[Drama 2016-2017] Blow Breeze 불어라 미풍아

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:
3 hours ago, jongski said:

Hah.The Feelz. Exactly. Maybe  50 Ep? that's why.

No, 50 episodes do get subbed but this is a low buzz weekend drama so that's why its taking so much time. Its a shame, I like the leads and I want to watch it. I hope they start subbing it soon.

And I actually like the story.  Here's hoping ti will be good drama. as I've mentioned previous post.. human rights lawyer +  defector girl + love. There will be weighty issues and subjects to tackle hence good acting skills of leads will be on display. I also like the cast. I like male leads. They're good actors.  I've only seen the female lead in High Society but I drop that after 8 episodes. 

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching atm ep 1 then ep 2.. even if it's raw.  Nice aerial shot. Panoramic.

Can you please please please sub this. I don't even know who's who but already I like it! Have to go back again translation of stroppye. Thanks chingu! Okay  back now to the drama. Thoughts later.

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Okay, I don't know how to sub episodes and not sure if I have time to do an entire sub. However, I do like this drama enough that I'll try to post some brief recaps, at least until someone else starts recapping. :)

So, this is a brief recap of episode 1. Please note that I actually ended up not necessarily following the drama sequencing. I tended to follow each story line through the episode. Sorry if that's confusing. Also, I didn't bother to put it in a spoiler since this thread isn't as busy yet. If it get's busier, I'll put them in spoilers for anyone who doesn't want to read the recap itself.

Hwang Geum Sil (mother) and Lee Kyung Sik (father) has migrated to Macau to run a restaurant after going bankrupt in South Korea. They have two sons: Jang Go who is the first born is studious and filial and Jang Soo who is the second son who is less studious and more rebellious. They made enough money to send their boys to the good private school. Jang Go tested and was able to get in, but Jang Soo goes to a lesser school because he failed his English entrance exam into the good school. They are doing okay in Macau, but not super successful.

Joo Young Ae (mother) and Kim Dae Hoon (father) are North Koreans who have been officially stationed in various locations overseas. They have two children: a first born son, Young Chul, and a daughter, Seung Hee. Because of Dae Hoon’s position in the government, they live a relatively affluent life and both children attend the same prestigious school that Jang Go goes to.

Jang Go and Young Chul are classmates at the school. Because of the enmity between their two countries, there are initially hard feelings between them. Actually, Jang Go does try to make some friendly overtures since he is a kind hearted boy, but he is rebuffed and disrespected by Young Chul who makes barbed comments to about the lack of honor of South Korean boys, so Jang Go responds in kind. This culminates in a fist fight between them at an intramural basketball game where they are playing on opposite sides. They both face expulsion unless they can learn to be friends while serving community service.

In the meantime, the feisty Seung Hee who has also denigrated Jang Go for being a South Korean when they had met previously decides to avenge her brother by harassing Jang Go. Ultimately, she throws a piece of candy ball at Jang Ho which hits him in the head. Jang Ho fakes a head injury and collapses which brings Seung Hee to tears thinking that she may have killed him. It’s only when she says how wrong she was to have done that, that Jang Go gets up.  At his sister’s crying, Young Chul comes over to find out that his sister has been harassing Jang Go. However, Jang Go is good natured about it and even tells Young Chul he’s lucky for having a little sister who is so fiercely on his side. This causes both the Kim siblings to relax their guard around Jang Go. The prinicipal reinstates both Jang Go and Young Chul back to school.  Seung Hee develops a massive crush on Jang Go.

