[Variety 2016] Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village S3 삼시세끼 어촌편 시즌3

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 LEE SEOJIN, THE GRUMPY SEOJINI HAS CHANGED + SHINHWA ERIC MENTIONED

[Edaily starin Kim Yoonji] The taste of the same dish tastes different with different ingredients, same with variety shows. Same format but different casts makes the vibe and the fun different. Cable channel tvN Variety program ‘Three Meals A Day’ is also giving fresh new laugh with different casts.

The obvious change on ‘Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village’ is Lee Seojin. Lee Seojin from the Jungsun season often described as the grumpy and complaining. He complained directly to the producer Na Youngsuk’s ‘schemes’, and also claimed advance salary. He preferred going to town since he is the ‘city man’, and was not keen on the labor. The scenes he squabbled with Na PD were like scenes from ‘Tom and Jerry’. But the funny part is that he still did whatever he was directed to do.

But Lee Seojin now became active and positive on Fishing Village 3. It has been a fresh scene for ‘3 Meals’ viewers to watch Lee Seojin happily going to the mudflat at 11pm to get clams for Vongole pasta for their lunch the next day. Lee Seojin from Jungsun season made a big talk about “This show is going to fail”. He was that negative. But in Fishing Village 3 he has being so passionate for the tasty meals. Especially in this season, we can see Lee Seojin working passionately such as cooking rice, making saury stew, or handling the ingredients.

There’s Eric in the middle of all the changes. Starting with potato sujebi, he makes tasty foods every meal. And Lee Seojin shows his great satisfaction as you can see on his dimples. It’s a great change considering the fact that he was small-eater in Jungsun. He even suggested “Let’s open up a restaurant” to Eric.

Eric casually stimulates others to work. He brings canned saury for Lee Seojin to make his specialty stew, and gives Lee Seojin a knife as a gift because he likes tools. Eric asks Lee Seojin to take care of the ingredients saying “We need you”. We can see how he has been Shinwha’s Leader for 18 years.

Na PD’s reaction to these two is also a funny part. To Lee Seojin being happy with the gifted knife from Eric, he makes a teasing comment “Ha, tools again”. He gulps the foods when Lee Seojin compliments Eric’s dishes. Na PD was trying to sneak out from the money deal for collecting 10 different species in aquarium, but gets flustered when Eric calls him out. Lee Seojin grumpy but doing his job, quiet but not easy Eric, and there’s Na PD between two of them The three’s odd ‘food chain’ is something to laugh about.

‘Three Meals A Day’ is passing through their 3rd year since it first started on October 2014. Some were criticizing that the lifespan of this program is done since it’s not making any issues. But they are still showing their power with Fishing Village seasons 3 with the good change of casts and good laugh that comes with them.

EricMun | tumblr

What dinner menu took Eric 7 hours to prepare on 'Three Meals A Day'?

On the November 4 airing of tvN's 'Three Meals A Day' in the fishing village, the crew's uber-slow chef Shinhwa's Eric took on a dinner menu which took him 7 whopping hours!

What did the menu consist of, that it took 7 hours, even for the slow and pensive Eric? It all started with maknae Yoon Kyun Sang hooking up a surprising amount of fish for his first time fishing, with which the crew decided to make sushi!

But the sushi was only an appetizer! It took Eric approximately 4 hours to clean the fish and slice them up for sushi, after which he began work for the main dish: Su Yuk (Korean boiled pork)! It of course had to be accompanied by noodles, not to mention baked sweet potatoes that they also decided to cook on a whim!

Even if it did take 7 hours, Lee Seo Jin, Yoon Kyun Sang, and Eric enjoyed their dinner immensely, thanks to Eric's stellar cooking skills!

What will they cook up on next week's 'Three Meals A Day'?

