[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

Haven't seen episode 2 but my god episode 1 is so funny, the funniest i've seen since the change of the year. 

The king PSY's role is 180 deg different from the last one but sometimes i still forget that he is not in silla anymore. I may sound like i am complaining that he went from one drama to another that quick although not really because the recently concluded one was taped way before they aired it but the truth is i am more than happy. He's such an eye candy and boy i can't complain.

The 14th prince JS's role suits him. I can't believe that he was the lady in red (whatever the exact color is). I know they used a double when 'she was walking into the room' because no way that it was him who walked that way but that scene was so funny,  i laughed so hard i think i bruised my ribcage!

DBS, well, i thought at first that i was watching WFKBJ with different actors because of the hair and the strength similarity but i think that this drama is better if the basis is the laugh-o-meter only. This is funnier. That thought is based on episode 1 only and i sincerely hope that they will be able to maintain that.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.M.G. Park Bo-Young! She carries the drama on her tiny shoulders so well.... I still need to understand the rules and extent of her power but.... Bong-Soonie! what a bundle of charm! Such a finely tuned sass, cuteness, and spunk!

And Hyung-Sikie! Ahn Min-Hyeok still feels like a little stereotypical rich boy but he manages to add extra layers to Min-Hyeok with subtlety that I feel Min-Hyeok's charmingly eerie sometimes. Thoughts like 'he's probably a hidden psycho' crossed my mind several times. I got a feeling that some of the threats he gets might have been a product of his imagination, a hallucination...? I like Park Hyung-Sik since Nine and his 'Real Man'' days and feel so proud he has come so far!

And so many veteran actors I like...

A romcom thriller, ay?!  I've got a mixed feeling about these first episodes although this is definitely fun. But I cannot help dreading the mess the plot(s) will get into and I have yet to adjust to the drama's tone. Yet, as a famous character once said, "nothing like a nice murder to cheer you up!" I'm so in this... 

5 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Still curious why he choose to reveal himself to the police and even let the women go and not killing her like his previous victim yet he was confident she wouldn't tell as she let her in that state,he planned from the beginning to just hurt her...We saw he was watching Gook Du before,so is he thinking of all this side thing being chased by the police as some type of game?I think the dude smokes,not knowing if it's such a hint...Did the guy feel provocked somehow and he did change his way of hurting them or just made it look as it is unrelated to the first one...

Still find it curious he played with this victim like cat and mouse not fearing involving the police etc...Curious if the guy workes with narcotics as he has access to some type of substance to make them sleep

6 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Damn,that kidnaper/killer is a total psycho,he really is deranged...He told the poor victim she is his first bride,and that he saved her so she should thank him...I think this multiple people who harm might be a diversion to find the real ones,who are after Minhyuk and the killer,if they are indeed not the same...I see the one after Minhyuk has a personal bief and it's related to that Albertine Cronicales while the killer like Gook Du pointed knows the Dobong-Dong well,so maybe he lives there...Quite curious as well as Minhyuk pointed out,why one was killed and the other just kidnapped...

I became so curious about our villain after seeing that he definitely isn't our standard villain. First off, I wanna say that I also think that the man who kidnapped the woman and the person threatening Min Hyuk to be two different people. But I can't tell for now, since there has been little evidence on MH's enemy so far. The hacking guy most likely indeed has a personal vendetta against MH. 

Like Guk Do had guessed back at the police station, the villain probably didn't want to actually kill her, so he used techniques with a knife that would result in her passing out instead of a death. This means he probably couldn't use the substance he had at the hospital at that time because of some circumstance, and that he is very skilled with a knife, unlike what the dummy officers said. So if he is indeed skilled with a knife and also experienced with using narcotics, might he be a former doctor? 

