Quantcast
Le_Sanguinea

[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

2 hours ago, Le_Sanguinea said:

To be honest, I find it quite amusing that you classified your points into "strengths and weakness" when for the most part, majority of the points you mentioned highlight the positive features of his character.  Not that I'm complaining mind you -  it's just that for me, *a proper dialectic would possibly include comparisons between his perceived weakness from an anti's point of view versus a fan's point of view. That way, we can highlight the differences in opinion and see if we can form a better picture than just viewing him from rose-colored glasses. That's not to say that your article is skewed exorbitantly towards Eric though; Anyone could tell that this was written by a fan, but it's objective enough to count as something that can be used as source material for future analysis of our couple. Great job! :D

Thank you for your very long and constructive feedback.I always find your opinions very interesting in that you seems to bring a lot of psychological explanations and personality archetype descriptions into play when voicing out your thoughts. Pardon me for asking if you don't mind since I'm curious, but do you perhaps have studied Psychology extensively as a student and/or have done works related to analyzing/consulting human behaviors before?  :huh:

And yes, I do realize in my opinion piece that it did quite shifted more toward highlighting Eric's strengths rather than his weaknesses. In fact, that was why I was concerned about my post in the first place. I think everyone can sense a bit of bias sneaking in there somewhere haha, but I'm an Eric stan so I really couldn't help myself :sweatingbullets:. Although, I do think that many people who have encountered Eric in real life would also in general have more good things to say about him than bad things, so I would like to think my opinion that I put out on text is also a reflection of that as well.

*You do have a good point about this one, maybe this will help me to write something more objective in the future. Oh and if you are looking for comparisons between antis vs supporters, you can be sure that I will talk about this when my opinion piece of Solar come along. Please look forward to it!

I found it amusing that the top comment on a k-net article regarding Eric's foray into WGM was "Eric Nam's too good for this show". What's more surprising was that the demographic for that comment were mostly male netizens.

Perhaps my memory fails me, but woah was it really mostly male? I thought that this opinion had to come from a majority of Eric's female fans, not out of logic, but rather out of jealousy tbh. It's interesting that even men would think like that. Since you're a guy, do you perhaps have any logical explanation for this opinion? Or is it just simply boil down to general negative perceptions of WGM?

This doesn't seem to be a problem in Eric's case though, as the mere fact that he mentioned back in their 2nd date that he wanted a competent partner means he was willing to give way for another person to help invest in the relationship by allowing her to take care of him, and vice-versa. That's one of the reasons why I love episodes where Solar takes the initiative in preparing events for Eric, because it's expected that Eric would always be the one to initiate because of his capable and gentlemanly image, but when Solar turns it the other way around, it defies his expectations. I still remember his initial surprise when he saw that promotional car on their 17th episode, it must've been a super Jjang moment for him when he saw what Solar prepared for that day. :lol:

------------

This is not uncommon - this is normal for them because introverts would rather have a good conversation with someone they click with than spend all their energy talking about random things under the sun. Incidentally, that's how you can differentiate an introvert from an extrovert using conversation, they have this ability to go from zero to super deep in conversational topics really quickly if they feel comfortable with you.

Sorry, I just feel like I should highlighting these points you said because after watching Ddongie couple before and especially after today's episode, I really have to say you are spot on with these points so much. I will talk more about this in my episode review later on after watching it with sub.  :)
------------
@abbychan Hello! It always make me happy to see lurkers coming out to join us, so welcome! :D Please come by often to share your love for Ddongie couple with us. :wub:

@zurah90 Thank you sis! I'm glad you like it. I'm also glad you're still lurking and showing love for Ddongie couple even though you're busy these days.And really, you don't have to spazz on a daily basis for us to know how much you are into them haha, just like how our couple don't have to explain everything to know they care about each other. Please keep coming by and join us whenever you can. :)

@papaxmoo Thank you for your kind words. Looking forward to hearing your opinions too.

-----------
EDIT: Sorry I have to let this out, but I honestly cried when I watched the event Solar did for Eric. That was such a heartfelt moment, and this was just the tip of the iceberg on what's about to come from this Dubai trip!

• Like 10

Okay let me just give this a try, forgive me if I make mistakes. First of all I think the trip might be sponsored, all that publicity from the Dubai kr ig travel agency? posted about them ect. which is great! Who else can say "work flew me to Dubai for a vacation"???(crazy moomoos really need to zip it) here's my random notes in order.

The way Eric looks at Yongsun in the preview at the beginning of the episode like he’s about to kiss her or at least he's thinking about it.

Spoiler

Screenshot_(119).png

Yongsun going around asking the airport staff herself for a favour, wah this girl and the way she scrunches up her face afterwards so cute.

