[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

There, I finally changed the title. Personally I'm really tempted to just change it to Banana Milk couple though. :P

Still looking for content to put in the front page though. Feel free to PM me things that I've missed/things you want to put in there. Artwork/Gifs/links to interesting Ddongi-related sites welcome! :)

Some things that were posted here that would be nice to feature:

- That video playlist of them outside of WGM

- That cool instagram account where the fan edited them into photos

I'll try to work on this one every now and then. Expect to see changes, but don't expect to see them all at once! :D

• Like 15

thanks for the positive and good review ,i noticed at mbc facebook that they are always posting about ddong couple maybe because they really got a lot of likes and views i can see that they are favoring our couple they rarely post about 33 couple maybe because 33 couple show alraedy alot of skinships while ddong couple you can see alot of naive and cuteness?

I also noticed eric nam is always confessing that she likes solar...aka kim yong sun

Popularity of this couple rise really up after chuseok during chuseok ratings got 5.5

• Like 10

@97jbombs Hello, welcome to the thread! Agree with most of your words, but yup I think both Eric & Solar are still pursuing their career right now. And looking at some celebs who wanted to be casted in WGM until now, I think one of the reasons (other than to promote themselves) they wanted to join WGM is like you said, to feel "dating"-like experience. Moreover, WGM is a safe option, since fans know that it's a virtual marriage. Another strong reason, I think because they could go on a trip in WGM, which is a difficult thing to do for celebs. And I don't know if WGM really favors our couple or not, I'm happy if they're treated well by MBC :)

@enko20 Thank you for reading and liking my thoughts! :D Yeah, I believe they will still in a good relationship after this, although it would be hard to see them in a frame together like now.

@onlybeagles You're welcome! Thanks for your gif-filled post too! :wub:

5 hours ago, Ira Ajja said:

*for fun...mbc choose dubai coz the city have same first letter with ddongie. D ~ Ddongi - Dubai 

Caocao - China, Samsam - Switzerland, Taebom - Thailand

@Ira Ajja Hahaha you're creative! :D 

@Le_Sanguinea It's a good start by changing this thread's name! B) I've noticed from back then that there's a typo in "eric nam" tag. Now it's resolved :)

-----

Just noticed when I backtracked this thread, the account owner who posted her selca with her husband & Eric-Solar in Dubai (page 193 of this thread) has made her IG account to private :o Hope the reason isn't because of updating photo with our couple :mellow:

The Visit Dubai posted another blog post filled with our couple's screenshots on the latest episode. I haven't read the writings though.
http://dubaiblog.kr/220838531962

You can also watch the latest <Law of The Jungle> with english sub!

And remember the second time Eric wore his bagpack from Moonbyul? I think it's either when he came from Hongkong, since his outfit at the fantaken photo is same with the outfit he wore at his "Doctor Strange" interview.

Spoiler

-----

Catching up with their updates!

• Solar on October 15th-16th
    (Solar has a fansite named "Doremifasola(r)", while Eric has a fansite named "Yundoremifasola". What a good coincidence :lol:)
  • Eric on October 16th

• Like 10

@Ira Ajja @NamSeoYeon18 Agree with you. I saw a fan account which posted that the plane tickets cost around 5-6M krw and based on the preview, if i'm not mistaken, i think they stayed in the private beachfront villa at one&only the palm which is a very expensive and luxurious accommodation. ^_^  It was a very luxurious trip indeed. :lol:

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Farfalle said:

Just noticed when I backtracked this thread, the account owner who posted her selca with her husband & Eric-Solar in Dubai (page 193 of this thread) has made her IG account to private :o Hope the reason isn't because of updating photo with our couple :mellow:

She has re-enabled it. I also thought about that too, but apparently that's not the case? I'm surprised though, usually this kind of IG post would not be up for long, but maybe because these two are not related to Ddongie in anyway so it's okay.

3 hours ago, Farfalle said:

And remember the second time Eric wore his bagpack from Moonbyul? I think it's either when he came from Hongkong, since his outfit at the fantaken photo is same with the outfit he wore at his "Doctor Strange" interview.

Eric seems to wear this backpack very openly, huh? Well I guess not many people actually know where it came from unless they watch WGM. I would be happy too if one of those days we see Solar wear hers as well.

• Like 9

Word @97jbombs u totally verbalised (in this case typed out) my thoughts too. I m pretty sure that have their personal and career motivated intention for wgm. While this still serve the original purpose I m sure they will press on. The latest episode was gem :wub:

Agree with @Ira Ajja on Eric's friends for house warming... It will be fun

What else can our couple do?

- double date?

