[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Missed the livestream been busy :tears:Omo!!!Wae,SW and DR is one of my favorite otp their lovestory is sooo great every scene of their story is very important...:bawling:  (A box of kleenex is not enough,i also used my bath towel) Their story is so romantic, sad and tragic..there were a lot of villain in this drama its like almost everyone around them..:cold_sweat:,wae writer nim?, they also need supporters. My prediction is right that this ep will be unforgettable since we will wait more weeks.

Ps: how come dam ryung is faster than the trajectory of the arrow :blink:, he gained superpowers lol. Is it me or lmh and jjh got more handsome and pretty in this ep than prev ep.

• Like 12

my internet connection tonight is really bad.. I couldn't stream live and just finished watching raw...

I feel a little bit glad because the ending isn't really a cliffhanger (?) even though I'm really curious if the room that MDY will enter is the same room that HJJ currently occupied. I think the prof that the police called out is the same prof that help HJJ with the hypnosis? I think I need to watch it again

In the meantime, while waiting for the full sub, here are some translations for ep 13..

After Joonjae had another dream about KDR and SH

SC: Are you okay? It’s okay. It’s just a dream. Did you have a nightmare?
HJJ: *hugged her* Yes, I was scared
SC: Why?
HJJ: I don’t know. Normally I don’t feel scared of anything because I have nothing to lose. But now I feel scared. I’m afraid I’ll lose it
SC: Who?
HJJ: Hm?
SC: Sehwa?
HJJ: What?
SC: I heard it all, you know. ‘No, Sehwa!’ something like that
HJJ: Ah…
SC: Who is it? Who is Sehwa? Is it a fish too that you manage?
HJJ: No, it’s not like that
SC: Then who is it? Is it a woman?
HJJ: That’s right. A woman
SC: Oh, it is a woman. Is she pretty?
HJJ: Should I tell the truth?
SC: Of course. We have promised that we won’t lie to each other
HJJ: Really pretty
SC: Ah… really pretty? How about me
HJJ: You are pretty too
SC: Come on, you have to choose. Who is prettier? Are you two timing us? (she is using a slang words, I’m not really familiar)
HJJ: What? How do you know that kind of word?
SC: Answer me quickly. I’m going to die because I’m so curious (she used a slang words again that even HJJ didn’t know, that’s why he asked her what she was saying) You didn’t understand it? It’s all over in internet. Just answer me quickly
HJJ: Of course… it’s you
SC: ‘Is he telling the truth? He isn’t saying this because he is managing his decision? Then how about Sehwa? Is it true? Does he try to deceive me? Am I really prettier than Sehwa? Where does she live and what kind of person she is?’
HJJ: It’s you
SC: Love it (she used a slang again. If you translate it words by words that she used 개 좋아 (read gae joah) means I like a dog)
HJJ: Oh?
SC: In here 개 좋아 doesn’t mean that you like a dog but it means that you are very very happy or love it very much. People in the internet used it everywhere. If you don’t know, you need to learn Heo Joonjae
HJJ: Where do you want to go?
SC: I have to go upstairs
HJJ: Don’t go
SC: Are you drunk? Don’t go is a word that you usually say when you’re drunk
HJJ: I don’t remember when I drunk, just don’t go
SC: I won’t go. Heo Joonjae, you know… about that
HJJ: What?
SC: About what we did…
HJJ: *kissed her* this?
SC: Yep. This… Can I not forget it?
HJJ: You can’t. Can you even forget it?
SC: Okay. I won’t forget it
HJJ: Good night. I have to sleep with you like this so I won’t get a nightmare again
SC: ‘I wished he will always have a nightmare. I love nightmare very much’

SA and HJJ’s mom conversation in HJJ’s mom room (note: in this conversation, SA no longer talked rude/informal to HJJ’s mom but talked in a very formal way to an older person)

HJJ’s mom: Jiyoung (Elizabeth korean’s name (?))’s aunt what are you doing in my room?
SA: Is the boy in the picture your son?
HJJ’s mom: That’s right
SA: It’s look like your son isn’t similar to you
HJJ’s mom: How can it be? Everyone used to say that my son is similar to me. Why?
SA: I was interested so I have been thinking that up until now I treated ahjumma… madam… Can I call you as mother (as in mother-in-law)?
HJJ’s mom: Why am I your mother?
SA: Well you aren’t really my mother in law, but you are a mother and there’s a probability that you might be my mother-in-law too
HJJ’s mom: Are you feeling sick?
SA: No. I used to be sick in the past. Up until now I wasn’t in my right mind. But now I have my sense back. My throat is very dry. Can you bring me a glass of water? *realize her mistake* Shall I bring you a drink?
HJJ’s mom: No, I’m okay. I’ll fetch a drink for you
SA: No, no no. Actually…
HJJ’s mom: What is it? Do you have something that you want to talk with me?
SA: Later. I’ll tell you later. I’m sorry ahju.. mother

Hmmm... for the conversation in Joseon era, I need to watch it again.. But is the soldier (?) who was with Kim Damryung looks a like the current police/detective?

