[BL Webdrama] Men with Sword 刺客列传

IMOmusings

Blue is cute though, like an adoring puppy and Pink is just....poker face all the time (I don't think I've seen Pink cry? Yet?) 

I have this HUGE thing for really smart but quiet and mysterious characters. Bonus points if they're pretty. I also have a thing for characters who just don't give a damn, so acting aside, I just adore those archetype & dynamic. 

Maybe I'm just not there yet for the Bin/Kan ship? They're both so handsome haha, I want to ship them x3 

Purple's perpetual pout-frown thing makes me quizzical and his Blue-hair streak guy seem to have this weird permanent glare in his eyes ._.

I'm fond of Yellow/Green King though. 

(I should learn their names instead of referring to everyone by their robe colors...)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to deny that at some point binkan relationship do seems like one sided. The things that i like about this cp are some of their loving gazes or anything you call it and their storylines based on shinobu's trans. 

After watching the series a few times, i have that soft spot for zhang and kunyi (green king / yellow guy). zhang kind of impress with kunyi's knowledge i think (?).

I found a few posters for this series, credits on the posters. You guys probably already saw them. By the way, i made up those cp names

the dead CP (i kind of like them but yeah they died too soon)

Spoiler

tumblr_occ4q3OcTr1uobdhxo2_1280.jpg              tumblr_occ4q3OcTr1uobdhxo3_1280.jpg

purple kingdom cp

Spoiler

tumblr_occ4wbILvN1uobdhxo2_1280.jpg              tumblr_occ4wbILvN1uobdhxo1_1280.jpg

the emotionless cp (although gongsun smile in these photoshoot ^.^;; )

Spoiler

tumblr_occk26f03M1uobdhxo3_1280.jpg              tumblr_occk26f03M1uobdhxo1_1280.jpg                                                       

threesome

Spoiler

tumblr_od5ws0BuP61uobdhxo2_1280.jpg              tumblr_od5ws0BuP61uobdhxo1_1280.jpg                      

this cp seems promising because i really like their posters

Spoiler

tumblr_od28cw5IlW1uobdhxo3_1280.jpg             tumblr_od28cw5IlW1uobdhxo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_od28cw5IlW1uobdhxo4_1280.jpg              tumblr_od28cw5IlW1uobdhxo1_1280.jpg

i have no idea about this

Spoiler

tumblr_od00uuub1G1uobdhxo1_1280.jpg        tumblr_od9pw68ZEk1uobdhxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_od9qkfBv3P1uobdhxo1_1280.jpg

"I have no idea about these"

- yeah, I agree. Murong Li & Kan?! When? xD

But eye candy, can't complain, not even when I get eye diabetes. Gongsun looks so playful and out of character pulling a bit of Murong's robe. <3

Gongsun is such a good character. I just don't like how his actor make him seem so glowering and glaring all the time? Same with some of the other actors. Their eyes kind of bother me :(

What's up with that last picture though ? I really can't imagine a Murong/Kun Yi as CP ,_, Personalities are too.... Clashing. 

I think that Dylan (Kun Yi) is one of the best actors in this series though. He looks most natural. 

17 hours ago, outsanity said:

I think it's alright. They kind of half-assed both the romance and politic intrigue, but two half-asses make one whole. I've suffered through worse TV series. Political intrigue-wise, it's definitely a few leagues below epic productions like Nirvana, or Miyue. But I feel like a strong political show wouldn't really allow room for romance (romance just kind of ruins that streamlined cynical tension....like dude, I don't watch political intrigue shows for romance, romance can GTFO), so I'm actually quite OK with this balance. (I'm female, btw) 

Sadly, I'm just not on the same Bin/Kan ship everyone else is on? It just feels so one-sided to me, one way or another. When Bin is warm and affectionate, Kan is poker face. When Kan is warm and affection, Bin is epic scowl. :/ And I kinda feel that Bin is so much more girlish...oops.

I can get a tad bit picky but that is just because I'm truly madly deeply fond of BinKan and in many ways was hoping this drama would have gotten more attention than it did.  The fact that it was half in many ways kind of narrowed its audience quite a bit.  I find that very regretful.

