[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

27 minutes ago, makeuptemple said:

underwater scenes are all done in Spain, so maybe it's on the next week.. 

Oh yeah you're right.. Hmm.. Makes me curious on why she was filming underwater now during the awards ceremony! 

Just finished ep 15 properly! (: after watching the museum scene, I think somehow, SC knows that the ending of the story that HJJ narrated was a sad one. Her expression, her feelings and instinct all showed that she knows the truth but would like to believe HJJ at that point in time that the story, and indirectly, their ending, would also be a happy one.  I dunno but this is the vibe I got while watching the subbed ep. 

And that last scene where HJJ meets his mum, they ended off the ep with a soundtrack that sounds happier so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed on them crossing the road safely. I can only pray and hope that the black car that has been tailing HJJ's mum would not suddenly go berserk and speed towards them. Hahas. 

Edit: I'm starting to miss the epilogue! Hope they will continue to put it in for the remaining eps!

Edited by babyval22
  • Like 9

The story is not entirely repeating itself because unlike in the past, SC has friends on land. Back then, SH relied entirely on KDR and his friends or connections. In the present, it is entirely different. She is liked and supported by many people:

- the little girl

- the homeless woman

- HJJ's mother

She became their friend on her own. I could also add TH, but he is also HJJ's friend. Then SC is also different from SH. She learnt very quickly to adapt herself on land. She was able to see through JND's greed and could act on it. She remained calm, although her secret had been discovered. Then we witnessed how she helped people who were bullied. She was really brave and fearless. To me, SH relied much more on KDR than SC relies on HJJ.

Yet, SC is making a mistake because of CH. Since he is HJJ's brother, she trusts him. Yet, the well-mannered young man is already eyeing at her. He would like her to become his girlfriend. CH feels the need to take everything away from HJJ because he doesn't feel loved. But that's not working because he doesn't know how to love someone and he doesn't know what love means. Like I mentioned it before, he is connecting love to money which he learnt from his mother. The mother used the boy's longing for affection as her tool. She always explained that everything she did (killing her husbands for money) was for CH, her son. Hence he is associating money to love, as he learnt it from his mother. However, I don't think, his mother ever really loved her son in the end. She used him in order to get his support... just like she is using MDY as her tool as well.   

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, babyval22 said:

Oh yeah you're right.. Hmm.. Makes me curious on why she was filming underwater now during the awards ceremony! 

Just finished ep 15 properly! (: after watching the museum scene, I think somehow, SC knows that the ending of the story that HJJ narrated was a sad one. Her expression, her feelings and instinct all showed that she knows the truth but would like to believe HJJ at that point in time that the story, and indirectly, their ending, would also be a happy one.  I dunno but this is the vibe I got while watching the subbed ep. 

And that last scene where HJJ meets his mum, they ended off the ep with a soundtrack that sounds happier so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed on them crossing the road safely. I can only pray and hope that the black car that has been tailing HJJ's mum would not suddenly go berserk and speed towards them. Hahas. 

Edit: I'm starting to miss the epilogue! Hope they will continue to put it in for the remaining eps!

I agree. Even if SC may not be entirely aware of the truth to that ending, her heart and her soul knows and feels it and that is why, inevitably, she cries for them. The museum scene, in particular, tugs at my heartstrings. I have watched it many times. Even though the truths are left untold, I can feel the impact of their past on the both of them. It was a beautiful and heartfelt scene. 

I may be the minority but I believe there will be no truck of doom the next episode. I think it's about time they reunite. 

You are not alone, I miss the epilogues a lot. 

• Like 9

[Drama Review] 'Legend of The Blue Sea' - Episode 14

lee-min-ho-jun-ji-hyun_1483679652_af_org

As I mentioned in previous reviews, 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' has evolved from something cliche and mundane to brilliant and exciting. For some time now 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' jumped between past and present and had an odd usage of certain character's unique abilities. But, finally, the plot and the characters are being whipped into shape and keeping our attention for the full hour running time.

