[Chinese Webmovie 2016] Uncontrolled Love 不可抗力

IMOmusings

Poor baby Shu Nian! Thanks for the link, I was going to hold off but I'm glad I didn't wait. So many part 2 scenes! I'm so excited but I'm worried for what's going to happen to Xiao Nian. Please heavens grant my plea - give us Part 2 in August. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ayachou said:

2. there will be a UL DVD+photobook release. 

huh, i'm kinda surprised it's not a dvd of the movie. now i'm wondering if they are gonna have the rights to release the movie in other media or if they put all their eggs in one basket with iqiyi.

on the other hand i can't believe they have 4 dvds of their paris adventures/wudong lol (while the pb stays in character??) well, can't wait for this ridiculousness!

1 hour ago, shuwei said:

huh, i'm kinda surprised it's not a dvd of the movie. now i'm wondering if they are gonna have the rights to release the movie in other media or if they put all their eggs in one basket with iqiyi.

on the other hand i can't believe they have 4 dvds of their paris adventures/wudong lol (while the pb stays in character??) well, can't wait for this ridiculousness!

I'm praying we'll get the actual movie(s) DVD set, too, with BTS etc. I've no idea about the DVD market for dramas and movies in China tbh.

For this set: The photobook will have 90+ pages, the DVDs include a 1 hour 'Honeymoon special in Paris' and all (?) wudong interviews (a lot of them are still unreleased!). It's only ¥98 (like ~15$ or ~14€). Pre-orders have started, shipping/release starts on August 22th.

If you're interested in the novel, a very kind soul has started translating it to english. Register an account on wattpad (it's free), click on the link below and then on the orange button 'Read'. Please drop a thank you to the translator in the comments and be nice :)

Read the novel Uncontrolled Love [不可抗力] on wattpad

Not sure how or where, but you can get it as a hardcover, too, the thai version loks like this (cr: 2ERIAZEPjGSPNC7)

Co3qfveUIAAK4c9.jpg

In case it wasn't posted, here's the main title of UL with english lyrics:

[MV] UNCONTROLLED LOVE OST - 'Uncontrolled Love' by Meng Rui

Both Dream and Uncontrolled Love are beautiful songs, they are a bit like answer and reply to each other, speaking of longing and regret. Before I read the english lyrics, I thought Dream was lighter with the sweet piano tune and Uncontrolled Love more sad and haunting. But if you read the lyrics it seems almost opposite, Dream speaks of illusions and surrendering to a dream like state, giving up on a reality which brings nothing but hurt and pain. While Uncontrolled Love is about regrets and blindness but has this tiny bit of hope, a bit of cautious optimism to be able to change reality.

10 hours ago, ovicati said:

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have seen this video with Wang Bowen (XB) wearing a sexy female dress dancing so provocatively :flushed:

EDIT: I hope it's ok to post actor-related stuff in here. If not, please let me know. 

Reveal hidden contents

OP of the vid confirmed this is really Wang Bowen. But I'm not sure if this is after or before the release of the movie.

yes, shake that tiny/slender body around the stage bb! He's feeling it lmao! I prefer him in his oversized boy shirts tho so cute kthxbai

they asked master about it too, and he was like MY FANS BOMBARDED ME OK, he said xb looked like an elegant ghost lmao

Spoiler

Dream MV by Wang Bowen was uploaded on the official youtube music channel, please watch it there and support <3

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR UL2, don't watch right now if you dont want to get spoilered

1 hour ago, ovicati said:

@Ayachou: I so want to watch that OST (by Meng Rui) but please tell me if there areany spoilers there too, like XB's Dream.??

there are no spoilers there dear, nothing that wasnt already shown in trailers. The OST by Meng Rui was released early together with UL1, so it's all about UL1 :lol: (while Dream is made up of many UL2 scenes).