Having said all that, I don't mind it too much because I really think BinKan is the most beautiful couple in ancient costume so far and seeing them together was just like a dream.  Did I ever mention that I was attracted to Bin's face at first glance and that was the reason I continued watching?  And after seeing Bin and Kan together I thought I saw a match in heaven.  Bin has a beautiful face er. handsome face.  His long piercing eyes and the nicely drawn arched browns, high small nose above the cute thin pair of lips.  This handsome look drew my eyes.  Kan has big beautiful eyes and his mouth kind of curves the same way as Bin's.  And they both have very very beautiful smiles that charmed me to no end.  (sigh)  (I square I can talk about them until the cows come home.)  

While Bin's affection is so blatant, Kan's is very subtle and you kind of have to read between the lines or pay attention to the nuance.  Reason being that Bin is in the position (in power or hierarchy) or even the seme/uke role to pursue while Kan isn't.  He kind of buried his affection deep in his heart and you can only see them through the way he ogled at Bin at certain times.  Then there's the way he cared for Bin (throwing down his sword to run to Bin or tended to Bin's wounds when the occasion arised.)  At first I thought Bin was pursuing but after looking at the subtleties and flashbacks I realized Bin was so into Kan because Kan cared so much for Bin hence Bin returned that affection.  Reading from their body language the first time they met I say it was love at first sight for them.  I may elaborate on this later.

As for you my dear you've jumped into the biggest ship.  The couple you like is the most popular while BinKan is known for being the sweetest with most affection gestures.  My BinKan couple is called White Robe couple but I don't know what is the name of your couple.  I suggest Red Navy. 

1 hour ago, Shinobu said:

I can get a tad bit picky but that is just because I'm truly madly deeply fond of BinKan and in many ways was hoping this drama would have gotten more attention than it did.  The fact that it was half in many ways kind of narrowed its audience quite a bit.  I find that very regretful.

Having said all that, I don't mind it too much because I really think BinKan is the most beautiful couple in ancient costume so far and seeing them together was just like a dream.  Did I ever mention that I was attracted to Bin's face at first glance and that was the reason I continued watching?  And after seeing Bin and Kan together I thought I saw a match in heaven.  Bin has a beautiful face er. handsome face.  His long piercing eyes and the nicely drawn arched browns, high small nose above the cute thin pair of lips.  This handsome look drew my eyes.  Kan has big beautiful eyes and his mouth kind of curves the same way as Bin's.  And they both have very very beautiful smiles that charmed me to no end.  (sigh)  (I square I can talk about them until the cows come home.)  

While Bin's affection is so blatant, Kan's is very subtle and you kind of have to read between the lines or pay attention to the nuance.  Reason being that Bin is in the position (in power or hierarchy) or even the seme/uke role to pursue while Kan isn't.  He kind of buried his affection deep in his heart and you can only see them through the way he ogled at Bin at certain times.  Then there's the way he cared for Bin (throwing down his sword to run to Bin or tended to Bin's wounds when the occasion arised.)  At first I thought Bin was pursuing but after looking at the subtleties and flashbacks I realized Bin was so into Kan because Kan cared so much for Bin hence Bin returned that affection.  Reading from their body language the first time they met I say it was love at first sight for them.  I may elaborate on this later.

As for you my dear you've jumped into the biggest ship.  The couple you like is the most popular while BinKan is known for being the sweetest with most affection gestures.  My BinKan couple is called White Robe couple but I don't know what is the name of your couple.  I suggest Red Navy. 

The fact that it's an all-male, pretty boy cast already told me that it's not going to be a huge, epic show that will capture attention and make people really marvel at it, haha. I'd expected it to be a show that'd cater to a few itches, make the BL fangirls squeal a lot and so far, this is exactly what it seems to be.

The production was probably heavily limited by censorship law, low budget and many uncertainties. Given all that, I'm rather quite proud of this show so far. It's a bit of a pioneer in this series, and I look forward to more epic, bigger scale productions to come.

Then again, I am only on episode 11, so I don't know if everything will collapse, crash and burn later on. (Ugh)

I've also not seen much between Bin/Kan except one flashback where Bin is scowling heavily while Kan treats him and a lot of Kan squirming awkwardly while Bin tries to show him affection. And yeah, they are both REALLY good looking. Omg.  

Hahaha, I thought BinKan is the biggest ship? The one I ship the most is called "执离" apparently. Murong Li is also really starting to grow on me. I thought it was very damn obnoxious how he was introduce, but he's pretty impressive as a leader/strategist and all that pretty-boy-mystery aura helps.