Allkpop | Novemner 5 2016

glad to see the rating still doing good :)

im enjoying latest ep and laughing so much at super duper slow hours of making the sushi session that LSJ go to sleep lmao

but such hardworker and best learner Eric going to learn for the skill from pro in his free time

im happy that YKS screentime seem to be more in this ep and he sure have best of luck in fishing, i wonder if it someone else would they even get one fish knowing the two hyung have zero luck in fishing :P

i hope YKS gonna pick up some cooking skill himself while watching and helping Eric..at least he already upgraded from Kyuntern to fishing genius in 2nd trip lol

and Koongie and Moongie mini drama is cutest plus dramatic bgm lmao (such pity we never getting the chance to know the third cat of YKS since it not healthy to be bring along)

haha the article make it sound like there love triangle going on with Seojinnie+Na pd+Eric...looking forward for Na pd creating evil plan for his Seojinnie lol

i know the season always so short but im gonna be so sad when it end when im already warming up and loving this casts :bawling:

haha I couldn't believe it took 4 hours to clean and fillet those fishes...  Did he clean all those fishes or just enough for the 10 sashimi?  haha Lee Seojin and Eric looked like zoombies near the end. but Seojin's face lit up when he starts tasting the foods.

Poor Eric he felt bad and responsible for the late night (didn't help that more dishes were added on hahah).  It's great seeing him ask the auntie at the fish market to teach him cleaning the eels

Kyunsang has all the fishing luck in Dekyrangrangdo. The hyungs should just leave the fishing to maknae :)

I'm curious at what time they start their day...

Seojinnie had a fansign even on Friday Nov.4th and guess who made a surprised appearance?! :lol:

IT'S JUNGHYUKIE!!!!!!!!  hahahaha  This place (E-mart where the fansign was), is near Eric's home.  And he's spotted there some times... I guess he was at Emart and heard of Seojin hyung's event so stop by to say hi. :)

Seojinnie is so charming with his megawatt dimple smile like that :wub:

Cwgt15kUsAAKvG2.jpg

CwguAGgUcAQtCGx.jpg

This was Eric spotted at that same E-mart 2 years ago

Cwgt7FLUoAASCti.jpg

This was a scene from Another Oh Hae Young, when Dokyung (Eric) when shopping with Jinsang (Jisuk) and Isadora (Ye Jiwon).  I don't know if it was at the same E-mart or not  :)

CwguEKEVIAA_b5n.jpg

19 hours ago, czakhareina1 said:

FB updat

out of topic: LSj is the new ear candy.. and will be connecting han yeri: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003426402

I saw some one mentioned of Yeri during 3MAD live stream that she didn't recognize Seojinnie's voice... I thought it was in the episode (haha still haven't got around to watch the raw episode yet).... what was that article about? :)

10 hours ago, joyue_1 said:

I just finished watching the chinese subbed version... so just wanted to add in a few more details hehehe...

@Phi
When Mr Dimple was having the first bite of the noodles... he was already so tired, and you could also tell he was a bit annoyed. After that he's like... "Yea it's quite good." And then he said, "Because it's good, I can't really say anything (= complain) either" Hahahaha...

But THE funniest thing was when they were the noodles... at 2:30'ish am... Na PD was like: "Can't you guys eat faster? Just let us get off work now... eat faster!" Hahahahaha... and then when they finally finished all their food and were just sitting around... Na PD striked again: "Now that you guys are finished, can't you guys just go in and sleep? Please let us go home too..." Hahahahaha 

@czakhareina1
It's confirmed that our Junghyukie went to Noryangjin Fish Market on his own, a few days after the 2nd trip - caption says he feels bad that the time it takes for him to fillet the fish is always so long, so he wanted to learn from a professional to speed up his process. Such dedication!! :wub:

Seojin & Eric both looks like walking zoombies during the preparation of their 'dinner'. Would surprised me if he was annoyed & grumpy hahaha  It was really funny with Na PD's comment telling them to eat fast so they can go sleep. 

