[Current Daily Drama 2016] The Unusual Family 별난 가족 - Monday to Friday 20:25

hipeachi

Well we got the KUMBAYA ending we were all expecting. Lazy Korean writers. They just give characters Brain Transplants to suddenly end conflicts in the storyline. Little GJ got the two for one special. Brain and Heart transplant in one operation. JR's change in attitude towards DY came out of thin air. Same goes for YJ's change of feelings for HR. And let's not forget SW who had the first Brain Transplant in this drama.

YJ gets a "Special Pardon" that no one else knows about? Next he'll pull a rabbit out of his hat! I guess sending a croney to hit someone with a car, attempted murder, is not considered a very serious crime in Korea. Having YJ in the final scene was so important after all. Why not just have "Scotty" teleport him out of prison and to the wedding? It would be just as plausible and it would let them use a cool special effect. 

I noticed the "Tall Lanky Guy" has become a forgotten man. I guess he's still exiled to Busan. DT's head injury left him with just one lost memory. Helping "Tall Lanky Guy" return must have slipped his mind.

Not one character received an appropriate punishment by American standards. JR, HR and YJ's mom got off virtually Scott free for all the Evil they dished out.

In America TV writers are usually well educated professionals. The more I see Kdramas like TUF and it's poorly cobbled together ending, the more I feel it's just not the same for Korean writers. Can you say high school dropout? Kdramas, even the bad ones usually have good beginnings and often middles. It's the endings that get really, really weak. I know I'll sound like a "Ugly American" saying this but just once I'd love to see some American writers brought in to write the last third of a drama. TUF would have had a very different ending if Americans had written the last fifty episodes. Particularly how justice is doled out to those who deserve it. Great evil will be served with great punishment. There would be a balance of justice. The imbalance of justice that Korean writers often leave us with is what drives me nuts.

I'm not totally against Korean writers and producers. I already stated that they are good and often excellent at making the beginnings and middles of dramas. Korean casting directors are usually excellent. It's rare that a actor does not fit the part very well. The character of DY was written as being a wishy washy and often weak character. The actress who played DY conveyed what the writers were writing very well in my opinion. Remember she can only recite the lines in the script. She has no control over what comes out of her characters mouth. Korean casting directors are especially good at picking actors to portray evil characters. Remember how much we all hated SW! The actress really fit the part.

Kdrama can be very good at conveying the emotions the characters are feeling to the audience. "The Gentleman of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" is a currently a very good example of this.

I like how the character's hair styles will change throughout the course of a drama to reflect a change in a characters status, maturity level, level of evil or goodness and general state of mind. You rarely see this attention to detail in American series. 

Two things I'll never forget about this forum are "Thrashing About" and "Feckless." I guess the only thing left to say is KUMBAYA!, KUMBAYA!, KUMBAYA! Take care Soompi members!  :D

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@booha Did you catch the exchange right before The Ghost appeared?  The Village Representative had squeezed in next to SA and DY's mother said "Come over here and stand by me."  The Village Representative replied that he was happy where he was.  Then The Ghost appeared and the Village Representative fainted.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the Village Representative's romantic ambitions by The Ghost. 

15 hours ago, valeriesavage said:

Oh yea just because my avatar change dosen't mean I'm not active, My old soompi was valsava

Haha.  So funny to see one of the most active posters on these forums being listed as a "rookie" with just 47 posts! 

12 hours ago, sgfan said:

@booha thank you for sharing SJH's interview. Sure brightens up my Saturday :wub:

I am not sure if I will watch another daily for now. These dramas run for way too long. @jayakris mentioned another drama 'Tomorrow Victory', which piqued my interest. I shall watch some clips and see if its chaebol son can give DT a run for his money :). I hope I don't get addicted though. Lol, I'll be like 'here I go again' :sweatingbullets:.

