[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

Found this on Twitter and it's spot on:

Wow hypocrite much? YJ looking to harm Anna bc YJ is a "victim" of circumstances. SJ cannot touch YJ, its abuse.

There is lots of hypocrisy going around. Yes, both YJ and SJ are scum and both should be locked up. YJ plots to have Anna murdered and we should all feel sorry for her because she has daddy issues, no one loves her and she's a victim. But SJ cannot ever slap YJ for trying to murder his daughter. Pfffffffffttttttttt, my dad woulda smacked her into next year and THEN had her arrested. But SJ is just as bad, he won't do that because he's all about being President. They both should be in jail. However, this is not real life. 

@nona88 - You're wrong, there were a few people doing happy dances that SJ smacked her but only because they're extremely tired of her BS. 

We should probably stop trying to place current morals & values on a dramatic, entertainment TV show. I mean, realistically there are no candidates for President who would send out assassins to murder their competition, it's beyond silly and not real! There are many, many things that happen in Kdramas that are repugnant to female viewers but I learned a long time ago to try not placing my own values/morals in the equation - which is extremely hard, especially if there are scenes of abuse or even rape. Calling people out for not being HORRIFIED when they see these things happen in dramas only separates us by trying to place higher moral values on one opinion than the other. We should accept that we ALL find these behaviors horrifying, unacceptable, revolting, disgusting and then...MOVE ON and stop trying to force our own moral high ground or judgments on others. 

All that being said, I'm a bit disappointed that they've now turned YJ into not only an evil psychopathic monster but a JEALOUS one too. UGH with this writer for ruining the character. On the other hand, it's also been a known fact from the very beginning that YJ's character was evil - she said so herself so I don't know why anyone is surprised or upset. 

@Nerise - Agree, but the excuses for YJ's behavior end up just making me laugh. :lol:

@klgirl - My appa is the same way, he would beat the hell out of anyone who tried to harm me. OR he's a big talker and wouldn't do a thing - he's much older now but still puts on this protective daddy suit when he thinks I need it. (LMAO)

@ashvaugn - Also agree that YJ made her choices a very long time ago - she IS the product of her choices. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will get back to serious stuff later but have to laugh at this :lol:...JH: i didn't bring your food have no money i left my wallet  :lol:...he only had bag with 2 mill usd ;)...and coz of his etics gave it away all :blink:...good for him he maked it up with dinner

47 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Guys sorry for jumping a little back...but waiting for subs i've been rewatching last 2 eps...when uncle brought Anna to hospital JH and that male doctor exchanged weird glances...was any significance in that?...anyone noticed as well?...or i just imagine things

Ah..subs r up :)

Yes, you are right

As a Jeha and YooJin shipper I have never justified or made excuses for YooJin.

I have given my theories about her backstory, backstory that has been hinted at by the drama itself.

I have tried to explain the circumstances she developed in that resulted in her having a warped view I the world, and this view is what caused her to make her evil choices.

Again and again and again Jeha/YooJin shippers and/or YooJin fans have been accused of trying to excuse and justify YooJin's actions. Just because we dont use the majority of the fandoms language when talking about her. We dont "hate" her, or call her a "b**ch" or a "psyco" or a "monster". Does that mean we are excusing her? Where in this thread has that ever been done?????? I'm genuinely asking.

On ۱۳۹۵/۸/۶ ه‍.ش. at 7:43 PM, perfectsmilebias said:

If Ajumma, K1, J4, Docto, and Mr. Song deserve to die, then Jeha most definitely deserves to die. He too, for a time, served as Anna's jailer. And unlike the other people, he is close line, so he had a vested interest (aside from just doing his job) in keeping Anna locked up. It wasn't only until there was a threat of YJ trying to kill Anna that he thought about exposing Anna to the public. If YJ hadn't threatened that, he would be just fine leaving Anna at that house (which they are back at again, lol was the location for the Uncle's house too expensive for the budget?), monitoring her as she ate her ramen.

you keep comparing je ha and other baddies. u r kind of right . he has done some bad stuff but he still is kind of different. First about Anna he didnt have enough information. And about yoojin. well he saw her do the worst and we he agreed to work with her he still got to know more about her like the way she talked to Anna about her mom in hospital and also when she ordered to kill those old people. The thing is that Je ha knows its politics and its dirty and full of games so he is not as pure as Anna .he plans for things although he might do badd he still is not even half bad as others even yoojin atleast based on what we have seen till now. he assumes all are playing so he has to play his own game too. And we sill dont know what is he up to. He has the right to doubt Yoojin. Just because she kind of like him it doesnt mean he should trust him. but again i doubt he betrays her like that. But one thing i agree on the Dad part. He needs to die and he is no better than yoojin and he has no right to slap her

46 minutes ago, tessieroo said:

Found this on Twitter and it's spot on:

Wow hypocrite much? YJ looking to harm Anna bc YJ is a "victim" of circumstances. SJ cannot touch YJ, its abuse.

