[BL Webdrama] Men with Sword 刺客列传

IMOmusings

40 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

LOL I don't know what it is between Evan and Ian but even their bromance is enough to draw me in. Most times, CPs require a little chemistry to even have me interested, but not these two. Even their innocent bromance within SpeXial makes me all giddy xD (sadly they don't really interact TOO much when promoting with the group T_T)

Yeah I don't know what it is about Evan and Ian neither.  It was instant attraction for me so there's something special about them.  I've seen a bit of clips and they have enough interactions to wench my thirst. ;)  I think I've developed a bit of an addiction as well.  :lol:

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to post some caps of Lord Bin after he heard the news about Kan leaving his post in ep 26.  From the beginning it's always clear how Bin feels about Kan and I'm quite satisfied with his reactions.

Realizing his other half no longer comes back to his side.

ep26_01.png

Lose strength on his feet.
ep26_02.png

In shock.
ep26_03.png

In pain.
ep26_04.png

In profound distress crying out for his name to come back in vain like a child.
ep26_05.png

"My dear Kan, come back to my side."
ep26_06.png

Where would you see a lord weeping desperately for his subject.
ep26_07.png

You know how deeply the lord loves this man.
ep26_08.png

Drowning in so much distress, so much sorrow, so much pain.
ep26_09.png

Now no one can reigns or pacifies his anger.  And if look could kill it probably will.
ep26_10.png

"Because of you that my beloved Kan is gone.  I'm chopping you down you little @##$%"
ep26_11.png

If I had to live my life without you near me, the days would all be empty nothing01.png

The nights would seem so long,

nothing02.png

with you I see forever oh, so clearly,

nothing03.pngnothing08.png

I might have been in love before but it never felt this strong

nothing09.png
nothing10.png

Our dreams are young and we both know

nothing11.png
nothing12.png

They'll take us where we want to go

nothing13.png
nothing14.png

Hold me now
sword02.png
nothing16.png

Touch me now

nothing17.png
nothing18.png

I don't want to live without you

nothing19.png
nothing20.png

Nothing's gonna change my love for you

nothing21.pngnothing04.png

You ought to know by now how much I love you

nothing22.png
nothing23.png

One thing you can be sure of

nothing24.png
nothing25.png

I'll never ask for more than your love

nothing26.png
nothing27.png
nothing28.png
nothing29.png

...I legitimately think this is the most painful an emotional end to a BL pairing I have ever watched O_O 

:bawling:

looks like all the swords are linked by their owner's blood...

If anyone actually manages to finish the series, please come back and let us know how it ends T_T

I'm still confused as to what happened there.  Suddenly mustache came to Bin's fortress and I don't know if this was the main capital fortress or what.  It just means that whatever sacrifice Kan did was for naught.  If Kan did not leave, Bin probably wouldn't have lost so easily then ended up killing himself.  But anyways, mustache said something to Bin which gave him a shocking look.  I don't know if it was about Kan or not.  (It probably was.)  I'm waiting to gather more information to understand what the heck happened.  More importantly, what Kan was feeling after Bin died.  I didn't see any emotion whatsoever.

I begged my good friend to do trans for ep 27 from 4:11 to 15:00  (Name changes to be consistent with how I call them)

