[Drama 2016] Beautiful Mind 뷰티풀 마인드

Prettysup

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes PSD the lead :) @Mico RiccoRicco yey for up and coming star lots potential

Thanks for the updates @prettysup:wub:

For those mot fiamiliar with her I suggest you watch Because It's The First Time one of my favorite dramas of 2015 most viewers don't know about the drama but its a gem! .  PSD she's so endearing and charming and sweet really good acting .

9 hours ago, standingtallyy said:

Ditto to all. I'm as guilty as you are, terrible in remembering the names. But after nearly three years of watching Kdramas, I'm getting (slowly) better at it. @Gerry58, I watched 100 Years Legacy but I can't  recall of the above actress role there..

This will be a different Park Seyoung role we will see on small screen. At least not the evil Hye Sang :D.

It will be interesting to see the on screen chemistry of JH and PSD considering the age gap. She is 23 and he is in late 30's or must be 40. Anyway, they'll probably make her look mature. I just noticed it lately in one current weekend drama, an older actress is being paired off with a younger actor, making her dress and act like she is in her early twenties (actress is most likely in 29 or 30) -it doesn't look good. I admit others can pull it off but not on this one.That's just me..

@standingtallyy- 100 years legacy, she acted as the rich girl eugene's husband married after divorcing her. She gave her mum-in-law hell. The actor who played her hubby ended getting married with her in real life. This is the drama they fell in love. Her hubby is also a great actor. He was a very good villain in I remember you 

PSD is 24, jang hyuk 39, they have a 15 years age gap. I know some people don't like this kind of pairing but seems very common now eg marriage contract, doctors , shine or go crazy, etc

Jang hyuk still look very dashing, (think he keeps fit) better than some younger actors and PSD may look more mature than her age, so they may pull it off. 

Here's a news about 3 upcoming KBS dramas to look forward to - Beautiful Mind, Moonlight drawn by clouds, and Uncontrollably Fond. It says how the station has been enjoying good ratings recently with DOTS and Neighbourhood Lawyer, after the previous low ratings of Moorim School.

201605041754771537_5729bb1022dc0.jpg

Credit : http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=4239058

On 5/4/2016 at 8:45 PM, Prettysup said:

@valsava I am also bad with names haha.. sometimes when I watch a drama, I don't even know the lead characters names. I will refer to them by their occupations in the drama eg that teacher etc.

@Gerry58 About their relationship... so far here is what we have:

Hospital staff : Jang Hyuk, Yoon Hyun Min, Heo Joon Ho (doctors) , Park Se Young (researcher), Oh Jung Se (hospital director)

Police staff : Park So Dam, Yoo Jae Myung (detectives)

Politician : Ryu Seong Soo (assemblyman)

Only unknown is Shim Yi Yong.. maybe another hospital staff or related to the politician?

@Prettysup  I do the same.. They are known by they occupation until I learn they names in my daily's watching.. To many characters to try and remember them all in one go..

15 hours ago, standingtallyy said:

Ditto to all. I'm as guilty as you are, terrible in remembering the names. But after nearly three years of watching Kdramas, I'm getting (slowly) better at it. @Gerry58, I watched 100 Years Legacy but I can't  recall of the above actress role there..

This will be a different Park Seyoung role we will see on small screen. At least not the evil Hye Sang :D.

It will be interesting to see the on screen chemistry of JH and PSD considering the age gap. She is 23 and he is in late 30's or must be 40. Anyway, they'll probably make her look mature. I just noticed it lately in one current weekend drama, an older actress is being paired off with a younger actor, making her dress and act like she is in her early twenties (actress is most likely in 29 or 30) -it doesn't look good. I admit others can pull it off but not on this one.That's just me..

Wasn't she the one that liked the old music teacher in that drama ?

@Prettysup- hope this drama do well and continue kbs winning streak. I like the casts :)

Moorim school I didn't watch cos I don't like the actors. Will watch Neighbourhood Lawyers cos I know the lead actor is good and a lot of good reviews. 

@valsava- Sorry, which drama u referring to? 

Will try and check out Kim woo bin and park bogum's dramas too 

News today explaining why our female lead PSD took so long to confirm. Apparently since the drama she is currently filming, "Cinderella and the 4 knights" is a pre-produced one, they need to make sure that there won't be any broadcasting conflict of that one with "Beautiful Mind". 

201605060756778356_572bd162a5d8f.jpg

Source : http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110409310

Ok lots of controversy surrounding our female lead yesterday and today, so let me try to sort out the confusion.

Yesterday, the production company of Cinderella and the 4 knights (the pre-produced drama she is currently filming), HB entertainment, had blamed her for being 'not responsible". Apparently her decision to join Beautiful Mind cast as jeopardized their chances to secure a broadcasting station for their drama, since it is not likely for an actress to appear in 2 dramas concurrently.

Today, someone says that Cinderella and the 4 knights had never been in the 3 main broadcasting stations and TVN's consideration lists for this year at all. Then another person says that they have only filmed 10 out of 16 episodes so far, and the scripts for the remaining episodes have not even been completed. Hence it is unlikely that they can finish filming this by May as earlier stated.

KBS then stated that they are willing to wait till end May for PSD as the role really suits her well. Also filming cannot commence yet since the male lead JH is tied up by filming in China till end May anyway.

So do we have a female lead for this drama now? Will it still be PSD or someone else will take over? We have to wait and see...

20160510000307_0640.jpg

Source : http://www.newsway.kr/view.php?tp=1&ud=2016051016274019155

http://www.segye.com/content/html/2016/05/09/20160509003698.html

@Prettysup I hope the production team of Beautiful Mind will consider maybe an open audition or offer to other actress and not just PSD. That way to avoid conflicts. Or better yet, offer the lead role to Park Seyoung :D. I did watch SD's recent Web drama  BITFT, she was very likeable there, the story itself was good, the whole cast were, actually. Like the TV adaptation of My Sassy Girl, it's open for audition to all women aged in early to late 20's actress/actress wannabes/ students.

I hope they will not limit their choice only on PSD.There are a lot of good rookie actresses, who like her is just waiting for their breaks. I mean, they have the lead actor, second leads and supporting casts, TV network and airtime. It's all ready to go.

Archived