[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The Starry Night The Starry Sea 那片星空,那片海

sugarplum892

thanks 

59 minutes ago, Mailelei said:

@rocs25This drama is shown every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. There are two episodes a day so we get to watch six episodes a week which is one more than the dailies. I hope you continue watching because it will get more interesting as their love story develops. WJL always looks sad, and probably this is due to the fact that he is under pressure to find the precious spiritual pearl because it could mean life or death for him. WJL has finally learned to trust XL. She will be a great emotional support for him now that they both trust each other, they will gradually fall in love. I like the fantasy part when WJL and An's super powers are shown. Really neat! Also the pearl is no ordinary pearl. It has this blue glow and able to move in the air! Looking forward to Monday!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Mailelei said:

@rocs25This drama is shown every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. There are two episodes a day so we get to watch six episodes a week which is one more than the dailies. I hope you continue watching because it will get more interesting as their love story develops. WJL always looks sad, and probably this is due to the fact that he is under pressure to find the precious spiritual pearl because it could mean life or death for him. WJL has finally learned to trust XL. She will be a great emotional support for him now that they both trust each other, they will gradually fall in love. I like the fantasy part when WJL and An's super powers are shown. Really neat! Also the pearl is no ordinary pearl. It has this blue glow and able to move in the air! Looking forward to Monday!!

@Mailelei have you seen the pearl when the heart shape box fell on to the ground? I have not seen it, I believe it is no longer in the box, remmeber the scene they showed a guy who was holding a small glass bottle it had something in it, I believe the pearl is in it..  

@makeuptempleNo, the pearl was not in the case. I can't remember it the pearl was shown in an earlier episode but it was shown in a flashback in episode 6. It floats in a blue aura and has a mysterious look to it. That's why I believe that Da Xiaolin stole it because it was so fascinating that you had the desire to own this spiritual mysterious pearl. The small bottle that Boss An was holding contained poison that he put into the wine that WJL and XL drank while on the beach. WJL thought that XL was the one that poisoned him but actually it was Boss An. 

I really want to know what happened to the pearl and if it's still in XL's grandfather house. We have six episodes to watch this week. Hope some of our questions will be answered. Look forward to your posts also!!!

@bebebisous33

Hi! So nice to see you here! Have you watched all six episodes yet? I love this fantasy love story! That spiritual mysterious pearl really is intriguing and I want to learn more about its powers. It's great that we get six episodes a week. Of course I'll be so busy with all the dramas I'm watching but love it that I have so much time to devote to my KDRAMAS. It was not easy when I worked since our hours were 12 hour days at the hospital. Use to cram everything in two days and staying up all night to watch.

Have a great day!

@MaileleiI have watched all the episodes aired, I believe 7 & 8 will be coming out today, That's why I have asked, as I didn't see the pearl floating when it fell off. I wondered if i missed anything..  I have watched half in another platform and the half on viki heheh. If it's in grandad's house the other evil guy gonna get into the house to search again.  6 episodes Jeezz that's gonna take a long time.  I have missed some of my dramas for the last 2 weeks, so much stress, and loads of things going on..   

@bebebisous33 You are correct! I  now remember the scene when the guy from the Black Wizards  cut WJL 's arm and the pearl came floating out in a blue aura. Also just checked the clips on this page seeing the pearl being exchanged between WJL and XL.

@makeuptemple. Hope you can catch up with all your dramas soon! I know for me watching KDRAMAS was a stress reliever. Thank you for that clip of WJL and XL. Looks so magical!

@0ly40 Thanks for all the OSTs and episodes 7 & 8. Will listen to them later. Also haven't watched 7 &8 yet. Will watch after dinner.

@0ly40   Watched and listened to all the OSTS. Beautiful songs and scenes. Especially those of the beaches. Such a beautiful island.

Only watched episode7 on Viki, thank you @bebebisous33 and @sugarplum892 for alerting us re where to watch with English subs.

Episode 7 introduces XL's stepmom, another nasty, mean character. Her only desire is to sell that lovely house and kick XL into the streets. Glad WJL chased her away with his super powers. DT, XL's childhood friend, still up to no good and trying his best to win XL's affection. 

We find out a little of An Zuo, a member of the Black Wizard. He was taken in by a man after An tried stealing his wallet. He may have been the leader of the Black Wizard organization. I wonder, what is the connection between WJL and the mermaids and the Black organization? They are definitely "Rivals".

