[Chinese Webmovie 2016] Uncontrolled Love 不可抗力

IMOmusings

51 minutes ago, shuwei said:

um, clearly xie yan!! (although neither tbh, i only want to steal xiao nian away...)

i feel like that's the theme of uncontrolled love anyway: regret and repentence.

Lets steal him together. You think Xie Yan is ok with a 4some?

About the theme: beautifully said :D

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Ayachou said:

I've fallen hard for UL. I support the cast&crew 100% and a movie company that was so kind to think of international fans. So no offense, but while I'm screencapping scenes its like a game of hide and seek: meaning and grammar hiding and me seeking. Lol it's fascinating how during ULs run the subtitles progress from 'yeah, I got this' to 'androgynous metamorphosis..?? wtf?!' Like the translator was freshly showered and ready to do the best job of his life at the start of the movie, to waking up groggy on the floor of a disco toilet at 5am by the end of the movie.

If anyone from the UL team is reading this: you can hire me for UL2! I write fast and vast. Spell-checking is free! Only requirement: let me watch while master is feeding Xiaobai chocolate :wub:

Hey @Ayachou feel free to sub the first part as well? I feel like they machine translated more and more of the movie the longer it went on! If you do decide to try it please don't forget to sub the phone texts and the end credits stuff!

I can pay you in internet likes. 

14 minutes ago, lolalarue said:

Hey @Ayachou feel free to sub the first part as well? I feel like they machine translated more and more of the movie the longer it went on! If you do decide to try it please don't forget to sub the phone texts and the end credits stuff!

yah, let me out myself quickly: I just know some very basic chinese and might have a passing knowledge of asian linguistics. But that's it. I don't even know how to navigate weibo. Dont kill me. I did it for us, I swear! For our collective thirst for more mouthfeeding by master and his chickbird. I spoke big, now I go home XD

But agreed, lets pray for a cleaned up version. Maybe they'll do one for the DVD? Or some kind fan with lots of free time will re-sub the movie?

@Ayachou I keep hoping MeatBun2 over on youtube will sub it. She/he's subbed some of the Wudong BTS/Interviews so I keep my fingers crossed. 

On to you and Shuwei sharing Nian, I would like to put my hand up for Meng Rui (not master), he knows how to care for his loved one. :wub:

the star release interview has been fully vietsubbed so i can fill in the gaps of my understanding and do rough summaries. in the hopes that this will be english subbed someday, bc they are so funny as always and xiaobai is really really cute :wub:

VIDEO subs cr. ruiwenvn

@3:36 mc asked if mr's personality is like xie yan's in the movie

Spoiler

xb said it's not like in the movie and it's true that mr treats him really well in real life. they talk about their first impressions and both of them thought the other person was cold and hard to get close to. xb was the one who started talking to mr first. then his impression changed bc mr always took care of him. but mr is really not a meticulous person, so the kind of detailed chores like changing the bed sheets or cleaning the room, xb does it all for him. but xb would do it while nagging "you're so stupid, this stuff is so simple..." (omg i think mr really is a real life young master, how can he not know to change bed sheets??)

@5:08 the mc asked what action the other person did that made you feel touched.

Spoiler

xb said it was touching when mr visited his work location in wudong 6. after watching the video, he saw what a hassle with transportation mr had to go through to get there. mr answered that xb never does any big touching gesture but he will do the little things that's genuinely from the heart. like when they have to go somewhere in the morning mr would be in the car waiting for him and getting annoyed thinking that xb is late, but later he finds out that xb is late bc he's out buy breakfast for mr. xb actually boughtmr  breakfast an entire month but the one time mr returned the favor he accidentally bought all the stuff that xb doesn't like to eat lol.

@8:08 the mc asked about mr being a part of casting xiao nian after 22 auditions.

