[Drama 2016] Shopping King Louie 쇼핑왕 루이

Guest phi3nk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest phi3nk

SIG with his silly pose, huaha... 

And who's that girl? Is that Nam Ji Hyun? I guess she felt embarrased at Gukie's behaviour, hehe...

Another update today. 

Idk if this room is Louie's room or his grandma's. But the interior is so expensive.

The shooting scene

@phi3nk thanks for the warm welcome. It's nice to see our other 38TF chingus such as @jongski and  @pafaccio here as well. And I'm quite sure others will follow once the drama starts airing.

@jongski, @pafaccio as much as I would love to help with recaps, it won't be possible this time. As it's a weekday drama that's even airing an hour earlier than 38TF I'm still stucked in office or at class when the show airs at my side. As much as my students would love to hear me telling them to go home earlier because I'll have take care of some 'other important tasks' my boss wouldn't be too happy. This time I'll need to rely on reading the recaps on my way home before I can finally watch them raw hours after they aired.

@juliacaesar Thanx for pointing out the reference to the clothing brand. I didn't know this brand before but after you pointed it out I checked their online store. I'm curious whether their clothes will actually be worn by the actors once the drama airs. I mean it's one of the few occasions where PPL wouldn't even look weird once the drama is actually having it introduced within the title. Now it would actually look weird for me if their clothes would not be shown within the show.

---

Once again couldn't resist some Instragram 'research'...

First fan-arts are out already.

Those comparisons above are so funny... But the first official character stills for SIG also got recognition...

---

The last one is a shot of the one Jumper Jacket SIG is wearing in all these funny BTS pics...

I'm not sure whether I'm the only one but whenever I see such a jumper jacket it instantly brings back memories of Hyun Bin' character in Secret garden. If we would get those kind of funny jokes or hijinks related to this jacket and why he needs to wear it I wouldn't be able to stop laughing...:glasses:

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2016] Shopping King Louie 쇼핑왕 루이 - Seo In Guk, Nam Ji Hyun, Yoon Sang Hyun confirmed
5 hours ago, phi3nk said:

SIG with his silly pose, huaha... 

And who's that girl? Is that Nam Ji Hyun? I guess she felt embarrased at Gukie's behaviour, hehe...

Idk if this room is Louie's room or his grandma's. But the interior is so expensive.

@phi3nk First of all, I love your photo in your profile :wub: I wish he can appears to me like this and said "Peek-A-Boo"!!! 

I think the girl is NJH... Maybe she was laughing! hehehehehehe I'm laughing too looking at him!

I love that apartment...very fancy and luxurious!!!!! He fell in love of YJD's apartment on 38TF... I bet he is going to fall in love again if this is his new apartment!!!

@Lady_Fay Thanks for all your help before, and don't worry if you can't do it this time!!! I wish I can help. I can read Korean, but I cannot understand all that I'm reading or listening, plus I can't write fast in English without making terrible mistakes. I catch few things here and there, but not at the level to do a live recap! Let's hope that Viki approve the drama and translate the episodes fast! 

9 hours ago, phi3nk said:

The relationship chart

CqdsO_tUAAAc1m6.jpg

Could somebody willing to translate it?

@phi3nk I did my best!!!! I know there are mistakes, and sorry for the ugly chart, but I did it in a rush!

-Ok...So far the chart said that in the mansion live Louie's grandmother, two butlers (Heo and Kim) and a couple. The man in that couple is the father of the girl Baek Ma-Ri, who it looks like she wants all the guys for her hahahahaha ...She has a possessive relationship toward Louie and Cha Joong-Won!!! The wife of Baek Ma-Ri's father is not her mother.

-At the rooftop (of the mansion perhaps) live together a mother and son. The son (Jo In Sung) is Louie's best friend (best big brother).

-Louie and Ko Bok-Sil love each others, but she has a sister (Go Bog-Nam) who maybe loves Louie???? Or maybe he loves her??? Or something unknown happens between them hehehehe

-Baek Ma-Ri is jealous of Ko Bok-Sil.... Of course.... because the two guys that she wants like KBS and not her!!! hehehehe

-Someone is at the police station!

-There is another couple witch woman is the mother of Cha Joong-Won, but the man is not his father!

-Plus, there are other four people at the Shopping Mall!!!

I know that there are some non accurate translations, but at least we can have a better picture of what is going to happen!

The surname of Ko Bok-Sil can be translated as Go (like I wrote down for her sibling). The chart doesn't say that is a sister, but I assumed is a girl for the "?" question mark between him/her and Louie.

