[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

4 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

@bebebisous33  I'm really trying to understand ... what is JND's plan??  How does he benefit from harming HJJ or SC?

He wants to take SC for himself. Remember in an earlier episode, he imagined to organise a show in Las Vegas with SC as mermaid. Since she is a mermaid, she can be considered as an "animal" and has no human rights. She can be kept in captivity. She is not a human literally speaking. Or he wants to sell her to a zoo or a show, since the manager from the aquarium told him that the worth of a mermaid was huge: millions of dollars!! With her, he can get rich on his own.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

He wants to take SC for himself. Remember in an earlier episode, he imagined to organise a show in Las Vegas with SC as mermaid. Since she is a mermaid, she can be considered as an "animal" and has no human rights. She can be kept in captivity. She is not a human literally speaking. Or he wants to sell her to a zoo or a show, since the manager from the aquarium told him that the worth of a mermaid was huge: millions of dollars!! With her, he can get rich on his own.

But, how is that possible?  How would he, or anyone, make her do it?  He saw her high-kick the hospital dude.  He knows she is strong.  He could only do it with her willingness.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

But, how is that possible?  How would he, or anyone, make her do it?  He saw her high-kick the hospital dude.  He knows she is strong.  He could only do it with her willingness.

Yes, she is strong but he could drug her, just like MDY did once before. Remember that she had already been kidnapped before and she could not stop MDY. Then JND could threaten her to kill HJJ, if she doesn't obey him. JND shows her pictures of him with HJJ who has no idea and blackmail is a very strong point. SC loves HJJ and she would do anything for him! Moreover, JND could say that MDY has kidnapped her again... while everyone is after MDY, JND can hide her and try to sell her!

So another question? :grin:... LOL

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Praying hard that this lovely OTP will have a happy ending.

They endured a lot, it took more than 3 months for Sim Cheong to be with Joon Jae, please PD-nim and Writer-nim, hear us out!

Love what HJJ said here! It really shows how much he loves her eternally! 

8 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Episode 17 seems to have left Korea with mixed reactions. I am not certain if it's good but at least it's certain that the ending definitely drew them huge attention. Curiosity kills the cat so I hope everyone will continue to support LOTBS in order to see  HJJ seek revenge and JunCheong's happy ending. Plus, the actors of this drama is too good to not tune in. 

I hope he realizes that he allowed his mother to kill the only man who ever acted as a father to him and I hope HJJ's words echo in his mind and haunts him forever. 

Now what truly angers me is ND's greediness and willingness to betray his long time friend and "family member." It's certainly heartbreaking to see that HJJ sees him as a blessing in his life but he wouldn't even think twice before betraying HJJ. What makes me sick is that ND recognizes HJJ was entirely abondoned by his father, yet, he has the intentions of turning his back on HJJ and taking SC away from him. Has HJJ not suffered enough unfairness in this world? 

Of the two, I do think one will change ways. Right now, it is very likely that is CH and not ND. 

Yeah,  the ending of ep 17 and LMH brought alot of attention to the drama again. I'm expecting Next Week ep ratings to increase but let's hope the momentum is there. To be honest,  I'm a little worried about all the plot twist going on now and all the hints of HJJ or SC saying things like if they are not around and etc. I really want my happy ending and will damn upset if its a sad one. Honestly, I would rather an open ending than a sad one but let's just keep fingers crossed! 

Yes man! If HJJ dad really died, then CH has just lost the only father he has ever known. His greed for his father's affection and love is just too extreme. Hope he will really wake up from his lesson! 

But yes,  like you, what truly angers me is ND. How can he just betray SC and HJJ like that? His greed is too unscrupulous. And his actions towards her, watching her and invading her privacy like @lclarakl Mentioned is just too much. In the first place, he should not even be eavesdropping and brazenly watching SC when she requests for privacy. The nerve of him.  As I type this, and think abt those scenes. OMG. I feel really really :angry:

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Alice Mendoza said:

http://www.inquisitr.com/3879129/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-ep-17-review-ep-18-preview/

- an article showing concern for the plot ... hopefully it will pick up soon .. sigh ...