Spoiler

mr said that bc the role of shu nian is important bc shu nian moves the heart of the women readers/viewers. so the staff would say who and who is good but mr got the final say as to who he wants to act with. then the mc asked what is it about xb that made mr want to choose him and mr is like "we tested some stuff...we tried it out and his skills are good" which made the audience laughed bc of the ambiguous wording haha. he said they first met during xb's audition and when trying out the bathtub scene, mr thought that xb didn't have any experience. xb said "guys usually don't have any experience being pushed down" and the mc replied that it's similar when two guys fight and xb would probably push him down the same way when they fight. mr interjected that xb probably has never been in a fight before and "he only looks strong, he isn't even able to hold ME down". so xb asked mr if he has a lot of experience and mr said it's only bc he was chosen first and got to practice during the auditions and xb is like "so you practiced with 22 people then it's my turn?" :)))) mr also said that he chose xb bc he likes xb's eyes a lot. they're like a puppy's eyes, very clear and shining.

@14:06 the mc asked who has the most NG.

Spoiler

they both said they are good and jiang yao has the most NGs (lol sell outs!!). bc they rehearse the scenes a lot beforehand, most of the NGs aren't their fault but the lighting or the camera angle etc. then the mc asked if they practiced the ear biting scene and xb said they practiced it first bc the director really likes this scene, but mr doesn't bite him for real during practice. then the mc asked them to reenact the scene.

afterward the mc is like "i didn't think you were gonna bite him for real this time lol" and mr replied "you want us to reenact the bed scene as well?"

@22:07 the mc got some scoops from the director that during the filming of the kiss scene in part 2, they also bit each other (you know, on the mouth...)

Spoiler

xb said mr did bite him and it was forceful. mr replied "he's lying, i was using my tongue, i didn't bite him." (xb's embarrassed reaction :blush:omg i wanna kidnap him forever). mr to xb "did you dream about me biting you or something?" and xb to the audience "what are you guys laughing about??"

the mc asked if they NG for the kiss scenes, to which mr replied over 30 times and xb said "he did on purpose". the mc wondered if they laughed when they NG but mr said it wasn't the kind of atmosphere for laughing bc everyone filmed it very seriously. even if they NG they ended up just looking at each other and staying in character. what's funny is that everyone on staff watched them doing the kiss scenes and bed scenes with blank faces. no one gave a reaction even when mr and xb asked them about the scene. they were expecting the female staff to have a little reaction but everyone was super expressionless which made them even more embarrassed! xb got (jokingly) mad and threw the bottle on the floor, saying "you think we want to let you guys watch? there are a lot of people who want to watch but can't, you guys get to watch but even pretend to be uninterested!" (LMAO so true...)

@30:28 mc asked if young master is usually nice or mean

Spoiler

mr: depends on my mood

mc: i can see that

mr: i can be very moody. but i'm actually a good person

xb: haha, whether you are a good person is not for you to say yourself

mr: then you say what kind of person i am. i'm not good?

xb: so bad

mc: why would you say that about young master?

xb: he's good to me, but not to other people

mr: [to the staff] do i treat you guys well?

mc: the staff nodded (xb made a face, lol he's so cute). so when you are in a bad mood you will treat them badly?

mr: no, no, i'm just very impatient. other than that i'm fine. i'm a little picky. for example, if he asks me about work or about random stuff, i'm actually already especially patient with him so i'll tell him. but if he asks me one more time or does it wrong, i will feel annoyed

mc: and he still dare to ask you?

mr: he does every day

xb: me? huh, he kneels down as soon as he sees me (lmaooo). but yeah, he is impatient, moody, and hates having people wait for him

mr: that's right, i dislike tardiness

mc: he doesn't want others to wait?

xb: bc he feels annoyed when he waits for other people, so he also doesn't want other people to feel the same while waiting for him. he's always punctual, that's a good trait of his

mc: if he had to wait for other people, how will he react?

xb: by getting mad

mr: usually when we get an announcement for work, i'll tell him "don't make me wait, just come on time" but i always end up waiting

mc: so xiaobai is usually late?

mr: he's really slow. actually it's not that he's running late, he just loves taking his time. aiya oh my god, you don't know his habit of dawdling, so slow

xb: so what, today you are criticizing me?

mr: but what he's especially good at is making you feel better after being late, he'll try to make you happy

mc: he'll make it up to you right? after seeing you angry

mr: right, right. like buying me a drink, or say that i look handsome today. usually he never does that lol

xb: i don't comfort him, he comforts me

mc: xiaobai also gets mad a lot right?

mr: a bit, but jokingly. i like seeing him get mad

mc: oh i thought if you get mad then he will comfort you? (i can tell the mc is getting confused with the antics of these 2 weirdos)

xb: i will pretend to get mad and he pretend comfort me. the 2 of us do it everyday haha

and then the mc got them to act out a scenario about xb "getting mad" that mr didn't buy him the right drink. basically mr will say cheesy "comforting" stuff until xb laughs and the cycle repeats...

