Chinese Title: 刺客列传
English Title: Men with Sword
Episodes: 30
Episode Length: 40 mins
Network: Sohu TV
Released: August 14, 2016

RAW Episodes

Synopsis

Thunder crackles, territories split, warlords rise. The emperor worshiped by all the lands dies from an assassination, triggering a war that rages on for centuries. Four vassal states divide the central territory amongst themselves and rise to power, each reigning over their respective land. After Qiu Zhen, the assassin sent by Tianxuan Kingdom, succesfully kills the Jutian Kingdom's leader, he sealed himself in a coffin that allows his body to never rot, inducing reactions by four other swords.

- mydramalist

Cast
(includes members of Taiwanese boy group SpeXial)
Simon (SpeXial) as Qiu Zhen 

Spoiler

ba13cd66gw1f6zg2riawpj20qo1407ec.jpg

Ian (SpeXial) as Qi Zhi Kan

Spoiler

ba13cd66gw1f6zg2ryc5qj20qo14012p.jpg

Zhiwei (SpeXial) as Gong Sun Qian

Spoiler

ba13cd66gw1f6zg2rbbinj20qo140alz.jpg

Dylan (SpeXial) as Zhong Kun Yi

Spoiler

ba13cd66gw1f6zg2vf7tjj20nq0zk43e.jpg

Cha Jie as Mu Rong Li

Spoiler

ba13cd66gw1f6zg2v1n14j20nq0zkq7z.jpg

Evan (SpeXial) as Jian Bin

Spoiler

ba13cd66gw1f6zg2v0zaqj20qo140ztu.jpg

Huang Wei Jin as Yu Qing

Spoiler

006pvfvHjw1f5zp5mm6bzj30qo140anq.jpg

Zhu Jian as Zhi Ming

Spoiler

ba13cd66gw1f6zg2so3akj20qo140wo7.jpg

Lu Yun Feng as Ling Guang

Spoiler

ba13cd66gw1f6zg2uc3nej20qo140dpo.jpg

Peng Yu Chang as Meng Zhang

Spoiler

ba13cd66gw1f6zg2tk2ooj20qo140wny.jpg

Character Relationship Map

O_O...a love pentagon? this is the most complicated love-shape I have ever seen in a drama...

006pvfvHjw1f69nhbzhvyj31w01bsx6r.jpg

Vassal State Profiles

Spoiler

006pvfvHjw1f677f95eqmj32yy236x6s.jpg

006pvfvHjw1f665mpkq5xj31gr112dx8.jpg

006pvfvHjw1f64ttpdz48j32yy236u0y.jpg

006pvfvHjw1f63le0pmmxj32yy236hdv.jpg

006pvfvHjw1f62kff7tmyj32yy2361l0.jpg

006pvfvHjw1f61hqxceinj32yy236qv8.jpg

MVs

Spoiler

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did this come from? How come all these Chinese BL dramas are coming out, all it does is raise my hopes up (usually with smexy BTS scenes) and all we get is some butchered story that usually doesn't make sense (Ghost Boyfriend) or gets banned (Addicted/Reverse the Light) or is devastating (thanks UL2) because god forbid gay people have happy endings. Gah! 

Who am I kidding I'll be watching. Anyone subbing this in English? 

17 minutes ago, lolalarue said:

Where did this come from? How come all these Chinese BL dramas are coming out, all it does is raise my hopes up (usually with smexy BTS scenes) and all we get is some butchered story that usually doesn't make sense (Ghost Boyfriend) or gets banned (Addicted/Reverse the Light) or is devastating (thanks UL2) because god forbid gay people have happy endings. Gah! 

Who am I kidding I'll be watching. Anyone subbing this in English? 

I saw the trailer for this about 2-3 weeks ago and had no idea when it was airing~ stumbled across it today with 5 eps out already @_@

There's still at least 4 others that I have my eye on without official release dates yet.

I've watched the 5 eps subbed in Viet...and it's such a confusing story because of all the main characters. Yes, all the above guys are main characters T_T that ridiculous love shape will do my head in I swear. The interesting thing is that 4 of them are linked to each other via the swords they carry (haven't figured out what's so special about the swords yet).