What's even more interesting than who he is, is why the heck he is doing all of this. When we saw him with that mask on and the environment the victim was in, my first thought that came to mind was that he was some sort of evil Dr. Frankenstein OR Frankenstein's Monster, looking to play a creator with this poor victim. Then he went ahead and used the word "bride", and if you know the ol' story, you know that Frankenstein's Monster desperately wants his creator (Dr. Fankenstein) to make him a bride. I'm thinking this villain definitely is in some way looking to make his own human creations. He's a messed up dude. Then we also have some minor facts on sizes of the victims and himself. The victim pointed out that his feet were big... What if he has done some seriously messed up body part experiments on himself? We also heard how the officers pointed out how much the kidnapped victim weighted. The villain is looking for someone very specific, specific as in someone who matches the kind of body he is searching for. Perhaps the first victim was murdered because he noticed right away that she wasn't a "match".

OKj0zwL.jpg

Look at the dummy in the background. Doesn't this also kind of imply that he is doing human experiments? 

Soooooo, I was wondering whether this villain would be a "normal crime drama/movie"-kind of criminal, or the kind that we see in superhero movies. With this messed up mindset, it's probably the latter :unsure:

Onto a more fun point, SWBDS really has a very unique kind of vibe to it! It's faster paced than probably any other drama that I've ever seen, so no worries on it all going slow :D The humour in it is also so very special, and I very much am into that one song that plays by the end of the episode, the one playing when BS fought off the jerks in ep 1. Also that scene where she was at the police station with all those hurt guys, and as soon as she turned around they go quiet... Just brilliant! Psh, kids eh? Talking about superstrength and stuff. Definitely been watching too much Avengers. Right, Min Hyuk? :wink: 

Not only does Min Hyuk tell Bong Soon not to go on diet but he has either cooked or bought food for her 5 FREAKING TIMES IN 2 EPISODES FROM WHICH 3 TIMES WERE DURING ONE SINGLE DAY!!! How can you not fall for the man who actually feeds the heroine on regular basis and forbids diet to her!

SQ5Cm6y.jpg

Futhermore, he always finds all these adorable excuses so he could buy ir and eat it with her.

Except for that one time when he learned how close to BS’s home those terrible assaults happened, that THE FOOD ACTUALLY BECAME THE EXCUSE, so he could cheer her up (because he had already noticed how the mention of food always makes her happy) and had a reason not to leave her alone. And then he apparently even dropped her off.

x2mFT65.jpg

He even loves Pa Oh’s her father’s walnut pie and INVITES HER TO EAT IT WITH HIM AGAIN! 

fvawxNG.jpg

30 minutes ago, juliacaesar said:

I became so curious about our villain after seeing that he definitely isn't our standard villain. First off, I wanna say that I also think that the man who kidnapped the woman and the person threatening Min Hyuk to be two different people. But I can't tell for now, since there has been little evidence on MH's enemy so far. The hacking guy most likely indeed has a personal vendetta against MH. 

Like Guk Do had guessed back at the police station, the villain probably didn't want to actually kill her, so he used techniques with a knife that would result in her passing out instead of a death. This means he probably couldn't use the substance he had at the hospital at that time because of some circumstance, and that he is very skilled with a knife, unlike what the dummy officers said. So if he is indeed skilled with a knife and also experienced with using narcotics, might he be a former doctor? 

What's even more interesting than who he is, is why the heck he is doing all of this. When we saw him with that mask on and the environment the victim was in, my first thought that came to mind was that he was some sort of evil Dr. Frankenstein OR Frankenstein's Monster, looking to play a creator with this poor victim. Then he went ahead and used the word "bride", and if you know the ol' story, you know that Frankenstein's Monster desperately wants his creator (Dr. Fankenstein) to make him a bride. I'm thinking this villain definitely is in some way looking to make his own human creations. He's a messed up dude. Then we also have some minor facts on sizes of the victims and himself. The victim pointed out that his feet were big... What if he has done some seriously messed up body part experiments on himself? We also heard how the officers pointed out how much the kidnapped victim weighted. The villain is looking for someone very specific, specific as in someone who matches the kind of body he is searching for. Perhaps the first victim was murdered because he noticed right away that she wasn't a "match".

Look at the dummy in the background. Doesn't this also kind of imply that he is doing human experiments? 