Yongsun’s stream in frustration because of the candles, hahaha Yeba~~~ I feel your frustration you wanted it to be sweet and romantic but it would have been hard for Eric to hear you over the rain and shuffling airplanes.

The way Eric hugs Yongsun, pushing his head onto hers twice and the way he looks at her afterwards. So sincere, so genuine.

Spoiler

Screenshot_(121).pngScreenshot_(122).pngScreenshot_(123).png

I think he said in the BRI “I felt very thankful and sorry at the same time. It was beautiful.”

How adorable, Yongsun prepared so much even pyjamas? (Can you imagine her trying to guess his size? Or asking someone for Eric’s size? Even if someone else went and bought it she’d at least would have to ask them to, which I don’t think she did. Yongsun does a lot on her own) Even though the flight would have provided them with some anyway.

Oh my goodness when Eric tried to wake Yongsun up, you don’t have to worry on those flights fam. When you’re flying business you can order food whenever, you never have to worry about missing a meal.

Wow those day time lapses look amazing(totally not ddongi related but man they are tricky to do quite impressive, appreciation from a filmmaker).

Totally cracked up when Yongsun went “aigoo BOUNCE!” HAHAHA basically all the random English Yongsun says cracked me up, this mochi is too cute.

They have a knack and sense for transitions and video making. I think they would make quite good food and travel vloggers, they understand the basic mechanics which is key.

Recreating their chuseok rally challenge photos? They took so many instant photos! I think it’s for the marriage book Eric bought? Maybe they’ll have another heart to heart and put those photos in there too?

Spoiler

Screenshot_(124).pngScreenshot_(125).png

Once the man put the hijab on Yongsun and she said hello? not sure but the way she said it, so natural like it was her mother tongue.

Eric’s sheepish chuckle and his grin in the BRI after Yongsun was wearing the local clothing.

Spoiler

Screenshot_(126).png

This damn gentleman, it seems like he is paying for everything.

They HELD HANDS but I want to know WHO initiated it. TT3TT 

I don’t think those drinks were non-alcoholic well at least Eric’s wasn’t?

Yongsun must not like oysters, it seems she fed hers to Eric? Unless they got more?

Can’t help notice Yongsun and Eric’s eyes during their meal, it’s as if they’re falling in love……with the food.

Spoiler

Screenshot_(127).png

Preview:

OMG is Eric wearing a SKIRT and twirling around???!?! hahaha XD

Spoiler

Screenshot_(128).png

Eric throws himself across the bed, like ‘if I just cover as much of it as possible she can’t possibly avoid me. I noticed the other times Yongsun would keep a distance away from him when they were in the bedroom(house hunting, moving in eps which is understandable they just met)

Spoiler

Screenshot_(129).png

Look at the way Eric covers his grin cause there does Yongsun again touching his legs. Is he ticklish? Her random skinship is daebak.

Spoiler

Screenshot_(130).png

I shall read the other replies later fam, til then! I'll see you all on the other side of the subbed episode. ppyong!

Edit:

There's been some major lowkey hand holding in their first half of the day(I wasn't really sure if they were holding hands at first when the camera panned up with them in their full gear) :tears::tears::tears:. I checked the weather for the days that they were there, it was pretty hot mid 30s from what I remember. So their cheerful spirit is even more appreciated, I think they're just mesmerised by Dubai.

Spoiler

Screenshot_(131).pngScreenshot_(132).png

Edited by papaxmoo
  • Like 10

I haven't seen the whole episode yet but from all the comments here, I cant wait for the subs to come out.. 

THANK YOU CHINGUS FOR ALL THE EFFORT.I hope next time I can watch it on real time. 

Solar is really going beyond my expectation.. How sweet of her to make an event like that..

Yong sunnie saranghae...

Ddongie couple fighting!

Ppyong~~~

• Like 8

@enko20 - Well yes, I do have a degree in Behavioral Sciences, but I choose to pursue my Nursing license instead. If I had chosen that, I would have specialized in Psychometrics (intelligence and personality testing). :)

My profiling skills are not that sharp anymore though, seeing as to how I'm not a practicing psychologist anymore. Just take my opinion with a grain of salt. :D

- - - - - -

Dubai will be shown for 3 weeks huh? :D

• Like 11

I'm back~~

Can't contain myself from todays's episode!! Kyaaaa~~~ for everything these two did. 