@35:10 mc asking xb to sing

Spoiler

xb kept saying "young master is better at singing, he should sing" and mr glared at him but the mc made both of them sing anyway. he also said that he will write a song for mr titled rui. mr told him to not make empty promises bc everyone here will record it but xb keep saying that he will really write one. then mc interjected that the fans must have a lot of fun watching them always bicker like this (i think he's finally understanding their dynamics lol)

after xb sang he pretended to cry bc his voice cracked. his throat is also not well today. when it's mr's turn, mr kept saying that he doesn't remember the lyrics, and he really really doesn't :sweatingbullets:. he also started singing the verse too low and xb told him to sing the chorus instead. then xb had to sort of duet with him to get him on the right key too. (i suspected it but mr really has an aversion to singing?? idk he sounds good to me...but i hope he memorizes the lyrics in time for the fanmeet lol)

also @41:37 xb talked about how mr would come to see his events and even help him distribute tickets for his music activities. he said mr came to see him sing 3479 times (he's joking lol, it's not that many, but all the fans know mr did go to his shows a lot). and every time mr goes to see him, he doesn't perform well that day. for some reason looking at mr while singing makes him nervous, even though normally he doesn't get nervous

@46:50 a corner where they have to answer fan questions/requests while sticking their cheeks together

Spoiler

the first request is for mr to say "i will only love xiao nian in this lifetime, xiao nian is mine". the mc made them go it again bc he thought mr didn't say it sincerely enough

the second request is for xb to say "young master, please be more gentle the next time you kiss me" (lol these fangirls...). xb said it and also added in "don't bite me" and mr replied "i'm not gentle enough? let's try again right now"

the third request is for them to say "i love you to each other". when they are about to put their faces together mr asks xb why he's acting so embarrassed and xb said he's just sleepy (but he's very obviously embarrassed, imo :phew:). the mc also made them do it again seriously

@50:43 some info from q&a from fans online

Spoiler

xb said he knows how to dance, but when he demonstrated......well. the important thing here is mr calling him "come here, baobao [baby]"

xb never replied to mr's wechat message but he does these days

talking about xb's character:

Spoiler

mc: is he patient?

mr: kinda

xb: don't you think i'm caring?

mc: it seem like you are to me

mr: but i feel like i'm always taking care of him

xb: do you think that saying this now will make me want to take care of you more later?

mr: no but i really feel like i'm always taking care of you while you don't do anything lol

mc: where is xb's sensitive spot?

mr: ears and neck

ok i don't really know what they are talking about here and neither do they. driver is probably some internet lingo for being dirty-minded but they took the metaphor pretty far for 2 "clueless" ppl lol

Spoiler

mc: between you two, who is the driver?

mr: i don't know what driver means

mc: [to fans] do you guys know what driver means?

xb: then you guys can answer for us, which one is the driver?

fans: young master

mc: you guys don't know what driver means but you know it's young master?

xb: what does being a driver mean? bringing me onto the car? i haven't gotten into the car yet right?

mr: more like you never got off the car!

xb: i got on the car? i should hurry and get off

and the day has come. uncontrolled love part 1 has been removed from iqiyi.

Uncontrolled Love's weibo

"first of all, we want to thank everyone who contributed to Uncontrolled Love and accompanied us for so long.

along the way, many films in this genre have disappeared from the internet.

we didn't want to tell you guys that we were also afraid.

we got used to living in fear everyday that when we refresh the website will become 404.

but finally today is the day that everything was erased.

of course, we have been very fortunate. we will be fine no matter what the outcome is.

thank you everyone for meeting Uncontrolled Love.

today we also met a "force majeure"....

everything comes to an end, but we believe our story will continue. we will work harder and not give up."