Ma Chung Ja (mother) and Jo Dal Ho (father) live with Dal Ho’s father Jo Eok Man and their two children, son Hee Dong and daughter Hee Ra who are fraternal twins. Filial Hee Dong is the older twin, even though he is shorter than his sister Hee Ra. Chung Ja is obsessed with her looks since she married Dal Ho who is younger than she is. She is also obsessed with money, convinced that her husband and his father’s business is going well, so spending freely and constantly wanting more. Also, her husband’s father has an older cousin Kim Duk Chun who has become very successful, so she assumes that her children will be his inheritors as his only living relative in that generation. While she goes over to his restaurant to ask to borrow money to send her children overseas for their schooling since her husband won’t give her the money to do so, she overhears Duk Chun speaking with an private investigator about searching for his family in North Korea.

She then witnesses her husband and father-in-law being threatened by creditors and realizes that they are in dire straits. Eok Man, with Dal Ho and Chung Ja, goes to Duk Chun to ask for more money to stay the creditors, but his cousin refuses. Eok Man and Duk Chun argue about it, Eok Man asking if the reason he won’t give him more money to save his life is because he’s saving it for their family in North Korea. It seems that both Eok Man and Duk Chun originally lived in North Korea. When the war broke out and men were being conscripted into the North Korean army, the two boys escaped and made their way to South Korea to try to establish themselves in order to bring the rest of the family down. However, the borders closed and the two boys remained estranged from their family. Eok Man also left behind his sweetheart, promising to come back for her in a few weeks.

Just as it looks as if Duk Chun is about to give in,  the private investigator comes in to give them the bad news that all of their North Korean relatives are dead, either during the war or in re-education camps afterwards. This devastates both men, but especially Duk Chun who thinks about the promise he made to his sweetheart to come back for her when he left.

In the meantime, Dae Hoon has to go back to North Korea for a visit to his mother Soon Ok who is dying. On her death bed, she tells him that actually his father did not die in the war as she had been telling him. His father is alive somewhere in South Korea and his name is Kim Duk Chun. She gives him a ring that Duk Chun had given her and some information that will prove that Dae Hoon is from her. She tells him that once the Koreas are unified, he should go find his father. Dae Hoon wants to start looking immediately, but she tells him that’s too dangerous and that their family would lose everything if it came to light in the current political climate that Dae Hoon’s father had defected to South Korea.

My comment - This set up tugs at my heart. The tragedy of families torn apart by the division into North and South Korea and subsequent hostilities is a relatively common story for Koreans, I think. The men who went ahead to establish themselves thinking to spare their families the harsh journey and the misery of being refugees, not realizing that there would be no chances to bring their families down to them later, and the fate of the families who stayed behind and were frequently punished for having family members who were traitors to their countries.

The story about the children's generations seem light hearted and cute, thus far, but have portents of sorrow. I haven't watched episode 2 yet, but I wonder if the reason Kim Dae Hoon's family loses their status and lifestyle has to do with the information getting out that Dae Hoon's father was a defector. Also, as cute as the children's scenes are right now, I worry for Young Chul. The fact that he's not one of the adults listed seems to indicate that he dies in his youth. Those two things explain why Seung Hee would defect to South Korea and change her name to Mi Poong. And, also why she may know about her grandfather and try to find him since he would be the only family she might have in South Korea. This last bit is pure speculation on my point at this stage. More comments once I am able to watch episode 2. 

Massive thank you, I worry for Young Chul too, Seung Hee later to be known as Mi Poong comes with her mother and a small boy with no man accompanying them to the South so I think they will(shudders) die maybe. A huge thanks once again. What's with people, raw is up but no subs yet.

Anneyoooong chagiya dheul.. onnie is joining the thread!!! OMG how happy I am to discover this drama.. I like both Son Ho Joon and Im Ji Yeon and the fact that they are paired and in 50 episodes too.. KYAK!!! 

can't wait to see them both in all scenes and of course.. it's a family drama that deserve a happy ending for all... 

Blow Breeze fightiiiing!!! 

Already done with ep 1. About to start with ep 2.

The fact that I watch this raw.... means like this!  and I have  feeling  drama will  make me shed tears.