Solar tried her hardest to approach those people just to hold that surprise event for Eric. And the frustration when she  can't light the candle. ( But did i see it right, she put the cake on top of a trash bin when she's putting the candle, Correct me if im wrong, chingus)and the song, even the panelists were I  guess surprised and remembered that that's the same song Eric sang when they first met. ( I have that song on my playlist long time ago by the way..ㅋㅋㅋ)

Eric's reaction is priceless in everything our yeba did.  Someone already mention that he somehow feel embarrased and grateful at the same time. I can imagine blinking heart shape on Eric's eyes when Solar sang and most especially when  she's wearing the hijab...Eric's eye smile and a bit shy when he gave his comment in BRI,that's indescribable.. :blush:

The holding hands while going to the restaurant even it was just for a brief moment, thats  eye candy for me.. ( wonder who initiated that, but i doesn't matter who did.hehehe) I noticed that they are both wearing their wedding rings.

All in all, I don't care whether their trip was sponsored as long as the two had fun and make the most of it, who am I to complain. :-)

Can't wait for the sub later.. 

Today's episode is:wub:. I'm looking forward for the rest of their "in Dubai~~" trip.. :-)

Ppyong~

• Like 10

@Le_Sanguinea @enko20 once again like to read all your post it's make me like this thread more...you two share good analysis

@Farfalle when i read you're translation i get confused with 'flower questionable and card' ...now i guess it's relate to yongsun surprise event...still wait the sub to watch it

@zurah90 i'm a little teary too watch the clip yongsun surprise event for their 200th days...i notice their 6month when they filming but never guess yongsun will make celebration for it so i get surprise too~~~since you get busy you don't make comment at you tube...these days ddongie get lower viewers but thanksfully ddongie fam from kshowdaily make effort to rise the view and comment

@papaxmoo @coolbrattyro i'm curious about sponsorship too but it's oke...and i guess the other couple will get good honeymoon too coz like ddongie they had simple wedding

@morethanacityname i'm glad they wear their ring again...

• Like 8

I think this actually might have just surpassed the Chuseok episodes as my favorite!

Here's my review:

Spoiler

KIM YONGSUN. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE THIS ROMANTIC. The roses! The cake! The song! I couldn't stop smiling. Not to mention, the whole thing was such a sincere act on her part. She tried so hard to light those candles, and it really just felt more and more genuine as she struggled. Then he showed up and she just went straight from protesting on the ground to singing beautifully in the rain. She's amazing and beautiful and SWEPT ERIC OFF HIS FEET HE WAS SO HAPPY. I feel like ever since Solar started being more forward it's just been one giant roller coaster ride for Eric since it's almost always a surprise for both him and us. 

Just like with the wedding photos, Solar mentioned she'd seen the roses thing somewhere else before. It's nice to think about how she's probably spent some time daydreaming about a romantic future, and now she gets the chance to do all those grand gestures. (And really, what is it about airports that make them so perfect for grand gestures?)

"I know I'm not a perfect wife," Solar says, right after serenading him in the rain for their 200th day. She sells herself short so often I wonder if she knows how absolutely wonderful she is. Also! She initiated the hug! So much forwardness today! So much cuteness! And Eric's just so into it it's so great.

Every time they take a photo together, I wonder if these are the photos Solar was referring to her when she mentioned on the Fancafe after coming home from Dubai that she'd post more pictures after the episode aired. Maybe we have something to look forward to within the next few days...

Solar's drinking two episodes in a row, haha. She's got such a low alcohol tolerance so I always worry a little bit about what she might do, but this time she got to sleep it off so it was all good. Also, everyone at the airport/in the airplane seems to be fans of them. Although, who could blame them?

I saw this first without subs really early this morning and when Solar said "Bounce!" after going over that bump in the road I just lost it. She really does choose the strangest words to say in English when she's excited. Still waiting on Neutrogena, though...

Such beautiful background music this episode. Owl City was playing when they visited Burj Khalifa, and I'm a pretty big fan, so it was nice to see two things I love mixed together like that.

I'm splitting this into two sections like I did last time just so it's not too overwhelming

Spoiler

We're really so blessed to have such a good looking couple. No matter where they go, or what they wear (whether it be parkas, swimsuits, leather, or headscarfs) they just look so good. The panel was right when they said Solar looked like a princess in her headscarf. I'm with Eric, though, I was just completely blown away by her beauty when she was in the black one.

Eric: Let's haggle. Solar: *whips out her handy dandy calculator and starts calling the scarf on her head "kaka." Ahh I love them so much. They're so ridiculous with everything they do, and yet still so successful. If I could learn their ways I would.

The sand glass was also very beautiful. I'm wondering whether one of them is going to take it home or if they're going to put it in their shared house...

I freaked out about Eric's reaction to her in the black headscarf as much as I did when he said he wanted to hug her in the white puffy jacket so... A WHOLE BUNCH. They put the blushing filter over him in the BRI but it wasn't even necessary because I'm pretty sure he was already blushing just talking about it. His smile there reminded me of his smile when she was singing for him so... not getting my hopes up too much but...