Wang Bowen's weibo

"memories are the warmest existence, and they can never be erased, i'm thankful for the companionship, thankful for the growth, and thankful for the memories. we are always here...❤️

Meng Rui/Wang Bowen's replies

"i'm always here too. don't worry."

@mengrui "me too ❤️"

Meng Rui's weibo

"i promise you guys, we won't say good bye!

a man's word is his honor."

@shuwei thank you very much for the summary!

This is what I got after watching their interviews:

• Meng Rui is very indulgent and patient with his princess Xiaobai. Hmm, he seems to go out of his way to support his career, too
  • Seeing their hotel rooms once, it's true: Meng Rui is messy and Wang Bowen likes it clean perfect combination ;)
  • I love how Xiaobai gets all indignant when they speak about masters scenes with other actresses and master gets pissed off whenever someone mentions Ke Luo ("that dog you picked up near a trashcan")
  • I dont think xb looks like a pushover but I was afraid he'd really bruise in the scene with the thugs, he's pretty slender/pale
  • when he gets embarrassed he's SOOO CUTE, he always complains how master stole his innocence lmao ("I was a clear stream, you made me a dirty drain")
  • the set people are sooo lucky, standing there while the 2 make out, watching them kiss and be intimate asdfghjklfff I'd have cheered so hard, they'd thrown me off set lol. All the talk about biting and licking... yum!
  • there HAS TO be to be more UL after the second movie ㅠㅡㅠ These guys clearly need their own realtiy show or web series or something. They always go into their own world, forgetting the MCs questions and end up bickering and teasing each other, its hilarious (A+ dirty inside jokes!) XD
  • Why is Meng Rui self-consious about his singing?! ULs theme is absolutely gorgeous and he sings very well live :wub:

2 hours ago, shuwei said:

and the day has come. uncontrolled love part 1 has been removed from iqiyi.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY GOD WHY :tears::tears::tears:

I can't believe this is how it will go down from now on, why should anyone produce anything BL anymore when it gets banned anyway, farewell free speech and art it was nice knowing you someone needs to burn those f bastards down

OMG WAIT Please tell me they'll still release part 2 in some way

I'm devastated! Why?? There are so many great Chinese BL productions around this was one of the best ones I've seen recently. Oh my god, they better release the second part somehow. But I also don't want the producers/actors to get in trouble with the Chinese Government. Wow, I guess they're all hoping the censorship won't happen, right? I wish they had released the second part sooner but I guess they never knew when it was going to come. Man, I need more Wang Bowen/Meng Rui in my life, I hope we don't get an 'Addicted' couple ban. Gah. I can't. I have to go somewhere quiet and process my feelings. 

The more I think about the angrier I get: look at the 'Mainland China' thread here on soompi, there are so many BL productions waiting for release side by side with those who got banned. So much hard work, money, time and heart invested by cast and crew, writers, directors and producers. Hundreds of people involved, hundreds of lives they're toying with. I seriously hope they're all safe, their work will be successful and all their careers continue to prosper, f those banners and their f***ed up agenda.

How convenient of them to ban it now right before UL2's release. There wasn't even a kiss in the 1st movie, what kind of bs reason do they have?!

So many questions remain: what will happen with UL2 and all those series which have already filmed full seasons with multiple episodes? What about wudong or other interviews slated for UL2 promotion, are they banned too? What about the upcoming events and fanmeets? What about UL DVD?

Whatever happens: I wish all the best to Meng Rui & Wang Bowen and everyone from UL team. Fighting!

10 hours ago, Ayachou said:

How convenient of them to ban it now right before UL2's release. There wasn't even a kiss in the 1st movie, what kind of bs reason do they have?!