There is lots of hypocrisy going around. Yes, both YJ and SJ are scum and both should be locked up. YJ plots to have Anna murdered and we should all feel sorry for her because she has daddy issues, no one loves her and she's a victim. But SJ cannot ever slap YJ for trying to murder his daughter. Pfffffffffttttttttt, my dad woulda smacked her into next year and THEN had her arrested. But SJ is just as bad, he won't do that because he's all about being President. They both should be in jail. However, this is not real life. 

@nona88 - You're wrong, there were a few people doing happy dances that SJ smacked her but only because they're extremely tired of her BS. 

We should probably stop trying to place current morals & values on a dramatic, entertainment TV show. I mean, realistically there are no candidates for President who would send out assassins to murder their competition, it's beyond silly and not real! There are many, many things that happen in Kdramas that are repugnant to female viewers but I learned a long time ago to try not placing my own values/morals in the equation - which is extremely hard, especially if there are scenes of abuse or even rape. Calling people out for not being HORRIFIED when they see these things happen in dramas only separates us by trying to place higher moral values on one opinion than the other. We should accept that we ALL find these behaviors horrifying, unacceptable, revolting, disgusting and then...MOVE ON and stop trying to force our own moral high ground or judgments on others. 

All that being said, I'm a bit disappointed that they've now turned YJ into not only an evil psychopathic monster but a JEALOUS one too. UGH with this writer for ruining the character. On the other hand, it's also been a known fact from the very beginning that YJ's character was evil - she said so herself so I don't know why anyone is surprised or upset. 

@Nerise - Agree, but the excuses for YJ's behavior end up just making me laugh. :lol:

@klgirl - My appa is the same way, he would beat the hell out of anyone who tried to harm me. OR he's a big talker and wouldn't do a thing - he's much older now but still puts on this protective daddy suit when he thinks I need it. (LMAO)

@ashvaugn - Also agree that YJ made her choices a very long time ago - she IS the product of her choices. 

No, I can't agree with you. And you don't believe in that either. You really dislike YooJin because of your strong feelings against child abuse in real life. Plus, this is a modern drama, if we use modern values to judge YooJin's emotional abuse of Anna (because hiding away a illegitimate child and even killing one was not seen as wrong in many historic cultures), then we can do the same to judge SJ's physical abuse of YJ. Plus, like someone said, he didnt just slap her, he hit her so hard she would have ended up on the floor if not for the couch.

Plus, he didn't just hit her in the spur of the moment. He told her to go to the house, just so he could assault her. That was premeditated assault! That is levels of f@#$ked up!

And even if you are a parent whose child was threatened, if you hit that person (especially if it wasn't in direct self defense) you would still be comitting physical assault.

If we don't downplay YooJin's crimes, why do we have to downplay SJ's crimes?

6 minutes ago, maral_ms said:

you keep comparing je ha and other baddies. u r kind of right . he has done some bad stuff but he still is kind of different. First about Anna he didnt have enough information. And about yoojin. well he saw her do the worst and we he agreed to work with her he still got to know more about her like the way she talked to Anna about her mom in hospital and also when she ordered to kill those old people. The thing is that Je ha knows its politics and its dirty and full of games so he is not as pure as Anna .he plans for things although he might do badd he still is not even half bad as others even yoojin atleast based on what we have seen till now. he assumes all are playing so he has to play his own game too. And we sill dont know what is he up to. He has the right to doubt Yoojin. Just because she kind of like him it doesnt mean he should trust him. but again i doubt he betrays her like that. But one thing i agree on the Dad part. He needs to die and he is no better than yoojin and he has no right to slap her

I know he isnt as bad as the main villains by a long shot. It's just I read Jeha as morally grey, more than most people do. I knw about this drama even before the cast had been officially casted, and I was promised a morally grey former mercenary, I just dont feel like letting that go. I myself think Jeha is a flat character, so holding onto the interpretation that he is morally grey makes me at least a little invested in him. I am a JCW fan in the end! lol

3 minutes ago, perfectsmilebias said:

I know he isnt as bad as the main villains by a long shot. It's just I read Jeha as morally grey, more than most people do. I knw about this drama even before the cast had been officially casted, and I was promised a morally grey former mercenary, I just dont feel like letting that go. I myself think Jeha is a flat character, so holding onto the interpretation that he is morally grey makes me at least a little invested in him. I am a JCW fan in the end! lol

I understand what u r saying. he actually is like a gray character. his character has so much potential. The guy is practically bringing everything into it himself. I hope writer does better in next episodes

@perfectsmilebias

dear aren't we done with that !!!! okay really i never hated SJ or YJ for anything they do to each other why? cause they all the same for me , they both trash people who care only about themselves and their dreams,greed and only feel their pain and suffer and like to act as victims while they living a life full of victims cause of them  , YJ was right when she said that to SJ " you not better then me , you used me and used ANNA mother  love for your dream and greedy "

so i dont care , i am trying to understand their pain and their twist personalty all the times , i never attacking any of them when they do bad things to each other why ? cause as you said dear if i have to understand one of them i have to be fair with the other too , so i am being fair here and saying that they both have   problem and cant act or live as human and have normal love , they both abusing each other and i dont care who start that first since they both has doing more then enough to each other

the fact i am not attacking SJ for slapping YJ ( not cause i like him doing that )  cause i am being fair since i am attacking YJ too for all what she did to him , i dont care for what happen between them in pity side i am watching them to see how down people get when they really lose their soul and get the love in the wrong way  ( did you visit my new site? :tongue: i write a fair post about them and their suffering and love views - i made them all victims there and looked at them with human heart ) 

you know i am the same from the start , i was angry from the father for being jerk as human and as father and how he acting with everyone not just ANNA , i even said from ep 2 i will not surprised if YJ was his victim in the past, since that part  that interesting me , but i am never get angry from what he doing to her now , and i was angry from YJ from the start from the way  she treat ANNA and JH and everyone around her but not the father since he jerk in my eyes from the start - 

so that what being fair to not side one of them since they both lose their right to act as victim and as i said i am still going to hate the SJ and YJ father or any man or any person who hurt YJ in the past and make her what she now as much i am hating YJ and SJ  for what they did to ANNA and to other innocent people so do you get what i talking about here !!!!

to be fair as much as we all want to understand YJ feeling and suffering even when she going crazy killing people and make innocent people suffer with easy mind as much you should understand a father who really want to protect his daughter life even when he  a jerk who didnt do anything to have the right to be called a father or human being 

so it not about hating YJ about abusing ANNA , it about seeing the really her the victim side of her who suffering and the crazy side of her who make many victim like her , i hate SJ for abusing YJ and i hate him for acting as animal with women and for his weak and greedy personality and i see the only things that still make him close to be human being his really  wish to let ANNA live ( even just keeping her just breathing isnt enough or can be called a father love )

i am talking about myself even when i am not the only one here , okay but it okay to have different view , you said that we should be fair when we talking about abusing and not accept what SJ did , so even when people here was going far with being happy about that slap it okay , there people who talked so many other views about that too , and there you who asking to be fair and understand YJ suffering and not accepting any harm to her or abusing but in the same time you dont forgave or gave any right to SJ to act like father cause he jerk and not human being so what the different

dear,  people having different view that natural , there people like you said more ,sensitive for child abusing ( i am one of them ) and there people who more sensitive for women abusing and there so many other people and other sensitive issues in their life , so let take it easy people side even evil acting cause they connect to one character more then the other and that the fun of watching drama 

did you hear my my friends this post isnt for my dear friend @perfectsmilebias only it for everyone from all the sides and it even for myself , we not trying to prove anythings here , we all have our different views of things and that the fun here so keep that in minds please , and we shouldn't try so hard to let everyone see what we see , and if someone saying something so not logic to us  that dont mean he in the wrong side 

it drama my friends , are we going to leave every evil things going on this drama from the human acting to dirty politics to the all the trash power people in this drama and just talk about if SJ should or shouldn't slap YJ ?? really i am shocking from many things in this hell drama and i keep holding my self since it story and even if that what happen in really life i am trying to stay clam about all this dirty things and dirty people so take it easy , nothing is okay when it come to hurt other so dont try to Defends any side like you Defending a victims or someone close to you they all doing wrong and many wrong things ( it just living hell ) 

All that scenes at the beginning with PKS were great...fighting was great and must have been exhausting...JCW looked so pale...anyway...i felt so sorry for him coz he was so tortured, on one hand he really just couldn't kill him but wants him to be punished so badly and on the other hand Anna was on his mind and he can't risk his life like before...at the end he had to make a deal with the devil but was disgusted...it was very hard for him and will get worse the more he gets involved with them