4:11
Mustache: Do you know why you have lost?
Bin: We have lost, there is nothing more to say.  Do what you want with me.
Mustache: We heard, you have good with people's hearts.  You have ways to control your subordinates.  Do you really believe people's hearts are that easy to control?
Bin: We don't want to hear this right now.
Mustache: We?  You are king, as am I.  Why don't we calm down, and have a good chat.  What would you like to hear?
Bin: What's the situation in JieShui City right now?
Mustache: I haven't thought, White Robe's King will ask about this.
Bin: The battle has ended, unless, there is some secrects during that battle.  Or...
Mustache: If White Robe's King really would like to know, then let us tell you.  In fact, we didn't kill Kan.
Bin:  What!?  You didn't!?  Then where is he?
Mustache: Someone wanted me to spare his life.  Right now, I have sent him to somewhere else.
Bin: Where!?
Mustache: Do you think it means anything to ask that now?
Bin: You are still going to kill him.
Mustache: That's right.  Such a millitary genius, if he cannot be used by us, then he can't stay alive.
Bin: After all, we are the one who failed him.
Mustache: That's right.  If it weren't for the suspicion in your heart, you wouldn't have missed your window of opportunity.  And we wouldn't have taken White Robe's so easily.  You thought, it was your spy who found out about the secrect communications between Kan and someone else?  If that person doesn't intentionally leak hints to you, no one would discover him even if he walks around in the palace.  Speak of which, what a shame?  The battle of JieShui City is not a real battle.  We have been able to truly fight with General Qi on the battlefield.
Bin: Not a real battle?  Then what was that?
Mustache: NanSu's army surrounded JieShui City for more than half of a month.  During which time, spies were sent to infiltrate the city.  However, General Qi ruled the army firmly, it wasn't easy to move the soldiers' spirits.  But civilians are a different story.  When it is a matter of life and death, they can't see anything else.  Rumor of massacre caused complete chaos.
Bin: Therefore, that's why my dear Kan opened gates, and surrendered JieShui City to you.
Mustache: General Qi is not a cold-hearted person.  He has no fear facing a massive army.  But he can't steel his heart with the prospect of massacre of an entire city's civilians.
Bin: My dear Kan, we have failed you.
Mustache: You are king of White Robe's, we will let you keep your dignity.  Come, give White Robe's king's sword back to him.
(Flashback)
Kan:  I can take an oath right now in front of His Majesty, if Royal Adviser can make NanSu retreat, and never invade White Robe again, I shall take my own life in front of His Majesty and the rest of you as apology.
(End flashback)
Guy in red: General Qi, where do you plan to go?
Kan: Where?  I don't know where I should go, either.
Guy in red: By now, Mustache probably has taken HuiYan City already.
Kan: I wonder how would YuQing treat my lord.
Guy in red: He wouldn't give him too much humiliation.
Kan: A king who lost his country is always humiliated.
Guy in red: Just like me.  No matter where I live, I always feel ashamed.
Kan: Are you helping YuQing to take over the world?
Guy in red: I don't care if he wants the world or not.
Qi: Then what is it that you want?
Guy in red: I don't know, either.
(Series of flashbacks)
Bin: My dear Kan, you should leave.  We know that you didn't want to come to the palace with us to begin with. If we are not king of White Robe's, we would want to leave, too.
Kan: How can I leave and abandon my lord.
Bin: We know your loyalty.
Bin: We never thought, one day, my dear Kan and us will be in disagreement.
Bin: We wiped this armor everyday for you, never allowing dust to come upon it.  
Bin: We are still King of White Robe's, do you think I can't protect you!?
Kan: I didn't mean that.
Bin: You have distanced yourself from me.
Bin: You have save me many times from danger.
Kan: There is nothing I can do that can repay my lord's trust in me.
Bin: My dear Kan, are you disappointed with us?
Kan: I shall follow my lord's orders untill my life ends.  I cannot repay my lord even with my life.
(End flashback)
Kan: Doesn't matter.
Guy in red: General Qi, are you going to kill to avenge White Robe's King?
Kan: What's the use of killing you.
Guy in red: General Qi!
(Flashback)
Voice: Today, the four country vow to heaven and earth here.  We shall unite against enemies.   Alliance formed!

33 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

LOL that last line sounds like something out of power rangers or sailor moon xD

True that.  Maybe I should have left that line out.  I'm not sure what that scene was included (whether it meant that one of the 4 betrayed therefore things are falling apart or what.)  Bloody hell, I ain't care about that alliance stuff.

On 9/17/2016 at 11:30 PM, yuuna92 said:

*watch the suicide scene* 

(┛✧Д✧))┛彡┻━┻

i have enough!!!

Seriously!! I'm so confused with the title of the series now cause we have 1 assassination in episode 1, and 3 other suicides.... (the Chinese title literally translates to "Assassin Biographies"... ) maybe the English title is more apt lol 

On 9/18/2016 at 7:25 AM, IMOmusings said:

...I legitimately think this is the most painful an emotional end to a BL pairing I have ever watched O_O 

:bawling:

looks like all the swords are linked by their owner's blood...

If anyone actually manages to finish the series, please come back and let us know how it ends T_T

I'm just waiting for next week to see how they end the series :/ There's only 2 more episodes left :( The green king also died/dies too .... what's gonna happen in season 2? if we do get one... Last 2 episodes better give us some answers! 

In any case, I want Evan & Ian to act together again, not matter what their roles are!! They have such great chemistry! Best bromance/cp in the series~ <3

6 hours ago, elliezsnow said:

Seriously!! I'm so confused with the title of the series now cause we have 1 assassination in episode 1, and 3 other suicides.... (the Chinese title literally translates to "Assassin Biographies"... ) maybe the English title is more apt lol 

Well.....there are 4 assassins...at least I'm pretty sure there are (the ones who do all the dirty work and formed that alliance). I just have no idea how they'll end it T_T especially if 1/4 is gone...

No, the title is wrong.  The story is about 4 kings and their pretty boys close officials.  And close here can be literal with certain pairings because they would be together 99% of their screen time and their dynamics and interactions drives the story.  Two of the four have emphasized romantic display and one of the two mutual while the other one sided.

Personally I think whoever made this is very confused about their targeted audience.  An all male cast obviously means women are more likely to watch and women prefer emphasis on romance.  The problem with this is their half-@$$ romance which isn't going all the way enough for women and their silly nonsensical illogical political scheme that isn't good enough for men or whoever want to take the story seriously for that matter.

17 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

Well.....there are 4 assassins...at least I'm pretty sure there are (the ones who do all the dirty work and formed that alliance). I just have no idea how they'll end it T_T especially if 1/4 is gone...