I wish I hadnt watched Dream MV tbh, you made the right decision.

if anyone ever wondered why the bath water had such a weird color in the bathroom scene, WUDONG 15 provided an answer @9:25 so nasty it crashed koala fm's chat app 

Spoiler

[talking about their/the character's train of thought during the bathroom scene]

dj: when young master saw xiao nian struggling with all his might, what is he thinking?

mr: that i like him like that, the more he resists the more excited i am, make more noise, yell louder, keep struggling. and when i pulled his shirt up to his chest, i felt something. eh? "it" felt like nothing much

xb: .....you pig

mr: lol. then i pulled it out

xb: oh my gad, what are you talking about? jie jie, what did he pull out? is it a treasure?

mr: yeah, a treasure that fell under the water

xb: young master, i wanna ask you something a lot of people online are curious about. why did the water in the tub have a yellow-green color, did you get too nervous and ____ in it? (that's right, whatever he said got muted out/censored...)

dj: my god you guys sat in it for so long, you don't think it's dirty?

mr: he likes it (farewell my innocence...)

xb: either way it's already done

dj: i think everyone is getting too excited, they broke our chat 

xb: did they went crazy

dj: yeah, the chat went crazy, i'm feeling a bit flustered right now

mr: the app crashed lol

dj: it's ok, let's talk about other stuff so everyone calms down. look, it crashed

xb: lol it froze

bonus tmi @7:20

Spoiler

xb: as soon as the activity or the recording ends, we would be fighting and hitting each other

mr: where did i hit you?

xb: everywhere

dj: he hit you everwhere? where does it hurt the most?

xb: my butt

mr: then where does it feel good?

xb: ......my butt 

mr: lol masochist

dj: aiya, i'm embarrassed now, i'm still a young girl

00652S3xgw1f67gv1x40sg30b408wu0y.gif

and they unleashed a new poster upon us for the livestreaming of their fan event tomorrow. fall-themed clothes?

Spoiler

CpEmAYIVUAAspK9.jpg:large

so that's why the water was yellowish... these two and their nasty games XD

crashing servers and shows with their sex talk, they'll soon be dubbed SM-couple of Asia :w00t:B)

They look gorgeous on the poster! I can't wait, I already missed them despite the news in the last days lol :wub:

Xiaobai looks so soft, nnnnnngh I wanna touch.............................. dont let master hear what I just said

ah, thank you for this thread. i just finished watching the movie yesterday & i have to admit it exceeded my highest expectation (better than the novel, imo. at least i like the Shu Nian here way better than the one without backbone there, lol). wonder if they will release the second part with the ridiculous rule floating in china. and regarding this matter, i have a few questions if someone can kindly help answer them and thank you in advance :) 

1. i thought SARFT established a new regulation which restrained "homosexuality", "sexual freedom", "adultery", "drinking", "smoking", blablabla, which imo, triggered by Addicted Web Series's popularity few months ago? so why the producer of this movie made & released the "forbidden" gay theme, knowing that it's forbidden? or it is forbidden only for tv series but okay for movie (as long as the movie dont get much attention of course *rolling eyes*)?

2. i still remember clearly, fresh in my memory coz my heart is still bleeding from it, when the gov banned the Addicted & prohibited any related activities to it including fanmeeting. then how in the world this movie is able to do it?? :o (not that i complain about it, i am just dead curious :sweatingbullets:)

3. please some kind souls let me know (or at least put my heart at ease) if there will be a continuation for this movie? they said they will release the second part in August & August has come but still no news about it at all. i m dying here :tears::tears:

@mchansk07 RE: Addicted, although fans believe it is due to the regulations regarding 'unnatural' relationships, there are more themes that are forbidden (at least 2 others that I know of) which probably take precedence before that is even taken into consideration.

Also, from what I understand, control surrounding movies compared to series is less strict. It's still tightly controlled, but more things are able to slip through. One such example is 'Female Queen', which basically slipped through without any fanfare, and UL1. UL also has a few other themes that I'm pretty sure are against the new regulations, so if UL2 is pulled, it will be for a combination of things and not just the BL theme. 

Addicted definitely would NOT have gotten a season 2 as part 2 of the series features the military (particularly air force) heavily and portrays it in a pretty bad light.

From what the actors/production team are posting, UL2 is still possible. Unlike Addicted, they have made no announcements or alluded to the sequel being taken off the table. Rather, all their messages suggest that a new platform will be found for release if the original doesn't allow them to air.