46 minutes ago, outsanity said:

The fact that it's an all-male, pretty boy cast already told me that it's not going to be a huge, epic show that will capture attention and make people really marvel at it, haha. I'd expected it to be a show that'd cater to a few itches, make the BL fangirls squeal a lot and so far, this is exactly what it seems to be.

The production was probably heavily limited by censorship law, low budget and many uncertainties. Given all that, I'm rather quite proud of this show so far. It's a bit of a pioneer in this series, and I look forward to more epic, bigger scale productions to come.

Then again, I am only on episode 11, so I don't know if everything will collapse, crash and burn later on. (Ugh)

I've also not seen much between Bin/Kan except one flashback where Bin is scowling heavily while Kan treats him and a lot of Kan squirming awkwardly while Bin tries to show him affection. And yeah, they are both REALLY good looking. Omg.  

Hahaha, I thought BinKan is the biggest ship? The one I ship the most is called "执离" apparently. Murong Li is also really starting to grow on me. I thought it was very damn obnoxious how he was introduce, but he's pretty impressive as a leader/strategist and all that pretty-boy-mystery aura helps.

The all male cast is definitely what makes it a pioneer but I still feel the story can be more refined and less awkward (in the political intrigue part) if they want to leave the romantic part clear as mud.  Categorize it can be a problem.  It's not all male romantic ancient drama.  It's not all male politics emphasized drama.  And I certainly don't want it to be under all male BL fanservice drama.  :))  I want it to be looked at as more substance material I guess.  

I think you've missed BinKan lovey dovey aura because you're not really into them.  When you got into ep 11 and you didn't see much, you've missed quite a bit.  But we all have our different likings.  The red robe boy didn't really give me much impression so I never did pay attention to him.  I really only watched the BinKan part.  :))

You watch the Chinese version then?

@Shinobu

The politics are sufficient for me not to complain. You've got a a fair amount going on and it'd require a lot more budget if they decide to go for more realism. I mean, how do you think they can improve it, given what they have? 

Then again, I kind of consider this a BL fanservice drama ><; So my expectations aren't that high. I'll just take it for what it's worth and I'll rather re-watch this than watch Journey of Flower any day and Journey of Flower was SO highly rated (for no reason, really..) xD;

I feel awkward watching Bin/Kan, to be honest... Kan looks so. darn. uncomfortable. when Bin's showing affection. Like, not the cute kind of uncomfortable, he's flat-out squirmy/politely reluctant while Bin just pushes a bit and then dismiss his affection... I can understand why Kan's uncomfortable, sure, but my question is, does Kan feel for Bin anything beyond loyalty and duty?

And Kan's not an insecure person either - Kan is very confident giving out orders, fighting and leading - it feels like he's just not into Bin, but doesn't know how to reject Bin, so he just pretends he doesn't understand ><
Visually, they look so beautiful together, but I'll probably need more feel from Kan's side. Unless I want to like it as a tragic, one-sided love story. Which actually also works, lol. 

Yeah, I watch Chinese version. I understand Mando, luckily, hehe. 

Also a really weird thought: Gongsun Qian reminds me of  Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter. ><

43 minutes ago, outsanity said:

@Shinobu

The politics are sufficient for me not to complain. You've got a a fair amount going on and it'd require a lot more budget if they decide to go for more realism. I mean, how do you think they can improve it, given what they have? 

Then again, I kind of consider this a BL fanservice drama ><; So my expectations aren't that high. I'll just take it for what it's worth and I'll rather re-watch this than watch Journey of Flower any day and Journey of Flower was SO highly rated (for no reason, really..) xD;

I feel awkward watching Bin/Kan, to be honest... Kan looks so. darn. uncomfortable. when Bin's showing affection. Like, not the cute kind of uncomfortable, he's flat-out squirmy/politely reluctant while Bin just pushes a bit and then dismiss his affection... I can understand why Kan's uncomfortable, sure, but my question is, does Kan feel for Bin anything beyond loyalty and duty?

And Kan's not an insecure person either - Kan is very confident giving out orders, fighting and leading - it feels like he's just not into Bin, but doesn't know how to reject Bin, so he just pretends he doesn't understand ><
Visually, they look so beautiful together, but I'll probably need more feel from Kan's side. Unless I want to like it as a tragic, one-sided love story. Which actually also works, lol. 

Yeah, I watch Chinese version. I understand Mando, luckily, hehe. 