Tomorrow Victory had better production quality than almost any other daily dramas I have seen lately. It has a lot of makjang elements in the story line (maybe more than in Sweet Home Sweet Honey, actually), but the writing and the story details were so good that the makjang elements actually looked even somewhat plausible.  Initially you will think it is impossible for the lead villain to do the things that he does, but then you learn his character and feel that it is all rather possible.  It will make you pull your hair out, till about the 60th episode though, as nothing goes right for the lead lady who slowly gets a backbone by then - and from then on, it is actually a pretty good ride for the second half of the drama, as she and the chaebol son go hard after the bad guys (though unsuccessfully initially).  Great twists and turns and Houdini acts by the villains.  The villain actually pulled the face mask off somebody and killed him in the hospital, and he again tried it later -- unlike in TUF where they couldn't make YJ do it! ... Birth secrets etc added to the story.  It had everything, and the romance and chemistry between the lead pair was terrific too. Choi Phillip did as good a job as a villain as you could imagine.  It never gets boring.  I certainly recommend it.

Well first of all this drama has finally ended so congratulations on all of us that managed to stay till the end over here. :) The drama very nearly became a train wreck. I guess it managed to save itself barely. Though I do know that I won't be coming back for a rerun for this one ever. :) I do think that this is one of the most active I may have been on this site. This may have been beaten by another drama which I can't seem to remember which had the villain trying to resurrect a giant dragon/serpent and the main lead could see ghosts and fought them with the female lead being a shaman and all. If anyone can recall it's name well and good. Otherwise I can look it up later on.

Before I start on my thoughts on the last episodes based on all your comments let me bring up something that was mentioned that in the drama Always Spring the main female lead atleast has a backbone. (is that drama any good I might just pop up over there if I get the time) but other than that I wouldn't hold out much hope against that. At some point or the other this female is going to lose her backbone and be dependent on the male lead to bail her out of some trouble or not. Only a few dramas have let the female leads be just as aggressive as they were till the end. Even though they took a few hard knocks they managed to get back up. I mean I still have an issue with some of them suddenly behaving out of character but I can live with that. Unfortunately Dani was more of a disappointment and I really didn't have all that much of a reason to even root for her. She tended to give up far more easily on things that should have mattered the most and she tended to side for the wrong things. If she had been a bit slower things could get worse.

Now let me get back to the drama itself. Someone said that Dani still hasn't called Dong Tak Oppa and the only person that she considers one are her dead brother and Youngjae. Well to that my response is that Once an Oppa Always an Oppa :) . But seriously what is up with that. Infact I believe I once brought up a similar point in the drama called Melody Of Love as well. The female lead in the entire 100+ episodes simply refused to call him anything other than Ajushi or in other words Mister. :) No matter how close the two of them got together so it was no Oppa or even the male leads name. Someone didn't find it all that wrong or weird since they referred to it as terms of endearment and like those were their private names for each other or something similar. I think that they based it on their own experiences in the military where they ended up dating someone from the same unit or something and that the other party tended to call them by their rank and vice versa since that is how they were used to calling each other over there. To be honest I don't know if that is romantic or not but to each their own. Still in a drama one tends to expect more in the form of reaction and that would include some form of endearment such as calling someone Oppa, Yoobo etc.. something to that extent. I would even take them to using loving nick names as well. Such as calling one something that they may have known the other for such as a phone thief (since that is how they met and that sort of sticks though that might not be so romantic come to think about it.) but one gets the general gist of what I am trying to say. Clearly I am not so sure that their relationship might survive the test of time and the only one gloating in the end is going to be Juran saying I told you so didn't I. You should have listened to me who is all that older and thus wiser.

