[Drama 2016] Drinking Solo 혼술남녀

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, hello~ I come across this drama because I was bored, but it's surprisingly good! I can relate to all the characters and understood why they all drinking solo at the end. At first, I hate 'High Quality Trash' Jin Sang, but after seeing what causing him to hate people so much, I kiiinda understand why he acted like he did...although I still feel it's too comical sometimes, like, is it possible to be this hateful of a person?? And also, Soo Jeo the rich kid is an interesting character...sarcastic but also caring to his friends, ahahaha...loving all 'Tiroriii~' he always do too!

Listening to the OST Part 1 "Could I Leave" right now - thank you @0ly40 for sharing it. Such a beautiful piece... poignant and aching... reminiscent of the isolation, imposed or otherwise, our characters go through. This show has become one of the hidden gems that I am so glad I stumbled upon out of my love for PHS. Love it. 

Hi everyone finally got a chance to catch up on all 4 episodes and it's hysterical love it.. I'm looking forward to trash Jin to grow feelings for the people pleasing teacher both brothers liking the same girl, But I give younger brother a lot of credit he don't beat around the bush like big brother will do.. 

25 minutes ago, papermall said:

I really want to know where he got that breathalyzer, I want it. lol.:D

@papermall  Awe Looking for one for yourself LOL no just kidding I know here in Nevada They sale them in the pharmacies maybe you could go online and find them also how accurate they are don't have a clue not a drinker..

I noticed the editing in this drama is terrible was it done by a rookie.. 

Episode 6. 

JY gets more frustrated that her boyfriend isn't making any commitment (we have yet to see him). In this episode I'm starting to warm up to her since I really disliked her personality when it came to her friendship with HN. At times she would be a good friend, and once she feels threatened resorts to her tactics. 

JW wife is actually his dog, and he lives in an apartment on his own. He might be separated or his used to be married we're not too sure, but there's a lot that we don't know and also why he loves to impersonate so much. 

HN faints after he gets an allergic reaction from JW giving her herbal medicine. HN decides to not tell this to her co-workers and it causes everyone to misunderstand her.  I'm hoping with the confidence boost from both GM and JS, we get to see her gain some courage. Rather than her to be a complete 360, I just hope she gets rid of that habit of hiding the truth and just being honest with herself. 

I love that JS is starting to become attracted to HN. By the previews it looks like he'll misunderstand her again by thinking she has a boyfriend - when it's actually just Siri lol. 

As for the students I still don't have that much attachment to the students, and I think it's because aside from GM falling for HN - They are really putting a wall between the two groups. I'd like to see the teachers aside from HN show some sign of connection between them and the students in future episodes. I have yet to warm up to the students since they still seem so 2D, not sure if it's the acting or the writing. 

I think after watching Age of Youth and Signal my standards for dramas have gone off the roof haha. 

This drama is pretty realistic. My heart hurts on Chaeyeon and Kibum scene at the rooftoop, I felt what Chaeyeon said that when you haven't passed the exam, everything you do feels like a crime, like, "I don't deserve this." . I'm also feeling sorry for Kibum, but I hope with his grandma's words on his mind, he would matured and study hard for the exam.

The male teacher's twist though...I thought he has a strict wife or a sick wife or something, but in reality he's single...and his 'wife' is a dog. Wow...from the messy home, I don't know why, I kinda suspect that maybe he's divorced though...

Also,Park Hana and the Jin brothers love line is getting interesting~~~ although Jin Sang still doesn't know his feelings towards her, he is indeed a tsundere, hahahahaa...tsundere Jin Sang and straightforward Pae Ki, I wonder who would Hana choose in the end, hehehe...

Even though Ki Bum is annoying at times, especially how he wastes so much time eating and drinking, instead of studying, I actually live for his little, "Dee Doo Dee" that he always does when he gets an idea about something. It is just so funny.