So many questions remain: what will happen with UL2 and all those series which have already filmed full seasons with multiple episodes? What about wudong or other interviews slated for UL2 promotion, are they banned too? What about the upcoming events and fanmeets? What about UL DVD?

after seeing a round trip to love started being cryptic about their release date, i knew uncontrolled love part 2 is gonna have problems getting past the gates. but i didn't think part 1 was going to be deleted! there wasn't anything incriminating in part 1, even theme-wise. as a standalone, it's basically just a story about an orphaned gay man dealing with homophobia and richard simmons life throws at him. the cast and crew is probably devastated...

this is bad news bc the banning standards now is probably "any type gayness that has some popularity" (which is probably why even director chen peng's new movie, adapted from a novel that's pure like the white snow, is delaying release).

well i have good faith in the words of our young master that they will figure something out. they already filmed and finished production so i doubt they are just gonna let it sit in a vault somewhere forever.

lan lin reposted meng rui's post on weibo and added "if he said it then he will do it" :)

anyway lets get back to business

1. another compilation of r-rated convos from various livesteams. some of them are so high level i can't even tell it's unintentional or they really meant to reference THAT

Spoiler

1. xb: i wear size M, or size S

mr: you are too skinny

xb: arent you size SM?

mr: size SM?

2. mr: he stuck his hand into me and then-

xb: i stuck my hand into where???

(omg...)

3. mr: if both of us fail at cooking then, can i give you xia mian to eat?

(xia mian is the pronunciation of both "instant noodles" and "below". in chinese below can function like a noun for, well, private parts)

xb: let me eat xia mian?

mr: but my xia mian sometimes is too hard sometimes is too soft

xb: what? aiya, i don't understand

4. xb: "mouth mushroom" is a type of mushroom

mr: why is it called mouth mushroom?

xb: bc it looks like a mouth

mr: haha, really? don't teach the kids bad stuff

xb: this is a mouth mushroom

mr: it looks odd

xb: ha?

mr: you like eating this?

xb: it looks like this, if you take the stem out...when you grill it fluids will come out, that fluid is delicious...in general it tastes good and i especially like it

5. mr: what is this?

xb: a child

mr: it can be that fast?

xb: yup

skip the wudong portion bc it has been subbed.  basically it's that part about mr "shooting airplanes" at home and xb having 7 children in france

6. mc: let everyone see your autographs

mr: he has one on his chest and i have one below (xia mian again)

xb: your below?

7. mr: my stomach hurts today, i'm not lying. when i was playing soccer earlier, something almost came out

xb: poop?

mr: lol what did you do to me yesterday that made it hurt this much?

xb: yesterday i...

(oooomg...)

8. xb: "xb's pants are so tight"

mr: what about your pants?

xb: this is just regular pants, bc i don't have sweatpants. i should have brought sweatpants

9. xb: i always thought i looked good in athlethic clothes, but now i realized i just look normal

mr: no you have everything, chest, butt, waist 

xb: that's right, unlike your butt that's pretty much a part of your legs. young master doesnt have a butt, what to do

10. xb: there's someone in the bathroom

mr: don't pee in here though

xb: there's someone in there so i didn't wanna pee. young master, when i look at you i don't want to pee or poop anymore

mr: HAHAHAHA

(i don't really understand this one and i'm not sure if i want to...o.o)

11. mr: they are asking how i chose a xiao nian from 22 people. this xiao nian is a tsundere. i picked him myself, f**cked him myself, hit him myself-

xb: what's that??? 

mr: that i chose you myself-

xb: watch what you say or we might get banned!

12. xb: how many times a day depends on young master

mc: what do you mean by how many times?

xb: alright, you don't understand anything. i'm just saying, how many times a day depends on young master

mc: ok, you guys end the show yourselves

xb: actually, regarding how many times a day we can just sing "just once is enough~" hahaha

2. and just a short clip from the pottery stream but look at my baby being bullied SMH. at the end he said "control him!" to the staff lol

These issues are important and there should be a fair discourse but they shouldn't put themselves in a bad or even dangerous situation. Whatever the outcome, I wish for the best :heart:

that last clip and xb's pouty "someone control him", now I understand why fans call him a kid XD

I love their dirty banter and how all the MCs give up after awhile lmao, they're killing it! I didnt get the mushroom reference until this

5 hours ago, shuwei said:

it fluids will come out, that fluid is delicious...in general it tastes good and i especially like it