Another question that was brought up is what exactly does Dong Tak see in Dani that he still hasn't managed to forget her and all. A better question I have to ask is what do all the guys see in Dani. Perhaps that they can get away with bossing her and thus making her easier to control? I have no idea do I. She seems more trouble than anything else. Lets face it even her working she doesn't take that seriously. I would really like a count of how many times she has claimed to quit the company only to come back a couple of episodes later. That certainly isn't a good sign. Now I can understand why she ends up doing what she does but frankly speaking that isn't professional at all. She can't seem to differentiate between work and personal problems now can she. While I do have a touch of sympathy for her being abused at work by Juran and Hyeri at times. Thus I can sort of understand her choices. Still???? Perhaps Korea needs better working laws or something to that extent so that they can report their superiors for mistreatment. But like I said earlier Dani really had nowhere else to go other than the fields with her current set of education and her dumping her university and all. So to be honest I am a bit conflicted in said regards at times. Though her leaving the company should have become a running gag. Infact didn't in some episode Mr. Han tell her not to say about leaving the company ever again no matter what. :) Just goes to show how many times that she has done it that even others start to mention it and all.

The closest that I can come up why the guys are so into her must be due to a certain video that they may have come across or something similar. I mean lets be honest the only thing that Youngjae seemed to be married to was his work and I find it hard to believe that he was any different when he was studying. Over there he must have been into his studies and all. So for him to actually take time of to date someone would be surprising to say the least. I guess he may have been some sort of lady magnet only because he would seem to be this mysterious character who simply wasn't interested in anything around him and even if Dani were to approach him he would have ignored her. Also I don't think that she would have done so on her own accord. So most likely what might have happened is that the two of them must have been partnered up in school for some assignment and all. I guess one can add other party members to the mix if they like though it won't make much of a difference to the final outcome. Knowing Young Jae he would seem like the person to either try and do all the work himself to get the best result without consulting what the others want or would prefer that everyone does their equal share. Lets assume that we go with the later but lets also assume that the others just aren't bothered to do their share so Youngjae always tends to do the former. Now he expects pretty much the same thing to happen again when he is paired up with Dani. But before he can submit his part of the report he ends up becoming ill for some reason or the other. In this case Dani who needs to prove herself to the others not only ends up doing her share of the report but also Youngjae's share as well. Now when he returns he thinks that all his lost and that his team won't score at all but to his surprise he finds out that his team project is a hit and all and that it was Dani who did it. He would be thankful to her and maybe even ask her out. Unfortunately for him Dani simply doesn't have time to date him and all. Regardless one day he goes to pick Dani from the village for some reason. (She might have been ill or something to that extent) but when he comes to see her he finds her in the fields dancing and singing a song " Love Is Energy " By Chi Chi (or by herself whatever one likes) (she thinks that she is all alone) and when he sees her doing that he thinks that she is some sort of angel. (maybe add angel effects for dramatic effects as well) Yes Yes I know this bit is pun fully intended. LoL maybe he even manages to record this on his smart phone and threatens to upload it on the school site if she doesn't. Having no other choice she agrees to his terms along the way coming to realize that he isn't all that bad as a person and soon they were in a relationship that lasted well into 5 years till the other woman entered. Perhaps Dong Tak somehow got his hands on said video as well and was just as smitten as Young Jae :)

Someone also said that somewhere down the line if another woman tried to get in between Dani and Dong Tak the end result would be a break up between them. If that were to happen I am going to blame it entirely on Dani simply for the reason she doesn't know how to fight back for what is important to her. I don't think that we have to worry anything from Dong Tak's end because he is 100% smitten by Dani and I don't think that there may be much that another female may be able to use to charm him. Money and wealth mean nothing to him since he has fallen for Dani who was clearly below them in the social ladder and all so it won't matter if said person was more influential than him (clearly indicated as March tried to use that to her advantage when she was using the Lee Sera identity). Thus the only thing that the other female can do is catch Dong Tak in some sort of compromising situation or even not all that much but just show something that may look more than it seems and send it to Dani. They are going to perhaps fight and then Dani is going to do a trademark Dani maneuver and decide that she has had enough and head back home to Jang Miri. Then we are going to have a couple of episodes where everyone tries their best to persuade her to return to Dong Tak and that it was all a big misunderstanding and all. Perhaps March is going to use her skills that she learned behind bars to take down this other female and expose her for her deception and all. :) But really can't expect much else between the two of them so I can only hope that they end up living a happy life without any other drama in their life. :) Is that to much to ask. Hey Mr. Ghost please be better at your job in the future.