Also a really weird thought: Gongsun Qian reminds me of  Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter. ><

I'm guilty of seeing as fanservice too.  I'm such a terrible person.  The story gives the feel not to be taken seriously like a parody of sort.  Like when Bin gave order to Kan to go survey the border to verify if the two bordering countries were plotting against them.  Kan went and took 5 fortresses in 5 days.  I was like what?  Insubordination.  And 5 fortresses in 5 days?  Come on man.  But anyways, I ignored that.  And there are many other things but of course I've ignored them too.  :))

I find Kan's reactions cute.  He didn't seem to know what to do and gave this puppy eyes clueless look but that's because he's in front of Bin.  He got weak.  In front of others, he ain't like that.  Their love is definitely mutual.  I can vouch for that.  They were smitten with each other at first meeting.  :))

Is Gongsun Qian the guy in blue that got ignored by his purple robe stitched with flowers lord?  :))

Regarding Journey of Flowers, which is the Chinese drama I watched before this.  I thought it was pretty bad.  :))  At least with this I enjoyed BinKan subtle love story.

44 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

I'm guilty of seeing as fanservice too.  I'm such a terrible person.  The story gives the feel not to be taken seriously like a parody of sort.  Like when Bin gave order to Kan to go survey the border to verify if the two bordering countries were plotting against them.  Kan went and took 5 fortresses in 5 days.  I was like what?  Insubordination.  And 5 fortresses in 5 days?  Come on man.  But anyways, I ignored that.  And there are many other things but of course I've ignored them too.  :))

I find Kan's reactions cute.  He didn't seem to know what to do and gave this puppy eyes clueless look but that's because he's in front of Bin.  He got weak.  In front of others, he ain't like that.  Their love is definitely mutual.  I can vouch for that.  They were smitten with each other at first meeting.  :))

Is Gongsun Qian the guy in blue that got ignored by his purple robe stitched with flowers lord?  :))

Regarding Journey of Flowers, which is the Chinese drama I watched before this.  I thought it was pretty bad.  :))  At least with this I enjoyed BinKan subtle love story.

I've found it exceedingly difficult to take seriously since I saw that the King wears flowery purple lace and every other character has brightly colored high-lights in their hair. In addition to that, every country has a similar dress-code, guys carry swords everywhere...
Yeah, no. I don't take it seriously. But I enjoy it a lot nonetheless. 

Kan's clueless puppy eyes reactions feel to say "Please don't do this. :/"
And the few times that Kan's the affectionate one (Bin initial injury, the sun eclipse), Bin's glaring at him like no tomorrow. Yet, Bin's like "I'm not scared as long as you're here."
That aside, Bin's always saying things like that, but Bin's eyes are too ... strong/sharp/glare-y even when he's supposed to be tender/soft. His expression/way he acts gets inconsistent with what he says.  
It bothers me. I think that's why stopping me from the hardcore Bin/Kan ship. I feel like Bin's actor needs to work on his acting... (Then again, most of them need to work on their acting xD)

Talking about acting, how do people rate the acting skills, I wonder?

30 minutes ago, outsanity said:

I've found it exceedingly difficult to take seriously since I saw that the King wears flowery purple lace and every other character has brightly colored high-lights in their hair. In addition to that, every country has a similar dress-code, guys carry swords everywhere...
Yeah, no. I don't take it seriously. But I enjoy it a lot nonetheless. 

Kan's clueless puppy eyes reactions feel to say "Please don't do this. :/"
And the few times that Kan's the affectionate one (Bin initial injury, the sun eclipse), Bin's glaring at him like no tomorrow. Yet, Bin's like "I'm not scared as long as you're here."
That aside, Bin's always saying things like that, but Bin's eyes are too ... strong/sharp/glare-y even when he's supposed to be tender/soft. His expression/way he acts gets inconsistent with what he says.  
It bothers me. I feel like Bin's actor needs to work on his acting... (Then again, most of them need to work on their acting xD)

When they first met, Kan took Bin in and tended to him with great care.  When Bin woke up Kan ran over with the cup of tea and cracked a sweet megawatt smile at Bin introducing himself.  (This is subtle flirting.  Megawatt smile means you like the person you're talking to.  Nudge nudge.)  Bin has always been a temperamental and cranky person with super serious expression on his face.  Of course you see him as glaring.  But after seeing that megawatt smile, he got kind of embarrassed and looked away.  He liked what he saw.  *cough*

It was said that Bin just got a sprained ankle but Kan went out of his way to give Bin a piggy ride to get some sun.  And a proud person with a position like Bin let him.  Then Bin asked Kan to go with him.  Kan smiled sweetly again and said no problem.  Kan hardly knew the guy.  He didn't even know who Bin was but he already agreed easily and as if agreed to follow this man for the rest of his life.  Then the eclipse happened.  Proud lord Bin suddenly expressed fear which he shouldn't have.  Furthermore, he also said "I'm not afraid as long as you're here."  No man would show his weakness in front of another, more so a proud man with a position like Bin but he opened his heart to Kan and showed weakness.  There's emotional reliance but that was because Bin felt warm and fuzzy toward Kan.

