[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

1 hour ago, Alice Mendoza said:

Hmmm - I don't think SC will get 'trapped' in an aquarium like that so easily - unless she was drugged or HER memories get erased?? She may need to go back to the ocean ... I don't have a good feeling about the ending (especially after reading the translation about HJJ telling her he will still love her, even if he's not by her side ...) - maybe, just Maybe ... they would die and be reincarnated again ... and they meet again ...

I believe there will be some kind of separation. Whether it be by reincarnation or by the evil people, have a feeling they will meet again at Hercules. I hope with their memories in tack. I can't be happy with an open ending or sad one. Please don't ruin the show by with a horrible ending. I want them to go on and be married with kids. :rolleyes: Dirty Love

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Junjae and Dad scene hit the highest rating 25.4%

In the drama special 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' of SBS, Lee Min-ho's Oh Yeon was the best one minute.

Spoiler

'Legend of the Blue Sea' On January 12, the 17th broadcast began with Shim Cheong (현현현현)................................................................................................................ So Simhong became sick of his heart and erased his memory.

Meanwhile. Junja told me to leave home with the words to believe in him toward his father (Jae Woo Choi), but when his father did not move, he became sick and came out of his house alone. When he returned home, he found that Simchung had to "come here" and "leave" with the story of Daeyoung.

After that, Junjae heard the conspiracy of Seo Hee (Hwang Shin-hye) through the tapping that he secretly hidden in his father's house. At that time, he missed the urgent call of Father Hur, and found a late voice message and rushed home.

However, it was already late, and he confirmed that Mr. Huh's statement "I love Jun Jae" means that he has a bad feeling. At that time, the highest audience rating was 25.4%, followed by kneeling down and tearing down thick tears to complete the best one minute.

In addition, Nielsen's standard ratings in the metropolitan area stood at 23.0% (nationwide, 20.9%), maintaining its top spot for 17 consecutive times, and the main indicator of advertising stakeholders, 2049, was 11.6% .

In the case of market share, 60% of male viewers and 30% of men in their forties accounted for 30%, 61% and 40% of male viewers, 71% of female viewers and 62% of 40 viewers, I have passed.

SBS drama official said, "In the 17th episode, Shim Chung's change of mind that made her know the sad story of her past life, and the appearance of Jaejae, who lost her father in the midst of her overtaking her, "As a result, interest in the remaining broadcasts has increased, and I would like to see how Simchung and JoJae will be released and how their romance will be watched with interest."

Spoiler

Meanwhile, 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' is a fantasy romance drama where the last mermaid on earth just before extinction meets the genius scammers of the city and enjoys laughter and fun through unpredictable events that occur in the land life. It gives a new experience to viewers by spreading stories of past and present. It is broadcasted on SBS-TV at 10 pm every Wednesday and Thursday nights. Subsequently, starting on Thursday, January 26, 'Sai-dang, a diary of light' starring Lee Young-ae and Song Seung-hun will be broadcast.

Credit: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003037859&lfrom=twitter

• Like 12

“The Legend Of The Blue Sea” Breaks Through Impressive 20 Percent Ratings Mark

C2BNogoUUAAAfTI.jpg

“The Legend of the Blue Sea” has hit the prestigious 20 percent viewership ratings mark!

On January 13, ratings research company Nielsen Korea revealed ratings for dramas and shows that aired on January 12. SBS’s “The Legend of the Blue Sea” recorded 20.8 percent ratings nationwide with its 17th episode.

Prior to their latest episode, the drama was 1.9 percent shy of the impressive 20 percent mark. Furthermore, the ratings for “The Legend of the Blue Sea” towers over competitors’ ratings. KBS’s “Naked Fireman” got 4.1 percent ratings while a pre-broadcast episode for MBC’s “Missing 9” received 2.7 percent ratings respectively.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/12/legend-blue-sea-breaks-impressive-20-percent-ratings-mark/

• Like 16

I don't understand why some of the sypnosis for this drama has it that Shim Cheong is the last mermaid on Earth and is feared extinction.  

There were many scenes that showed she had friends in the sea and she even waved bye to them.