While we are talking about Dani being unforgettable I have to ask what do any of the ladies even see in Young Jae. Like I said that he was totally married to his work. I just can't seem to see the appeal to him. Well with Hyeri I can sort of see why she has fallen so hard for Young Jae. He was the first person to sort of treat her as a person. Not as someone as the daughter of the President of the Company, not as someone who does everything she tells someone to do as she is rich and all or that he were to gain something from her (though the later isn't all that true). So in her previous marriage her husband may have thought that he could have gotten something in return perhaps made his company better thanks to Bonjour's backing or so. Thus he used her and tried to be as delicate as possible with her. But Youngjae had nothing to the table and he didn't care whether she was the bosses daughter he told her as he saw things and when she was wrong and all. Something that she wasn't expecting and thus she fell for him. Sorry I can't be more clearer in what I am trying to say. :( I do have to say that Hyeri may have mellowed down a bit after her marriage. Not by much but still it was there.

Next point that I wanted to bring up is the frame up Young Jae did of Mr. Choi. LoL I found that bit a bit amusing. I remember when we first found him cooking up those books to make his slush funds people were calling him a bit dumb and so I tried to sort of defend him (not in the sense that he was doing the right thing mind you) but by saying that perhaps that he was more of an evil genius and that he planned on perhaps framing someone with said accounts such as Mr. Choi but @jimb suggested that it was probably Juran. Guess it ends up turning out to be Mr. Choi. Finally I predicted something right while watching a drama :) though I didn't expect that and was actually convinced by @jimb 's argument that Juran was the better choice. But as the drama progressed didn't think that would ever happen. Nice to be proven wrong for a change. Still have to agree that Young Jae wasn't all that smart for a master criminal. I mean he has ledgers indicating his slush fund and all and while I know that he had them locked up in a safe for safety reasons couldn't he have labeled them as something else. Such as Profit and Loss or something totally unrelated to money etc.... I mean lets face it Mr. Choi figured out what he was upto with a single glance at one of those ledgers that he happened to accidentally managed to spot when he entered his office to discuss something with him. Thanks to Young Jae and his labeling system which even dumb people can figure out he got caught red handed. Now had he coded his entries perhaps he could have gotten away. So even if Mr. Choi got caught by the police he might not have a good idea of who did it or even if he claimed that it was Young Jae he wouldn't have no real evidence to back up said claims such as directing them to said ledgers and all. Still like I said this was a drama and things had to come to a close thus we should have expected those things. :)

Now a bit about the questions that were brought up regarding the ending and things that were unanswered.

In regards to Dani's birth father I am going to finally assume that there is no such birth secret involved such as that her mother had an affair with a married man and all. I will just go along with the fact that her dad actually died and end it at that. If there was some birth secret it should have been exposed unless they are planning on making  a sequel at some point. If that were to happen count me out won't be here for that. At that point the only thing that could make sense if the following storyline happened. A new woman enters the life of Dani and Dong Tak and we have another love triangle of sorts. But since they are married she tries to break them apart (like I said what is with the females in some of these recent dramas that are trying to break up a couple that is already been a couple for quite sometime. Unlike where the other parties were friends and all thus they may feel like they were cheated or something from the new girl) Anyway what also happens is that it turns out that this new girl happens to be Dani's sister from her biological dad who seems to be on a course of revenge who may think that Dani stole everything from her so she now intends to do the same from her. While we are at it it turns out that Dani's birth father was someone well of and to make up for not being in his daughter's life he decides to leave a large part of his inheritance to her in his will. Thus new girls appearance who thinks that she has been cheated of what should have been rightfully hers. Plus we are going to have her do her utmost best for Dani not to know her true origins so expect a lot of backstabbing and lying. Since Dani is a female lead who seems to specialize in being totally oblivious to things she isn't going to even know that there was ever a birth secret involved till her mother is about to pass away and at time before she dies her mother manages to pass on the information that her father may still be alive and well and to find him though he may be a married man and all. I guess Dani being Dani will try to keep this news to herself and not involve Dong Tak thus we can add a few more cases of misunderstandings and him being mad at her for lying to him and what now. We can also have Juran have a field day when she discovers Dani's little birth secret. Instead of being overjoyed to find out that Dani isn't simply the daughter of some peasant she will discover that she is an illegitimate child and thus she carries dirty blood which has tainted her pure bloodline and all. Perhaps down the line she may soften up when she discovers that her birth father is some sort of Royalty as well and that her family can now do something to help her family. Heck while we are at it lets make March the lead of sorts trying to help out her hopeless Aunt without her ever finding out that March was involved in saving her this time. This way we get a better chance for March to redeem herself. Though I still might not be interested to watch said drama. Unless we have March suddenly get vampire powers :) But instead of drinking blood she likes to have Orange Marmalade to keep her cravings for blood under control. Again Pun fully intended. :)

