[Drama 2016] Drinking Solo 혼술남녀

Go Seung Ji

I came here as a SHINEE's fan to watch Key's acting debut :3 His santoori is cute, reminded me the times when he was talking with his grandma. Ha Suk Jin is a familiar face and I've seen him a several dramas (loll I think he did a drama every year:P). The casts are all familiar to me and the drama seems fun, instead of eating it's drinking this time :w00t:

Thank you @Go Seung Ji for your updates & everyone joining the thread :wub: I'll support Key with some gifs :wub:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Credit thanks to  shineetho !

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally broke my principles (of binge watching) and watched the first two episodes of this drama:P. In the 1st episode, we've pretty much understood Park Ha Na's dilemma and her character, but we were not told about Jin Sang's back story. I'm glad they did it pretty soon in the second episode, otherwise it would be harder for us to comprehend his arrogant antics. Now that we know it, we would appreciate more of his "arrogance" and his misunderstanding towards Park Ha Na.

I like both Ha Seok Jin and Park Ha Sun individually and hope this drama will be their chance to shine as actors. I've watched Gong Myung in Entertainer and liked his character there. I think he would be great as Jin Sang's brother. If his character turned out to be charming and over sweet, I wont be surprised if some of us get SLS :wub:

Can't wait for more Jin Sang's misunderstanding in the next episode! And of course the best moment for this type of drama is when the male lead starts realizing that he keeps falling for the girl despite his previous impression of her

14 hours ago, _Nachan07 said:

I came here as a SHINEE's fan to watch Key's acting debut :3 His santoori is cute, reminded me the times when he was talking with his grandma. Ha Suk Jin is a familiar face and I've seen him a several dramas (loll I think he did a drama every year:P). The casts are all familiar to me and the drama seems fun, instead of eating it's drinking this time :w00t:

Thank you @Go Seung Ji for your updates & everyone joining the thread :wub: I'll support Key with some gifs :wub:

Hide contents

Credit thanks to  shineetho !

Nice to meet you, I'm a SHINee fan too. Yes, I came here for Key too. And so far, his satoori is blowing me off. You cannot tell that this kibum is they fashionista Key we know.

1e29ab9aee6f8fb148523306b7e0e3fc.jpg

5 hours ago, heartoppaya said:

Nice to meet you, I'm a SHINee fan too. Yes, I came here for Key too. And so far, his satoori is blowing me off. You cannot tell that this kibum is they fashionista Key we know.

Helloooo nice to meet you too :wub: And ahahahahah I agree, I totally forgot it's SHINee Key when watching Drinking Solo, which I think is a good thing isn't it? His image is different :flushed: He's not the fashionista I know anymore but that that that mushroom head still suits him :flushed:

It was so refreshing for me to delve into this drama with no familiar faces, reminded me of my newbie year in Kdrama watching, when the actors were perfectly unknown to me. I don't know the 2 leads of this drama, but I loved the Let's Eat series so I decided to give it a try. So far so good, I'm loving the leads and the supporting cast, hoping it gets even better. I usually binge watch the dramas after they finished airing, but I was too curious about this one. I read that it has great ratings too, all the best for the remaining episodes.

On 13/09/2016 at 2:44 PM, AyaA said:

i wil continue watch this drama for Min Jin Woong cosplay. 

haha and so you should! :) I hope he does it every episode - but at the same time I wonder if it's he's also his weakness (feeling that he needs to be a different character in order attract students), that's if they go with his character development. I also wonder what his after work life is like since it's been revealed that he always leaves work on certain times to stop his wife (that's if it's true) from getting angry. 

Finished watching Age of Youth, and was after a good drama that's got a 'slice of life' feel to it - so far so good :) 

Hi 

I got interested into this drama when I heard that Ha Suk Jin will be in it. I've missed him, it's been a while since D-Day ended. His other drama is starting next month, so I'm even more happy. (Are there still no subs for 'After the Show Ends'?)

I am fan of SHINee. I couldn't recognize Key at first in the drama... haha and his 'tirori' thing is so funny. (Minho is making an appearance next week. Yas <3 )

Just, I think there were too many misunderstandings in the first two episodes. I'm glad they sorted out everything this week... but still, those two... haha HaNa is funny and really good-hearted character. Cant wait for romance but then again I hope they don't rush it. I see Jin Sung falling for HaNa first. lol JS's brother Gong Myung will join in fighting for HaNa's heart too. I don't know if that's okay because she's his teacher but this is not HS so I'm guessing it's different or?? Still I hope they don't go into too dramatic territory and you know what, I'm missing a 'mystery' that Let's Eat series had.

Now, my favorite character, Min Jin Woong ahhh His impersonations are so on point. Especially 'DOTS' and 'Signal' ones. I am always wondering what's next. <3 I want a separate show for him. XD

At first I didn't expect much from reading the synopsis. But after watching the first episode , tirorirori, I found myself marathoning until the 3th and even watched the 4 without sub. The drama is so refreshing and funny. So happy that I gave it a try :wub:

This drama has been such a breath of fresh air, blowing away all my previous reservations with its setup and unexpected heart interwoven with quirkiness and humour. I was initially not particularly thrilled going in, thinking that PHN's character would be yet another pushover. However, the show has proven me wrong as I cheered her on as much as I ache each time she poured out her sorrows to her phone, having no one else to confide in. Uri No Geu Rae reminds me in a small way of her namesake Misaeng's Jang Geu Rae in his early days with One International - in the isolation she kept to herself and the hardships she faced. And like him, she took all the knocks, internalised it and bounced right back, ready to face another day. 

JJS was another one I did not expect to like, as I am usually unimpressed with the arrogant jerk characters so rife in kdramaland. However, he has the perfect balance of arrogance and eccentricities that had me chuckling and cheering each time he loses his composure, particularly when his precious Drinking Solo moments are rudely gatecrashed :D With the gradual thawing of his attitude towards PHN and that hilarious last scene of Ep4, I am really looking forward to their dynamics in the upcoming episodes.

Even more easter eggs in the form of shoutouts to dramas that I love - Signal (MJW's impersonation with the iconic walkie-talkie, Detective Kim who has now been promoted to Director Kim :D), Misaeng (the NGR vs JGR references, the rooftop conversations, even the introduction scene with skyscrapers amid the night sky) - thank you tvN! Am really anticipating what other easter eggs we will see... be it from MJW's impersonations (his take on YAI from Veteran was hysterical!) or other references. Perhaps AOHY is next? :P

Archived