Honestly I dun understand the article. Are we watching the same show? It seems as though the only thing they are talking aby is HJJ realising that SC is a mermaid? Hahahs 

• Like 1

Hiiiii :)))

Wow! I am 2-3 pages behind. So happy that Lobsters are discussing different things. I enjoy reading them. Thank you

I have been thinking about why the writer decided to kill Jun Jae's dad!! I think it makes viewers become more interested in the drama. Why? Because now viewers expect a good revenge from Jun Jae, audience also wanna see the ending story of Jun Jae and Chung. That is why the ratings have increased. Because the writer has thrown solid tension. I have read many Knetizen comments and I also have already shared some of them here. From what I read, first of all Knetizens praise Lee Min Ho's acting, which is very good. Second of all, they mentioned about revenge and they were pleading for a "Happy Ending". Third of all, all these great reactions show that the drama has certainly attracted viewers. Why there is so many comments under each article?? Because Knetizens have a lot to express and they do care about the drama, which is again great!! :))  If if in the drama is only a light comedy without any threat to the OTP, then the drama wouldn't be interesting. I was reading comments in Dramabeans and they were expressing that they were sad for Jun Jae and want a happy ending. Some also mentioned they found episode 17 stressful, which is good again,because the threat and danger is convincing. Lastly, Nam Do is also a good twist that the writer has up in her sleeves. Because again Nam Do's recent actions have attracted attention and almost All the viewers are curious to see if Nam Do is gonna betray Jun Jae!! I gotta say Nam Do in the plot is very good. Because they way it has been written is so smartly. So although 3 episodes are left, viewers have a lot on their mind. They wanna know answer to their questions about Nam Do, ending of junchung love story, Reveng of Jun Jae and punishment of Kang Sohee. Even Kang Soohee's son is another story. What is the ending for him?! 

PS  To sum up, I think the recent events and the direction of drama is good

• Like 12

Am I the only one dying from heartache here? I can't help but imagine that HJJ is crying his heart out somewhere without cheongie by his side. 

I know I am holding onto a thin thread of hope of but could the writer throw in just one last twist and make a miracle happen? I want her to bring back the dad. HJJ is in so much pain. He didn't want the stupid fortune, no, he never cared for it! He wanted his dad's love. Winning his father's inheritance means close to richard simmons to him. Even if he strips MDY and KJY of everything and damn them to hell, he can never bring back his father. And in this sense, he loses to them no matter what. It's unfair! He doesn't deserve it. 

I read some speculations from some other sites and people are hoping that the father faked his death and will appear later to revenge. I know it makes absolutely no sense in terms of editing and directing and things will not add up, but please, I am begging, for the sake of HJJ, bring him back! If they can do this and do it well and believable, I will bounce off the walls. truly mind blown! Throw him a bone writer, HJJ doesn't deserve it. 

1 hour ago, makeuptemple said:

oh the this weeks episodes.  I thought I am gonna have a heart attack, it was like an unseen hand invisible hand was squeezing my heart. Finally that evil stepmother killed her husband. :( such an evil bit****h...

That invisible hand is still ripping my heart out. Will we get to see juncheong happy in the coming episode? Episode 17 was heavy right? Intensity helps increase the ratings and the thrill of the drama but is it too much to ask for a little happiness? HJJ's heart wrenching cry will continue to haunt me until I see him happy again. ND's mischievous stare at SC creeps me out and will continue to kill me until I see that SC is well and safe. I'm feeling depressed. I just want to lay in my bed all day and sleep away my sadness. What has this drama done to me?

@nika94 thanks for your insightful explanation about koreans reaction. I think you're correct. 

@babyval22 if we are weighing an open ending against a tragic ending, hand downs, I take the open end any day. 

I keep thinking of how we asked for the writer to maintain the intensity and now I'm regretting it because I can't handle the agony. I feel like I'm dying here. Wednesday has never seem longer away. I need to know they are ok. 

I didn't bother reading the article but I agree with you, sometimes, I feel like some people are watching a completely different drama from me. It's odd how we can see so differently from each other that I deem there's no way they're watching the same thing I am lol. 

@Hunter White where have you been these past two episodes? What are your thoughts?

• Like 12

Much ado about nothing, but it kinda irritates me. I look forward to my Wed/Thurs because of LOTBS. I also enjoy that other show G that comes on Fri/Sat. My gripe is why does LOTBS take longer to sub? It usually is done by 6pm pst & even then I notice that some parts are missing. (I know it's not a simple thing appreciate you subbers TY) Anyway, G on the other hand is already fully subbed by the time I wake up around 9am pst. Sorry, just wanted to rant. G is subbed really fast. Even DOTS was slow to sub too.

-End rant

HJJ+ SC  :wub:

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

Am I the only one dying from heartache here? I can't help but imagine that HJJ is crying his heart out somewhere without cheongie by his side. 