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

Ok Ok Then.....

To eased my pain from the sadness tonight, I'll make my slow motion surprise kiss. Or ripping their whispering voice to mp3? Hmmm... sugestion @mythicalove

Oh my goodness, that is a hard one to decide from lol. I will rather die than choose between the two hahaha. How about the kiss first and then the voice after? So I don't have to give up either lol. 

20 minutes ago, puppy8888 said:

@mythicalove

*sobs* Yes chingu. I took my time as you said huhu. I know that we both knew that this would happen. We kept on saying our theories about KDR and SW dying a tragic ending at sea, but I can't believe that it hurts 100000x more when you watch it. Huhuhuhuhuhu. Still can't get over how bittersweet it was. Their love was indeed so strong that it did transcend space and time.

According to experts in the paranormal world, strong emotions can really trigger things even when some people have died. In comparison, that is the reason why ghost hauntings exist, because of extremely strong emotions, weather negative or positive, memories linger and are very strong. Don't mean to creep you out, but that's what I've heard haha. In this case, it's tragic love that has been reborn into new reincarnations :)

Yes, indeed, we have been talking about the tragic ending for awhile now. We knew it was coming, one way or another. We prepared ourselves for the heartache believing that it would help when the time approaches but we were so wrong. I did not know it was going to be this beautiful, this bittersweet, this sad, this heartbreaking, this heart wrenching and that I would cry for them and desperately long for more time with them. The slight smile he gave before he died literally ripped my heart out. The way she touches his face before she decided to die along with him pierced my heart in ways it has never been before. They have waited so many centuries to be together again, they deserve a happy ending. 

I completely agree with you. Strong emotions live on even after death. Some souls will never move on due to grudges. With KDR and SH, their strong love and determination to be together lives on. What a beautifully written love story. I say it, and I keep saying it again, because it's so true. 

@MrMarley I believe we are in the same drug or under the same spell, because I can't seem to bring myself to like any other drama at the moment due to my love for this one too. Lol. I definitely agree with you, I simply love the soundtrack of this drama. It's beautiful and fits the drama so perfectly. 

• Like 9

HJJ and SC conversation in SC's room

SC: What brings you here? You usually call me from downstairs if you want to talk
HJJ: Doesn’t you feel cold? Last time I slept in here, the wind was quite strong. If you feel cold, you can sleep downstairs
SC: ‘Sleeping with you?’ *giggle*
HJJ: Instead I will sleep in here
SC: No. If it’s like that, I don’t feel cold
HJJ: I have something that I curious
SC: Yes?
HJJ: When you were kidnapped by Ma Daeyoung…  Did he fill the barrel with water?
SC: Yeah
HJJ: Why?
SC: ‘He knew that I am a mermaid. He said that he saw it in his dream and he want to check it personally whether it’s true or not. But I can’t tell you this’
HJJ: Don’t do it. If it’s something that you can’t tell, you don’t have to. *hugged her*
SC: ‘I’m scared because he knew about my secret’
HJJ: You have nothing to be scared about. I won’t let anything happen. I won’t let him. Whatever happened in the past, it won’t happen again. I’ll make sure of it

Conversation between young KDR and SH

SH: You live in land while I live in the water. If we die, will we go to the same place or different place (heaven (?))?
KDR: I believe we have the same heaven because in there water and land won’t be separated/ have any difference
SH: You know, if we meet each other again in the other life I wished you will be born as you and I will born as I so we can recognize each other
KDR: It will be. If we meet again, you are you and I will be I
SH: Can you remember this story?
KDR: I promise you. If I am reborn, I will look for you, meet you, care for you and protect you. This story, I’ll remember it for sure

• Like 19

42 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

my internet connection tonight is really bad.. I couldn't stream live and just finished watching raw...

I feel a little bit glad because the ending isn't really a cliffhanger (?) even though I'm really curious if the room that MDY will enter is the same room that HJJ currently occupied. I think the prof that the police called out is the same prof that help HJJ with the hypnosis? I think I need to watch it again

In the meantime, while waiting for the full sub, here are some translations for ep 13..

SC: ‘I wished he will always have a nightmare. I love nightmare very much’

SA: No. I used to be sick in the past. Up until now I wasn’t in my right mind. But now I have my sense back. My throat is very dry. Can you bring me a glass of water? *realize her mistake* Shall I bring you a drink?

Hmmm... for the conversation in Joseon era, I need to watch it again.. But is the soldier (?) who was with Kim Damryung looks a like the current police/detective?

Thanks so much for the translation! 

These two scenes were hilarious. While reading your translation, I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the two lines I bolded. SC is way too adorable and CSA fails miserably at changing her nature lol. 

To answer you question, yes, the Soldier or Officer guarding KDR is the detective in present day. 