Where does Dani end up living. I am going to assume that she has been living at Dong Tak's home. I find it hard to believe that Juran would let her only son live in Jang Miri with Dani's family. She may have allowed to let the two of them to get married but I find it hard to believe that she would let her son move out of that house. Sure her husband may allow Dong Tak to live with Dani's family but but Juran. In fact I can be pretty sure that Dani may have had to sign some sort of clause allowing her to live with Juran and family if she wanted to marry Dong Tak and have her blessing as well. On top of all that I don't think that Dani is going to stay at her home as well. Not that she doesn't care or worry about her mother but as of now she has her SiL to do that but also because she follows the staple Korean Female Lead law of being on good terms with your in laws. Now if they are on bad terms said people do their best to make their In Laws see them in a better light and the best way to do that is if they see them for who they really are and all and that would mean living with them. The more time she spends around Juran, Juran is going to come to realize that she misread Dani all along and that she is a nice, sweet and caring lady etc... Also this is also the only way that Dani and Hyeri are also going to get on better terms as Hyeri will realize that Dani actually cares about Dong Tak and that she isn't pretending to do so. Hyeri may have been convinced that Dani may have moved on thanks to her actions regarding Young Jae such as informing her where he was and all but she may not have been so sure about her feelings regarding her brother. But after witnessing her interactions after becoming family will change and also as I said they need to get closer because after Young Jae is going to be released things might get a bit awkward and all when they are altogether at family meetings and all. So to melt said ice would mean that they would need to spend as much time as possible. I guess that would mean that D & D never really got to be together on their own but given time I guess it might just be possible.

I really think that if Juran's husband is still living in the same house with Juran even if they use different rooms is wrong. Frankly I would have hoped that after said time skip Dong Tak is running the company since Young Jae is still on probation and all (that is if he even gets to enter said company and all again) thus Dong Tak's dad thinks that the company is in good hands so he moves back to Jang Miri and decides to not only farm again but also be a couple with Dani's SiL. Frankly I think that him staying at that home is also wrong because as long as he is there then he is giving false hope to Juran that they may have a chance to be together at some point in the future and it also kills of any hope that Sunae might have thought of the two of them ever being a couple as well. I guess I could sort of understand him not leaving the house when he returned when the company was in trouble because he would have to much on his plate at that moment but he should have moved out when the company stabilized or Young Jae was captured and all. If he is still there to this day even if he uses another room is unfair to the all parties involved and you can be sure that Dani won't tell her SiL if ever asked about how he is doing. She will tell her that he is doing well and all so poor Sunae might be under the impression that he and Juran might have gotten back together and all. Juran certainly isn't going to help matters by telling her the truth if they ever meet up and all.