Only way we'll know is to wait and see :confused:

On August 4, 2016 at 10:06 AM, ovicati said:

In a completely unrelated subject, I think Master looks nicer when his hair is down. 

yeah i really like it when mr has his hair down (and xb has his hair up). it visually lessens their age gap lol

Spoiler

CoU0Yb4UkAA5NVC.jpg

On August 5, 2016 at 3:59 AM, mchansk07 said:

so why the producer of this movie made & released the "forbidden" gay theme, knowing that it's forbidden? or it is forbidden only for tv series but okay for movie (as long as the movie dont get much attention of course *rolling eyes*)?

this movie has been in production since december last year. so the decision to produce it has nothing to do with the releases that came in 2016. after the removal of the first movie, the producers said something along the lines of them hoping that the movie would slip through the cracks. i'm guessing since they already made the movie, that's their motivation to release it.

btw, it's my personal opinion that no true ban or prohibition exists on promotional activities or fanmeetings. i believe the cease in addicted's promotional activities was done for self-censoring and self-preservation by actors/agencies/producers/broadcasting stations etc. and most importantly, what's the point of going on promoting a series that has been canceled? uncontrolled love's circumstances are very different. their promotional activities are continuing now bc they are still planning to releasing part 2 in the future.

@mchansk07 I'm not sure how UL team will handle it but it looks like they'll think of a way. I'm staying positive :)

As for a date: from what I read the original release date for UL2 was supposed to be around the end of August, but since UL1 was taken down, everything is up in the air. We'll have to be patient.

Spoiler

New regulations were established last year. Addicted was not the first but the most prominent/publicized one to be banned, it had huge hype with teen audiences and several other themes besides homosexuality which seemed to offend these... 'regulators'. Since then, they've become stricter and harsher. International/export productions seem to have similar problems as less and less of them are getting green-lighted.

As for the overall situation: it doesn't only concern these productions. Almost every BL drama and movie is facing a ban. Most of them are finished and scheduled for release but they are nowhere to be seen. Same case with those who wanted to film follow up seasons. Some are trying different methods to bypass the ban like uploading it on foreign platforms (youtube, etc.), but not sure how that will re-coup the costs. One series edited all bl scenes out and even gave it a boy-falls-in-love-with-girl ending, the author was furious about that twist to her original bl story. Another production is trying to sell their bl cast as some kind of boy band with a 'bromance' twist. idk it's all comical yet deeply sad. It's dangerous for everyone involved, their careers and future are at stake.

I wish all of them the best. It wont be forever. No authority is higher than reality.

via bbeobie:

The fan event tomorrow with master and xiaobai will be live on Yizhibo app (一直播) ID: 孟瑞 at 16:15 CST (17:15 KST)

CpEmAYIVUAAspK9.jpg

Maples Shopping Center in Beijing getting ready for the event tomorrow! #Ruiwen #Mengwen banners everywhere :heart:

CpFP5urVMAA5ips.jpgCpFP5vBUEAAzSWI.jpg

160805 UL official weibo message and photos: 'What are you doing today?'

our couple is in the studio together! Masters arm \o/ and is baobei sleepy or shy :blush:

006jQOK5jw1f6j7ae5a1jj31440qkjx8.jpg006jQOK5jw1f6j78mnc7jj30hs0buq4l.jpg006jQOK5jw1f6j78s0im6j314g0pf0xm.jpg

It's slowly getting obvious that Leofish studios, UL's production team, are the biggest trolls lmao, they reposted it and added: "They are recording sound? So, part 2 is gonna be on air?"

tumblr_mymykmBEET1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

In case anyone is wondering about what shows @Ayachou was referring to I believe they are:

Spoiler

Revive; Rebirth of a Superstar

One series edited all bl scenes out and even gave it a boy-falls-in-love-with-girl ending, the author was furious about that twist to her original bl story.

I didn't know that the author was mad about the way it was edited and am happy to hear it. I was also kind of disappointed that they didn't go with the reincarnation aspect but I guess since they were trying to avoid it being banned they had to remove all the bannable bits. I watched it as if it was a BL story which made it bearable but it definitely suffered. I'm now just hoping the novel gets completely English translated. 

otome_shishi_za_LJ on wattpad is translating Revive: https://www.wattpad.com/story/74755181-reincarnation-of-a-superstar

YanDai XieJie No.10 

Another production is trying to sell their bl cast as some kind of boy band with a 'bromance' twist. idk it's all comical yet deeply sad. It's dangerous for everyone involved, their careers and future are at stake.