The flower boy rating of this drama is through the roof though xD

Martial arts...not so much. I nearly spit water at my screen every time there's a fight scene :astonished:

For anyone that can understand Chinese, this details the role of each character:

Spoiler

上面那几颗红色的爱心在激荡着我这腐女的心,然而在我迫不及待的怀着春心荡漾的心情去看它时,我看到的是两个男主分分钟死掉的画面,我惊呆了,怀着好奇心和全剧没有一个妹子的感慨我看了下去,然后就一发不可收拾

首先裘振,他是个很矛盾的角色,王让他杀天下共主,而为了国家不遭苦难他也必须杀,但是啟昆帝的爱才和他的贤明让裘振有了一丝动摇,可最终他还是必须杀掉啟昆。回到天璇国,他见到陵光是久别重逢的喜悦,也是对陵光的担忧。为了不让陵光被世人羞骂,也是因为啟昆被杀,他选择了自杀,死之前,他对陵光说了八个字:惟愿吾王长享盛世。他为陵光,做了许多,牺牲了许多,他的死是一个遗憾,也是一个必然。

陵光。裘振死之前的我就不多说了,大家也都看了,多说无意义。裘振自杀后陵光的反应,是这部剧先给我最大的震撼。陵光看到裘振死了,他痛哭,他大喊裘振,他晕倒,他浑浑噩噩。小包子的演技真是不能不说啊。起初他只为夺天下,派出裘振这个死士而裘振死后,他便不想要这天下了。说他对裘振无半点情,我是不赞同的。裘振死后他的颓废,他的痴,都看在眼里。因为你在我要夺这天下,与你一起金戈铁马,如今你不在了,这天下于我而言,有什么意义?!那绝对不只是因为想长享盛世不想争夺权利的幡然悔悟,从小长大的玩伴,以及对他的愧疚,对他的情,这才是陵光颓废的全部原因。

蹇宾,齐之侃。(原谅我不一个一个说)其实天矶国这两个角色并不像裘振陵光慕容离这几个角色一样突出(个人观点不喜勿喷),因为本人也看过很多史剧史书了,这两个角色在各类剧、书中都很常见,有勇有谋。其实齐之侃这个角色更丰满,感觉他是比较忠心,比较单一(忠犬型男友?? 原谅我的yy2333)的那种性格。

公孙钤。看名字就知道钱很多←_←(住嘴!)是很有智谋啦。这个角色也是很普遍的那种但我们又不是只看人是看剧情的所以那么多人性格属性相同这也没什么好吐槽的重点是剧情!看后面好像与仲堃仪撕逼了←_←(阿离白眼)还是很期待后面的剧情走向。公孙大人真是能文能武撩的一手好妹啊(话说公孙大人与仲堃仪的剑为什么会有自动连线发光功能这个谁能给我解释下不是没有特效么)

仲堃仪。寒门出身,不卑不亢,勤奋刻苦,终得赏识。这也是个很有谋略的角色,但是看后来的预告他似乎被人坑了,这是怎么回事?

孟章王。(刘海强公公2333)其实才开始我是冲着帅气的孟章王去的。这个角色是个傀儡皇帝,但是想摆脱控制,可我感觉最终并没实现。隐忍为皮,和顺是骨,可怜筹谋,归尘土。对于这个角色,我是欣赏的,也是叹惋的,毕竟是个大帅哥。(喂泥垢了)这也同样是个贤明的皇帝,但至于智慧我只能说还差了一点,毕竟我看在剧中他都是听取臣子的想法(不是那种你们说完了我在做决定而是听他们的建议。好吧恕我资质不好毕竟理工女一枚表达能力欠缺请原谅看不明白的请忽略)

执明。混吃等死王(查杰口吻)2333。这个土豪皇帝与外面那些妖艳货好不一样。他不争天下,享乐人生充分诠释了"诗酒趁年华"。但是,他的智慧只能是小智慧。他不想夺天下,可别人要夺,到那时他的路就只有投降。

毓埥。还没出场不过这一定是个大boss。

最后压轴慕容离。这个角色我最看不透。一身遗世孤傲,还有吹的一手好萧(辣眼睛)。应该是他派刺客去杀仲堃仪那伙为什么我也不知道本人智商有限猜不透。而他同意去执明后宫(后宫是个什么鬼一本正经的胡说八道)我觉得他有利用执明王的心思在面,至于他想要的是什么,他究竟爱不爱执明王←_←我也很想知道。查杰真的非常适合演这个这么美的角色啊。。。(流口水)

而最后四个刺客结盟了?!结盟了?!我擦!这剧情走向我表示很期待。(以上仅为个人观点)

From the last sentence...it looks like all the assassins are in an alliance?

