[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The Starry Night The Starry Sea 那片星空,那片海

sugarplum892

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of the best scenes of the drama 

Oh gosh if it was me drinking that much water..  I would be visiting loo every second. 

hug scene while drunk...

I start to believe this girl is stupid sometimes, how could she tell her friend go and get the wine from my grand dad's cabinet, even if he is your friend..  Why does not she even suspect from her friends questions about Julian.. I would be suspicious... 

the scene where she fell of the sea, its obviously filmed in an aqua park.. or a big aquarium .  I love the visuals in this drama. the sea it is amazing.  though I remmeber seeing that heart shape in the middle of the sea in another Chinese Drama. He know knows that she got the pearl in her body...  or the fish are clever they are aware of that she is going to be the mermaid Queen :D

so there are 2 ways to obtain the spiritual peal 

Cuting the person vein with using black wizard's knife. but that disappeared 

and....... 

here we go again 

TRUE LOVE'S KISS

@makeuptemple Thanks for the info on Dramafever. Have been watching this drama on Viki. Haven't had any problems with the picture freezing a lot. 

Finally watched episode 9 and 10. Episode 9 gives us information re how the full moon and the days prior to it affects WJL---and I'm assuming all mermaids. WJL gets very weak a few days before the full moon and actually faints while hanging clothes. LL is called by XL to come and check in WJL. She warns WJL that he should leave XL's home because the next time he faints he may expose his identity.  What happens is when WJL becomes weak in his human form, he changes back to being a mermaid and needs to get back into the water. This weakness is worse now because he doesn't have the spiritual pearl to keep him strong. It does show his arm changing to an arm with fish scales in the color blue. He must rest when this happens in order for him to turn the parts of his body that changes back to human form. 

Boss An orders DT to attack WJL the night of the full moon because that's when he will be at his weakness and will not have his super strength to fight off the attackers. Episode 10 ::  LL knowing his venerability keeps tabs on him and was able to fend the attackers off with her martial arts abilities and bring WJL to the ocean before  anyone could see his true form. . Because WJL was too weak, he wasn't able to feel the spiritual pearl in XL. WJL returns the next day as a human and goes back to XL. The episodes also shows the leads slowly falling in love with each other.

We learn more about why the Black Wizards want the spiritual pearl.  It looks like the adopted father of An is Da Xiaolin , WJL's best friend who stole the spiritual pearl from WJL a hundred and fifty years ago. Before he dies he tells An he must find and bring back the spiritual pearl. The reason: The pearl has the power to bring him back to life. I'm not sure whether it will give him eternal life though. XL is also the descendent of Da Xiaolin . Da Xiaolin is shown in a clear casket, preserved by An and  waiting to be brought back to life with the spiritual pearl. I don't know if WJL knows the reason why the Black Wizards are after his spiritual pearl. This is a 32 or 40 episode drama so a long way more to go.

Hello! New here! But watched almost all episodes with subbed.Because I love this drama!

I love how the two leads are falling in love slowly. They really have chemistry.The way Wu Julan looks at Shen Luo made me jealous of her.He is so tender toward her.Not to mention he only smiled at her and listened to her. I hope they can be together.I have seen latest episodes aired in China and it had me worried really. I am not sure if I am 100% correct,but what I understand is Shen Luo was drowned before and his grandpa used the Pearl to save her.Without it,she will die. And we all know WJL won't survive longer if he is without it too. I really want those two to together. :cry: 

@Mailelei No, An Zuo's adoptive father is not Du Xiaolin, the one who betrayed Wu JL. An Zuo became a Black Wizard in order to bring back his adoptive father to life. I guess, WJL will discover very soon why Shen Luo received the spiritual pearl in the first place. He will rescue her. Honestly, DT's step-sister is really stupid, cruel and so selfish. In my opinion, DT is still living in the past therefore he doesn't know SL very well. HE still has the person from the past in his mind, when he sees her. He doesn't really see the real and actual SL at all. Moreover, he has been betraying her very often so his so called love is in the end superficial.

7 hours ago, Ma OO said:

Hello! New here! But watched almost all episodes with subbed.Because I love this drama!

I love how the two leads are falling in love slowly. They really have chemistry.The way Wu Julan looks at Shen Luo made me jealous of her.He is so tender toward her.Not to mention he only smiled at her and listened to her. I hope they can be together.I have seen latest episodes aired in China and it had me worried really. I am not sure if I am 100% correct,but what I understand is Shen Luo was drowned before and his grandpa used the Pearl to save her.Without it,she will die. And we all know WJL won't survive longer if he is without it too. I really want those two to together. :cry: 

Yes as Julan said to the other lady in white Shen Luo was drowned when she was young so grand dad put the spiritual pearl into her body...  I believe from what I saw from the credit scenes, they'll exchange the pearl a couple of times..  And even if there is no pearl do you remmeber the first episode someone was speaking i think it was God if he finds true love and if she's willing to die for him he will gain his immortality back..  I forget it now I'll search for it on youtube, when I find it i'll post it here.. 

https://www.viki.com/videos/1116388v-official-trailer

@makeuptemple But in the trailer you posted, we can see that WJL is turning into foam/bubbles at the end and leaves a pearl behind (a tear transformed into a pearl). Sure, this might not be the end... However, I am expecting that he will sacrify himself. In the beginning of the story, there is this story about death: exchanging hearts!

