quite frankly. He needs to be dead... like yesterday.

Watching this episode and the one before, I wonder if it's better to be those who are captured rather than those who are watching helplessly with their hands tied behind their backs. It feels so unjust... the Duke/Marquis didn't even get a chance to explain himself... and yet there's no one who can stand up to the emperor. Shouldn't someone poison his tea or arrange for him to have... I dunno... an accident?

Don't strike me dead but I thought YX and X'er were quite delightful in the prison scene. It was one of the few bright spots in a dark episode. (Although it leaves me wondering how reliably built the prison walls are) Of course I'm still rooting for YWY and XE but hey, YX is just ridiculously charming especially when he was trying to work out what he should be calling XE/CQ while attempting to warm her hands. 

Despite YX being a warm hearted, expressive guy, I'm always much more in awe of YWY. To me YWY is a very great man and the best part about him is that he loves X'er so much that all he wants is for her to live. It doesn't matter how or with whom... as long as she survives to fight another day. It doesn't matter if he's seen to be the bad guy or that he doesn't get any credit for saving X'er as long as the bigger goal is achieved. I don't think at this point he sees it as any kind of self-sacrifice not to be acknowledged but logically and pragmatically he can set aside his desires if the people he cares about are safe. I imagine he's been doing that practically all his life anyway.

I think this is why I root for him and why as @cenching says we're more upset for him than for XE. 

Appreciate the comments from @Bella-Chimura @cenching @Christiana Chan. Happy to hear that you enjoyed reading my last post. It was fun to do.

Yup, what not to love about YWY.....He has this that kind of love that give everything but didn't ask anything in return. As long as XE is happy and well, he is contented. During confrontation scene, his heart stopped when she smashed his bells BUT he feels his heart break more when he sees her pains. For me, the most painful part in love is not when someone you love hurt you  BUT when that same person is in pains and you can do nothing to ease the pains.

• Like 2

IF only YWY is as passionate as YeHua in Peach Blossoms, he needs to only grab her in a hug and kiss her then explain later. So problems SOLVED and we can continue the show with wedding and children and kingdoms conquering in between their free times :grin:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cenching said:

IF only YWY is as passionate as YeHua in Peach Blossoms, he needs to only grab her in a hug and kiss her then explain later. So problems SOLVED and we can continue the show with wedding and children and kingdoms conquering in between their free times :grin:

Yeah! he should just grab her and kiss her~~ tada.. everything settled! 

Noo.. that way this series will finished in only 30 episodes. What will i do with my life then? Nothing i look forward besides PA. I dropped all of anything else just to focus and enjoy this to the fullest. This is the first drama that able to make me sign up for a forum and join a discussion for real. Sounds kinda crazy and i admitted it. lol. Right now i'm satisfied to just hoping and imagining what kind of process their relationship and character building would be. The excitement of this roller coaster of emotion is just begin. :glasses:

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Christiana Chan said:

Noo.. that way this series will finished in only 30 episodes. What will i do with my life then? Nothing i look forward besides PA. I dropped all of anything else just to focus and enjoy this to the fullest. This is the first drama that able to make me sign up for a forum and join a discussion for real. Sounds kinda crazy and i admitted it. lol. Right now i'm satisfied to just hoping and imagining what kind of process their relationship and character building would be. The excitement of this roller coaster of emotion is just begin. :glasses:

haha, i'm the same! i set aside a lot of dramas just so i could solely focus on PA. but then again at this point, i'm just waiting for a reunion between them so i'm putting off watching PA for a while, haha.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, aikmm said:

haha, i'm the same! i set aside a lot of dramas just so i could solely focus on PA. but then again at this point, i'm just waiting for a reunion between them so i'm putting off watching PA for a while, haha.

High five @aikmm:D

The reality is harsh, i'm torn between my desire to saw many more OTP moments, let them kiss director, now! Even just a peck for now its fine. But i also loved to look forward the story of slave liberation, my feminist blood boiling hot. haha. Its just very rare to see female lead being so badass like her, not even in weiyoung or bai qian characterization.