Someone brought up the looks of how different the ages of the Aunt and Hyeri seem compared to the fact that the Aunt was pregnant before Hyeri. Am going to say that isn't really all that important as we know the truth and I am going to say in real life it just may not be all that easy to get children of the right ages and all. So in this case let your imagination do the talking and thinking. It really won't affect the story at this point. For instance I was watching an episode of some drama where one of the people knew the male lead when he was a young boy and all but then we had this time jump where the lead has all grown up into a young man while that person looks still the same and all. So according to drama laws the other person is supposed to be older to the male lead but in real life the male lead was older than her. But as long as the thought is conveyed one gets the idea to make their own opinions and all. So at this point I don't think that it really is a game changer for me atleast.

@valsava I know your frustration for losing a post. Better luck next time. It has happened to me a few times especially when I forget to copy and paste my posts from another word document or so :(

@808lostmc I am glad that my advice was useful for once and you are welcome anytime.

@sk0317 don't know if I should congratulate you for the snow or be sad that one might have to suffer the cold. I guess witnessing snow for the first time must be an interesting experience but after a while it becomes part of the norm. For instance when I was a kid I apparently witnessed snowfall but as of now I have simply no real recollection of it or of even how it felt like. I can probably imagine that it was really cold and amplify the normal cold that I experience by a factor of 10 perhaps? but the feel of the snow or anything in regards to that I simply have no real recollection. I would love to experience it once again sometime in my life. So for me it may be an interesting experience but like one said it isn't always the best especially if it is the norm and then it does lose it's charm for some as well. Such as you having to remove the snow from your car before it hardens and all.

@valeriesavage why the name change. What's wrong with your original Soompi ID? was it hacked or something? Either way welcome back? I say.

Well that will be all from my end for now and also probably be my last post for this thread. 138 pages not so bad. I guess hoping for it to reach 140 might be bit to much to ask :) I just like round figures just saying. Not that it makes a difference I have fully enjoyed all of your comments so far in this thread and hope to bump into all of you into some future thread as well. I think @jimb may have been one of the reasons why I ended up posting as much as I did so thankyou for that and all of you for the kind advice when I wasn't doing so well. This shows that this is more than a thread about dramas but also about people and the bonds that they end up making. Hope that doesn't sound all that creepy. Also wondering if @jimb you plan on writing such recaps for any other drama that you watch. Will look forward to them. Meanwhile I should work out on my YamiYugi specials. I might just add them for some other dramas that I might end up watching and if people like them as much as they did over here. Any way till the future lets us choose our fate and guide us back together for the love of Korean Dramas and all. Most probably I will be in the next thread of the KBS Daily as that is the only chanel that is legally available to me and all. Though that won't stop me from watching some other show if possible though that might depend on how fast they get subbed on all those other sites and all. Thanks for your time and posts. Going to miss all of you. :)

Am I the only one that found it strange that SA in labor stayed at home to give brith and not go to the hospital with MS when he was taking a sick DY as a baby to the doctor?  Shouldn't all of them been heading to the hospital?  This drama is a mess....lol!

@jimb

OHH?  I guess I missed about it.   Well then it definitely sounds like the ghost didn’t want the Village Rep going after SA.   (Here is my 2 cents) The writers(&PD) put out a fake love line(or a real one?)  with SA and MS to add more  complication in the plot line , and to stir more bewilderment in our brains.  When SA and MS headed into some kind of relationship, we knew DY (SA’s SIL) & DT(MS’s son) was like a couple and SW(SA’s daughter) was eyeballing DT.   Our writers ditched a birth secret which is the hallmark of daily  and weaved the drama with bizarre, tangled twist of interconnections among 3 families.  One of the reasons I got hooked into TUF was that I was curious how things would unfold, for example like DY dating DT and DY’s former finance, YJ, married to HR, DT’s sis etc…   I wondered whether the Korean viewers were more bewildered by the plot lines.  Koreans have very rigid social codes ( like some mentioned about Korean taboo in some relationships).  So when aunt and niece were going after the same guy, they might feel appalled but at the same time perhaps curious how things would head out?  