18 hours ago, joyue_1 said:

Hahahaha yah... they had dinner at 2am... and by that time LSJ looked like he was totally dozing off hahaha... but judging from his facial expression, I *think* he thought it was worth it...?! From what I gathered, the food probably was not enough so after they finished the meat our Junghyukie started cooking noodles, by then it must have been at least 2:30am... so LSJ had to endure the sleepiness again just to wait for it to be done... it was hilarious hahahaha

Now - this one is epic too...
They caught a conger eel in their fish net in episode 4... and this scene was shown at the end of the episode. And I think this was not filmed by the 3MAD crew, but rather by our Junghyukie's manager on a phone (just because of the framing and resolution)... though I don't understand Korean... I am guessing our Junghyukie decided to go, in his own free time, to the fish market to learn from the ahjumma how to clean and skin the fish, so he could prepare something for the next trip. WAAAAHHHHH :wub:

the food wasn't enough that he had to make noodle? haha I thought Na PD was surprised that Eric added the fried sweet potato while they were waiting for the meat to cook.  And he was surprised to hear about the noodle to come as well...

I'm guessing by the time they went to bed probably 3am or passed that... what time would they wake the next day? :) If it's noon... they can already skip their breakfast and go for lunch lol...  the meals will get later if their day starts out late.... 

I thought the Noryanjin Fish Market was a day later.  So it was during his own free time?  No wonder the screen solutions and sound is not as clear as the normal footage.  It does seem like from a phone camera... I guess he asked the manager to film the fish cleaning so he can rewatch the technique later.  Poor guy feeling so bad about the super late meal they had because it took 4hrs to clean & filleting the fishes. The eels are hardest as when Seojin said to make sushi with the eel Kyungsang caught, Eric said right away it takes a long time to do cuz it has fine bones... now he learned the proper technique from the Auntie at the fish market.  Very responsible guy! :)

22 hours ago, joyue_1 said:

Hahahaha yah... they had dinner at 2am... and by that time LSJ looked like he was totally dozing off hahaha... but judging from his facial expression, I *think* he thought it was worth it...?! From what I gathered, the food probably was not enough so after they finished the meat our Junghyukie started cooking noodles, by then it must have been at least 2:30am... so LSJ had to endure the sleepiness again just to wait for it to be done... it was hilarious hahahaha

His third cat is the one on the top left... a short hair tabby. I remember reading somewhere that YKS mentioned this one is a bit on the old side and not as physically fit to go on the island with them.

Now - this one is epic too...
They caught a conger eel in their fish net in episode 4... and this scene was shown at the end of the episode. And I think this was not filmed by the 3MAD crew, but rather by our Junghyukie's manager on a phone (just because of the framing and resolution)... though I don't understand Korean... I am guessing our Junghyukie decided to go, in his own free time, to the fish market to learn from the ahjumma how to clean and skin the fish, so he could prepare something for the next trip. WAAAAHHHHH :wub:

ohhh so that was just Koong with a new haircut... hahahaha I did not recognize him.... thanks for that info chingu...

i am so excited to watch episode 4.. havent seen the raw.. anyone have the link please PM me...
and hahaha LSJ dozing off... hahaha he has done that twice now in this season the one was when they were fishing and now while waiting for eric fillet the fish???
and oh my goodness its 2:30am when they finished eating because of the preparation.. hahah E-chef is giving new meaning to slow cooking...

13 hours ago, czakhareina1 said:
 LEE SEOJIN, THE GRUMPY SEOJINI HAS CHANGED + SHINHWA ERIC MENTIONED

[Edaily starin Kim Yoonji] The taste of the same dish tastes different with different ingredients, same with variety shows. Same format but different casts makes the vibe and the fun different. Cable channel tvN Variety program ‘Three Meals A Day’ is also giving fresh new laugh with different casts.

The obvious change on ‘Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village’ is Lee Seojin. Lee Seojin from the Jungsun season often described as the grumpy and complaining. He complained directly to the producer Na Youngsuk’s ‘schemes’, and also claimed advance salary. He preferred going to town since he is the ‘city man’, and was not keen on the labor. The scenes he squabbled with Na PD were like scenes from ‘Tom and Jerry’. But the funny part is that he still did whatever he was directed to do.