Soooooo, I was wondering whether this villain would be a "normal crime drama/movie"-kind of criminal, or the kind that we see in superhero movies. With this messed up mindset, it's probably the latter :unsure:

What u pointed it's quite true and i also i'm with you,i also had this thought that the killer is a medical student or an actual one as he has access to that substance...I think the killer knew quite well what he did to the victim and why,i think he was kinda playing the police even more seeing he went to the same site he killed his previous victim(and saw Gook Du search)...Like pointed before by uglypearl i think our deranged dude is the said "Saviour"..He looks to me like the one who was in the hospital,and voice and eyes with that creepy mask...I think he might even add false info to play them...I'm curious why he wants 7 Brides,is there a special menaing of 7(aside from the week day etc).On point as well with the Frankenstein part..This part of the show it's good as raises so many questions about it...Did he perhaps saw Bong Soon when young using her powers and now he is trying to re-create the girl he thinks he saw back then...Or maybe he was also on that Bus back then...

About the Stalker that bothers MinHyuk it's indeed still vague yet we know for sure it's a personal vendetta of some sort and it has to do with that game he created...Even so,is actually just one person or a gang of them taking turns like anti-fans going far too much over the line that are taking the game in question too serious...We still don't know exactly what is the game about in more exact details,to get the idea what he hates about it...Does he think he stole an idea from him etc...I somehow doubt he is the killer,it would be too much,and too busy...

I also see the writer/directors subtil hints trying to point at MinHyuk as a possible killer always making him wear those black hoddies...

I liked today episode, it wasn't as spectacular as yesterday, but it doesn't have to do that. I want the story to progress on a very average pace. PBY keeps up her amazing performance so far and luckily ANM & IKD made some progress this episode. I think this was the most beneficial thing in todays episode, both of them made some progress and let both actors shine. I'm interested on how both characters will interact with each other and how they develop, especially in terms of DBS, because it always gets complicated when there is a girl involved. Based on experience. 

Just on thing about the last scene, isn't this the best-case scenario for a girl? Two (hot?) guys on each hand fighting over you? For me as man it felt like she must be in heaven. Anyway.

Really looking forward to next week, gosh....I have the feeling it will be hard waiting a whole week for the next episode. I begin to think in episodes again, like how it was while watching Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo. So my week will start fridays now. Oh, while I'm talking about Fairy.

Thank you for putting the thought of the three ahjummas are BJ and friends when they're older in my head. I just can't unsee it now. While I watched the episode I thought the husband of BJ was JH who flirts casually with Shi-Ho (the ahjumma who wants to support the building). Seems like we have kinda season two of WFKBJ. Now they have kids.

11 hours ago, ferily said:

Also Do Bong Soon brings up a good point in the preview about Gook Du... Why does he treat her so well when he already has a girlfriend...? Perhaps he just thinks of her as a real good friend and is overprotective?

Well, let me explain this from a guys pov. We just can't help ourselves to do otherwise. This may look suspicious and strange from DBS point of view and maybe even for his girlfriend too, but he just can't help himself and has to do it. He isn't overprotective, he's just a guy who sees a girl that he likes in danger. There don't have to be romantic feelings from his side, but it's some kind of instinct that every (normal) man has, to protect a woman that he likes. And since DBS is a girl he knows since school and accompanied him throughout his life, it's just normal that he cares for her safety and is worried. Just because we already have a girlfriend, that doesn't mean we don't care about other girls in our life. This has nothing to do with love, he just have to do it. He wouldn't forigve himself if something would happen to her, regardless of his feelings. He don't love her (sure, he could, but this isn't his primary motive) since I'm sure he loves his actual gf, he just does the thing that feels the right thing to do.

From my perspective, it would be strange if he would act otherwise. It's just normal to act like this.

I hope this helps.

6 hours ago, hitomebore08 said:

I made some BS gifs

:wub: Gosh, she's such a beauty. Just for gifs like this I'm glad that I attend this thread.

3 hours ago, briseis said:

Well if that's enough to make such an impact, I will write it down for myself and use it in my upcoming relationships. Thank you.