Episode 14 continues to stumble around the possibility of Heo Joon Jae (Lee Min Ho)finally meeting his mother after all these years. It is something we are all anticipating so the drama keeps dragging it out in order to keep us watching until the end. Minus 10 points from Gryffindor for this cheap tactic! *Shakes fist*

However, Heo Joon Jae's family isn't the center of attention entirely. The episode is tearing me apart as Shim Cheong's secret is becoming more and more difficult to keep. Jo Nam Doo catches Shim Cheong swimming in the pool and is taken aback by his discovery. 

Finally, the drama puts her powers to good use as she hilariously erases his memories and then reenacts the scene numerous times in order to find out how he would react a second or third time. As always, Jun Ji Hyun is the one and only comic relief throughout this whole drama!

But lately, Cha Si Ah's awkward but humorous behavior towards Heo Joon Jae's mother has me laughing like a lunatic now and again. Her desperate attempts at winning over Heo Joon Jae and his mother are always met with failure but I feel no pity for her - it is just too darn hilarious! Especially when she feels regret over the fact that Heo Joon Jae's mom has been washing her panties all these years.

Comedy aside, Ma Dae Young is proving that he was one heinous man in the past, but there was someone more evil than him - his son Chi Hyun! Heo Joon Jae and Ma Dae Young meet with a therapist who was able to hypnotize them and help them see their troubled pasts. 

Heo Joon Jae does, in fact, die from saving Shim Chong (who ultimately kills herself with the same harpoon that kills Heo Joon Jae), but it wasn't done by the hands of Ma Dae Young. Chi Hyun's past life was the one responsible for their tragic fate, and it appears he has the same intention even in the present. Fate seems to show no mercy in repeating itself - ill-fated or not.

Like his mother, Kang Seo Hee, Chi Hyun appears to have a silent and creepy way of appearing kind and docile while plotting menacingly in the background. Chi Hyun's personality and character developed nicely over time as he seems to showcase more of a hatred for Heo Joon Jae throughout the episode. His jealousy seems to stem from the fact that he grew up without his real father and Heo Joon Jae's dad solely focuses on his real son more than ever as he nears death.

This drama effectively showcases how torn Heo Joon Jae's family relationships have become because his mother shockingly confronts Kang Seo Hee and we discover that she was lied to all along in regards to Heo Joon Jae's whereabouts. I always knew Kang Seo Hee was rotten but the fact that she kicked Heo Joon Jae out the house, is now murdering his father and lied to his mom that he was studying abroad is just plain ridiculous. 

The only hole in the plot is the fact that Ahn Jin Joo easily uncovered this information but Heo Joon Jae's mother couldn't? Maybe her disinterest in Kang Seo Hee pushed her to seek out any information regarding the family - but it still seems foolish in my opinion.

At least Heo Joon Jae has some sense to dig up information in a more resourceful way. 

I know it is one of the most typical scenes ever, but I was still biting my nails when Heo Joon Jae shows his caretaker, who is still bedridden and paralyzed, a picture of his attacker. "Blink twice if it was this person," - the line that kept us all on edge! 

As expected, it is a picture of Ma Dae Young, and the ahjusshi blinks twice. When asked if there are people within Heo Joon Jae's circle that are connected with him, he blinks twice again! Heo Joon Jae - what more do you need? You're totally in danger dude! I feel he is too lackadaisical in trying to unearth who else is trying to harm him, but it is a drama after all and keeping us, and the plot, on standby is their specialty.

In the end, the worst is finally coming to the surface. If Chi Hyun or Ma Dae Young doesn't kill her first, Shim Cheong's hardening heart will! I was caught off guard over how Heo Joon Jae indirectly reveals he could hear Shim Cheong's pure voice all along. I was expecting it to be revealed in a cute or romantic way, but the drama did justice but utilizing this dramatic scenario as a chance for him to come clean.

The drama impressed me more towards the end. The beginning was a little boring due to the overdone, lovey-dovey dates between Shim Cheong and Heo Joon Jae. While I enjoyed the fact that they touched bases with the "three types of love," I still anticipate more drama.