I wonder about TUF’s high ratings and perhaps TUF had attracted many k-viewers from the provinces outside of Seoul/other big cities as the main theme of TUF was about country versus a big city.   One country girl(DY) came to Seoul because she needed help for her family, and the other(SW) came because she wanted to escape country living and so on…    Also the dialogue appeared to be simple and uncomplicated and not so heavy and melodramatic.   I have a feeling that many k-viewers are well versed in kdramas so that they can spot a kdrama with something unique or different from other competitors. 

@sk0317

I like how you look at the Ghost character. I was a bit puzzled and wondered why the Ghost was in the drama and how he was portrayed. I didn’t think the Ghost was that major of a character.  Sometimes he made an appearance in a strange way like in HR/YJ’s honeymoon night.  But you brought the Ghost in a new perspective and that’s insightful.  You are right that the drama started with the Ghost(MS) and ended with him.   I see this invisible thread of the Ghost beginning to end. I wonder whose idea of having the Ghost character like that was.   It could be the writers or PD or both but I feel perhaps the Ghost wasn’t just accidental character but was put there for a reason( musing/laughter/a silly joke among themselves…?)     

I just realized that the Ghost(Kang Man Soo) and DT’s dad, Sul Min Suk have the same MS.  Are they meant to be with SA??    So funny yet agree about prescribing some mulberry leaf kimchi to cure brain dead in DY’s.   hahaha    About DY/DT wedding, I was glad it didn’t linger. I completely lost any interest in their love line.  However you talked about their earlier chemistry.  Yes I was hooked by that chemistry which showed a tint of immaturity, innocence, sweet and bubbly.   After with SW, DT seemed more grown up and mature (sort of boring)    I guess in a kdrama logic DT has to grow and mature so that he can be ready for life and relationship blah blah.    But to me OTP keeping those things(immaturity, innocence, sweet and bubbly) can be attractive in k-universe because we know those things don’t exist in reality.      

PS  About SJH’s interview articles, I’m sorry they are in Korean but if you have time/interest, you can have Japanese google translation?  English google translation for Korean can be wild but translation between Korean and Japanese can be close perhaps?? 

For those of us disappointed with the lack of DT/DY interaction during their wedding, here is a BTS clip. SJH and LSA were cute together. :) If you're impatient like me, you may want to fast forward a little,  the duo appears in the latter part.

18 minutes ago, sgfan said:

For those of us disappointed with the lack of DT/DY interaction during their wedding, here is a BTS clip. SJH and LSA were cute together. :) If you're impatient like me, you may want to fast forward a little,  the duo appears in the latter part.

:wub: SJH looks really nice and smart in a tux! Many thanks for the IG clip and I watched the whole clip:). The expression on JR's face:lol:.

Are you watching a new drama @sgfan? Are you experiencing any TUF withdrawal symptoms:P?

I cannot believe it but this absolutely bad drama is finally over!

Well not yet for me since KBS World is late by a few episodes but after reading about what happened in the last episode, I think I will give it a miss.

May I nominate the following for awards...

Worst acting - everyone most esp DY, HR and JR with their one dimensional expressions of surprise, anger and disgust.

Worst script - the writers!

Worst direction - the director!

Least vain actress - the lady who plays DY for allowing her facial features to contort in such unpleasant spasms each time she cries, is surprised or expresses anger!

Best acting by a ghost - who else but the ghost!

For putting the Korean people and their society in such an unflattering light (really, is this how business is conducted? Is this how smart the detectives are? Is this how rich people treat people below their income level? Etc etc) - this drama wins hands down! 

And finally, for best forum and wittiest, funniest, nicest forum members - All of you lovely people who made the time spent watching this drama really worthwhile!

Thank you all!

1 hour ago, sk0317 said:

:wub: SJH looks really nice and smart in a tux! Many thanks for the IG clip and I watched the whole clip:). The expression on JR's face:lol:.

Are you watching a new drama @sgfan? Are you experiencing any TUF withdrawal symptoms:P?

I'm glad you enjoyed watching the clip :) Agree that SJH looks really dashing and dapper in a tux :wub:

Surprisingly, I am not experiencing any TUF withdrawal syndrome. I guess I'm just really glad it's over :lol:. This is quite unlike me, as I tend to rewatch entire shows lol. 