I must admit - I was incredibly disappointed with YanDai and haven't loved the way it's been promoted. It feels like they decided to fake a BL story in order to get a fan base and promote the boys in non-BL projects. Sorry but I want to watch hot boys fall in love and kiss. I don't want the real world to affect what I get to see in my fictional worlds. Otherwise I would prefer they let someone else make the BL series/films. 

otome_shishi_za_LJ on wattpad is translating YanDai: https://www.wattpad.com/story/75387067-yan-dai-xie-jie-no-10

Uncontrolled Love in my experience has the best (even better than Addicted for me) actors for promotional stuff. Meng Rui and Wang Bowen are wonderful and naughty and saucy and all the right kinds of cheeky. They respect LGBT rights, they don't seem to be afraid of tarnishing their reputations and seem comfortable in their own sexuality. I admit the source material is right up my alley (I love a Master/Servant dynamic particularly when the servant is a dude) and the way that MR and WB portray the Young Master and Xiao Nian is freakin' electric. Even though they never kissed the first part was seriously hot. Watching Xiao Nian repressing his desire for Young Master as Young Master paws at him is a treat. 

I'm kind of scared of what's to come but love how they've adapted this so far (from what @shuwei has spoiled about the book it sounds like the movie is doing a better job). Ugh, please give me part 2 already!! 

Anne Noh over on Wattpad is now translating Uncontrolled Love: https://www.wattpad.com/story/79801770-uncontrolled-love-不可抗力

1 hour ago, ovicati said:

@lolalarue: OMG. I'm currently starting"Revive" and "YanDai", and I can't believe the endings will be like that. That is super discouraging. It's like an insult to all the fans who've supported and watched the shows for the BL material. It's like Sherlock, Teen Wolf, and Supernatural and all other gaybaiting Western shows who only "use" their fans to popularize their shows for profit, but in the end betray them. But I want to broaden my understanding that maybe they (Revive & YanDai) did that because of the current restrictions in China. I understand that the actors and the production staff's safeties come first. I don't want anyone to be incriminated for anything and if the actors think of this as a stepping stone for their careers, that's fine and wonderful too. But please, just please do not exploit  all the fans' genuine love and support for these shows. 

You can watch Revive if you embrace the hoyay! If you see the homoerotic subtext as text the flow of the story kind of works.

Spoilers for Revive so don't read if you don't want to be spoiled (I haven't read the novel because I can't read chinese so this is gathered from other posters in various forums):

Spoiler

In the book rather than a face swap, the main character gets into a car accident and dies and is reincarnated into the body of the person who crashed into him (who happens to be super hot). The newly reborn hot MC decides to become an actor again (he wasn't successful in his previous life because he wasn't attractive enough and because he was exposed as a homosexual). He was exposed as gay while trying to protect the very beautiful Lin Xuan (I think - this is the beautiful woman that shows up at his funeral who hates his 'friend' Xie Yi) from being raped by gangsters. I've heard that the MC gave up a role to Xie Yi that allowed Xie Yi to become famous but that the information about his sexuality is what caused him to be blacklisted in the industry.

Basically Lin Xuan is his dear friend NOT love interest. In the end the things that the MC does for Lin Xuan are out of platonic love not romantic love. The MC is in love with Feng Jing and vice versa. So if you watch it understanding that Feng Jing is gay and so is the MC then everything they do can be viewed through that lens and it makes sense that they both need to keep their sexuality hidden. 

In terms of YanDai it's not that they are playing with us, the show definitely shows us that Hang Hang is gay and interested in Liangze but just that the first season doesn't get past the big issue in their relationship. 

Spoilers for YanDai

Spoiler

Which is that Liangze is straight and isn't sexually attracted to Hang Hang. The promotional activities seems to have completely forgotten the BL nature of the story but I'm mostly unsatisfied because the story itself hasn't gotten a resolution. Now that they seem to be promoting the boys as a group rather than BL couples I'm worried that they won't do a season 2 at all and will move on to something that China won't ban and I won't get to see how the straight boy starts getting turned on by men! Basically I'm just being selfish :) 

It's a cute show, however the novel translation is making it very clear that it's quite a funny book with some clever wordplay that doesn't really come across in the English subs (no complaint to subbers they are doing the lord's work and I love them) but the cleverness/flirting comes across differently.  

Soz, I have gotten off topic. To get me back, have the producers released any behind the scenes footage of the smexy times? That feels like a dumb question because surely we'd have already seen them but you never know, there might be some new stuff? 

Archived