[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

@gentlelily12 - Hmmm, I don't think JJH purposely restrained herself - in that scene she is SC and she's being kissed and being 'captured' in love by the person whom she loves the most and who loves her the most! Notice how HJJ is embracing her VERY TIGHTLY and there's no escape for SC (NOT that she wants to escape!) AND the way HJJ (Please put LMH and JJH the actors AWAY - in this scene, they are HJJ and SC!!) is kissing SC - he's showing that he is really INTO her and wants to be IN her and be of ONE with her, the one he loves the most, the one who loves him the most - the one whom he loves across as many lifetimes as it takes ... ditto SC ... 

Plus, as @mythicalove observed, JJH was closing her mouth - so it's like she was going to suck on LMH's tongue. (AAARGH - it's NOT JJH - it's SC and she's preparing to receive the physical 'DIRTY' manifestation of the one she loves the most and across lifetimes too...)

OH MY LAWD - Sorry, I am rambling on and on about THE KISS becaus I am so obsessed with it - and I can't quite understand why, because I have seen ... er ... far more explicit stuff outside of KDramas!!! It could be because this story is just so very magical and touching at all levels ... yes, even the DIRTY Love level!

And Writer Nim & PD probably nodded to KDrama conservatism because HJJ and SC were doing the Dirty Love after they're married - so it's absolutely natural and 'morally' right that a Husband and Wife are preparing to be of ONE body! 

It would have been more risqué if they were shown doing the Dirty Love before they got married but I am pretty sure they were already doing the Dirty Love - perhaps even on the first night when they were reunited in SC's attic bedroom! 

I need some help with understanding what SC told Homeless Fashionista about Dirty Love because it's kind of lost in translation for me - was SC saying that Dirty Love depends on the man??? Help, Chingus! @mythicalove @stroppyse @Hunter White - and whoever can help or who understands Korean! Thanks!

• Like 7

@minekas I love everything on PT. Everything! ,I feel giddy watching him there. And LOTBS bring back that giddy feeling. I guess only Noonas who can balanced his kissing skill :rolleyes:

Heo JoonJae just a rare male species. Being a good looking con artist, he never take advantage on SimChung "physically". At first I feel PD didn't give a chance for MinHo to show his kissing skill, but later I realized, Heo JoonJae is a man with pride and respect. He's trying hard (REALLY hard :D) not to do something more than just a smooch and hug on the bed. And PD gave us a preview of dirty love after he showed us a wedding pict. I assumed the moral from the scene is, HeoJoonJae is keeping that 3rd level until he legally married with the lady he loves. Such a great man. And VERY RARE male species today. I love you JoonJae. I wish more JoonJae exist in this world.

• Like 9

Guest Moonrain
5 hours ago, Alice Mendoza said:

@gentlelily12 - Hmmm, I don't think JJH purposely restrained herself - in that scene she is SC and she's being kissed and being 'captured' in love by the person whom she loves the most and who loves her the most!

Plus, as @mythicalove observed, JJH was closing her mouth - so it's like she was going to suck on LMH's tongue.

thats a natural reaction when your partner sticks his/her tongue out, you go and suck, which Chung totally did. I dont think that's JJH restraining herself, they both acted naturally and wonderfully i might add. 

By the way, the kiss scene has been viewed on Naver over 500k times lol looks like were not the only ones who cant get over that kiss haha

shucks! my comment is at the top of the page, should i post the kiss scene here? lol

26xBEH0gHwW94Yzfi.gif&key=331177fa21a822

Edited by Moonrain
re-posted the dae to the bak kiss scene

20 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

@minekas I love everything on PT. Everything! ,I feel giddy watching him there. And LOTBS bring back that giddy feeling. I guess only Noonas who can balanced his kissing skill :rolleyes:

Heo JoonJae just a rare male species. Being a good looking con artist, he never take advantage on SimChung "physically". At first I feel PD didn't give a chance for MinHo to show his kissing skill, but later I realized, Heo JoonJae is a man with pride and respect. He's trying hard (REALLY hard :D) not to do something more than just a smooch and hug on the bed. And PD gave us a preview of dirty love after he showed us a wedding pict. I assumed the moral from the scene is, HeoJoonJae is keeping that 3rd level until he legally married with the lady he loves. Such a great man. And VERY RARE male species today. I love you JoonJae. I wish more JoonJae exist in this world.

I agree. Joon Jae said that he hates people without manners. He is indeed one of a kind male specie. He treats women with utmost respect.

• Like 11

Im going crazy over kiss scene. Like a pervert watching it over and over. 

In PT game over and Last bed scene is most fav. Oh wait that hair dryer scene where he places his hand on her back neck even that was daebak i loved skinship in that show. Haha. 

Oppa does amazing skinship haha and oh wait i loved that bathroom scene where she lose her eyelens. Omg i remember almost every scene of that show. And regarding kisses in heirs, i felt oppa did a good job but PSH(eun tak? Is that her char name? I forgot pardon) didnt respond bck very well. Thats are my thoughts.