I've yet to start on another drama. Work has recently been draining me of my energy. So now I choose to drop KD in exchange for more sleep. 

I did watch a little of Lee Min Ho's new show. However it failed to get me interested enough to want to watch the next episode. Any recommendations @sk0317?

12 minutes ago, sgfan said:

I'm glad you enjoyed watching the clip :) Agree that SJH looks really dashing and dapper in a tux :wub:

Surprisingly, I am not experiencing any TUF withdrawal syndrome. I guess I'm just really glad it's over :lol:. This is quite unlike me, as I tend to rewatch entire shows lol. 

I've yet to start on another drama. Work has recently been draining me of my energy. So now I choose to drop KD in exchange for more sleep. 

I did watch a little of Lee Min Ho's new show. However it failed to get me interested enough to want to watch the next episode. Any recommendations @sk0317?

Lee Min Ho in The Legend of The Blue Sea? I read the synopsis and decided to give it a miss. I am currently "watching (I skip a few minutes, forward, watch a little and skip again:lol:)":

1. The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop (I like LDG)
  2. Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (Eye candy: Nam Joo Hyuk:lol:)
  3. Oh My Geum Bi (the child actress's acting is superb but the story is too emotionally draining I might stop watching:tears:)
  4. Always Spring (you have two villains against the lead actress which kind of puts me off:sweatingbullets:)
  5. Golden Pouch (I find the plot too cliche:sweatingbullets:)

Apart from TGOWTS, I don't watch the full episodes of all of the above dramas due to time constraints:sweatingbullets:.

I can't believe we are only two days away from December! How time flies:sweatingbullets:. I hope you will manage to find time to enjoy an occasional good drama and more importantly sleep and rest before getting back to work again:)@sgfan. Please take great care of yourself!

Just a note to let you know that raw versions of the first two episodes of the successor drama Shining Eun Soo, as well as an Eng Sub version of the first episode, have been posted on Youtube and a Soompi forum on this drama is now active. 

Also, there are some interesting posts on the Laurel Tree Tailors forum.

@jechoi1  Also, did you notice that all of the female characters looked much more attractive in the wedding sequence than during the preceding 148 episodes.  Or do my eyes deceive me?  Maybe they brought in a new makeup team or just let the actresses apply their own makeup . . .

hmmm  so   sw  mother did not marry  dt  father. lol  all  his  feeling was  gone. but now he is back living  with her .lolol. grrr. sw&CJ is  together, DT  got  DY. YJ  became a father  and  stayed with his  marriage.   many  con  men and  women from  other  parts of the  world wish  they  could shed   some tears and kneel and say  sorry  will not get them jailed. they  all want to  move  to  south  korea.lolol  ah  life...  hugs     to  all of  you.  happy  christmas.

1 hour ago, jimb said:

@jechoi1  Also, did you notice that all of the female characters looked much more attractive in the wedding sequence than during the preceding 148 episodes.  Or do my eyes deceive me?  Maybe they brought in a new makeup team or just let the actresses apply their own makeup . . .

Actually, I didn't.  What I noticed was that SamWol is still using a foundation/BB cream that makes her look really ashy.  She's not the first actress I've seen do this and I keep wondering why the director or cameraman or someone doesn't tell the actress that her makeup color is all wrong.  Second, I was wondering why SA (Danyi's sister-in-law) looks like she got up from working the fields and just put a hanbok on.  First, her hanbok is very plain.  Hanboks can be plain, of course, but not a wedding hanbok.  Compare SA's hanbok to the DY's mother's hanbok.  Of course, SA is not the mother of the bride, but as a very close family member, you'd think that her place in the family would be reflected in the hanbok.  Second, SA looks the way that I or my mom does on new year's day.  See, we are up early cooking rice cake soup and then we throw our hanbok on on top of our regular clothes when it's time for the bowing ceremony.  And that's what SA looks like--no makeup, hair just tied back instead of being done.

Archived