September 24, 2016

Starlet to Appear in Much Anticipated TV Series

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

2016092400378_0.jpg

Shin Hye-sun

Actress Shin Hye-sun, who is enjoying rising popularity thanks to the recently ended TV soap "Five Children," has been cast for a much anticipated TV series along with Jeon Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho.

The new fantasy drama is written by Park Ji-eun, who wrote the mega hit TV series "My Love from the Star," and will start airing in November. It is inspired by a mermaid story from Korea's first historical story book.

Asked what it feels like to appear in such an anticipated drama, Shin said "I am both excited and nervous as I know Jeon and Lee have already begun shooting their parts. I feel I need to work hard to catch up, and I will do my best."

Since her debut in 2013, Shin has continuously appeared in TV dramas and films, though in minor roles, and gradually gained recognition as most of her shows became hits. This year, she gained recognition in "A Violent Prosecutor" for a kiss scene with heartthrob Kang Dong-won and was praised for her performance in "Five Children."

"I've never thought about doing anything else. Being an actress has been my one and only dream," Shin said.

Asked why she made her debut relatively late in life despite her long-cherished dream, she said, "I had no idea where to begin. After entering college as a theater and film major I seriously started to try to debut professionally. I took a couple of years off and applied to many agencies and auditions, but I couldn't even pass their screening stages."

"People often say you must fail one hundred auditions until you succeed but I had no opportunity for any. To be honest, I was even jealous of those who failed auditions. But I never gave up. I believed in myself."

• Like 8

@rubie Thank you!! Nice to have immortals contributing to this humble little corner of the web also. :D

On 9/24/2016 at 1:02 AM, OliviaMT said:

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/17/september-cosmetics-spokesmodel-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed/

Our girl made the list!!!   Albeit, at number 22, but that's not bad! 

@OliviaMT Yes, number 22 but rising fast, and oori-HyeSun-see just getting started. :phew:

• Like 6

On 9/8/2016 at 8:53 AM, meechuttso said:

[SS Interview #1] Shin HyeSun "Dating fellow actor approve, want a taller feller"B)

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/436127

SS: After wrapping up 9 months of shooting "Five Children" you must finally be getting some rest.

SHS: Yes, for the first time in a long while I rested well. Month of September is wide open. First I want to go to a dog swimming pool. There's a place you can take your pet. As the drama started, I received a Bichon-Frise puppy, but he's all grown up already. I really hardly played with him at all, so this time I plan to let him play with me alot. In human age he's about 4 years(?) so I want to make some memories with him.

@cadymcbronzie Good to hear from you again! Yes there are many pretty IG posts we can put up from her past. One I want to re-share now is her with her puppy from earlier in the year that she mentions in one of the articles translated before.

:wub:

• Like 6

20.gif?type=w800%B9%DD%C2%F9%C3%AC%B0%DC%C1%D6%B1%E22.gi

40.png?type=w800

극중에서 대놓고 며느리 프리패스상.gif  - Uncontested "Daughter-in-law Free-Pass Prize"

저도 상민씨 많이 좋아하고 있습니다.
저도 상민씨 만나서 많이 바꼇어요.
상민씨 평소에 저 많이 배려해주고 있기도하고.
저도 상민씨 만나면서 여러모로 긍정적인 영향받고 있습니다.
I, too, like SangMin-see very much.
I, too, since meeting SangMin-see, have been changed much.
SangMin-see is always so considerate towards me also.
Through meeting SangMin-see, I am being positively influenced in many ways.

:wub::P:w00t: One of many prizes SHS and SH can claim individually and collectively. This is a user forum posting, but from the comments it was funny how some people still didn't make the connection between SHS and her previous roles or just didn't know who she was still.B)

Linking in YeonSang thread also.

• profile42.png
  • Like 7

?guid=77ebbbf0-39c0-408f-a95e-66396b707c

As the 'birth parent' of this thread, I am obligated to cover and promote all angles of oori-HyeSun-see and her "positive attributes". Here is simply an 'interesting' angle we had not seen before. This is not an attempt at 'objectification' of oori-HyeSun-see for personal gratification. I would never endorse or tolerate that here or anywhere. :phew:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Good to hear from you again!

Hi chingu :lol:

I miss SHS lately and been watching Oh My Ghostess while waiting for The Legend of the Blue Sea. Heck! I even watched the Happy Together 3 (Unique Couples) because I miss her interaction with SH :w00t:

I can't wait to see her onscreen again and see her develop her talent even more. Such a gem indeed, and thank goodness for this thread. Because I get to share this happiness with you folks.

Hope that there will be more updates in time to come!

And great job @meechuttso! Let's keep this thread alive ;)

• Like 5

On 24 September 2016 at 0:25 PM, rubie said:

September 24, 2016

Starlet to Appear in Much Anticipated TV Series

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

@rubie, thanks for sharing this article! :)

But I think SHS would much more deserve the title "actress" rather than starlet. :( Would have preferred to have the article title be: "Actress to Appear in Much Anticipated TV Series." :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Anyeonghasaeyo everyone... Seems like shin hye sun is busy shooting by now since she haven't post any update on her ig..

Just want to know, when will the movie Haroo (One day), be released? I miss her already... :bawling:

Just watched 'She was pretty'.. Hye sun unnie is soo cute.. Really looking forward to watch legend of the blue sea in november soon...    :)

~~ She is gorgeous in that wedding dress.. 

• Like 4

http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view.html?ar_id=NISX20161005_0014429295&cID=10601&pID=10600

@shanana123

Movie "Haru" shooting finished... Next year release.

Movie "Haru"('One Day', Director Cho SunHo), which received attention for its meeting of actors Kim MyungMin and Byun YoHan, has finished all filming and has gone into post production.

... Shin HyeSun played the role of MinChul's wife 'MiKyung'.

--

That's all there is on SHS. Still sounds like a minor role for oori-HyeSun-see, and in a hybrid between "Ground Hog Day" and "14 Days"?:(

• Like 4

( Although just 'published', this is stuff from 8 weeks ago. )

AQUTOP YouTube Channel

We want more! We want more! We want lots more of oori-HyeSun-see!! :wub: (Oh, the 'interview' just says, "Today's shooting concept is 'pretty', 'pretty?', 'pretty?'". - Meechuttso's own opinion - Can't decide if their promotion angle of her beauty is pure and innocent in a 'childlike' or 'childish' way. Something very goofy, amateurish about many of her commercial endeavors - can't figure out if it's intentional or not.) :rolleyes::crazy::tears:

• Like 6

@shanana123 Here you go.

떠나가고있다 = Departing (in the process of)

aqutop_official <Overflowing with Youthful Beauty - Her Secret?>

Her Overwhelming Autumn Scent! Just what's about to happen?

#IfCurous #Oct14th2pm #JustDepartingNow #coming_soon #AQUTOP #aqutop #ShinHyeSun #Teaser #AtAgeOfPeakBeauty #KakaoNips #Autumn #SkinCare #SpecialCare #WrinkleCare ...

aqutop_official<아련미 넘치는 그녀의 비밀?>
가을 향기 물씬 풍기는 그녀! 대체 무슨 일이 있는 걸까요?
#궁금하면 #10월14일 #2시 #떠나가고있다 #coming_soon #아쿠탑 #aqutop #신혜선 #티저 #한참_동안_예쁠_나이 #카카오닙스 #가을 #스킨케어 #스페셜케어 #주름관리 #동안 #수분충전 #영양충전 #SkinCare #K_Beauty #SpecialCare #DailyCare

Looks like their Fall promo event. Different feel from her Summer one. Theme is 'departing'.... :phew:

• Like 4