Most of production usually avoid female lead being mean or cruel in their revenge. Their revenge being watered down so much that decrease the passion of revenge. Not that i liked cruel scene but its just less of satisfying feeling. You can see the difference in editing of TV version and engsub version on youtube. Government didn't like cruel n harsh scene to be aired. Thats one reason why i still had high hopes for PA, too many great things to be missed. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@mrsyooknit.... http://www.bilibili.com/video/av11601992/?from=search&seid=12206985424190887211

Do you know the title of the song and the singer... Can't find it anywhere?

like someone else posted it is from Too Late to Say I love You. A good drama, but ohh the pain.

If you like Wallace Chung like me, I recommend it. But warning your heart will suffer so much. 

Here is the translation of the lyrics. I really like the song. (the drama in this FMV is not the same one as Too Late To Say I Love You fyi)

9 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I don't know what the title is, but it's from this drama. I've been waiting on this drama called "Color of the Night," but so far, haven't heard any news if it has aired yet or not. 

It is from Too Late to Say I love You, but both dramas have similar vibe and time period. I read Color of the Night will air this Summer. 

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Episode 22 thoughts...

Despite YX being a warm hearted, expressive guy, I'm always much more in awe of YWY. To me YWY is a very great man and the best part about him is that he loves X'er so much that all he wants is for her to live. It doesn't matter how or with whom... as long as she survives to fight another day. It doesn't matter if he's seen to be the bad guy or that he doesn't get any credit for saving X'er as long as the bigger goal is achieved. I don't think at this point he sees it as any kind of self-sacrifice not to be acknowledged but logically and pragmatically he can set aside his own desires or reputation if it means keeping the people he cares about safe. I imagine he's been doing that practically all his life anyway.

The Emperor does have some mental issues, but I think his train of thought fits with the time. A lot of kingdoms were built and overthrown very easily, usually by people closest to the Emperor. It is his fear and paranoia that leads to him not trusting anyone. However, I think he knows his friend was a good friend but he just couldn't risk it. Even if the Duke didn't want to rebel, the Emperor felt like eventually others could use him to take his power. 

Agree so much with YWY. 

• Like 4

people watch PA on the streets lol 

e122a761gy1fgwm7dkoksj20zn0qodm6.jpg

ZLY and Ni Ju Feng were recording for 72 floors (ZLY is a main cast there). I also think they also recorded Happy Camp a while ago. I am sad that it seems we wont get a Happy Camp special :(

861deec6ly1fgx8v0srrqj20ku0soduj.jpg

the child actor who will play that kid that XE and YWY protect posted a clip on his weibo. It seems he will appear around ep. 30 which means we will get our bathroom scene this week. (probably 30-40 but high chance) :wub:

http://weibo.com/1088349565/F6oeahqAE?type=comment

• Like 4

Read that this actor Xing Shao Lin 刑昭林 (b 1996) once went to auditions for SM entertainment but didn't sign on in the end. The following clip is about him having abit of similar feel as Yang Yang...no offence to the latter's fans.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

people watch PA on the streets lol 

ZLY and Ni Ju Feng were recording for 72 floors (ZLY is a main cast there). I also think they also recorded Happy Camp a while ago. I am sad that it seems we wont get a Happy Camp special :(

the child actor who will play that kid that XE and YWY protect posted a clip on his weibo. It seems he will appear around ep. 30 which means we will get our bathroom scene this week. (probably 30-40 but high chance) :wub:

http://weibo.com/1088349565/F6oeahqAE?type=comment

Wow...even uncles are watching PA too :D I thought the main audience would be ladies. 

Is the bathroom scene not far from the kid's scene? That means our otp is going to reconcile soon. Someone mentioned in this forum that YWY and XE adopted the kid later on. 