LMAO, you seem to have a special relationship with masters this vegetable, xiaobai :D

and omg master doesnt give a f

5 hours ago, shuwei said:

i picked him myself, f**cked him myself, hit him myself-

church_crying-320x240.gif

praise thy words, the hero we deserve

now release that sex tape you guys

9 hours ago, ovicati said:

I know! This makes me feel really bad. Like for example, "Love is more than a word", a period drama which is due to come out next month (August). I was so excited for that drama. Been waiting for it since the first BTS was shared in YouTube last May. And now they're saying it has stopped production. And the much anticipated UL2 is now in danger of never being shown. This is really disheartening. I feel so bad for the production team who exerted great effort and budget for these dramas. 

There are ways to get around the censorship xD using a different iQiyi is one (I think Addicted did that by airing on the Taiwanese version instead of Mainland China). With Love is more than a word, I think they've finished production and editing since all the posters have been released + trailers, it's just a matter of finding somewhere willing to broadcast it. Worse comes to worse, for all these BL movies/dramas, Youtube would be the way to go I think. Considering the sequel for Love has already started production, there's definitely a high chance part 1 will make it through somehow.

The release of UL2 I think, is just a matter of when, rather than if.

Hi !  I live in the Hong  ( CA - CP )  house across the street ! :phew: Thought I'd walk over and say hi ! I actually just watched Season 1 of UC on YT and enjoyed the entire production - the actors, storyline, styling, locations and was looking forward to Season2  which, I still think may happen at some point.  It's obvious in the BTS's..that these guys have great chemistry together and are very talented individually.  A definite recipe for success. If they were willing to go to Paris to film UC...then it's apparent they don't limit themselves to locale so the world becomes their stage. Meng Rui & Wang Bowen are allowed to be seen with each other...and in that respect, I hope they can capitalize on that and further enhance their talents and build a strong fan base like QingYu ( my bias :))  I will keep following... and thanks to @shuwei for your posts and translations I know it's a labor of love.

2 hours ago, ovicati said:

I so started with QingYu too! After "Counterattack" I've been so hooked on these dramas that I basically devour-I mean watched so many of them. My main website is readingmangaingfo, but for newer updates, I go to YouTube. I so wish I can speak mandarin so I don't need the subs. I'm trying to learn though. I hope these two gain popularity too. I love how they interact on the BTS and interview vids. I think Wang Bowen is a powerbottom tbh. I love it!!! :-)

Oh I am still there...my husband will only allow me to ship one CP...I had to " sneak out the house to come over here...LOL " But seriously, as a gay couple we appreciate and enjoy many of the BL webseries - some are better than others (we don't always agree) We recognize that on an international level - BL is not mainstream, so actors who choose roles in these series are to be respected and appreciated.   We also recognize that many of the web series are based on novels which often have some interesting and amusing perspectives on M/M relationships so we  take that with a grain of salt.  But we are happily waiting for UC2, we often have viewing parties and invite other couples over to watch series on out big screen tv...fun times !   btw..what is a "powerbottom" ? I just had to ask... :glasses:

omg the new wudong hurts my stomach from laughing...they're so weird ヽ( ・∀・)ノ

their (most brilliant) assistant is having a weibo giveaway of autographed photos, but for some reason she wants lipstick marks on them as well, like the guys are pinup stars or something. so we have the 2 of them diligently picking out lip colors that are the best for their skin tone, inadequately putting lipstick on each other, then kissing the photos (and wrinkling them)

i'm CHOKING @ xiaobai suddenly pretending to be pregnant 

Spoiler

tumblr_ob7xc8NXo71r374bro2_r1_400.gif  tumblr_ob7xc8NXo71r374bro4_r1_400.gif

lmao these fakes

Spoiler

tumblr_ob7xc8NXo71r374bro3_r1_400.gif  tumblr_ob7xc8NXo71r374bro1_r1_400.gif

.....a picture is worth a thousand words...

005Q54iKgw1f6e6w1v959j31be0qo48z.jpg

trying to end the show normally~

tumblr_o9l1ygC3O11r374bro10_r3_400.gif

Archived