Well said!! :(( You are not alone! :tears::tears: Jun Jae has so much emotional burden on his shoulder!! Nam Do!! See what your friend is going through?? :(( Don't betray JJ!! :tears::tears:

thanks for your insightful explanation about koreans reaction. I think you're correct. 

Thank you for reading my post! :)) thanks :))

I read some speculations from some other sites and people are hoping that the father faked his death and will appear later to revenge

Yessss Please!!! Thank you for saying that!! It could be a NICE and shocking twist!! Dad could be alive!! Writer-nim!! Please bring back Dad!! We don't know who called for ambulence! We still don't know what CH did!

HJJ's heart wrenching cry will continue to haunt me until I see him happy again. ND's mischievous stare at SC creeps me out and will continue to kill me until I see that SC is well and safe

That sad Crying scene has indeed affected many of us!! JJ's sobbing scene has been so effective!! 

I totally agree! Nam Do has been really creepy and scary!! Jun Jae told him "Hyun! (Big brother), I might not be able to come home tonight, take care of Chungie":tears::tears:

Imagine Jun Jae is already suffering big time from Dad's loss. Now even a shocking betrayl could hit Jun Jae!! It could be like writer is adding salt to Jun Jae's wounds. How Jun Jae is gonna handle all these stuff from now on?? He should quickly collect himself and be strong!! :((

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, nika94 said:

Yessss Please!!! Thank you for saying that!! It could be a NICE and shocking twist!! Dad could be alive!! Writer-nim!! Please bring back Dad!! We don't know who called for ambulence! We still don't know what CH did!

çinça, really? I still didn't watch episode , I hope dad will die:tears:

• Like 3

Guest Moonrain

i cant believe i watched ep17 again :wacko: 

i cant understand why the writer reunites Joon Jae with his mother only to kill his father right after :(

i cant comprehend the stroke of bad luck Joon Jae has with his family. a stupid father, a mother who left him, a psycho stepmother, a crazed step brother. im not even going to be surprised if a sister comes out of nowhere to join in on the fun :crazy:

i cant fathom whats in store for us next episode :unsure: probably a funeral and a girlfriend being sold off by his very friend :blink:

Joon Jae-ya, what did you do in your past life to deserve all this :huh: 

I was guessing that she was not only drugging him by giving him pills, she was contaminating what ever he drinks..   We also learnt that she & that evil man were friends since childhood, I bet she used him to kill the other 2 hubbies, I wonder who is CH's dad..  2 dramas 3 episodes with heart ripping scenes oh my..   Either writers wants us to go minchin aigoo if they do that, they'll lose their jobs.   I'm just telling if any of them reading this forum hehe..   I have the roku remote on my hand forwarding, rewinding!! soon roku is gonna start to talk gonna say decide woman you want to forward - rewind or continue watching your drama.   but at least HJJ reconciled with his mother, he did not asked why, he was not angry..   and again biggest applause goes to our mermaid. thanks to her, he found his mother..  while others knowing and hiding she brought them together.   

Learning HJJ was lying to her was upsetting for her, but telling her the truth would be more upsetting again it is horns of a dilemma..   I am thinking CH came to his senses and they faked his death somehow.   

• Like 9

I haven't had a decent internet connection for the past two weeks our Router has been acting up. In addition to that, my Mobile data connection is even worst at home. I Think my net connection is making a way for me to prepare for the drama's ending..lol (trying to avoid sepanx). :bawling:

I've been reading posts here but doesn't have enough time while at work to actually respond to posts and share my thoughts about the week's episodes. Thanks for asking for my opinion @mythicalove. I've been hitting the like button though so you guys can still feel my presence here. That's the best thing for now. At least, I am able to login on my laptop which is the only thing that everybody in our house uses. Argh! I'll be out today looking for a new Modem-Router so I can get our wifi at home working.:grin:

Anyway, I share your pain.:bawling: This week's episode was indeed heartbreaking especially especially episode 17. I was rolling in bed trying to sleep and can't help but think of what just happened in ep 17 and what will happen in ep 18. I am especially worried for SC since she's been talking about leaving and not being able to be by HJJ's side. ND's looks were The Greedy Man's looks (I knew it all along) and is defo making me worry for SC's life and thinking that he'll expose her to the public. I hope it wont be long before HJJ discover's ND's true motives. I wonder what he'll do to SC since HJJ entrusted SC to him that night he went to his Father's place. Honestly speaking,  I hate sad endings. I'd rather see a happy ending but knowing Writer Park, MLFAS had an open ended story. They only created an epilogue to satisfy the unsatisfied viewers like me who wanted to actually see CSY and DMJ's happy ending. It was a pretty short additional episode so I hope LOTBS wont be like that. I personally feel that the ending was squeezed in just to say that it was a happy ending (Again, just my personal opinion).:anguished:

About what you've written reg. HJJ's inheritance and his Father dying. I think the will is gonna be null and void even if there were witnesses present during the time it was signed (HJJ's father could've lost most of his sight during the time it was signed .. which is true). Also, KJH had a record of her Spouses dying and her inheriting their riches. The fact that the investigators will push the idea that the death was brought by KJH's personal motives to acquire her late husband's riches.. I think eventually it'll be back to the rightful owner (HJJ and his Mom).:grin:

Faking death, let's hope the Writer thinks the same way. I don't think so! I think a character dying in the latter part of the drama was necessary  especially that it was on KJH's record. So, it should be proven at some point. The story needed to make a greater impact to the lead (HJJ). Now, it'll be against HJJ - KJH - MDY & SC-ND-CH. :cold_sweat:

The last 3 episodes will defo be as intense as episode 17. Let's brace ourselves for the exciting twists and turns of this drama. I especially hope for SC & HJJ to have a happy ending. Pleeeeeeeeeease Writer Park....... :):):):):):):)

• Like 9

Park Ji Eun writer is very smart! When Jun Jae was about to cross the street, the episode ended and viewers thought there would be some accident. But how that scene was written came out the opposite of what most thought. Writer Park writes the opposite of what we have in mind. :D Jun jae's dad dying was also something shocking for fans, because in the past few episodes Jun Jae and detective have been trying hard to find evidence and they knew how evil Kang Sohee is. So in many Kentizens comments for the preview of episode 16, they mentioned that Jun Jae is gonna do action and bring down Kang Sohee. But we see that Kang Sohee was a step ahead of Jun Jae and killed his dad. That is why Jun Jae felt so bad when he saw his dad dead. He said "it is not the time yet". Because Jun Jae did know that Kang Sohee had already killed two husbands. The detective also said he would get house warrent in the morning. They were so close to catch Kang Sohee and prevent JJ's dad death. But Kang Sohee was fast in killing Dad. She realized that some of pills are missing and she also figured out Jun Jae's Dad had suspected her and listened to her conversation with Ma de young. It was a bit of bad luck too! She saw that Jun Jae's dad doesn't take the pill and just drinks water. So next time, she poured poisoned drink in his glass. He is blind and cannot see so he drinks a bit and that is enough!! 

PS  Kang Sohee told CH "lets go out and drink"... How ruthless She is!! 

• Like 11

@nika94,I read the comments too about crossing the pedestrian scene. I think the other viewers think based on how their local drama's are.  A reunion gets ruined coz all of a sudden the Actor gets hit by a car or gets kidnapped right in front of the person they love. I didn't think of the same thing though. If there's an accident bound to happen to the lead esp HJJ it could be at the latter part of the drama but he can't suffer that much since he'll be the Knight in shining of this drama. It just amazes me how Writer Park thinks of how the story is gonna be. It defo makes its viewers think of how the succeeding episodes and how it'll be presented.The endings most especially are open-ended so it leaves the viewers something to think about and look forward to the next episode. I think it's also good for the Writer which enables them to change or add possible scenes in the next episode.

The Step-Mom is defo evil at its best! The actress is effective though coz I hated her all throughout this drama. I'm sure Writer Park got something up her sleeves and will make the bad ones pay by the end of this drama. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, nika94 said:

That sad Crying scene has indeed affected many of us!! JJ's sobbing scene has been so effective!! 

I totally agree! Nam Do has been really creepy and scary!! Jun Jae told him "Hyun! (Big brother), I might not be able to come home tonight, take care of Chungie":tears::tears:

Imagine Jun Jae is already suffering big time from Dad's loss. Now even a shocking betrayl could hit Jun Jae!! It could be like writer is adding salt to Jun Jae's wounds. How Jun Jae is gonna handle all these stuff from now on?? He should quickly collect himself and be strong!! :((

I am preparing myself for major heartache because I cannot imagine what HJJ will do if he returns home and SC is missing. I pray that she will not have fallen into ND's trap. As far as we know, HJJ left her in the hands of ND but as to what he will try to do within that time, we are not certain. Judging from the last glance we were left off with, we can only assume that he is up to no good. I am truly praying that he will not try to do anything, at least not yet, as I no longer have hopes he will be good and I am 99% sure he will try to exploit our mermaid one way or another. SC is a smart girl so I hope she thinks quick.