But Lee Seojin now became active and positive on Fishing Village 3. It has been a fresh scene for ‘3 Meals’ viewers to watch Lee Seojin happily going to the mudflat at 11pm to get clams for Vongole pasta for their lunch the next day. Lee Seojin from Jungsun season made a big talk about “This show is going to fail”. He was that negative. But in Fishing Village 3 he has being so passionate for the tasty meals. Especially in this season, we can see Lee Seojin working passionately such as cooking rice, making saury stew, or handling the ingredients.

There’s Eric in the middle of all the changes. Starting with potato sujebi, he makes tasty foods every meal. And Lee Seojin shows his great satisfaction as you can see on his dimples. It’s a great change considering the fact that he was small-eater in Jungsun. He even suggested “Let’s open up a restaurant” to Eric.

Eric casually stimulates others to work. He brings canned saury for Lee Seojin to make his specialty stew, and gives Lee Seojin a knife as a gift because he likes tools. Eric asks Lee Seojin to take care of the ingredients saying “We need you”. We can see how he has been Shinwha’s Leader for 18 years.

Na PD’s reaction to these two is also a funny part. To Lee Seojin being happy with the gifted knife from Eric, he makes a teasing comment “Ha, tools again”. He gulps the foods when Lee Seojin compliments Eric’s dishes. Na PD was trying to sneak out from the money deal for collecting 10 different species in aquarium, but gets flustered when Eric calls him out. Lee Seojin grumpy but doing his job, quiet but not easy Eric, and there’s Na PD between two of them The three’s odd ‘food chain’ is something to laugh about.

‘Three Meals A Day’ is passing through their 3rd year since it first started on October 2014. Some were criticizing that the lifespan of this program is done since it’s not making any issues. But they are still showing their power with Fishing Village seasons 3 with the good change of casts and good laugh that comes with them.

EricMun | tumblr

I love this write up.. cause It really is funny that it mentioned the thing I missed the Tom-Jerry dynamic between LSJ and Na PD... as well as Eric being the majority reason of LSJ less naggy ways and even volunteering to work.. I think it was @joyue_1 or @calypso73 who first made a comment: HE VOLUNTEERED...!!!! about LSJ going to the mudflats... and its is quite surprising cause.. LSJ never volunteers for work... he still does the task the best he could... but he usually complains at the start...

14753786_1111454028975887_55111295744521

hahahahaha That would be awesome. but I think it was my fave halbae Park Geunhyung that another season would be difficult to do..
the travelling/touring/walking/trekking was very hard for the halbae...

Eric and Mong

tumblr_og5jwtKMfE1rvbzggo3_r1_540.giftumblr_og5jwtKMfE1rvbzggo2_540.gif

A good write up on influence of 3MAD (not specifically this season but more of the general show) on audience not only in Korea but all over asia:
Korean cooking shows have overtaken Korean TV - LINK

exerts:
In Three Meals A Day, K-pop idol Ok Taecyeon and actor Lee Seo Jin are sent to a village to cook, well, three meals a day.

Singaporean viewer Candy Tan, 25, agrees. "I wouldn't have known about K-cooking shows if I didn't watch Korean variety shows," the advertising account executive says.
She watched Three Meals A Day because it was produced by Na Young Seok, who is the same person behind variety shows such as the popular celebrity travelogue programmes Grandpa Over Flowers and Youth Over Flowers.
For another viewer, hotel sales director Cynthia Koh, 49, watching actors eat Korean dishes in K-dramas got her into K-cooking shows.
"Every Korean drama will feature food - be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. The food looks really appetising. Watching the actors eat it, I felt that I could actually taste it."

Ms Tan was inspired to make kimchi and tuna stew after watching actors prepare the dish on Three Meals A Day in a fishing village.
She says: "I usually don't eat tuna because of its fishy smell, but I saw an episode where the stew made by the cast looked so good, I went and tried it out myself.
"Surprisingly, the flavours of tuna and kimchi go well together."
Perhaps the appeal of K-cooking shows simply lies in the universal language of food. 