10 hours ago, phi3nk said:

2nd stills.

OMG!!! Nam Ji Hyunnnn!!!!

What's happen to you? LOL

She's really immersed to her role 100%. Being country girl who lives in the mountain? OMG!

src : http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2016082314125006568

Now I'm curious, How these two unique people (Louie and Bok Gil) meet? Oh Gosh, I can't imagine...

It looks like they makeover her face in darker color, like showing that she was working under the sun for long periods of time!

Between her ajumma's look and SIG's bird's nest hair style, I bet this couple is going to be one of my favorites and the funniest one! :D

Just wanted to chime in and say how much I'm looking forward to seeing the leads! To be honest, I'm not sure of the plot(and the fact that the writer is pretty much new- no past works to speculate off of), so I'm curious as to what made SIG and NJH choose this, as both have never really done a mediocre-bad drama. I guess I'll trust them on this one too, haha. 

Has anyone seen Im Se Mi in anything before? I don't know what her acting is like, but I thought it was pretty refreshing that they cast someone who had never really been in a leading/main cast position(not counting daily dramas) yet has been around for a while. And of course, I'm most excited to see ji hyun in a lead role finally. I'm really excited to see her and Seo in guk together- she's had amazing chemistry with every actor she's worked with(yeo jin goo, lee hyun woo, kim soo hyun, kang ha neul- she's made me ship her with all of them :D). 

@phi3nk OMG!thanks for the new stills,and the uploads,and I loved the selfie of NJH she look so pretty!I just can't wait to see the posters...and I like the relationship chart,which I thanks to @pafaccio for the translation,you are geat thank you!:wub:

I didn't really like the darker color of NJH it look fake,but I get the feeling of her role as a hard working country girl,who spend must of her time out in the sun.and now that I know she will have a sister,I think her sis will look different from her,maybe more stylish?I can kinda imagine her the kind of girl who take care for her look.GBS look more like the old-fashioned smart girl,beloved be the oldest neighbor,who wish to have her as they're grandchildren wife,a girl like that!I think I'm going to love,and have fun with our mine couple!and it's look like the whole neighbor,and friends going to be fun to watch...just can't wait till the drama air!:lol:

Guest phi3nk

@pafaccio Thank you very much, sis  Compliment Emoji Emoji 

I'm waiting for the unique relationship between our leads. How they will meet and how they end up together. I can imagine the bickering between these two, the boy who loves to shop and the girl is the opposite. The boy who cute like a puppy and the girl is innocent and naive. I have a feeling that this is would be like High School King Savvy. The hilarious and the atmosphere. 

@spark101 Because this is the first project of the writer, we can't judge furthermore what kind of wrier s/he is. But I hope s/he is good enough. I guess we are on the same method, just trust to the actors this time, haha....

And guess what...??!!! Our leading man already had followed Ji Hyun's instagram yesterday. Would she follow him back? And I hope they're gonna upload some picture of them both together, please,,,

Louie Poster Photoshoot   Compliment Emoji Emoji

(since the owner have removed the posting, I put the pict in the spoiler below :glasses:)

Spoiler

CqnOEsDUAAALlHF.jpg

Well the only one I know from this drama is SIG. So yeah,  I'm watching this for him.  Not the kind of genre  I like. I hope it's funny not corny, it has heart but story is not sappy.  I want to watch and not drop this. I'm gonna check this.

I also don't like how they made the lead actress NJH  skin color is darker... looks like they sprayed something to make it dark.. but anyway, looking forward to SIG.

Guest phi3nk

Nam Ji Hyun turns into a farmer girl for 'Shopping King Louie'

Actress Nam Ji Hyun transformed from a sweet and chic college student into a sweet and tough country bumpkin for MBC's 'Shopping King Louie'!

Still cuts released on August 23 show her transformation.  She has a nice, dark tan and is dressed from head to toe in true country fashion with the arm sleeves, button-down shirt, and baggy farming pants.  She has her signature smile on her face as she treks around the forest, enjoying the sunny day.  She has perfectly captured the lovable and refreshing Bok Shil - how might she be when she meets Louie (Seo In Guk)?

This is her first time playing the lead in a mini-series, and she said, "I'm having fun filming even in this sticky weather, so please show a lot of interest and love in 'Shopping King Louie.'"

It starts on September 21 after the conclusion of 'W'.

src : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/nam-ji-hyun-turns-into-a-farmer-girl-for-shopping-king-louie

If we count at how many episode of W that has been aired, SKL will be aired Sept, 21.

Sun Wo Mom... 

@pafaccio That grand piano, huhu.... 

Archived