I enjoyed the cuteness  and charming scenes of  Jang Go and Mi Poong (her name was Seung hee then). She kept on teasing  at the same harassing him. She likes him enough to follow him. And though I didn't understand the dialogue. I got a smile on my face.

I didn't understand the scene  where told old man was visiting memorial - they showed a scene where  many ribbons on a fence? and  it has Koreans flags but reading translation and review above I get the drift. Many thanks again, stroppye.

I'm still waiting for this drama to be sub. Like I've in my mention as well previous post  this drama can tackle serious issues.

This is 50 episode drama.. it's just too long I'm willing to  stay hopefully it turns out to be wonderful  well real good and written drama.

Here I come Ep 2. More thoughts later.

And I'm waiting for sub.  I hope this is sub!

Watching ep 2.  it's only the first scene but already all I could utter is aww.. awww. Young Jang Go and Mi Poong ( calling her that instead of Seung Hee) like youngsters "date" kinda. They're bonding,  explored the city, eating, street food,  Jang Go buying her the hair band. and both were smiling all throughout. Awww.. 

22 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, I loved the opening with the two of them hanging out and being cute together. Young Mi Poong has stars in her eyes every time she's looking at Jang Go, and I think he's enjoying her adoration. It's clear that he only thinks of her as a little sister for now, but it's sweet how he looks after her and buys her a hair band and food, even as he's teasing her as boys do. Definitely, awwww...

Btw, since I wrote up the recaps, I wasn't planning on doing any scene translations, but if there is something you're curious about, let me know, and I'll translate it for you. It's helpful if you could either describe the scene or give me timing cues if you do make a request. 

@stroppyse    I do have question. There are 3 sets of family and they're all connected -  The  family of Jang Go, the family of Seung Hee/ Mi Poong.. and then I'm confused with whats their relationship  to the family with twins, And who's originally form North Korea?

Really appreciate the effort in translating  raw stream <3

Hello Everyone,  I also filled out the request form after spending much of today searching for and sub episodes to no avail but I must thank @stroppyse for the translated recap.. I do have to agree with some of you about the actors I'm just hoping they could change our minds and give a good performance in this episode weekend drama.. I do like the young cast..

I watched episode 2 once again....   and had a laugh at Jang Soo.. who's gonna be  the problem child and dongsaeng. Hah.  The drama is certainly fast, they don't dwell. There is  flashback but I like the phase.  I like the scene when they were trying to defect... this is just drama but it shows you a kind of reality on  how refugees or the ones trying defect try to cross border and they do it usually at night risk getting shot  and killed by patrol.

Looking to be  human melodrama. Already we have heavy teary scene of Mi Poong  remembering how they defected.

Oh my gosh that last scene at the stop light..... they don't even know.  Aww.

But looking at the preview of Ep 3..like I said,  story is moving along fast. she recognized the name of oppa Jang Go. Yes!..  okay fine I have to wait for next Saturday again.

Please this needs to be sub... DF or VIKI

And after 13 years.... Jang Go is now human rights lawyer and Seung Hee is now Mi Poong. Gone is the well off status and now is poor  girl who defected from North Korea.  They're destined to meet again Ep.3. Aww.  I enjoyed the first two epsiodes. Not much news or uploads about this so decided to scap ep 2. Thanks for indulging. I dunno who these actors are but...so far I'm liking the drama.

bb1.png
bb2.png
bb3.png
bb5.png
bb4.png

I just saw the first episode, Young Seung Hee and Jang Go are so cute. Tadpole and her Oppa, God, I hope we get the rest of the subs soon. I am looking forward to seeing how Mi Poong and Jang Go meet again and rediscover their connection.

Yes  Ep 1 finally got subbed!  And did they used drone camera for the aerial  panoramic shots? :D

Gah. cuteness alright! Jang-Go and Kim Mi Poong. but they only appear in two episodes (we'll see them again  first half of ep 2)

I like  the playfulness/ annoying ways  Mi Poong tries to do to Jang-Go. And the Jang-Go and Jang-Soo- typical siblings. I like them both.  But already we see the slight North and South Korean conflict through the youngsters.