Fortunately, it did deliver some hype through the twist in the plot. Turns out our eyes don't have to be completely glued to Ma Dae Young anymore! Hopefully, Heo Joon Jae can detect how much of a threat Chi Hyun is before it is too late. He already made the creepy gestures towards Heo Joon Jae and even secretly arranged a meeting with Shim Cheong - so who knows what else he is capable of! Until the next episode, we are left on edge wondering how the past will repeat itself and if Shim Cheong's heart will become more problematic than she anticipated.

cr: allkpop

• Like 8

Hi guys! I'm so loving episodes 14 & 15 with its fast paced and exciting scenes without losing the hilarious/funny scenes and of course our OTP moments. Can't believe I've watched episode 15 thrice! (1st- raw, 2nd & 3rd- with eng subs). I've never been like this in watching dramas. Only LOTBS did this to me hehehe

• Like 12

“The Legend Of The Blue Sea” Thanks Viewers With More Behind-The-Scenes Images

C1h3OWJUkAAt4RK.jpg

Despite the cold weather and difficult filming process, the actors are seen displaying great teamwork and shine with positive vibes. Some of the behind-the-scenes images include individual close-up shots of Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, and a birthday scene with Lee Hee Joon, Cross Gene’s Shin Won Ho, and child actress Shin Lin Ah.

Along with the photos, the producers left a message stating, “Because the ratings continue to rise, the actors and staff have been filming in good spirits. We’ll work harder so this upward trend continues until the last episode. We hope our dear viewers show their love and support by continuing to tune in.”

If you haven’t already, watch the first episode of “The Legend Of The Blue Sea”.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/06/legend-blue-sea-thanks-viewers-behind-scenes-stills/

• Like 14

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "The Legend of the Blue Sea" Episode 15

photo804991.jpg

At last our main couple is on the same page. Cheong can be honest with Joon-jae about who she is and where she came from and feel comfortable with the fact that he loves her. While these two are growing closer, the villains are inching their way towards evil. 

While Ji-hyeon does become violent this episode, he is so deflated by a scolding from Dae-yeong that he loses all potency as a villain. I was so excited when he stepped up to the plate with new, vile intentions last episode. Now, compound his impotence as a character with the lack of action by Dae-yeong and Ji-hyeon's mother and the villains are little more than barely entertaining. Luckily the romance more than makes up for this as Cheong and Joon-jae meet on the same level and start working together as a couple. His lies about their past lives will cause trouble, of course, but I'm glad for the newest round of openness. A solid relationship makes them potentially a great evil-fighting duo. I'd love to see them take on Dae-yeong, Ji-hyeon, and Ji-hyeon's mother together!

Joon-jae's mother and Joon-jae finally see each other and the only thing I thought during that scene was "I hope she doesn't get hit by a car". Because that would just be too much. These scenes where people gaze across busy streets always do that. Please don't fall into that trap, show. I beg of you. It's taken so long for Joon-jae's and his mother's worlds to collide that I don't think I can bear to wait any longer for a reunion. Everything about the mystery is developing so slowly. Ji-hyeon's mother should've been outted already unless there's another twist coming.

A wonderful part of this episode was the inclusion of Cheong's two friends, the child and the homeless woman. I love how these three misfits talk philosophy and make each other feel normal despite the fact that they are anything but. Tae-oh is also a joy with his wonderful faces and reactions to everything and anything Cheong related.

Until next week when we discover whether Joon-jae's mother gets run over by a car...or not.

cr: hancinema

• Like 11

@1ouise:  Thanks for the additional categories for our game after the drama.  Keep them coming guys and I hope everyone will participate.  

so sad, only 5 more episodes to go!  I've become spoiled looking forward to watching every week then chatting with all of you

You know you've been obsessed with the drama when:

1.  Your phone rings while watching the drama and you wonder who the !@# is calling?!

2.  Your friends want to meet and you grumble why on a Wed or Thurs?!

3.  You're watching the drama and your friends decide to send stickers and bitmojis via FB messenger which pop up on your screen (my friends did this twice and I yelled what the !@# I'm watching something!  lol)

• Like 17