The way Kan expressed himself changed after he found out about Bin's position.  That was why Bin continuously said you've distanced yourself from me.  Only in tender moments you would see glimpse of Kan's dreamy look at Bin and most blatant was when Bin dressed him in the armor.  After that there were more.

Bin had some tender expressions which looked really beautiful.  But for the most part he really put on the super serious face to fit his character.  He was really only tender the most in front of Kan.

There are some bts clips of Evan/Bin and Ian/Kan.  Evan/Bin was asked which was the most romantic scene to him.  Evan chose the piggy back ride scene.  In another, Ian was asked which scene was the most heart felt I think.  He chose the scene when Bin put the armor on him the second time.  The first time was in a romantic mood.  The second time was the time when Bin had to send Kan to a losing battle.  So Ian said they were really into their characters and that he really felt like he was leaving and not coming back so he felt really perplexed.  Then the questioner asked Ian who he considered most handsome he chose Bin when Bin chose himself.  :))  The questioner said to Ian/Kan "because Bin is your true love."  "What if he used you all this time?"  "He used me?" shocked expression from Ian/Kan.  "Just let him use me", Ian continued.  :))  He's such a cutie pie.  :))

15 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

When they first met, Kan took Bin in and tended to him with great care.  When Bin woke up Kan ran over with the cup of tea and cracked a sweet megawatt smile at Bin introducing himself.  (This is subtle flirting.  Megawatt smile means you like the person you're talking to.  Nudge nudge.)  Bin has always been a temperamental and cranky person with super serious expression on his face.  Of course you see him as glaring.  But after seeing that megawatt smile, he got kind of embarrassed and looked away.  He liked what he saw.  *cough*

It was said that Bin just got a sprained ankle but Kan went out of his way to give Bin a piggy ride to get some sun.  And a proud person with a position like Bin let him.  Then Bin asked Kan to go with him.  Kan smiled sweetly again and said no problem.  Kan hardly knew the guy.  He didn't even know who Bin was but he already agreed easily and as if agreed to follow this man for the rest of his life.  Then the eclipse happened.  Proud lord Bin suddenly expressed fear which he shouldn't have.  Furthermore, he also said "I'm not afraid as long as you're here."  No man would show his weakness in front of another, more so a proud man with a position like Bin but he opened his heart to Kan and showed weakness.  There's emotional reliance but that was because Bin felt warm and fuzzy toward Kan.

The way Kan expressed himself changed after he found out about Bin's position.  That was why Bin continuously said you've distanced yourself from me.  Only in tender moments you would see glimpse of Kan's dreamy look at Bin and most blatant was when Bin dressed him in the armor.  After that there were more.

Bin had some tender expressions which looked really beautiful.  But for the most part he really put on the super serious face to fit his character.  He was really only tender the most in front of Kan.

There are some bts clips of Evan/Bin and Ian/Kan.  Evan/Bin was asked which was the most romantic scene to him.  Evan chose the piggy back ride scene.  In another, Ian was asked which scene was the most heart felt I think.  He chose the scene when Bin put the armor on him the second time.  The first time was in a romantic mood.  The second time was the time when Bin had to send Kan to a losing battle.  So Ian said they were really into their characters and that he really felt like he was leaving and not coming back so he felt really perplexed.  Then the questioner asked Ian who he considered most handsome he chose Bin when Bin chose himself.  :))  The questioner said to Ian/Kan "because Bin is your true love."  "What if he used you all this time?"  "He used me?" shocked expression from Ian/Kan.  "Just let him use me", Ian continued.  :))  He's such a cutie pie.  :))

Eyebrow furrowing scene in Ep 15 has me slightly more convinced that Kan cares. 