1 hour ago, allegramente said:

And Hyung-Sikie! Ahn Min-Hyeok still feels like a little stereotypical rich boy but he manages to add extra layers to Min-Hyeok with subtlety that I feel Min-Hyeok's charmingly eerie sometimes. Thoughts like 'he's probably a hidden psycho' crossed my mind several times. I got a feeling that some of the threats he gets might have been a product of his imagination, a hallucination...? I like Park Hyung-Sik since Nine and his 'Real Man'' days and feel so proud he has come so far!

I like AMH because he's not the typical complete jerk, he has nice and caring moments right from the start and doesn't need a complete change. Sure he will evolve throughout the drama, but he isn't completely hopeless.

1 hour ago, juliacaesar said:

This! I thought ecactly the same. This dummy in the background gave me creeps! My mind went crazy as soon as I saw it. My whole horror-movie-history began to cross my mind and I thought what horrible, horrible thing he could do. And since he operates in a dungeon like that and seems to have multiple victims, I began to create some thoughts that are very......disgusting. I just hope that not a single of my theories are right. 

32 minutes ago, dhakra said:

From my perspective, it would be strange if he would act otherwise. It's just normal to act like this.

Good point on this. I agree. Being friends & knowing that her life could be in danger, he did the right thing. Did you notice of whether he is aware of BS's strength? I can't tell fr my live stream.  Won't hv time to watch subs till later. 

-------------

And on the subject of uri bb Ji Soo ..wah so nice to see him go from bad boy in Doctors to hot manly cop here. I'm ok if he does not end up with BS. I hope they can give a lil bit of character development to his pretty cellist gf ( whom I hope is not some plot twist psychopath or Something) , so that he does not end up alone. But the vibes I'm getting is that he is such a serious guy who is very consumed with work & solving crimes, that the gf might leave him. Then potential complication with BS, gf may misunderstand further. 

Haha. Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself 

My sunday morning wish: first, Watching ep2 with sub, done.

Aaaaaak, really really in love with duo Park and ji soo of course. Their chemistry is the best. Their acting skill, you know you don't need to worry if they are PBY and PHS. And their looking, such a vitamin for my eyes :)

I hope the story will be getting better and better in the next each episode and the rating of course.

And now it's really hard waiting for ep 3 until a week later. I am not patient enough.

Hello!! Watched both episodes and i'm awed!! 

Does anyone know how much the ratings are equivalent to, with respect to that of mbc/kbs/sbs etc? I think there's a rough estimation or something...

P.s i'm really looking forward to the emotional side of minhyuk next week hehe. Am i the only one xD

1 hour ago, dhakra said:

I like AMH because he's not the typical complete jerk, he has nice and caring moments right from the start and doesn't need a complete change. Sure he will evolve throughout the drama, but he isn't completely hopeless.

I didn't mean to put down Min-Hyeok because I am beginning to find him fascinating beyond the romantic relationship.

To the serial killer, as Min-Hyeok puts it, hunting and killing is a game, and he understands that. It's quite chilling watching Min-Hyeok getting excited over a possibility of an intelligent killer, listening to him smiling and stating "when I was young, my dream was to be the culprit...," amidst the cheery colours in that scene frames. There has got to be something in his past. His dislike of the police force (they come too late, they don't take advice, they get it wrong...) comes from experience.

Aside from the chaebol setup, I find him the enigma in this drama because, if you're into "serious game" as I am currently in real life, you might want to watch things from his perspective as well. He is a game developer for a reason, unlike the game developer of "Lucky Romance", who's just used as  a romantic lead and whose company is just used as backdrop for the romance. I think Min-Hyeok will be more instrumental to elaborate the "gaming" narrative in this drama. At least, I hope so.

I am seriously curious about Ahn Min Hyuk's past.... I want to know what happened to him in the past that made him to dislike the police so much and know so much about the suspect... Someone mentioned that Ahn Min Hyuk seems to have built a wall around him, and although he acts like that outside on the inside he can be an emotional person? I don't know, haha :lol: But there has to be a reason why people thinking he has no interest in woman. I am thinking maybe it's because of his female savior in high school and he is trying to look for her? He does have a painting of her... Maybe he is looking for her because she is his first love so he has no interest in other woman?