• Like 10

Ok so I watched 20 episodes in 3 days, during a work week of 12 hrs a day work. INSANE.  That's how much I liked the drama.  It had an easy flow to it, so naturally acted.   

Did anyone else notice how gentle HJJ hugged SC every single time.   

• Like 14

Hi LOTBS fans, 

So I had to pop up just to say, how awesome is the ending. 

This the best Kdrama ending I can remember. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I shudder, just trying to remember all the drama I loved only for the writing to ruin it @ the last episode and making it unwatchable. 

Also, I have a few Questions. Not sure if it was addressed here. 

1st Q How did she pay for the clothes?

Also it was hilarious how scared the poor delivery man was? 

JJH said that he spent the 2nd year searching for "Her" sea. 

Q2 How would he know which sea was she in? 

And I missed TH in the last reunion? :(

And is not weird to just show up infornt if ppl who have no recollection of you! Also it turned out just fine.
But would not the normal way with the most chances of success is to create a chance and  introduce yourself like it was the 1st time.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Lol. You and I had total opposite inital reactions towards the ending. The first time I watched it, I knew I loved it. The second time I watched it, I found more things to love about it. And the third time I watched it, I couldn't help but feel that this ending will set the bars for all endings from now on. 

I was back and fourth on whether I agreed with her erasing his memories. It wasn't until I watched it with subtitles that it changed my mind completely. I saw how pitiful HJJ was, crying out to her when he was drunk and traveling to the sea every now and then during sunrise and sunset in hopes to find a sea where she may be, I cried a lot during these scenes. I didn't mean to but seeing HJJ cry recklessly, saying he misses her desparately, broke my heart and inevitably, I cried with him. How lonely he must have felt without her. In a world that no one knew and existed, he rememebered her and continued to love her. He was pitiful and it quite obvious that he would wait until the end of time for her. That was when I realized that SC must have felt what I felt. I suddenly understood her intentions. In the end, erasing their memories did not put her relationship with anyone at stake. People remained the same and I am glad we were shown that she is on her way to winning their hearts back. 

I completely agree with you. I am happy that HJJ was angry at SC for doing that. While I understand SC, I understand HJJ as well. Again, I cried lots when told her about what he's been doing for 3 years. I cried like nobody's business. 

To answer your question, I understood it as it was way too complicated to try and explain so HJJ just lied. No one is ever going to believe him if he tells them about SC. They'll think he's crazy. 

@annie1234 As a LMH fan, I'd be the last to recommend Heirs. To see good kisses, you'd have to watch Personal Taste or City Hunter. You said you haven't watched his dramas so I would go with City Hunter.

I haven't yet watched the episode properly to be honest. Hahahs. I only had time to watch the last episode because it was airing on one TV Asia and even then, my entire mind was more focused on how I can't bear to let the show go. So to watch it properly in its entirety, I haven't yet done so. Hahahs. So in that sense, LOBTS is not over for me.

Another thing that I noticed is that it might also be the director idea. I heard from the Chinese Fans that the director might have requested for them to do a French kiss so usually the actors will just show the idea of their tongue touching the actress lips and retracting right back into their mouth. Means that tongue action might have been filmed on purpose which in this case, we should really love the director for it! LOL. Hahahahs. However, as much as I try to imagine them purposely acting this scene, it seems as though it's not so possible that it's just a touch and go cos the both of them closed their mouth together at the same time so it looks like JJH was closing on his tongue as well. Perhaps I feel that it's not possible for LMH and JJH to do a touch and go cos I believe for those actors who have to have a French kiss on the director's request, they prolly won't open their lips that wide, just a little bit to show the tongue moving towards the actress lips since its easier to control the tongue if the lips are opened smaller. But for the both of them, they were very natural, while kissing, they were actually really opening their lips, so to do a touch and go seems more hard since his tongue was really into her lips considering how wide JJH opened her lips as well. 

Hahahs.  Such a vivid description right here.  I think our thread has to be rates 18+ alr. LOL. This is what the tongue has done to us. 

And yes, I agree that LMH seems to do better kissing scenes when acting with noonas! They help to balance him out better I think. I watched heirs and honestly, even though it was quite a kiss, it feels as though he's all over the place. And he's the only one doing the job. But, compared between SYJ and JJH, I prefer JJH cos maybe she herself as an actress also does kissing scenes better too? I'm not too sure though cos I dun watched all of their works. 

Oh,  and another thing I noticed is that JJ seems to be more possessive with SC during their kissing scenes. Apart from the ladder kiss, and the kiss on the bed while sitting after JJ told SC about his dad, and the kiss by the pool, realised that as long as they were in bed lying down,  SC is always in his embrace. Remember that peck in bed after they kissed at the ladder and the last kiss in bed before they do their dirty love, both times, SC was thoroughly owned by JJ. I think it was done on purpose by LMH cos of JJ character. It makes alot of sense actually, on hindsight. Their French kiss scene, JJ was totally owning her and telling the whole world, aka us that SC is his with his lock down on her.

Gosh, I can just ramble on and on about their kissing scenes and their body language man!