See, I shouldn't need a mega explanation on character chemistry, haha. Verbally explained and plot-wise, it's a really good story; Just feels like the Bin/Evan's acting isn't up to par to convey all that. He does the proud-high&mighty lord part really well, but he just doesn't convey enough softness. And if he's such a proud-high&mighty lord, then why is he always so verbally expressive? Too much telling, not enough showing.

And Kan (Though Kan/Ian's acting is actually pretty good in general) comes off more as a politely reluctant puppy than anything else.

Then again, much like the series itself, there's a lot of nitpick on (even for my favorite Murong Li/his actor-love the character concept, but the actor gets weird sometimes) and ultimately, to take it seriously is to lose out on entertainment value. 

33 minutes ago, outsanity said:

Eyebrow furrowing scene in Ep 15 has me slightly more convinced that Kan cares. 

See, I shouldn't need a mega explanation on character chemistry, haha. Verbally explained and plot-wise, it's a really good story; Just feels like the Bin/Evan's acting isn't up to par to convey all that. He does the proud-high&mighty lord part really well, but he just doesn't convey enough softness. And if he's such a proud-high&mighty lord, then why is he always so verbally expressive? Too much telling, not enough showing.

And Kan (Though Kan/Ian's acting is actually pretty good in general) comes off more as a politely reluctant puppy than anything else.

Then again, much like the series itself, there's a lot of nitpick on (even for my favorite Murong Li/his actor-love the character concept, but the actor gets weird sometimes) and ultimately, to take it seriously is to lose out on entertainment value. 

Haha you mean the part where Kan attempted to flirt the first time by almost touching Bin's brows?  

There was Bin's softness but you didn't see.  :))  And I love the way Bin sweet talk to Kan.  They're like music to my ears.  :))  He's only like that in front of Kan.

I'm not being too picky with the acting.  Ian has good subtle expressions.  He's good with expressing feelings through his eyes.  Evan on the other hand has some beautiful flirting expressions.

There's point of view as well.  You're blinded to BinKan and I'm blinded to red robe fellow and everything else. :))

But overall, it's a good cast and they've stood their ground fairly well.  My only gripe is the plot (as mentioned earlier) but I take what I can get.

6 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Haha you mean the part where Kan attempted to flirt the first time by almost touching Bin's brows?  

There was Bin's softness but you didn't see.  :))  And I love the way Bin sweet talk to Kan.  They're like music to my ears.  :))  He's only like that in front of Kan.

I'm not being too picky with the acting.  Ian has good subtle expressions.  He's good with expressing feelings through his eyes.  Evan on the other hand has some beautiful flirting expressions.

There's point of view as well.  You're blinded to BinKan and I'm blinded to red robe fellow and everything else. :))

But overall, it's a good cast and they've stood their ground fairly well.  My only gripe is the plot (as mentioned earlier) but I take what I can get.

Bin doesn't convey it well enough, his sweet-talk feels aggressive >.> 

Yeah, Ian's acting is one that I'm not complaining about. Him, Dylan ( Zhong Kun Yi/Yellow), and Zhu Jian (Zhi Ming/Navy) have the best acting out of the 8 pretty boys, in my opinion. I'm iffy about his flirting/romance skills, but Evan is extremely beautiful, elegant and kingly.

I wouldn't say I'm blinded to BinKan - I probably just don't feel it as strongly as you do. I like the premise - just don't naturally feel that much chemistry c: Just like how I'm a little ._. about all the people who ship Purple/Blue (Gongsun/Ling Guang) - don't feel that immense chemistry. I'm more about subtle smiles/subtle touches/meaningful phrases/quick glances. c:

The whole thing reminds me of a video game. But the simplicity makes it so I can save some energy to admire the cast and appreciate the BL rather than keeping my brain on high function to figure out all the plot intricacies. ;) I feel like this should be one of those fantasy plots with magic and magic powers rather than countries and politics.

6 hours ago, outsanity said:

Bin doesn't convey it well enough, his sweet-talk feels aggressive >.> 

Yeah, Ian's acting is one that I'm not complaining about. Him, Dylan ( Zhong Kun Yi/Yellow), and Zhu Jian (Zhi Ming/Navy) have the best acting out of the 8 pretty boys, in my opinion. I'm iffy about his flirting/romance skills, but Evan is extremely beautiful, elegant and kingly.