They formed an alliance to fight against the bearded king :/ but that alliance is pretty rocky lol, they each still prioritize their own country/hidden agendas... I wouldn't say the 4 that formed an alliance are assassins. The red clothes guy is the mastermind manipulating everyone and passing secret curated messages to each person in the alliance + the bearded king too...

GAH, one more week and the last two episodes comes out

2 hours ago, outsanity said:

Omg. I disappear from the internet for a few months and I come back to this sudden influx of BL Webdrama, like WTH.

This looks to be a really interesting series and all! With a great plot, too? Maybe? 

It's a all male cast, so there's tons of bromance and subtle BL ; it's not explicitly BL b/c they don't say "those two are boyfriends and whatnot", just have pairings/couples :D (which is sweet and adorable enough already haha)

the premise is that there are 4 vassal states that declared independence and proclaim to be their own country. Each country is fighting to strengthen themselves and potentially take over other countries. Definitely watch through at least the first 3-6 episodes to see the all the lead roles! Episode 1 was meh for me, but it's provides us with background and is the catalyst for many things to come :) T he plot gets pretty intricate as their is a lot of conversations of plotting going on, especially in later episodes

The opening and character cap things give me a very video game feel.

Other than that, not sure why the characters are so glare-y and scowl-y all the time. I especially don't get the "super ultra pretty guy in pink" - they tried to play him as mysterious and all that, but I'm like, ?? why is everyone so crazy over a guy who plays the flute pretty well ._. (Is that even the right way to hold a flute...?)

Edit: I didn't really like how the Pink Robe Prince was introduced, but he's kind of growing on me. I'm one of few who doesn't see a lot of chemistry between Kan/Bin? It feels like Bin really really cares about Kan but Kan is just meh-doesn't-get-it (aside from flashbacks, where it's reversed). 

Oddly, I'm really drawn to the Pink Robe X Blue Robe (I can not, for the life of me, remember their names right now) pairing. I'm so scared about what Pink Robe will do to him and what really is on Pink Robe's mind. Blue is kind of like this adorable, happy puppy >< I don't want him to be hurt. 

On 9/20/2016 at 11:03 AM, Shinobu said:

Personally I think whoever made this is very confused about their targeted audience.  An all male cast obviously means women are more likely to watch and women prefer emphasis on romance.  The problem with this is their half-@$$ romance which isn't going all the way enough for woman and their silly nonsensical illogical political scheme that isn't good enough for men or whoever want to take the story seriously for that matter.

I think it's alright. They kind of half-assed both the romance and politic intrigue, but two half-asses make one whole. I've suffered through worse TV series. Political intrigue-wise, it's definitely a few leagues below epic productions like Nirvana, or Miyue. But I feel like a strong political show wouldn't really allow room for romance (romance just kind of ruins that streamlined cynical tension....like dude, I don't watch political intrigue shows for romance, romance can GTFO), so I'm actually quite OK with this balance. (I'm female, btw) 

Sadly, I'm just not on the same Bin/Kan ship everyone else is on? It just feels so one-sided to me, one way or another. When Bin is warm and affectionate, Kan is poker face. When Kan is warm and affection, Bin is epic scowl. :/ And I kinda feel that Bin is so much more girlish...oops.

6 minutes ago, outsanity said:

I think it's alright. They kind of half-assed both the romance and politic intrigue, but two half-asses make one whole. I've suffered through worse TV series. Political intrigue-wise, it's definitely a few leagues below epic productions like Nirvana, or Miyue. But I feel like a strong political show wouldn't really allow room for romance (romance just kind of ruins that streamlined cynical tension....like dude, I don't watch political intrigue shows for romance, romance can GTFO), so I'm actually quite OK with this balance. (I'm female, btw) 

Sadly, I'm just not on the same Bin/Kan ship everyone else is on? It just feels so one-sided to me, one way or another. When Bin is warm and affectionate, Kan is poker face. When Kan is warm and affection, Bin is epic scowl. :/ And I kinda feel that Bin is so much more girlish...oops.

Nope, you're not the only one that feels it seems a bit one-sided...in saying that, that's what intrigues me about their CP xD 

Half the fun for me watching this is seeing whether I can spot the minuscule nuances that Kan expresses in his relationship with Bin ^.^

49 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

Nope, you're not the only one that feels it seems a bit one-sided...in saying that, that's what intrigues me about their CP xD 

Half the fun for me watching this is seeing whether I can spot the minuscule nuances that Kan expresses in his relationship with Bin ^.^

Au Contraire, I'm totally watching this for the BlueXPink CP. Feels like Pink has quite the backstory and Blue is just so ... adorable, haha. I should find the appropriate name for that ship xP  

6 hours ago, outsanity said:

Au Contraire, I'm totally watching this for the BlueXPink CP. Feels like Pink has quite the backstory and Blue is just so ... adorable, haha. I should find the appropriate name for that ship xP  

the cryingXblank face CP?

I don't think I've seen blue express any emotions other than blank...his emotions usually come through via voice....and pink oh lord, don't get me started on him @_@

Archived