- visit parents

- Eric supporting mamamoo comeback

- solar's sister or Eric's brother hang out

- babysitting kids

Anything else to add :) (thinking ahead for PD nim)

• Like 11

hello all :)

ah finally i'm finish read all of your incredible thought and sweet comment from page 191 (i write my comment on 3 am in my local timekkk)

i've been busy with the deadlines of coming project but it's worth to come here :) (since a lot of notif from this thread on my email and it's hard to read it through phone i need to steal my sleep time to read kkkk)

First of all i would like to say appreciation to @enko20 for her writing (i wish i have ability to deliver my English as good as you), i really like the way you describe about Eric, and i'm waiting for Solar and them as a couple :) (good job sister!!). You must searching a lot. 

i must agree with @Le_Sanguinea deeper personality analyses (seriously i'm impressed with you!!!). Eric can be like that too. I think i'm quite similar in case that the introvert can disguise as extrovert person. (Please correct me if i'm wrong, i only use my personal observation through my social environment and not taking proper study) Introvert spend their time by her/his self alone, floating in their thought, watching their surrounding, and yes they're can develop more empathy. I adore the extrovert as well. Human psychology is interesting to subject to explore :) . Base from your analyses, i think Eric and Solar actually have a common personality so they can connect well. They do a hilarious things together, take each other joke well (eventhough most of people said that Solar didn't quite understand Eric jokes), sang a song together, immediately followed each other act and so on, just like Bbyu and Solim (my personal point of view for couples that gave me the vibe that their personality clicked together).Congratulation @Le_Sanguinea in charge of this thread kkkk. I love your idea about milk couple but Solar must be so proud with "Ddongie" so does Eric which got hurt (?) simply still hold a little grudge to JinKyung for accidentally dissing about Dung. For @LavelyShai thank you for making this thread so that Ddongie Fam could gather and sharing about Solar and Eric here. Seriously for starting this thread we owe you a lot.

@papaxmoo welcome new detective. Glad you join us, as well as the other newbie. (Please forgive me for not mentioning your name one by one, but i'm really happy you could join and give us your thought XD)

@97jbombs couldn't agree more with your thought! Well done :) and welcome here. You too @Farfalle. @onlybeagles, @zurah90, and @cinnaminskies always waiting for your review (filled with lovely gift kkkk)

from the gift posted before, slowly we can see what exactly Solar feel grateful to Eric and what she want Eric to feel as well as her. 

Spoiler

Solar initiated the hugs first, and she so bold with this!!!

Eric just smiling like a fool LOL. We can see how he expressed how touched he is in BRI from his body languages. An those fool smile. (Can't stop grinning)

They took selcas a lot. I love 2 pose after Titanic pose looks so funny. Seriously they keep their memories well (in their phone, wedding pictures, polaroid pictures, and their photos always turn out good! aahhh i don't want to talk about ending yet.

They used their wedding ring, they used the pyjamas that Mamamoo's member gave them before, Eric took the backpack with him. Just saying it's a good thing to mention

The mystery of them holding hand maybe we can find the answer on the next eps. The staff really pay attention to ddongie couple progress and highlighting the hold hand moment. Yep maybe they're to hungry to think about holding hand matter LOL. Seriously ddongie is not ddongie without food.

Eric prepare yourself better, Youngsun is ready to touching you (just like in Mamamoo). You'll have a more "love arrow" in each eps.

Just my personal opinion : WGM might be a big chance to boast the idol carrier, but it won't work if the idol itself don't have a magnet to attract fans, otherwise this show can really bring haters (as Yewon). But also we can't deny the fact that mostly idol who join WGM, is almost near with their comeback and usually that's becoming the reason why they leaving WGM (the other reason is because the couple don't have anything more to explore in the stage of relathionship). Eric and Solar is becoming the magnet of the show now (33 couple and taemi also great) but i mean how they give the the viewer extra performance (mukbang, laughter, live singing, almost real couple progress which hardly seen in the history of WGM), not only the viewer i think the staff and panelist would be sad if they leave. 

RBW is not a strict agency so does Eric label as he is a personal singer, so the decision in depend on them. As long as they enjoyed and pleased, the show won't end soon. Or even if the show end, i wish they still contact each other and rely on each other. @iraajja it will be gread if they continue the show and do your list :)

• Like 12

1. It's me or the BRI part for Ddongie is short compare to other couple? Ddongie usually do total 4/5 segment but the other couple took 6 segment, even from the start of their eps.