Gahh, I just really want to know about AMH's past...!! I feel like something happened to him for him to be like this, unless we're all overthinking analyzing things :sweatingbullets: (But I don't think so...!! There has to be something) Also not to mention his stalkers and the incident that happened to him on the bus. Like somebody said, I don't think it's a coincidence that the bus tires went out AND the brakes didn't work... Perhaps someone has been out to get him since high school? Questions, questions, questions!!!

36 minutes ago, triplem said:

Good point on this. I agree. Being friends & knowing that her life could be in danger, he did the right thing. Did you notice of whether he is aware of BS's strength? I can't tell fr my live stream.  Won't hv time to watch subs till later. 

No, he doesn't know anything about her strength. He thinks she's a weak girl that needs protection. This makes it even more clear why he acts this way. I would act the same way, even to a stranger. Every man with at least some decent education hears throughout his whole childhood that a man's job is to protect women. And on top of that, he's a cop.

36 minutes ago, triplem said:

And on the subject of uri bb Ji Soo ..wah so nice to see him go from bad boy in Doctors to hot manly cop here. I'm ok if he does not end up with BS. I hope they can give a lil bit of character development to his pretty cellist gf ( whom I hope is not some plot twist psychopath or Something) , so that he does not end up alone. But the vibes I'm getting is that he is such a serious guy who is very consumed with work & solving crimes, that the gf might leave him. Then potential co

Ah, it would be so refreshing to see a female psychopath for a change. I hope they didn't introduce his girlfriend just because they need a break-up. If this is just for the purpose of creating a love-triangle between the three leads then someone is definetely ending up alone. They chose to introduce him with a girlfriend, so they should go down this path and build it properly. They can create beautiful, meaningful moments even if he is in a relationship. Sure she can break up with him, but so far it seems that she understands his situation very well and supports him, because she knows that he is a busy, but honest cop. We'll see.

24 minutes ago, ferily said:

I am seriously curious about Ahn Min Hyuk's past.... I want to know what happened to him in the past that made him to dislike the police so much and know so much about the suspect... Someone mentioned that Ahn Min Hyuk seems to have built a wall around him, and although he acts like that outside on the inside he can be an emotional person? I don't know, haha :lol: But there has to be a reason why people thinking he has no interest in woman. I am thinking maybe it's because of his female savior in high school and he is trying to look for her? He does have a painting of her... Maybe he is looking for her because she is his first love so he has no interest in other woman?

That would be kinda romantic, but it feels so obvious and mainstream.

This drama really feels like a Korean Drama! With all the cute promo teasers, posters and finally we have a cute leading actor actress, with an intense plot aka murder/violent! Not forget to mention all the close up frames, shopping scenes, gossiping scenes of the ahjummas, bonding of female lead with her close friend (?), eating ramyeon, wacky parents :D 

I think we have all the typical korean drama just by the two episodes. Not complaining here! :D really enjoy sometimes to have formula of enjoyable drama to make us addicted :wink: 

I feel also that PBY has great chemistry both with PHS and JS :) PHS also looks really great in this drama!! JS also, comparing with him in Fantastic. He looks mature in SWDBS. I wonder whether they will change PBY hair cut later on. 

Just finished subbed ep 2. I found this episode suspenseful with the 'Signal' vibe from the murders but at the same time refreshing with the funny scenes from our OTP. PBY and PHS are so cute bickering. Both are master of expression, giving us many priceless annoyed expressions. 

2 good episode so far.

lot good scene for episode 2 too.

that scene of BS teaching those bully leader by tieing his shoelaces.so hard that it hurt his feet was good.

that scene were BS/MH go to BS store to buy food to eat/BS ma already headover hill for MH cuz he rich was funny.

that secne of BS ma telling BS to married MH/BS telling her he gay was funny.

those secne of BS being cute when seeing GD was just too cute. PBY is really a good actress.

it going be hard to pull for a guy for BS. both MH/GD look good with her. both are worry about her. just that GD have a gf already. i wonder will he stay with his gf. throughout this drama? or will the writer write her off in the near future?

that last secne was tense. GD want to take BS home.while MH want BS to stay at his house was such a clifhanger.

it good to see the rating is going up.

Archived