Also, I really like MG's crush on Ha Na. You can tell he genuinely likes everything about her. I haven't watched all of episode 6, but I diagnosed the male teacher around the third episode. People who always take on other identities are usually covering up some type of pain or trauma. So, I am not the least bit shocked that he is no longer married. I actually worked with someone like this. He and his wife divorced and his wife even took the kids and moved to another state, but he acted like he had to rush home to them everyday. It was quite sad. People do what they have to in order to function through pain, so I do not judge.

As for Jin Sang, even though he can be quite mean, I actually agree with his views on drinking. I see nothing wrong with him wanting that to be a part of his "me time". And considering the drinking culture in Korea is filled with so much peer pressure to basically get drunk, I further support his drinking alone. Although it is cute that he is starting to like Ha Na and just doesn't realize it, I think he is quite good for her. She is a people pleaser, and this often gets her in bad situations. I like how he doesn't care and ends up saving her in these situations. For example, at the photo shoot. Her friend was being ridiculous, starting with that Rainbow Brite bow she was rocking. No 30 year-old she wear her hair like that while trying to sell their skills to potential students. For both of them to have gone to the salon, Ha Na was the only one who looked like she got her hair done.

Speaking of which, the other female teacher hasn't completely grown on me yet. She has the ability to be nice, but she is such a drama queen and a princess. As soon as something does not go her way, she completely has a meltdown. Plus, I think she needs to come to terms with the fact that her boyfriend is a LOSER. Her not getting pregnant was a blessing in disguise.

JS being jealous in ep. 7. He was SOOOO cute. :lol:

Spoiler

Ending of ep. 7 was such a nice surprise... I didn't know that kiss can happen like that. lol It's a drama after all, so I really dare not to protest. :wub:

DS_zpselyddug2.png

GM and KM trying to study... guys, STOP IT! It's too funny, but it really shouldn't be. rofl

This is such a a nice drama and easy to watch. Something to enjoy after a hard day, relax and smile while watching. I'm enjoying it very much. :heart:

On 26/09/2016 at 2:29 AM, Lawyerh said:

The drama seems not so popular outside Korea, but i enjoy the story, i can relate very well with eat alone.. But most people always need friend to eat and give funny look if you dont mingle with others... So, Jin Sang character is so understandable for me.

But i think slowly he will soon add Ha Na.. He seems dissapointed his Insta dont get a comment Lol.. I hope he will be more proactive or dongsaeng could bypass him... I cant wait when Jins bro realize they both fall to same girl...

The ratings will go up for sure especially since we saw the "sitting on shoulders kiss" :) and their funny as online show for students lol! Also it's airing time is different to the Moonlight & Moon Lover's drama (airs at 10pm, DS airs at 11pm), so that's a good advantage. 

I adore this show and love dramas that are relatable. I've been watching the moonlight dramas for some time but decided to put those on hold this week (or might drop it entirely and read recaps), I think watching 2 sageuks dramas at one time bored me out. I'm watching DS, SKL, K2 and CA4K, so I think that's my weekly max haha. 

I'd love to see the teachers and students interact with each other very soon, since it won't be too long until GM's friends realise JS is his brother. If they somehow incorporate JS and HN into their lives, I think we might be seeing 3 successful graduates (or to be realistic 1 or 2 passing but the other finding that motivation to work hard for something).  Also I'm glad they are adding mysteries to the show like the original: Who JW is visiting to the hospital, the appearance of JY's boyfriend, the stalker taking pictures of CY. 

TIRORIIII...last night's episode was one of the best so far....prof jin is so cute...and oh my oh my gong myung's abssss is soo hot!! i love how prof jin is so cool fulfilling all of the requests..including park ha na's wish to take the picture like that kid *although she didn't actually asked for it* but prof jin was so sweeeet...what's gotten into him?? haha i'm actually surprised that this forum is not as active as the others...this drama is so fun to watch...just light and easy..definitely a stress reliever :lol: i look forward to this drama every week :wub: can't wait tonight's episode :D

Archived