2. Did you guys notice, almost of places that Ddongie couple visit in their eps, in the end they endorses Ddongie (and their place) let me remind you :

the cafe in Hongdae, second cafe where Solar and eric eat churros, mango drink store in jeju, the mukbang place, the diy, dubai travel. Or maybe they're fan like us LOL

3. In the preview Eric will use all back hair which is Solar style lol

4. Seriously MBC at least you should keep them till MBC Ent Award, make them as best couple and let them do duet!

*(lowkey) can Ddongie just marry each other someday (ignore this one)

Solar and Eric were shooting in exit 14 on that time, that explain why there were little pre travel pictures of them 

Sorry for my grammar and vocab mistakes, hope you'll understand my crack English 

Ppyong ~~~

• Like 8

@maeryl Woah, good information, chingu!

@enko20 Oh, that's a good thing then :) Yeah, and I think his fans also don't monitor WGM, so they don't know about it. It's a good thing though :D Yeah, looking forward to see Solar wears it too. Btw, fighting for your next writing! 

@Ira Ajja @macaroonjunkie Housewarming is a good idea, since they haven't held a housewarming (but is the episode with panelists considered a housewarming?). Meeting with each other's family members or friends are good too, but surely it would be hard to match the schedule of their friends (especially their celeb friends) with their own busy schedules. Time-wise, I think it could be Eric's support for MAMAMOO's comeback or maybe Eric's birthday celebration?

@Le_Sanguinea I get them from the official site (http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/wedding/photo/), but I have to right-click and "Inspect" (if your browser is Chrome), and then find the link of the picture from the HTML codes :sweatingbullets: I think this site will be easier, since you can just share the pictures normally. For the gifs, I don't know if these are the ones that you want, but I hope it helps a bit :) 

@407801baby Thanks for enjoying my long post! :) I didn't pay attention their number of BRI honestly, but the positive side is we got more of their filming footage :D And 4-5 with 6 BRIs aren't that different though? Haha. Actually, the places they visited surely will use Eric & Solar's popularity to boost more customers. I remember that after their eating broadcast episode, many people posted that they ate at the restaurants they visited in Itaewon. The power of our Ddongi couple B) 

KT8xHtu.gif

• Like 10

@Le_Sanguinea here are some of the gifs I've made of them!

Spoiler

i-wanna-die-2.0_zpsmkweattu.gif

coolio-poolio_zpsqcff6paz.gif

dsfflkjlkjdf_zpslp3llv0c.gif

kiss-me_zpsifsgaqbz.gif

I also hope they stay until the MBC awards. I know Solar's schedule's about to get really busy, but We Got Married definitely feels like it's a relaxing and fun thing for her. For instance, all the MooMoos were worried she was overworked going to Dubai but all she really did was sleep and drink and eat and have the kind of fun she probably wouldn't have been able to have outside of WGM. Also, it's not like they're off doing strenuous things like a few of the other couples; the usual Solar/Eric episode consists of them going out to eat (important because Mamamoo often says their managers have to remind them to eat during comeback season because they're so busy!), hanging around at home, or doing something new and fun that's not too hard.

I also believe they're going to stick around a little longer, especially since their popularity has skyrocketed after Chuseok and My Ear's Candy happened. The staff adores them, and the viewers seem to too, which I think is actually helped by the fact some of Eric's fans refuse to acknowledge the show's existence (not many negative comments about them!). Still, even if they don't, I'm pretty confident they're going to remain friends, especially since Eric has admitted they're in frequent contact with each other outside the show - keep in mind that even if they get really busy during Solar's comeback, not having enough time to record an episode doesn't necessarily mean they won't have enough time to text each other.

Either way, I'm excited about the new changes to this forum and also for @enko20's upcoming post on Solar (even as a fan of hers I have a little trouble reading her emotions/personality, so it'll be interesting to see what you have to say about her). 

• Like 12

I agree with most of you beautiful faces in regards to why Eric and Yongsun joined WGM, for promotional purposes and personal reasons. In my humble opinion I don't think Eric's that old because in Korea there is one year added to the age so sometimes they are said to be one or two years older than they actually are, Eric is still 27 turning 28(Yongsun is 25). They both started to pursue their singing/entertaining careers later compared to the majority, so settling down is really not something they can do right now. They gotta hustle while they are popular. Fame and popularity is seasonal so you must grab it by the bullocks and put your head down booty up(excuse my Aussie expressions). Eric is grinding so hard this year, I remember watching one of his interviews where he said he was only in Korea for 3 days that month and they were to film WGM(he said 'tv show' but I assume it was) my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets!