• Like 6

i just started to watch with eng sub, but why i keep seeing Namdo in blur video of the killer? Lol..

I doubt if CH was the killer, for some reason he just have big jealousy toward Jun Jae, especially he want Junjae dad knowledge him as JunJae dad real son.but now JunJae dad was died? Does he have any reason to Kill JunJae?

for chungs, CH liking her as friend. There is no reason for CH to kill JunJae because of Chungs..

but namdo?i notice Writer keep drag his character to be the real killer.. our last hope only driver ahjusshi who has been coma for awhile to wake up, and telling the truth to JunJae. . I just curious why money is everything to him? To make him need to kill JunJae and Chungs (his own family) in present time?

anyway we have two unexpected killer right now, we dont know for sure which one is the one who stab our OTP in the end?

btw, the song simchung listening sound so good.. "by even saying i love doesnt become comforting, i'm falling into a deep darkness, by even saying i love...."

@linh5000 i guess you need to rewatch episode 1, when Krystal cameo told old story about last mermaid on earth was living in blue sea or something.. krystal said "they said that mermaids still live in this waters" 

writer doesnt change history, or something that wasnt makes sense, since writer already explain it on first episode. Synopsis can be interpret in many ways. Especially sometimes english translator not really accurate to makes translation korean into english. 

About feared of extinction, it was just words to describe the sea krystal explain was the only one place for mermaids who still alive, because that place was the only place on earth where mermaids still living.. 

this question was already have an answer from first ep, it should not be questionable right now. 

• Like 16

The Article says that Hoe Jun Jae's crying scene had 25.4% rating. Below are some of the roughly translated comments.  @leeminhosny @Chellsee @CarolynH @mythicalove @minekas 

"Lee Min-ho, the details of his acting, so emotions ㅠㅠ get sucked in deeper feeling."

"Even if you look at the pictures, let the sad Junja walk the flowers."

" Lee Min Ho really did look good, I see it hurts  more pain"

" Lee Min Ho Roco melo sobbing scene is the hit to good acting is so good."

"The picture  reminds me of my tears again and it ㅠㅠ

" Lee Min Ho was the best actor"

" I see ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ. my heart is sick."

" Lee Min Ho was real smoke did yesterday, well. The tears, in particular, cried as ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ.

" Lee Min-ho, a man of talent seems to be ㅠㅠ father cried as I'm sorry ㅠㅠ Why actor Lee Min-ho am crying is also so good with ㅠㅠㅠㅠ and tears whenever I see."

" It was the best scenes ... of course"

" Cries, Lee Min Ho wept together ㅠㅠㅠㅠ.

" I was crying with my father,"

" The moment my heart collapsed. Heojunjae was so crying and sobbibg. It has been like without, already hold and whether anything it is also my mind away. Go for it, heojunjae! !! Great hit countries would hit the jackpot! Go for it,!!!"

" Collaboration a wonderful performance genre of the smoke of smoke Lee Min Ho' eyes."

" Ending yesterday hit And the next week that can not be security deployment, the best. Don't cry heojunjae ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ so sad that it can only see three times now."

" A brilliant man, crying and I cried too"

" Lee Min Ho's yesterday's sobs are the best."

" A man of talent just too good ㅜㅜ, but also so good. The empathy and the entire time crying"

" I was so hurt by the scene that my breasts became really tense."

" A scene that was so sad and I just burst into tears as ㅠㅠ my mind like junjae"

" Believe, too It really was sad to cry like a baby is a smoke # LeeMinHo # heojunjae

" Lee yesterday, acting is so sad or ㅠㅠ My heart is still a lot of pain."

Credit: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003037859&lfrom=twitter

• Like 16

3 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Correction, there's only 3 more episodes left. Writing that out makes me so depressed :bawling: I am going to miss them so much! 

Oh right! 3 more episodes left. Thanks for the correction. I just don't want this drama to end :cold_sweat:

• Like 8

@leeminhosny:  It drives me crazy to see LMH cry.  I automatically know I will cry too.  Every single drama or movie when he cries, I'm reaching for Kleenex.

One of my predictions is wrong.  I thought SC would bring the original family together.  I guess that would be a bit unrealistic considering the baggage between father and son.  HJJ has had so much sadness in his life, and his past life, he deserves a happy ending. 