7 hours ago, ashvaugn said:

I know a lot of you loved the OTP scenes , who doesn't? Hehehe.. but just want to share this clip, this is my favorite scene of this epi, apart from looking awesomely hot with this hairstyle, I am in awe by this man's acting.. he truly has grown,From smile donghae to k2.. wow.. I felt his struggle on killing PKS with his acting.. Im so glad he did not kill him though.. 

you totally stole my words. i was going to write about this scene which totally stood out for me in this episode. I know i have said this before but he truly stands out in his generation of course from my point of view. he is no just an eye candy seriously he deserves more recognition and even some awards for his acting even for this one scene. His whole body just acts and i can feel the way he cries or gets angry or even his cute part is truly real of him that is why it looks so real so in that case u can say he is not action which i think is the greatest acting. truly awesome well done JCW

my wish for today please YJ dont use the trick of acting of being in danger in front of JH or under JH protecting to use his pain and suffering about letting people being hurt in his watch and to make him side you , please no  i really want to still respect you even as evil person you was great till now , but if you used that trick you the one who betrayed JH first since you using what he tell you and his pain against him , stop and act evil as much as you want but don't act so pity like this ,

please dear writer i really like how deep and great you write YJ character keep her in that place , i know you did make her having controlling problem and abusing using to the  control everyone from the start , i know you write her as someone who more controlling when it come to love but i dont want to see her doing that with JH , even with known all that from the start i still want her to have her pride as women even when i want her to get punishment as evil person  :cold_sweat:

4 hours ago, ashvaugn said:

Wow the atmosphere here is I'm speechless. True we all agree to disagree.. 

I never like to be so critical about a drama coz that is just stressing me out, but reading the comments here are more stressful than the drama itself. Dont get me wrong I am enjoying this drama, probably because I have always been team Jeha, just JH, so I dont get affected by any of the ship wars or what not. So for the first time, here is my take on this drama:

SYA has done a great job acting this role, and has a made a great impact on why people can sympathize with her, . While watching her, I get to feel a lot of emotions , I pity her, I feel her pain but at the same time, I also want to pull her hair!  She will meet her end, and I do hope some redemption for her, however, I want her to suffer all the consequences due to her actions, yes I get it, part of the reason why she is today is because of her issues with her family and her husband., But she is a product of her own choices. Let's stop the BLAME GAME.  I also like the fact that Jeha is constantly reminding her of her humanity. Jeha is reminding her of a life that she could have had, had he met a man like him that will protect her. Yes, we see it, no matter how many people try to deny it. The writer surely wants us to think that way, that scene when she was on the car spying on JH and AN, that's a woman jealousy right there. Is it the kind of jealousy because JH romantically liked to AN? Or is it the kind of jealousy that one of her "allies" is now shifting to her enemy's side. It does not matter, either way, JH is the one person she can't have.. and that is bothering her PRIDE, and making her emotionally and mentally unstable right now.  Having all said this about her, I think having these kind of emotions is realistic, and that is why it gives it so much layer to her character. 

But again this drama is not only about CYJ. She is not the only character this writer has to worked on. True, her char was built up strongly on the first few episodes, But an antagonist CANNOT WIN all the time, just because CYJ is becoming mentally deranged right now does not mean her character is being written poorly now by the writer. I see a lot of comments here and some other threads not just SOOMPI directly and indirectly are not happy with the OTP's developments because they feel they should focus more on CYJ,. Some just cant take the fact that she is becoming unstable hence they fail to appreciate other characters.

Jeha not being able to kill PKS is not a downside of his character, I consider it a development. Not being able to commit MURDER is always a good thing. A man who wants evryone to be on his side says something there, he is still a very powerful ally.

Jeha IMO is just now just thinking of a bigger picture,(based on what I have  seen so far, I havent seen it with subs so Idk hehe) I feel like he just wants to be out of the scenario, and feels physically and emotionally tired. Loving ANNA clearly changes his perspective. Is it a bad thing? Absolutely not, but the thing in his head now, is it even possible? To just get away with everything and just leave with AN? He will be caught up bet AN and YJ judging on the preview, and for sure it will still be  far fetched from the life that he wants.

JH, A man who is now warming up to his colleagues, A man  who wants to have a future with the woman she loves,  How will he able to do it? Idk. We will see.. he has a lot on his shoulders right now, I fear of what the upcoming episodes will be.