In my humble opinion for smaller companies like RBW who don't have a load of active popular artists, Mamamoo is one of their pioneers. The money maker, along with their other active artists they are the ones bringing in the cash to help train and fund their other yet to debut hoobaes as well. I'm saying they have to hustle that little bit harder, it's still early in their debut years(I'm comparing them to someone like Taeyeon, pretty much everything she touches turns into gold). I have no doubts that Mamamoo will reach that level one day, it's only a matter of time.

Yongsun's sister is back this month! I hope they get to spend lots of time together, whether she guests on WGM or not, although I think if she did guest then it's like killing two birds with one stone. Sister time and 'working' all at once for Yongsun. :D:D:D

As for Eric wearing their couple backpack, they both mentioned they can never throw away anything anyone has ever given to them so for Eric I think it's a non issue. Like he wears his wedding ring and engagement ring(assuming cause there's two) casually sometimes. Unless there's a major uproar in his fans I don't think he's overly concerned about it cause then it'll just be a bag that holds a bunch of (great) memories that he doesn't get to use.

Noticed Eric accepted the free champagne :lol::lol::lol:

Spoiler

%C1%A6%B8%F1_%BE%F8%C0%BD3.png?type=w966

Screenshot_147.png

he getting turnt up hahaha

Fam! Ddongi's Ear Candy has reached over 735K! (that's better than Eric's Into You MV, I honestly think the view count is glitching on that thing)

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, cinnaminskies said:

Eric update!

He hits on a lot of the stuff @enko20 mentioned in the analysis post!

this was a really great video, what he says is quite inspiring. I noticed he was eating mexican food and thought maybe he shot it at his favourite mexican place where Ddongi mukbang took place...

Spoiler

Screenshot_(148).png

Screenshot_(149).png

Screenshot_(150).png

Screenshot_(151).png

Screenshot_(152).png

there is an upstairs area I think but alas I don't think it was the same restaurant although I think it IS Eric's idea to go to a mexican place hahaha :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Le_Sanguinea said:

Quick question: Where do you guys get decent copies of their preview pics from past episodes? Also, can you guys link me to gifs of them doing anything together? I know you guys have a lot, but I can't backtrack all of them. :P

Thanks! :D

Here is the link to all the gifs I've made for Ddongie couple: :)

---------
@papaxmoo That is... an interesting idiom lol, but it makes perfect sense. Have you seen Eric's interview with Fuse TV? Here

http://www.fuse.tv/videos/2016/07/we-got-married-btob-sungjae-eric-nam-interview-kcon-2016

You can really understand his perspective of WGM and marry life from this interview. Basically he said that WGM is fun yet "bizarre" at the same time (I do see where he's coming from). Also he said that his dad want him to settle down and get married but he's not thinking about it at this point. I like his mature and responsible view about it, so you should have a listen. :rolleyes:

Oh and...

Spoiler

All you have to do is copy&paste the entire youtube link and it will automatically be embedded for you.

@407801baby Thank you for liking my writing. I agree with you about the "magnet" thing. I'm glad that Eric and Solar both have very clean reputation, because who knows how many WGM couples have been forced to leave and not only that, get dragged through the mud by angry mobs because of some scandals they caused (Yewon is the most recent example). Only when you've seen other couples that you can really appreciate how unique Ddongie couple is with their style of relationship, but I will leave the full comparison up to Mr.Lemon the owner of our thread haha.

Even though WGM is still a variety show, it's not a strenuous one like Running Man, LoTJ, 2 Days 1 Night etc. A lot of people have seen this show as an excuse to get away from their busy celebrity life to have fun and to have the feelings of being able to date a guy/girl that most of them usually can't have (because of dating bans). That's why you see all kind of idols keep coming here haha.

@Farfalle Ahh so that's how you've been getting the pictures. I've been wondering how to actually get them directly. Thank you.

@cinnaminskies Yes I also wish for them to get to that point so we can really see how Eric supports Solar's comeback, and most importantly, what she would do for Eric's birthday (this was on my wishlist for the 1st event we had a long time ago).

As for housewarming? Yeah it would be pretty difficult to set up something like that. I do want them to be able to do some kind of event with what they set up at their house though. Eric spent hours pumping that inflatable pool and the only thing they've done was to sit in there with just them two, that's kinda sad lol.

• Like 9

I transcribed a part of what Eric said in that video because I thought it might be interesting and relevant to our discussion:

"When I put out a song or I'm on TV or I do different things, people will always have an opinion. Completely fair because that's what my job is. I put music out, I put content out, and people have a reaction to it. It could be good or bad. But for me, at that moment, that was what I was most comfortable with, that's what I was most confident with."