• Like 1

LGX is trending #1, idk why (the pains of limited understanding :cry:) but for sure he has become more popular since the drama started airing, the power of YWY

Drama weibo posted this bts compilation, so funny. I like when you can tell the cast and crew got along really well while filming. It creates a really nice atmosphere and it translates over to the drama imo.

http://weibo.com/tv/v/506f705f0fc7a5c2cf5b92f23d0cc7d4?fid=1034:506f705f0fc7a5c2cf5b92f23d0cc7d4

• Like 1

Spoiler
Chapter 99 (part 2)
Nothing can be worse than what he's feeling right now. His body was filthy with blood, sweat and now the sticky soup liquid. Gloominess clouded him as he slowly undressed himself besides the pool. He thought to himself if he can be more careful and don't let the wounds come into contact with the water, it'll be alright. Otherwise, it'll get infected, if it gets infected, it'll cause inflammation, if the wound is inflamed, it'll leave a scar. If it leaves a scar, It'll will be ugly.

"Hey, I get someone to send you some new clean clothes." The bathroom door was suddenly kicked opened! Alarmed, without thinking much, he quickly dived into the pool, followed with a shouts of great fury, "GET THE HELL OUT NOW!"

Yuwen Yue seemed to forget that the bathroom was too steamy for Chu Qiao to see anything at all. Furthermore she was standing at a distance. All she could see is a blurry silhouette jumping into the pool with a splash! Without seeing, she gets a picture of what he's trying to hide. Delighted in his sudden dim-witted moments, she laughed aloud, kindly reminded, "You'd better be more careful. Please make sure you'll not drown in the pool!" Then she turned around and walked out of the bathroom.

His whole body was rinsed wet with water. His wound was not spared as well. Fuming, he tore away the bandage from his shoulder. Clenching his fists tight, he gave a punch on the water's surface, venting out his anger!

Chu Qiao was starving after a day without meals. Without any hesitation, she took  out the dishes from the food container. The chatelain was indeed trying his best to please Yuwen Yue. The dishes were uniquely made and taste delicious. The food container was divided into 3 compartments. The lowest was of burning coals, the middle was of water while the top part was filled with dishes. This helped to heat up the dishes even when one wished to have their meals after late hours. Chu Qiao let out a sigh of relief. Sitting down by the table, she began to eat.

When Yuwen Yue came out from the bathroom, he saw her enjoying her meals. He raised an eyebrow, suppressing his furor. He headed towards her, his face darkened as he make place for himself. "Nothing seems to dampen your spirits, isn't it?" he sneered.

She turned at him smiling sweet as a candy, "For sure, I'm nothing compare to you."

He glared, studying her,"Death is knocking at your door right now! Ignorance sure is a bliss."

Her sweet smiles remained, "Don't you know? A prisoner who's about to be hanged deserves a full meal!"

He leaned forward, his expression foreboding as he spoke. His words slow and clear, "Why are you so sure I'll let you have your ways?"

"I'm not sure," she smiled. "But since you are pretending to be dubious, why do I need to be worried?"

"I'm impressed," he leaned back with a cold smirked. "It seems you've learned a lot from Yan Xun these few years."

"Thanks to you. I have nothing but great patience."

Candlelights flickered. The night was hazy. Both of them were looking at each other haughtily. Neither one willing to back off.

As time flies, her smiles disappeared, her calm composure waned. Her eyes looked intensely at his devilishly good looks. "Yuwen, what exactly do you want?! Just name it!"

He choked a laugh, winking, "Guess."

In a split second, a loud crash was heard. Both who were still sitting peacefully a while ago, jumped to their feet ready to finish what have been left out! In lightning speed, they advanced together. Their bodies colliding with force, their arms locking each other at close combat. The weapon hiding in her wrist was now clutched in her hands, darted out at him, reaching out for his throat! 

With incredible speed, two figures span about the room, colliding in force. Just when one managed to take control of the other by the wrist, the quickly retaliate with the other hand. Within seconds, the weapon was darting out at the other party's throat at the same time!

Time froze. One minute. Two minutes. Few more minutes...

Their weapon remained on the other party's throat without the intention to slit the flesh opened. In a sudden move, both parties span and changed their standing position, glaring at one another.

It's undeniable that they were too cautious of one another. They have never been able to put down their enmity, which was why, he found the small decorating knife in the bathroom, while she got the knife in the bedroom. Both of them hid their weapons for unexpected circumstances as such.