There 3 sets of siblings here: Twins Hee Ra and Hee Dong, then JG and JS, then  Mi Poong and Young Chul.

Waiting for ep 2 sub! I like this drama.

Btw, Ha Joo Wan character is Hee Dong- one of the twins, the one smart.

Depends on whether this show gets subbed and I can watch it allowing me to stick around in this thread. Otherwise I will just try to manage by being a silent lurker over here to get the gist of the story.  Watched the first episode and my thoughts are that the story seems to be interesting so far. All the young kids were cute. Was actually surprised that they were only for two episodes. I was expecting them to hang around for atleast 2-4 more episodes. Nice change of pace for a change.

As for the Hera's mother I can already not stand her over here meaning that she is doing a good job. Frankly I saw this actress in a daily a year back or so called Save The Family and she was slightly better in that over there though it depend on the situation over there. Nice to see that her FiL is in this show as well and a bunch of older actors and all. :) She is simply far to money minded that I can actually see her causing problems down the line. Thinks that she can spend all that money and still have a lot remaing. To bad the real world doesn't work like that. The more that she has the more she will spend without even realizing it. Infact I am sure that her family situation is so bad because she tends to spend as if there is no tomorrow. Her husband needs to have a firmer hand with her. Frankly this woman seems to me that if someone better of came than her husband she would leave him given the chance and all.

Another thing that I was curious about was a character that was mentioned on the Asianwiki site called Park Shin-ae portrayed by Oh Jie-Un. Now so far she hasn't been introduced in the first two episodes or so it seems. But I was wondering if this is really the case. What if that other defector Park Mijung is the same as this character. We have no idea what happened to her but wouldn't it be safe to assume that she managed to escape as well. But since she had all the money she could have either used that to create a new identity for herself or perhaps she still has the money and a new identity this will indicate that she will be the opposite of the main female lead. Now rich she will also try to be the typical 2nd lead unfortunately (I say unfortunately because I happen to be a fan of this actress and she was a good lead in the shows that she was in. Going to take me some time to see her dark side :) ) Regardless she will want to remain rich and will try to marry into the males leads family. She wouldn't want to be near the female lead and will try to get rid of her because she may identify her or demand the family money back thus she will lose her status and all. Then again I may be wrong here.

Either way really hope that this show gets subbed so that I can actually have more to add in this thread. Otherwise good luck to the rest of you.

29254386462_d79591c01b_z_d.jpg

@stroppyse@stroppyse appreciate your timely recaps of Raw episodes

@yamiyugi@yamiyugi agree with your analysis of both MCJ (twins mother) and PSA.  Will add that I see a high possibility that PSA is KYS (the young boy carried across the border) mother- IF IF correct on my conjecture then this will add to the problems/angst that KMP and her mother JYE, as well as the OTP KMP LJG will face in the future.

I thought the first 2 episodes provided an excellent set up for the future storylines of this interesting drama I am looking forward to watching.

I was particularly impressed by the court case setup of LJG as a righteous, caring Human Rights Lawyer. HOWEVER- I also think this court case, if you scratch away the surface, shows that LJG is a little too trusting, dare I say naive/gullible--which (if I am correct) will likely allow others (such as PSA and MCJ) to cause (hopefully short term) conflicts between KMP LJG in the future.
-- I acknowledge that this POV is likely influenced by having spent my youth growing up in the New York City  Suburbs- if it looks/seems too good- be careful, verify.
---- As such, I can't help but see LJGs client as a con/scam artists- who preys on older lonely  hospital patients (cared for him SINCE he had accident) - She has a nice con- sickbed wedding, but does not register marriage- no need to complicate her goal of getting his money by adding  unnecessary possible future criminal fraudulent marriage charges.  -- Future episodes may or may not clarify-

Archived