• Like 11

Anneyong chingus. 

Busy lately but watched epi17th live,missed starting 30mins though. Gosh the last scene ut broke my heart. I dnt feel sad fr that father but u feel sad because HJJ is bad & heartbroken. I was so so upset last night. :( and dies Nam Do remember that SC is mermaid? He gave some creepy looks to SC. This is gonna be big twist Nam do being the main villian but i dnt want that. I mean i just love con trio, why cant they live like one happy family :( Whatever Nam do was in past, i hope in present he wont let his greed take over his affection for HJJ. I believe he truly cares fr HJJ *fingers crossed*  please like everyone else here evn i dnt want sad or open ending. I want Happy ending please. KDR & SH tragic ending was enough for me. I cant take JunChung sad heart, i dnt have the heart to see tragic ends. 

Is dad died for sure? Or that Chi Hyeon saved him? And faking his Dad's death?  I hope he isnt dead, just fr sake for HJJ i wnt some miracle and Happy family for HJJ. 

Wow Ratings increased yaaay this makes me so damn happy. Need to watch the epi with subs. And only 3 epis left this makes me even more sadder.

• Like 8

Sigh ... I don't know whether I should carry on watching this drama, my first KDrama - I thought I was watching a Romantic Comedy ... Sigh ... I am so depressed that I got reeled in like a stupid fish, and I fell for it hook, line and sinker ...

I have a very bad feeling that it will have an open ending ... because HJJ gave SC SHOES for her birthday... bad omen - I think SC will erase all his memories again to save HJJ ...

If I continue watching, I will be running the risk of destroying my iPad (like most of my friends did when they watched Scarlet Heart Ryeo - I still haven't picked up the courage to watch that ...)

Maybe I will continue after everything is over ... then again if this sort of family melodrama translates into high ratings, I am very happy for LMH & JJH - they're totally DAEBAK actors! Plus the other actors - Lee Chi Hoon, Song Il Do & the little girl who played Yoona especially! DAEBAK!

• Like 6

Legend of the Blue Sea: Episode 17

by javabeans | January 12, 2017 | No Comments
bluesea17-00372a.jpg
Today is packed with revelations, confessions, and bends in the road, which makes it fitting for being the first episode to finally break that 20% ratings barrier (20.8% was the number). Of course, I’m sure the lack of competition had a part in it (its MBC and KBS rivals aired their finales yesterday), but hey, let’s not look a gift ratings horse in the mouth.

Chung grabs Dae-young’s hand in preparation to wipe his memory, and is flooded with memories from his life, both past and present. She sees how Dam-ryung died in the sea to save Se-hwa, and realizes that Joon-jae lied about their happy ending.

Devastated, she lets go of Dae-young’s hand, and he looks around in surprise, asking who she is and where they are. He looks genuinely confused when she calls him a killer and says that she heard the screams of his victims. He asks who he supposedly killed, while images of his victims flit through his mind.

[READ MORE - DRAMABEANS]

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Alice Mendoza said:

Sigh ... I don't know whether I should carry on watching this drama, my first KDrama - I thought I was watching a Romantic Comedy ... Sigh ... I am so depressed that I got reeled in like a stupid fish, and I fell for it hook, line and sinker ...

I have a very bad feeling that it will have an open ending ... because HJJ gave SC SHOES for her birthday... bad omen - I think SC will erase all his memories again to save HJJ ...

If I continue watching, I will be running the risk of destroying my iPad (like most of my friends did when they watched Scarlet Heart Ryeo - I still haven't picked up the courage to watch that ...)

Maybe I will continue after everything is over ... then again if this sort of family melodrama translates into high ratings, I am very happy for LMH & JJH - they're totally DAEBAK actors! Plus the other actors - Lee Chi Hoon, Song Il Do & the little girl who played Yoona especially! DAEBAK!

Yeah, this drama is turned out to be wayyy more emotional than I thought. DO NOT watch Scarlet Heart Ryeo- you will be sad and frustrated. 

How about watching My Love From Another Star? JJH is freaking amazing in it. 

• Like 7