2017-02-13_20-16-44_zpsuoy4pluh.png I quoted your picture. This will be shown in the next episode. WJL rescues her and by giving her CPR, he will receive the spiritual pearl. However, he will realise the side effect of the kiss. That's why he will never kiss her again until he is about to die. That's why you see him kissing her forehead or kissing through a mask. I guess that's how An Zuo will be able to discover the location of the spiritual pearl. 

@bebebisous33 Thanks for the correction. Thought the picture of his dad looked like Da Xiaolin. So in the end WJL will die to save SL? That's true love. Will have to watch episode 11 and 12 to catch up. I see handsome An ( Sunny Wang) appears in episode 11. Haven't finished it yet. Even though he's the bad guy, can't help but like the guy because he definitely is appealing!

@makeuptempleThanks for your cilps and I also just viewed the trailer you posted and as @bebebisous33 stated it looks like Julian will sacrifice his life at the end.

@Ma OO Welcome! Always nice to see new posters! Yes, this is definitely a great love story. It's funny how they compliment each other. Julian is so quiiet and speaks with his eyes and SL so talkative and kind of comical. Looks like a lot more happening in the next two episodes.

I'm really into this drama and I want to read the novel so much.  But I only found this fragment translated and it onlyadre want to read it even more!  T_T

"That person, is like the starry night in my eyes. That person, is my heart’s bottomless ocean.

Love is similar to a bed of roses; where there are blossoms, there are thorns. If my lovelife was fresh blossoms, I would embrace its beauty. If my relationship was thorny, I would still embrace it fully despite its stabbing pain.

Because when I’m holding on to flowers, it’s Wu Ju Lan’s smile and tenderness enveloping me in bliss. When I’m holding on to thistles, it is his chest that is overgrown with thorns watered by his own blood.

If we have to contend with the piercing sensation of thorns while embracing, I’m still willing to use my full strength to hold onto him tight even if the thorns were to pierce my skin and stab my heart. As long as I can become closer to him, even if it’s just a little bit more!"

On 2/18/2017 at 6:03 AM, makeuptemple said:

Yes as Julan said to the other lady in white Shen Luo was drowned when she was young so grand dad put the spiritual pearl into her body...  I believe from what I saw from the credit scenes, they'll exchange the pearl a couple of times..  And even if there is no pearl do you remmeber the first episode someone was speaking i think it was God if he finds true love and if she's willing to die for him he will gain his immortality back..  I forget it now I'll search for it on youtube, when I find it i'll post it here.. 

https://www.viki.com/videos/1116388v-official-trailer

What I understand from opening is the god of death asking for the man to get the girl's heart and in return he has to give her his heart. It seems like dead end for the man because in whatever way it is,he still has to die. This really makes me uneasy because it seems like it is foreshadowing the whole story.Well,we will see how.

Also,do you think that lady in white has another motive to call Wu Julan back other than to tell him where is the pearl? I thought she could be be kind and on WJL's side but the way she ordered Liang Liang to help him get back the pearl and don't care about Xiao Luo gave me second thought. If she is kind and actually respect the mer-people  like she stated in episode 1,she would have told WJL the truth instead of keeping it from him to found out himself. I afraid that she called him to prove other that mer-people exist! Also she will persuade WJL to find the pearl because she wants him to live longer as specimen to gain profits...

On 19/02/2017 at 2:33 PM, Ma OO said:

What I understand from opening is the god of death asking for the man to get the girl's heart and in return he has to give her his heart. It seems like dead end for the man because in whatever way it is,he still has to die. This really makes me uneasy because it seems like it is foreshadowing the whole story.Well,we will see how.

Also,do you think that lady in white has another motive to call Wu Julan back other than to tell him where is the pearl? I thought she could be be kind and on WJL's side but the way she ordered Liang Liang to help him get back the pearl and don't care about Xiao Luo gave me second thought. If she is kind and actually respect the mer-people  like she stated in episode 1,she would have told WJL the truth instead of keeping it from him to found out himself. I afraid that she called him to prove other that mer-people exist! Also she will persuade WJL to find the pearl because she wants him to live longer as specimen to gain profits...

he will come back to world as a normal mortal being as I understand :D   I think the Lady in White wants the pearl for herself, to be younger and be an immortal what could be the reasons behind, we have not see enough of it yet.  We need to see more of the Lady in White and her granddaughter who was once the gf of this black wizard thing guy,  

LiangLiang is indeed betraying WJL because she hid AZ from WJL and even treated his wounds. She knows the reason why AZ is doing it. Yet she doesn't stop him. Honestly, I don't like her very much as she is deceiving WJL, while she is always questioning Shen Luo's loyalty. 

Love this drama so far!! Have to remember it is a fantasy, so anything goes, right!  We're the posted episodes taken down? I cannot access them anymore! Oh well!!  Loving how WuJulan gazes at her!!! Amazing!! Not loving the introduction of Michelle!  How do they find the perfectly annoying character?  Whaaaaaaaaaa!! Please make her go away! Can't wait for the episodes this week.

On 26.2.2017 at 5:19 PM, chardonnay said:

Love this drama so far!! Have to remember it is a fantasy, so anything goes, right!  We're the posted episodes taken down? I cannot access them anymore! Oh well!!  Loving how WuJulan gazes at her!!! Amazing!! Not loving the introduction of Michelle!  How do they find the perfectly annoying character?  Whaaaaaaaaaa!! Please make her go away! Can't wait for the episodes this week.

You can watch these on viki.com!

Archived