I dont hate ANNA., their OTP scenes makes my heart flutter and while it is a disconnect on her initial character, -I can forgive the writer on this, this is maybe his take on Anna's developments,. I pity her and at the same time happy for her that she gets to experience now the joy first love can bring . However, I just want her to step it up on the next episodes.. writer please, based on the last episodes , her character is pretty weak for me.  

i still have a lot of faith in this drama.. i still love these three characters, and while the writing is pretty all over the place, the acting of these three saves it all.. 

very sensible i must say.

@maral_ms @tessieroo @sakura22thanks for liking my posts.. 

this drama sure is interesting to make us all discuss, debate, agree, disagree, argue and so on and so forth. This drama does not have the best cohesive writing, but I appreciate the writer's effort on making us all worked up on almost every scene.. I have seen Yong Pal before, and so far based on the past 11 episodes, IMO this is better and more entertaining to watch. I am someone who appreciates both JH's chemistry with the two women. There is a reason why this drama called "the k2", I hope the writer gives justice to his character, we only 5 episodes left pls writer nim.. not just Jeha's but AN and YJ too. I just love these 3 , and the side characters too. ha! . I dont care much about Jang Se joon, he is the only character I feel a disconnection with.. 

Guest julie721

You guys have no chills.. I'm behinds, like 10 pages???? 

AddEmoticons12638.gif

Mind you, I haven't watch RAW or subs.. I can't even download my episode.

just want to address you all about heated discussion SJ slap YJ. I told you, I haven't watch the drama and I might change my opinion later.. But I just want to voice my opinion about how we always address ourselves as women. We complain and demand about gender equity, but most of the times we ourselves applying double standard and view our sex as victim. If you want to be respected and treated equal, show the same level of respect to the other party first, regardless the gender. We live in male world yes, then accept the reality and stop whining. In order to be survive or even make changes, we have to adapt. We always complaining husband/BF/male abuse female, because they're stronger physically.. They shouldn't use physical power to torture women. While I'm very much agree with this, I want to make it not only apply to male-female only, but also to female-male, female-female, male-male, basically just a person to person. Basically no bullying and physical attacks to just everybody. That if you want to be treated EQUALLY. Don't just take one sample, and only emphasis on it because THAT IS WHAT BENEFITTING us. You demand equity but are even ready to act as equals? 

Yes yes I know, there are a lot of women are victims of abusive relationship. But doesn't mean there aren't victim from male sides too. Maybe they are more than meet the eyes, because men usually don't speak more open if they are the victims. They have they pride as man. If you look and study more closely, for many of these victims, the starts of their abusive relationship are commonly from mental abuse first, then may or may not lead to physical abuse. The abuser knows really well in order to make a person submit and not able to get out of situation they have to attack mental first. Physical wound can be easily healed, but mental wound? And we, woman, are very capable of doing that. But we so are so uninterested in addressing this, or point finger to ourselves. Why? Many times when we make some mistakes or do something wrong, instead to man up and admit it, we search for reasons to validate and make right our bad deed. We used "victim" card here. Male and female, each have their own advantages and disadvantages. They have more strength and sordid physical, but women have intuition and brain. You want equity? Instead of complaining and protesting, change your way of thinking. Action speaks louder than talk, although talk can also bring result, but it's pale if compared to what action brings. Start with yourself, respect yourself more, stop making excuses, stop pity yourself, be the leader and inspiration to people around you by being good role model. Educate yourself. You are mother/sister/daughter? then start with it. Offer your hands, your ears, you time, support, encouragement or just anything you can sincerely give to those in need. Stop seeing male as opposition, see and respect them as your partner. You need each other. I am rambling too much, aren't I? Hahahahaha..  

Anchorman-2-The-Legend-Continue-Ron-Burg

So that I won't be to much OT, back to the drama, we used bad childhood experiences, people treated YJ unfair blablabla yaddayadda.. Again using "playing victim" scenario here. YJ is CAPABLE enough to do things that even male can't do. She's in a way superior to most of male characters in drama. Don't get me wrong I hate that scene, but I see it not as male slap female, but two very bad people having a fight. He slap her (physical) she attack back with vicious words. They are the same. It would be better if YJ slap SJ back.

See you dear, I'm sad that maybe in two days ahead it will be difficult for me to join the fun.. And I so so so want to watch last night and tonight episodes. I can't yet.. :bawling: And Sepang and MotorGP is awaiting me.. Meh.. Dear Hubby you're so gonna pay for this.. Hahahaha new bag? Shoes? Hahahahaha til then. Love y'all..

Archived