I wouldn't say I'm blinded to BinKan - I probably just don't feel it as strongly as you do. I like the premise - just don't naturally feel that much chemistry c: Just like how I'm a little ._. about all the people who ship Purple/Blue (Gongsun/Ling Guang) - don't feel that immense chemistry. I'm more about subtle smiles/subtle touches/meaningful phrases/quick glances. c:

The whole thing reminds me of a video game. But the simplicity makes it so I can save some energy to admire the cast and appreciate the BL rather than keeping my brain on high function to figure out all the plot intricacies. ;) I feel like this should be one of those fantasy plots with magic and magic powers rather than countries and politics.

To each our own.  I don't feel anything for the other couples and you don't feel anything for BinKan as each camp has very different views.  I do think they've all done quite well for what they got.  Overall I didn't feel their acting was out of place or awkward.

I turned off my brain on the plot when I watch this.  I don't know about video game but this world of theirs is too fictional that it's bordering the level of fantasy.  :))  The all men factor is one.  :))

3 hours ago, Shinobu said:

To each our own.  I don't feel anything for the other couples and you don't feel anything for BinKan as each camp has very different views.  I do think they've all done quite well for what they got.  Overall I didn't feel their acting was out of place or awkward.

I turned off my brain on the plot when I watch this.  I don't know about video game but this world of theirs is too fictional that it's bordering the level of fantasy.  :))  The all men factor is one.  :))

No, actually, I do ship BinKan after the scene where Kan rips his robe to bandage Bin. I wish they showed more of how smile-y and friendly Kan was before Bin kind of made him go back to the palace with him - then their relationship would've made more sense from the start. 

I find it slightly hilarious that they try to add in ship-y things for like all the characters. Gongsun/Mongru, Kan/Zhong Kun - hahaha. You might also be proud to see that BinKan is the one relationship that very few people have any doubts on, though. Other characters get shipped with other characters without consistency where Kan usually stays with Bin. 

I binge watched this. Haven't done that since Nirvana in Fire and greatly enjoyed this show. Can't wait to see how it ends.

I really, freaking hope that Mongru Li doesn't end up hurting or betraying Zhi Ming. I like that Mongru Li is so manipulative and clever, but he should have some limits when Zhi Ming's adoration for him is so unconditional that Zhi Ming lets him leave (as long as he's happy) even if he's a spy. X:

1 hour ago, outsanity said:

No, actually, I do ship BinKan after the scene where Kan rips his robe to bandage Bin. I wish they showed more of how smile-y and friendly Kan was before Bin kind of made him go back to the palace with him - then their relationship would've made more sense from the start. 

I find it slightly hilarious that they try to add in ship-y things for like all the characters. Gongsun/Mongru, Kan/Zhong Kun - hahaha. You might also be proud to see that BinKan is the one relationship that very few people have any doubts on, though. Other characters get shipped with other characters without consistency where Kan usually stays with Bin. 

I binge watched this. Haven't done that since Nirvana in Fire and greatly enjoyed this show. Can't wait to see how it ends.

I really, freaking hope that Mongru Li doesn't end up hurting or betraying Zhi Ming. I like that Mongru Li is so manipulative and clever, but he should have some limits when Zhi Ming's adoration for him is so unconditional that Zhi Ming lets him leave (as long as he's happy) even if he's a spy. X:

Did you see Kan's expression when Bin put on his armor the second time?  And there were two robe tearing scenes to wrap Bin's wounds.  BinKan is the only mutual pairing so they're quite adored but from what I heard your ship is the biggest ship.

I've only watched up to ep 27 to the part where BinKan killed themselves.  And that was the first time I thought the method of killing oneself could be a romantic connotation.  Even when they died it was romantic how they died the same way.  Meanwhile my heart bled and got torn to shreds.

I'm glad you like the series.  I've been thinking if they ever release a blu-ray box, I would grab it just to see if there is any extra unseen materials.  Sometimes the crazy part of me buy dramas just to see the extra stuff.  :))  I know they cut quite a few lovey dovey scenes between BinKan.

There is a good chance your couple may have a happy ending.  The red robe guy didn't seem to care.  Maybe he already liked the guy that was pursuing him all along.

@Shinobu

Yeah. BinKan is most fleshed out and poetic, in my opinion. The first time Kan bandaged him, Bin asked him to stay. The second time, Bin asked him to leave. I kinda like how Kan stayed so close while bandaging him the first time (almost like hugging him) when it wasn't strictly necessary.

I don't buy any DVD/Blu-rays at all, but I'm sure if there are any extra unseen material, someone will upload it online very, very soon, lol. ,_, Let's go look for BinKan behind the scenes LOL. 