SpeXial...will be special...xD

e921eed6jw1f6z890ulg5j21400qok58.jpg

I'm actually following this drama solely for the Bin (Evan) Kan (Ian) ship.  It's not blatant bl but the subtle nuance is there, especially my BinKan ship.  I have a feeling this ship will crash and burn because Kan is an assassin from the mustache guy and one of the two will die but I still want to go down with this ship.

I like the all men cast.  It seems Chinese drama scene is doing something different.  I welcome that.

6 hours ago, Shinobu said:

I'm actually following this drama solely for the Bin (Evan) Kan (Ian) ship.  It's not blatant bl but the subtle nuance is there, especially my BinKan ship.  I have a feeling this ship will crash and burn because Kan is an assassin from the mustache guy and one of the two will die but I still want to go down with this ship.

I like the all men cast.  It seems Chinese drama scene is doing something different.  I welcome that.

I KNOW!! That ship is just so *doe eyes*.

Yes....unfortunately I don't think that one is going to end well. Their relationship wasn't set up to be a romance so I'm wondering just how it will play when the actual hearts start flying

Spoiler

Do you know if ALL the assassins are from the moustache guy?

3 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

I KNOW!! That ship is just so *doe eyes*.

Yes....unfortunately I don't think that one is going to end well. Their relationship wasn't set up to be a romance so I'm wondering just how it will play when the actual hearts start flying

Reveal hidden contents

Do you know if ALL the assassins are from the moustache guy?

I thought BinKan is one of the couples and I have no doubt since they're so into each other with all that lovey dovey aura.  The king adores his beloved general and the general takes great care of the king.  They're so beautiful my poor heart just couldn't take it.  That was how my obsession for them all started anyways.

I'm guessing the four assassins are from the one mustache guy after seeing some mv clips.  It also looks like my baby Jian Bin will be heart broken at the end for his beloved Kan's heart was never with him.  I hope that's not the case though.   

11 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

I thought BinKan is one of the couples and I have no doubt since they're so into each other with all that lovey dovey aura.  The king adores his beloved general and the general takes great care of the king.  They're so beautiful my poor heart just couldn't take it.  That was how my obsession for them all started anyways.

I'm guessing the four assassins are from the one mustache guy after seeing some mv clips.  It also looks like my baby Jian Bin will be heart broken at the end for his beloved Kan's heart was never with him.  I hope that's not the case though.   

I get the feeling it's completely one-sided though and that Kan was just playing the 'naive' general to get his orders moving. There are undertones of him reciprocating, but it always feels like Bin is more into it than Kan is =/

27 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

I get the feeling it's completely one-sided though and that Kan was just playing the 'naive' general to get his orders moving. There are undertones of him reciprocating, but it always feels like Bin is more into it than Kan is =/

I'm counting on Bin's sweetness to soften Kan's heart if it hasn't already.  "Though you don't want anything from me, I still want to give you the best of everything."  Awww...  Bin is such sweet talker.  I hope it's one of those stories where the spy falls for his target and abandon his mission.  My wishful thinking.

Btw, ep 8 Vsubbed is up and my beloved BinKan had the sweet moment where Bin takes off Kan's old armor and puts on the new one while gazing at each other, emphasized with bgm and all. ;)

4 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

I'm counting on Bin's sweetness to soften Kan's heart if it hasn't already.  "Though you don't want anything from me, I still want to give you the best of everything."  Awww...  Bin is such sweet talker.  I hope it's one of those stories where the spy falls for his target and abandon his mission.  My wishful thinking.

Btw, ep 8 Vsubbed is up and my beloved BinKan had the sweet moment where Bin takes off Kan's old armor and puts on the new one while gazing at each other, emphasized with bgm and all. ;)

I was watching that as I woke up this morning...and lord ROFLMAO I couldn't help but laugh so much. Ian is just so...."OMG I WANNA SQUISH HIS CHEEKS" naive looking that I'm like, "Evan, you better not be thinking what I think you're thinking!! Don't you be touching places while you be putting that armour on!!!"

But oh dear, that look that Kan has when Bin is like, "Your loyalty, I understand completely."

13 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

I was watching that as I woke up this morning...and lord ROFLMAO I couldn't help but laugh so much. Ian is just so...."OMG I WANNA SQUISH HIS CHEEKS" naive looking that I'm like, "Evan, you better not be thinking what I think you're thinking!! Don't you be touching places while you be putting that armour on!!!"