1 hour ago, Hunter White said:

I haven't had a decent internet connection for the past two weeks our Router has been acting up. In addition to that, my Mobile data connection is even worst at home. I Think my net connection is making a way for me to prepare for the drama's ending..lol (trying to avoid sepanx). :bawling:

I've been reading posts here but doesn't have enough time while at work to actually respond to posts and share my thoughts about the week's episodes. Thanks for asking for my opinion @mythicalove. I've been hitting the like button though so you guys can still feel my presence here. That's the best thing for now. At least, I am able to login on my laptop which is the only thing that everybody in our house uses. Argh! I'll be out today looking for a new Modem-Router so I can get our wifi at home working.:grin:

Anyway, I share your pain.:bawling: This week's episode was indeed heartbreaking especially especially episode 17. I was rolling in bed trying to sleep and can't help but think of what just happened in ep 17 and what will happen in ep 18. I am especially worried for SC since she's been talking about leaving and not being able to be by HJJ's side. ND's looks were The Greedy Man's looks (I knew it all along) and is defo making me worry for SC's life and thinking that he'll expose her to the public. I hope it wont be long before HJJ discover's ND's true motives. I wonder what he'll do to SC since HJJ entrusted SC to him that night he went to his Father's place. Honestly speaking,  I hate sad endings. I'd rather see a happy ending but knowing Writer Park, MLFAS had an open ended story. They only created an epilogue to satisfy the unsatisfied viewers like me who wanted to actually see CSY and DMJ's happy ending. It was a pretty short additional episode so I hope LOTBS wont be like that. I personally feel that the ending was squeezed in just to say that it was a happy ending (Again, just my personal opinion).:anguished:

About what you've written reg. HJJ's inheritance and his Father dying. I think the will is gonna be null and void even if there were witnesses present during the time it was signed (HJJ's father could've lost most of his sight during the time it was signed .. which is true). Also, KJH had a record of her Spouses dying and her inheriting their riches. The fact that the investigators will push the idea that the death was brought by KJH's personal motives to acquire her late husband's riches.. I think eventually it'll be back to the rightful owner (HJJ and his Mom).:grin:

Faking death, let's hope the Writer thinks the same way. I don't think so! I think a character dying in the latter part of the drama was necessary  especially that it was on KJH's record. So, it should be proven at some point. The story needed to make a greater impact to the lead (HJJ). Now, it'll be against HJJ - KJH - MDY & SC-ND-CH. :cold_sweat:

The last 3 episodes will defo be as intense as episode 17. Let's brace ourselves for the exciting twists and turns of this drama. I especially hope for SC & HJJ to have a happy ending. Pleeeeeeeeeease Writer Park....... :):):):):):):)

I fear dog ND will expose SC to the public also. The possibilities of it makes my blood boil! I can only imagine all the obstacles juncheong will have to go through in order to be together if SC is exposed to the world. 

I hate to admit it but you are certainly correct. The father's death will serve as the main mechanism to investigate full on, with the detectives and cops cooperating actively, and evidence against KJY. I was just in denial for a moment there. I guess I should just let go of any last hopes. I've cried my eyes out already so now it's time to let go. 

• Like 10

@mythicalove, DMJ got exposed in MLFAS, I guess it wont be impossible in LOTBS that SC will be too.. (same Writer). If history repeats itself then it only means SC will have the same path as SH and the public will know that she's a mermaid. Although I hope she and HJJ can have their little privacy. Just saying... MDY became a lesser threat to  the leads but he can still kill with less motivation that is since he's totally a clueless man now. We're now down to the 2 most feared villains... CH and ND. ND's non-verbal threats fears me the most.

Anyway, I think ahjussi will wake up soon and help save HJJ from further misfortune. Given that it's only him who knows about ND being the other greedy villain to be coming after SC, probably by next week he'll find a way to stop SC from getting hurt. If he's not able to then that only means SC got exposed by ND. Unless, SC gets ahead of ND and erases his memory including defrauding people in the past so that HJJ wont be doing the same in the future and just have a happy life with his Mom and hopefully with SC.:blush:

• Like 10