I wish it for them, but I'm not huge on happy endings - I just hope red robe doesn't hurt navy robes, as it'd make me really question his character.  

But on the the topic of behind the scenes, Pocky kisses for everyone ,______, I am so happy. They have such chemistry in real life too.

>>I love how Zhi Ming is the pursuing one in the show but Murong appears to be the more confident one in real life (I will use actor & character names interchangeably) <.< They are also the most decisive/least shy "couple"

7 minutes ago, outsanity said:

@Shinobu

Yeah. BinKan is most fleshed out and poetic, in my opinion. The first time Kan bandaged him, Bin asked him to stay. The second time, Bin asked him to leave. I kinda like how Kan stayed so close while bandaging him the first time (almost like hugging him) when it wasn't strictly necessary.

I don't buy any DVD/Blu-rays at all, but I'm sure if there are any extra unseen material, someone will upload it online very, very soon, lol. ,_, Let's go look for BinKan behind the scenes LOL. 

I wish it for them, but I'm not huge on happy endings - I just hope red robe doesn't hurt navy robes, as it'd make me really question his character.  

But on the the topic of behind the scenes, navy robes and red robes "kissed" ,______, I am so happy. They have such chemistry in real life too. I love how Zhi Ming is the pursuing one in the show but Murong appears to be the more confident one in real life (I will use actor & character names interchangeably)

They just released BinKan bts clips right before or after they died.  I felt like the PR team for this drama was sleeping on the job.  Anyways, I've seen what I could of BinKan bts clips but they're not enough to wench my thirst.  I'm want something more substantial.  :))  I do have a collector mentality and I buy dramas boxsets preferably in blu-ray format for quality reasons.  I don't ever watch the dramas again but I go through it for any additional information I haven't seen.  There were 3 clips they cut that I saw.  One when Kan took Bin back to his residence after they met.  Two, when they went on a date surveying the border in couple outfits and three, when Kan looked like he put on a robe for Bin or fixing Bin's robe.  I'm dying to see those scenes.

I did see the fanmeets and stuff and the red robe guy is very comfortable with his co-star.  He didn't mind kissing on the lips and appeared very natural with any intimate act.  He gave me the impression "what's the big bloody deal."  :))  I can tell they're quite close with each other.  I'm sure you're very happy with that.  :))

5 hours ago, Shinobu said:

They just released BinKan bts clips right before or after they died.  I felt like the PR team for this drama was sleeping on the job.  Anyways, I've seen what I could of BinKan bts clips but they're not enough to wench my thirst.  I'm want something more substantial.  :))  I do have a collector mentality and I buy dramas boxsets preferably in blu-ray format for quality reasons.  I don't ever watch the dramas again but I go through it for any additional information I haven't seen.  There were 3 clips they cut that I saw.  One when Kan took Bin back to his residence after they met.  Two, when they went on a date surveying the border in couple outfits and three, when Kan looked like he put on a robe for Bin or fixing Bin's robe.  I'm dying to see those scenes.

I did see the fanmeets and stuff and the red robe guy is very comfortable with his co-star.  He didn't mind kissing on the lips and appeared very natural with any intimate act.  He gave me the impression "what's the big bloody deal."  :))  I can tell they're quite close with each other.  I'm sure you're very happy with that.  :))

Ohhhh, do you have links to those 3 cut clips? I would like to see them. For thirst quenching, you can try fanfictions - There's a bunch on Lofter on 蹇齐 / BinKan. I like to watch BTS/fan-meets/stuffs of shows and actors I like because it usually depicts everyone having fun and I kinda feel closer to the actors, enabling to understand their characters more. @You've probs already saw but 00:48

The ending came out. The ending for Mongru/Zhi Ming is exactly as I foresee - I really hope there's a season two. What if Zhi Ming, for Mongru, changed and decide he wants to world? In Episode 28, Mongru greets Zhi Ming as how a subject greets the king - Mongru never did that before and he doesn't even show that kind of respect to the bearded king.

Is it a plothole that Kunyi & Gonsun's sword did the magic power thing in the beginning, but when Kun died, nothing happened to Kunyi? Or did I miss something?

I actually also have to argue that it's not that bad, plotwise. It remained intriguing to the end without dying off in the middle and while the ploys are rather simplistic, without much mind-blowing plot-in-plots it's full of action. 

Archived