*runs away now* 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Moonrain said:

I need to stop replaying the kiss, i cant stop thinking about it and when i remember the tongue action i mutter oh my god unconsciously even when were at the dining table, my hubby thinks im crazy. I cant i dont want to watch it anymore :confounded:

Hi lobsters!

@Moonrain: lol I can picture your hubby's reaction. YOU know you are going to watch the kiss over and over.  Other than wanting to be Jjh, can you imagine the camera person having to capture the kiss?  I'm sure my mouth would be in a perfect "o" shape. :D

• Like 8

3 hours ago, nabuta2 said:

Ok so I watched 20 episodes in 3 days, during a work week of 12 hrs a day work. INSANE.  That's how much I liked the drama.  It had an easy flow to it, so naturally acted.   

Did anyone else notice how gentle HJJ hugged SC every single time.   

Hello, welcome to the thread! I envy you who mararhoned it without having to wait week after week. It was stressful here waiting each week lol. 

I NOTICED! I NOTICED! If there's any man in this world like HJJ (from head to toe, LMH), I am the first in line to marry him. I'm asking for too much, aren't i? Lol. 

---------------

@babyval22 oh good god, your deep deep deep analysis of the kiss is on point. Hahahaha. 

To be completely honest, I haven't watched it properly either. I purposely didn't pay much attention to subtitles because I'm not quite ready to let go. Usually, when I watch and read the subtitles, if I happen to miss a line of what they're saying, I would rewind and make sure I know what they're saying. This time, I did not do that. 

That being said, I'm going to be completely honest and raw here, I was so depressed to the point where I skipped out on work because I couldn't and didn't want to get up. I know it sounds dramatic and irresponsible but it's true. Luckily, my work place is very lenient as I usually just choose my own schedule anyway.  After I took the day off, I really thought to myself that I can't possibly continue to do this. So while I stayed home, I watched it with subtitles and told myself that after that, I'm letting go. After all, I'd have to actually finish it before letting go. Not watching it with subtitles was like holding onto something that already ended. The more I hold on, the more I don't want to move on. I cried and laughed a lot watching the last episode with subtitles. It was seriously a rollercoaster ride of emotions for me. After I finished it and allowed it to sink in, I felt a little better. I figure I have to watch it one more time, properly, before I can finally rest with ease. I'm dramatic, I know, but I can't even begin to explain what this drama has done to me. Over the course of this drama, it's become a natural habit for me to wake up early Wednesday and Thursday, to stay up late on Sunday for the previews, to see tons and tons of news articles about them, to see new BTS videos, and to see new stills. I had something I was always excited to wait on, and it became a habit of mine to expect it. Now, I have to break out of a habit I don't particularly want to. That's the hardest part about letting go. 

----------------

@minaboom_stv welcome to the thread. 

I have to agree with you. If think I've over-expressed myself on this thread about how much I loved the ending, down to every simple detail. I've said before and I say it again, it definitely sets the bar for endings from now on. 

I can't answer your first question because I thought the same thing too. Lol. I don't know how she paid for it. 

Your second question, I believe what he meant was that he spent 1 year trying to search for her. I don't think he is implying that he found the sea where she lived. 

--------------

@Visually-wandering naughty minds do really think alike. I had the same thought while replaying it 100+ times. Why did the editors mute them? Hahahaha. Omg, so perverted lol. 

--------------

4 hours ago, Alice Mendoza said:

@mythicalove - Hmmm ... so did SC went to erase Detective Hong's memories too?? Plus they were in the news, remember? The news report stated that HJJ's Girlfriend saved his life by taking the bullet for him?? 

What about the other police officers present - for instance Detective Hong's partner?? 

I think we can assume she made sure to erase everyone's memories before she left back to sea. About the news report, I can't let my mind ponder on that because I may find flaws in the script but I'll present a loop hole. As the whole event took place like that, who would wander to search back on such a tragic news report about themselves? I believe it's simply, they never went back to be reminded of such a horrible memory. I know I would not if I were them. 

Your question about the dirty love talk with homeless fashionista, I will have to watch it again too, as I didn't quite catch the subtitles. I want to watch it one more time with the feeling that I will have something new to look forward to, so I watched it lightly without paying full attention to the subtitles. Lol. I will answer you after I find out myself. 

--------------

@Chellsee I can't help but think that they are LMH and JJH in the gif you posted above. I saw their last BTS film and both could not stop laughing whenever they acted with each other. It makes me believe that's really LMH and JJH and not HJJ and SC. Lol. 

• Like 10

Please help me to get this couple and this drama out of my mind. I am supposed to work now, but I can't concentrate on work, keep thinking about them, watching their  last umbrella scene again (why everything looked so beautiful there),... how can I move on with my life ....poor me..

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, TrucB said:

Please help me to get this couple and this drama out of my mind. I am supposed to work now, but I can't concentrate on work, keep thinking about them, watching their  last umbrella scene again (why everything looked so beautiful there),... how can I move on with my life ....poor me..

I'm on the same boat. I need to move on but can't and won't. The withdrawl is real. 

• Like 5