On a different note, the professor the police called out? I need to watch it again as well. I'm now questioning whether the professor is good or bad. I am thinking MDY has to be walking into the same building that HJJ is in. If that is the case, how would he have access? I'm thinking it's related to the professor. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

KDR and SH

SH: You live in land while I live in the water. If we die, will we go to the same place or different place (heaven (?))?
KDR: I believe we have the same heaven because in there water and land won’t be separated/ have any difference
SH: You know, if we meet each other again in the other life I wished you will be born as you and I will born as I so we can recognize each other
KDR: It will be. If we meet again, you are you and I will be I
SH: Can you remember this story?
KDR: I promise you. If I am reborn, I will look for you, meet you, care for you and protect you. This story, I’ll remember it for sure

This is such a sweet dialogue. It explains so much. This is why she is born as a mermaid again and he, as a human. It was their wish so they can meet again. :bawling: Their love is so romantic and sweet it touches my heart. 

• Like 9

@MrMarley

Chingu, we are the same. This drama is my current addiction and I can't seem to try and check out other dramas because I'm soooo hooked into this one. Please do post here more often, chingu hahaha

@Moonrain

Those gifs make me so sad huhuhu. I just wanna take KDR and SW, wrap them in a ball, throw in an octupus stuff toy and never let go huhuhu. Oh well, even though if they died, at least we still have HJJ and SC. Come to think of it, if KDR and SW didn't die so tragically, we would have no HJJ and SC. I believe that HJJ and SC have been reincarnated for the purpose of setting things right, to carry on an undying love that was tragically wronged in the past, to make sure it comes true and carries on to a happy ending :)

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, damnfreakinJIHYUN said:

Missed the livestream been busy :tears:Omo!!!Wae,SW and DR is one of my favorite otp their lovestory is sooo great every scene of their story is very important...:bawling:  (A box of kleenex is not enough,i also used my bath towel) Their story is so romantic, sad and tragic..there were a lot of villain in this drama its like almost everyone around them..:cold_sweat:,wae writer nim?, they also need supporters. My prediction is right that this ep will be unforgettable since we will wait more weeks.

Ps: how come dam ryung is faster than the trajectory of the arrow :blink:, he gained superpowers lol. Is it me or lmh and jjh got more handsome and pretty in this ep than prev ep.

You're not alone. I wondered the same thing too, how did KDR get to SH that fast? Lol. 

*edit* lol, not to mention, I just scrolled up and saw @Moonrain posting a gif of KDR flying in the sky to go kick some a**. When did he learn how to fly? Hahahahaha. 

I actually find LMH and JJH extra beautiful in this drama overall lol. I usually find they are extremely gorgeous people to begin with, but they're extra extra beautiful in here. How unfair to the world, they're way too beautiful! 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, puppy8888 said:

@MrMarley

Chingu, we are the same. This drama is my current addiction and I can't seem to try and check out other dramas because I'm soooo hooked into this one. Please do post here more often, chingu hahaha

@Moonrain

Those gifs make me so sad huhuhu. I just wanna take KDR and SW, wrap them in a ball, throw in an octupus stuff toy and never let go huhuhu. Oh well, even though if they died, at least we still have HJJ and SC. Come to think of it, if KDR and SW didn't die so tragically, we would have no HJJ and SC. I believe that HJJ and SC have been reincarnated for the purpose of setting things right, to carry on an undying love that was tragically wronged in the past, to make sure it comes true and carries on to a happy ending :)

Well said, well said! I've always harbored the belief that something must have gone wrong in the past for them to be experiencing the same fate in the present. This time, they are meant to set it straight. KDR and SH may have died tragically but they live on and they will have a happy ending through HJJ and SC. That is what eases my heart. 

• Like 8

@alleram95

Ohhh thank you for the translations. I just had to laugh out loud at the part where SC was interrogating HJJ about SW. Hahahahaha how do you like your own RAMEN medicine now, SC? Hahaha you fool, the one you're jealous about is your past life. You may be more comical and crazy, but yes she is your serene and quiet past self hahahaha

@damnfreakinJIHYUN

I noticed the same thing too, chingu. The arrow was fired first but KDR got there earlier. I blame the editor of the film hahaha. S/he should have sequenced to have KDR in the water first then should have then showed the arrow being shot haha. Oh well, it's still beautiful overall haha

• Like 6

A little off topic...:innocent:....just a simple question, maybe someone can answear me ?! 

The question is ; How a mermaid born ?!

I do really wonder, coz Choengie said that she doesnt have parents, didnt know what is a family, but we've seen her younger version, so I'm sure there's a baby version of a mermaid, isn't it ?! 

This question didnt stop churning inside my head, just trying to understand, but still hoping maybe later in this story, the writernim will show us a lil bit more about Choengie's world to us....

• Like 8

I've always felt that there is a bad guy other than step-mom and MDY.  Suspicions are now on the professor.  When Joon-jae was explaining to Tae-oh why he started being a con-man, he said, "People need to meet the right people."  Then we see the story of how he met Nam-doo.  Now, I think that sentence more accurately applies to the professor.  Without knowing what he was saying (because no subs yet), my new suspicions made him look creepy in this episode.

• Like 8