• Like 9

@Le_Sanguinea thanks and congrats for taking over this thread :thumbsup: and 

Spoiler

this is the link to all ddongi gifs i've made til this point

http://imgur.com/a/3zinl

some are irrelevant but hope this helps! :)

======

And just as many chingus mentioned already, our couple really has still SOO much to do but on top of my list would be their collab
Since both of them have heavenly voices, just imagine how AHHHHHH-MAZING their collab would be, when their "my ear's candy" perf (with only 30 mins of practice) was that great already

And about meeting their parents, i highly doubt it (but still hoping), or atleast Yongsun's side, since all Mamamoo members are really secretive and private regarding their families.. 

And about their friends, it'd be really great if that meeting happens but we all know both their social circles are celebrities and thus are all quite busy. But since we've seen it happen on previous couples with celebrity friends, there's still a possibility ^^

And as i mentioned earlier, how great would it be to see Eric supporting MMM's comeback. We will see Mamamoo members again on WGM, and just imagine how chaotic it will be (again ^^)

As well as Eric's birthday... i mean, we've been seeing Yongsun doing all these sweet things to him lately, and we probably all wonder what she'll do on his birthday:wub: (and sadly, i dont want to think about this, but we might not see them anymore on Yongsun's birthday on February TT)

I actually just saw the video @enko20 chingu posted, today, and i'm still amazed at how mature and wise Eric is specially regarding marriage, and what struck me the most was when he said "...the moment you get married, you're not living alone. Everything you do, you have to factor in another person. And the likes and the dreams and aspirations of that other person as well. And if everything's in sync in that sense, there should be no problem...." 

• And i might be on my super delulu mode but we've seen/heard both of them say how they match with each other well, how Yongsun is becoming Eric's ideal type (probably already is^^), how they are very much into their careers and music, etc (likes, dreams and aspirations CHECK) They really are in sync with each other, and there should be no problem, right? :phew:
  • Like 11

Hello chingus!!!! Wassup??!! There are a lot of updates and sharing of thoughts and opinions, and I'm loving it. I read all your posts, sorry if I can't make a reply for everyone. :sweatingbullets:

I'll just post some of my thoughts about the latest episode:

• FACT: Eric's favorite Mamamoo song is Um Oh Ah Yeah! 
  • Kim Yong Sun never fails to amused me. Everytime there's something new to expect from this girl. I really loved her surprise event for Eric. Very sincere and genuine. The preparation is not perfect (especially the cake, which she set up on top of a trash bin, haha Yeba!) but I loved everything she did. When she sang "I'm In Love", it's not just Eric who fell for her, even me (I'm a girl) I fell hard for Kim Yong Sun. She sing it with full emotions and looking directly to Eric's eyes. The message. the hugs...everything! I loved it!!!
  • FACT: Solar's favorite drink is Mojito. (she mentioned this drink many times on the previous episodes)
  • Did she get drunk that's why she was knocked-out and slept the whole flight? hahaha
  • I loved that they took many many many photos, in their phones and I saw that polaroids on the table...hmmm! I hope MBC owuld upload some of it. And sid Eric said in his BRI that they have "a private time for themselves" hmmmm....:rolleyes:
  • Solar and Eric looks like Dubai royalties when they wore the costumes, especially Solar. She's soo pretty!! I'm shooked!!! :lol:
  • The HHWW (holding hands while walking) This is where I'm really curious about. They look so comfortable doing it but how did it happened? Who initiated first? What are they're reactions?? I hope MBC would show this! Please!!! And the BGM is Crazy Love by Kim Chui (Filipinos knows this song, hahaha)

Overall I sooooo love the Dubai episodes and I'm looking forward for the next ones!! Whoooooo Saturday please come faster!!! :w00t:

As for them leaving WGM, I don't think they're gonna leave soon (crossed-fingers). MBC would probably keep them until end of this year or early next year. Ddongi couple got a positive response from viewers ever since they joined the program and there are articels about them saying that they save the "failing ratings of the show". Their mukbang show "Ddongi Road" is also a hit! A lot of people came to the restaurants that they've been to. And recently their overflowing skinship at Chuseok special was also noticed and their performance for "My Ear's Candy" got millions of views at MBC Facebook page. Ddongi couple is famous and well-loved at Korea (the panelists loved them soooo much and even the ajussi in the airport knows that Solar is in WGM) . Everyone loves them except that there's just some of their fans are having issues about them being together in the show. So I don't think MBC would let go  of this powerful couple soon. Now it depends to Solar and Eric if they will continue amidst the hectic schedule that they will be having in the next months. And I hope they still continue and I pray at least until Solar's birthday. :)

That's all!!!

Ppyong~~~~~

• Like 13