"Yuwen Yue, let me go. Otherwise..." her eyes narrowed as she spoke in a low tone, "kill me then."

The corner of his mouth lifted, "Xing er, in this world it's not only black and white. There are some place which is in grey color. Options doesn't have to be only two in numbers."

"Between you and me, we only have 2 choices."

Chu Qiao looked into his eyes, her tone serious, "I'm grateful that you saved me and didn't kill me for numerous times, but that doesn't mean we can stay in peace in one another's presence. Yuwen Yue, you are the noble from the royal family of great  power and immense authority. Why are you so naive as to believe that I would not harm you?"

He laughed aloud, " Xing er, do you really think I'm so softhearted and not willing to rid you off?"

His expression became wickedly sinister. He leveled his icy gaze at her and said,"I know you well. Just because Yan Xun was good to you, you felt indebted to him and be with him through life or death for the past eight years. And now, how could you kill someone whom has let you slip through the door of death numerous times? Xing er, I'm not a reckless person. It's just that I understand you too well!"

Cold wind spinning eerily in the air. There were sparks in the tension of their gaze.

"You are not afraid if this is a mistake?"

"We are evenly match, Xing er. I believe in you but I trust my own instinct."

"What do you want then?" Chu Qiao asked, wetting her dry lips.

"Captured and leave with you," he said with firm assurance.

"You will not able to control me."

"Xing er, haven't I told you before that I loves challenges?" he laughed. "If I can't control you, I'll tame you. If I can't tame you, I'll lock you up. If that too doesn't work, I'll be leaving only with one choice. And right now, it's still too early to opt for that final choice."

Chi Qiao lifted up her head and look at him in the eye. Her voice somber, "Yuwen, til now you still do not understand what's your mistake."

His smiled cynically."Mistakes? They are only slaves. what wrong is that to kill a few?"

"I'm not referring to this," she frowned, sighing heavily as she looked at him. "Allright, I admit that I do not want to kill you and do not want to be your enemy as well. I hated you at first, but the hate has gradually fading off as time passes by. We are in the era where our principles are different. What you are doing is something I can't comment. Moreover, I'm indebted to you. When Yuwen xi was killed, you have not informed the authorities eventhough you know my whereabouts. For this, I'm grateful.

But you must understand, now you are aristocrat from Da Liang Yuwen's family while I'm the leader of the rebels from Yan bei. We are at war now. We have different principles to uphold. We are opponents and we'll confront at war someday. That's why we can't have too much strings attached. Now I'm captured by you, if you want to kill me, I've no complaints. But you should understand, before this door opens and your troops barge in, I've the chance to perish together with you! I'll not surrender. I'll have to make everything clear to you as I despise any strings attached. Yan bei and Da Liang are at adversary as we know. There isn't any advantage in this matter. I hope that you can analyze from the point of family's name and the interest of both parties. Whether you want to kill me or free me, just make your decisions quick!"

Chapter 99- part 2. :)

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, cenching said:

@mrsyooknit...aaaaarrrggghhhh!!!! Bathroom scenes!!!! So YWH will be kill next week by XE, whooohooo!!!

wait she kill YWH before the bathroom scene? 

3 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

Read that this actor Xing Shao Lin 刑昭林 (b 1996) once went to auditions for SM entertainment but didn't sign on in the end. The following clip is about him having abit of similar feel as Yang Yang...no offence to the latter's fans.

I saw that about SM. I think he was almost in EXO. I see the YangYang similarity in some pics. 

1 minute ago, pawla said:

Wow...even uncles are watching PA too :D I thought the main audience would be ladies. 

Is the bathroom scene not far from the kid's scene? That means our otp is going to reconcile soon. Someone mentioned in this forum that YWY and XE adopted the kid later on. 

The kid is a few chapters after the bathroom chapter. 

• Like 1

@cenching it's not far from revealing his feelings if we are at the children saving scene. By the way, I remember somewhere in the book, it mentions that the whole world knows that he likes her. It's only her who's living in denial. 

@Bella-chimura you r welcome :wink:

• Like 4