But oh dear, that look that Kan has when Bin is like, "Your loyalty, I understand completely."

Bin/Evan was acting all nonchalant about it and put on the armor knowing Kan/Ian was gazing at him with such adoring eyes.  If I could look at myself I square I probably saw hearts in my eyeballs. :D

Man, Bin/Evan was seducing Kan/Ian with his suaveness while Kan/Ian was playing the innocent clueless bambi falling for its prey.  I already saw the raws and they have more scenes coming.  I'm waiting for the piggy ride scene.

2 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Bin/Evan was acting all nonchalant about it and put on the armor knowing Kan/Ian was gazing at him with such adoring eyes.  If I could look at myself I square I probably saw hearts in my eyeballs. :D

Man, Bin/Evan was seducing Kan/Ian with his suaveness while Kan/Ian was playing the innocent clueless bambi falling for its prey.  I already saw the raws and they have more scenes coming.  I'm waiting for the piggy ride scene.

xD I'm waiting for the part where Kan rescues Bin and has to treat his injuries OH OH OH and when Kan gets injured and Bin has to treat him but then accidentally hurts him again MWAAHHAHAHA

Why are shippers always into their OTPs getting hurt....

Yes I'm watching this in Viet.  There are two group/individual subtitling this in Viet, one up to ep 2 the other is up to 8.  I watched raws up to 12.

It has been 17 years since I got into the bl scene and I'm very glad it's striving in China and Thai and VN is on top of it too.  It's the feeling of finally I get to see this day.

3 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

Oh wow...I was so immersed in the handsome faces that I totally missed so many clues about the assassins O_O

Do tell.  I only know they have the same sword and they resonate in close distance.  It is said Kan was a blacksmith before come serving under Bin.  He went up the mountain to forge the sword or something.  In ep 2, Bin went looking  for Kan and was mad that he wasn't coming back or something.   "Wait, wait for what?  That person doesn't want to come back."  Then he got attacked on the way back before Kan came to the rescue then showed him the sword.

14 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Yes I'm watching this in Viet.  There are two group/individual subtitling this in Viet, one up to ep 2 the other is up to 8.  I watched raws up to 12.

It has been 17 years since I got into the bl scene and I'm very glad it's striving in China and Thai and VN is on top of it too.  It's the feeling of finally I get to see this day.

Do tell.  I only know they have the same sword and they resonate in close distance.  It is said Kan was a blacksmith before come serving under Bin.  He went up the mountain to forge the sword or something.  In ep 2, Bin went looking  for Kan and was mad that he wasn't coming back or something.   "Wait, wait for what?  That person doesn't want to come back."  Then he got attacked on the way back before Kan came to the rescue then showed him the sword.

Spoiler

If Kan was just a blacksmith from the mountains, why would he have known to watch on standby as his 'forge' got burnt down. He knew that someone was after him and ran first xD well not only that but his martial arts skills too =)

There's probably other things but my mind is 110% full of another drama right now. I'll see if I can remember any more after I watch tonight's episode...tomorrow subbed =D

35 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

Hide contents

If Kan was just a blacksmith from the mountains, why would he have known to watch on standby as his 'forge' got burnt down. He knew that someone was after him and ran first xD well not only that but his martial arts skills too =)

There's probably other things but my mind is 110% full of another drama right now. I'll see if I can remember any more after I watch tonight's episode...tomorrow subbed =D

That's the narrative.  Nobody knows who he was before he took on the blacksmith cover.  But bloody hell, I didn't really understand what the heck it was about anyways.  I'm in this for the fanservice. :P

Everything else can be thrown out the window.  I just want to see my BinKan lovely moments. ;)

35 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

Hide contents

That's the narrative.  Nobody knows who he was before he took on the blacksmith cover.  But bloody hell, I didn't really understand what the heck it was about anyways.  I'm in this for the fanservice. :P

Everything else can be thrown out the window.  I just want to see my BinKan lovely moments. ;)

6 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

AHAHAHA AHHAHAHA

Aren't we all here for that? I can't wait to watch today's episode!!

Are you talking about the subbed ep or the raw ep?  If she can finish another ep today it'll be awesome.  The lady is ninja fast.  It seems BinKan couple isn't that popular though they're the most lovey dovey.  I'm at work right now so I have to wait and check later on if it's up.

Archived