@sugarplum892 After reviewing the picture/poster that you posted on January 20th, of WJL, looking at the mysterious spiritual pearl floating above his hands---it definitely resembles the human heart! So my thoughts are that the pearl is part of WJL's heart and that's why he needs it to live.

Because this is a three day drama, every episode is about an hour long so takes double the time of the dailies to watch. Of course we can fast forward if a scene gets boring. @makeuptemple Yes, definitely helps with depression. I wish I knew about Kdramas when I got so depressed when my only daughter left home to attend college. 

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to All of YOU!!!!

@Mailelei I first got hooked around 2012 when the first signs of problems started to show in my marriage, I forgot which streaming channel i used at the time, but there was a youtube channel was uploading the dramas the next day with subs, at the time I was watching only one drama now I am watching god knows how many in a week.    I was watching CSI's Criminal Minds , NCIS but after a time the violence started to disturb me  especially on Criminal Minds and when my favourite actors start to leave the show one by one there was no reason for me to watch, I got netflix so I was watching the K dramas on Netflix, I discovered viki & dramafever. On Viki i did not need premium at the time, now I got both Dramafever & Viki..   Dramafever is good but Viki has got more variety of shows as it is a part of Rakuten group, it is Internet service companies, being under the umbrella of Rakuten group I do expect them to bring more shows.. maybe work with a couple of professional translator to help the volunteers.  

Not too much going on in episode 8. A new character is introduced, DT's stepsister, ZB, no blood relation since it's his stepfather's daughter. She's in love with DT but he's in love with XL. 

WJL knowing that XL is having difficulty finding a job, shows off his culinary skills by performing his knife skills and musical skills. He puts on a show like a Master Sashimi Chef and plays an ancient zither(a musical instrument, consisting of a flat sounding box with numerous strings stretched over it, that is placed on a horizontal surface and played with a plectrum and the fingertips). By attracting the people in the market place with the huge fish he caught with his super powers, he was able to bring people to XL's home and charge them for their dinner. This makes DT very suspicious of WJL because of his unusual talents and also very jealous because he sees XL and WJL getting very close. WJL is warned by his friend, LL, the psychologist that he may exposed himself by showing his extraordinary abilities. WJL apparently wants his identity revealed but hasn't given  a reason yet, so it could be he wants his enemies to come to him.

At the end of the episode, we see that WJL is slowly falling in love with XL. Not too much action at this point. Would like to see more of WJL's magical powers to make it more interesting. We need WJL in the water showing his skills as a leader in his kingdom of mermaids.

@makeuptemple Is there a monthly fee for the Dramafever site? I can't remember when I started watching Kdramas, but I started watching DVDS first since we didn't have an internet service at that time.  I think I started watching dailies in late 2014 or in 2015. 

6 hours ago, Mailelei said:

Not too much going on in episode 8. A new character is introduced, DT's stepsister, ZB, no blood relation since it's his stepfather's daughter. She's in love with DT but he's in love with XL. 

WJL knowing that XL is having difficulty finding a job, shows off his culinary skills by performing his knife skills and musical skills. He puts on a show like a Master Sashimi Chef and plays an ancient zither(a musical instrument, consisting of a flat sounding box with numerous strings stretched over it, that is placed on a horizontal surface and played with a plectrum and the fingertips). By attracting the people in the market place with the huge fish he caught with his super powers, he was able to bring people to XL's home and charge them for their dinner. This makes DT very suspicious of WJL because of his unusual talents and also very jealous because he sees XL and WJL getting very close. WJL is warned by his friend, LL, the psychologist that he may exposed himself by showing his extraordinary abilities. WJL apparently wants his identity revealed but hasn't given  a reason yet, so it could be he wants his enemies to come to him.

At the end of the episode, we see that WJL is slowly falling in love with XL. Not too much action at this point. Would like to see more of WJL's magical powers to make it more interesting. We need WJL in the water showing his skills as a leader in his kingdom of mermaids.

@makeuptemple Is there a monthly fee for the Dramafever site? I can't remember when I started watching Kdramas, but I started watching DVDS first since we didn't have an internet service at that time.  I think I started watching dailies in late 2014 or in 2015. 

it was monthly before now regulars can pay monthly premium pays annual, all of a sudden they canceled my subscription in January and I have to subscribe and I never received the roku stick they suppose to send I gave a friends address in NY, she never received it. 

Archived