8 hours ago, Phi said:

I saw some one mentioned of Yeri during 3MAD live stream that she didn't recognize Seojinnie's voice... I thought it was in the episode (haha still haven't got around to watch the raw episode yet).... what was that article about? :)

Seojin & Eric both looks like walking zoombies during the preparation of their 'dinner'. Would surprised me if he was annoyed & grumpy hahaha  It was really funny with Na PD's comment telling them to eat fast so they can go sleep. 

the food wasn't enough that he had to make noodle? haha I thought Na PD was surprised that Eric added the fried sweet potato while they were waiting for the meat to cook.  And he was surprised to hear about the noodle to come as well...

I'm guessing by the time they went to bed probably 3am or passed that... what time would they wake the next day? :) If it's noon... they can already skip their breakfast and go for lunch lol...  the meals will get later if their day starts out late.... 

I thought the Noryanjin Fish Market was a day later.  So it was during his own free time?  No wonder the screen solutions and sound is not as clear as the normal footage.  It does seem like from a phone camera... I guess he asked the manager to film the fish cleaning so he can rewatch the technique later.  Poor guy feeling so bad about the super late meal they had because it took 4hrs to clean & filleting the fishes. The eels are hardest as when Seojin said to make sushi with the eel Kyungsang caught, Eric said right away it takes a long time to do cuz it has fine bones... now he learned the proper technique from the Auntie at the fish market.  Very responsible guy! :)

Actually... the noodles was always going to be part of the menu... as our Junghyukie claimed in the beginning, it would be super easy since it's to use the same soup that boiled the pork as the soup base, it would be really tasty... and they referred it as the "Jeju guksu" (Jeju noodles). And when everyone finished the meat and the sweet potato tempura and when he was about to prepare the noodles... Seojinnie said: "I should just go in and sleep." Then as he was waiting... Na PD and the crew kept telling him, "just go to sleep... just go in and sleep." Hahahaha

And finally, when our Junghyukie was serving the noodles with Seojinnie waiting anxiously, Na PD asked Seojinnie, "Are you hungry?" And Seojinnie said, "I actually didn't eat much! I had 2 pieces of sushi, 4-5 pieces of meat and 3 pieces of the sweet potato tempura... and that's it!" Na PD: "In 7 hours"... Seojinnie: "Yah!"

:D

Namja sure eat alot. Though they had meat, sushi and sweet potato, they still can eat noodles. I admit Eric took very looooooooong time to clean the dish. But seeing him very diligent like that, I can help but feel so much to him. Hopefully he got better for after learning from ahjumma.

Seojinnie's first encounter with the kid from the next village... he can't take his eyes off her, kept saying she's so pretty... and Na PD said: If you like kids that much then get married already!

1st_zpsmlleib69.png

When they were heading out to fish a few hours later... Junghyukie spotted the kids...

2nd_zps4uz9pnto.png

And Seojinnie got ULTRA excited hehehe...

3rd_zpsnd0lbeyn.png

4th_zpsiubnpaev.png

5th_zpsvtmblfqc.png

So sweet ~

Seojinnie fanboying over the pretty little girl is so adorable but NaPD’s comment summarises their bromance! He always pokes and pokes Seojinnie to get a reaction. It reminds me so much of all the jabs when Choi Jiwoo was around.

Btw, I’ve wondered about this after watching the tVN awards and made me think there might not  be another Grandpas Over Flowers at least with the same cast. Did you notice halbae Baek Ilseob having a hard time while he was on stage? NaPD had to support him the whole time. I hope it was just his bum knee and not anything else.

Three Meals a Day in Deukryang-do Ep 4

6pQCi9Q.png

Three Meals a Day in Deukryang Island; Fishing Village Edition 3 Episode 4:

Lee SeoJin: “What are you doing now?”

Eric: “DongChiMi! (Water Radish)”

SeoJin: “Yah, you’re not sleeping and making DongChiMi again?”

Eric: “Hyung, this will be done soon! Really.”

Nothing can stop a chef when he really wants to make food, hehe!

read full: 

https://varietyrecaps.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/three-meals-a-day-in-deukryang-do-ep-4/#more-11362

Archived