I didn't see it the first time, but after reading all your comments I saw it in my rewatch: THEY WERE HOLDING HANDS!! And this is from Solar, who says stuff like that makes her cringe. I really wish we'd gotten footage of how it happened so I could know who initiated it and what the other person's reaction was. Maybe it'll appear in a flashback at some point. Hopefully it will, especially since Eric's wanted this since like the 3rd or 4th episode.

I think the reason Solar wasn't eating all of her food is because she shot a music video like a week or so after they came back and she was preparing for the comeback even back then. But really, they ate so much food, that I don't think it's worth it speculating too much about a single oyster.

Aaand then there's the promo for next week.

I'm still most excited for that boat scene. Or whatever scene it was where she was leaning her head on his shoulder and he had his arm around her in the opening scenes. You all know I'm partial to night scenes, and that one just screams emotional connection. Overall, I think a lot of the MooMoos were worried over nothing. Solar looks like she's having the time of her life and Eric looks like he just wants each and every moment with her to last as long as possible.

I'm also looking forward to their time at the fountain and in the desert. The fountain because I need to know what was going on while Eric was adding to his Snapchat story, and the desert because it looks like one of them planned another special 200 day event there (the flowers, the necklace, it's all just adding up).

Also the amusement park! But I'm thinking that won't air for another two weeks (just in time for Halloween), so I'll have to be patient.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 11

4 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

If anyone wants to take over the thread reply to this post or PM please :) 

I ask her help 2 days ago to put @enko20 article at front page so who will take her offer...

• Like 4

Just now, Ira Ajja said:

I ask her help 2 days ago to put @enko20 article at front page so who will take her offer...

I'm willing to help. I've already PM'd her about it. ;)

- - - - - 

HOLY CARP best episode ever! I have to sleep in few minutes for work, so I'll save my reactions for later. :D

• Like 9

The single greatest thing about watching Ddongie couple is that they really know how to make me laugh and cry at the right moment. I smiled with joy seeing them playing under the snow, then went shimkung with their heart-to-heart talk, then laughed again seeing them trolling each other on the farm field, and finally, I cried for the first time in a very long time watching WGM in this episode. :)

For the lack of better words, I will just let the review describes my feelings for me. Here is Part I of Ddongie Couple's Adventure in Dubai:

Spoiler
  • It's funny that Eric told Solar to not snore on the plane when he's the one that should watch out for this lol (see: Daddy&I). After that, Solar made an excuse to leave Eric to began prepping for her surprise event, but poor Eric had no clue and just sat there whispering to his wife's UOAY :phew:
  • Solar's event for Eric deserves its own section of discussion since I have a lot to say about it, and because it's just that good:
Spoiler

I was wondering two weeks ago what Solar meant when she said "I want to make Eric feels how he made me feel", and dear me, I didn't have to wait for long to see this. She really went beyond what I expected and melted my (and Eric's) heart with what she did. Even though this wasn't the first time she did something for him, this is by far and away the most romantic thing Solar has done for a man she cares about.

LnWRjt3.png6tRq7Tu.png

6Qg7eLq.png "You did it, girl :bawling:

Watching her running around, asking strangers to help her surprise Eric with her roses and letter already moved me greatly.She was really creative in her way of setting it up so that Eric wouldn't be suspicious of the event right away. Knowing her shy nature around other people, this probably wasn't something easy for her to ask, but she did it.

58YktdG.png "Ige mwo-yaaa??"G05ZQiq.png?1 "Are you surprised?? Come to exit 14, right now!!" - Kim

You could tell Eric was so confused then turned happy at the same time when he slowly realized that Solar had something planned for him.I think you are beginning to understand how she feels about you now, Eric!

Y0LIdk9.png "OMG, can you please walk slower, Eric?"

dlqz9eM.png "Argh! He's almost here already!"

yjPw5WD.png "Come on, Yongsun. You can do this..."

4QWtXPx.png "Urgggh, what the heck?"

This was when I started crying. Even though Solar was being funny as usual with her Yong-meme faces, something about this just hit me right in the feels Seeing her struggle to light up the candles on the anniversary cake under the heavy wind and rain like the clumsy Yeba she is, it's like watching her pouring her heart and sincerity out for Eric like never before. All she cared about in that moment was to do something special for him. It feels like her showing for us: "Eric oppa, this is how you made me feel then, so let me make you feel the same way now."

J6m9932.png

One look at the cake and you can already tell it's none other than our klutz Yongbae who made this.

rCAQ7V8.png "I did it, oppa! (well, not really)"

Turned out she couldn't keep the candle lit after all (not with that kind of weather), but Eric was already over the moon regardless. His reaction was like back when she did the promotional car for him, but even better. Eric is so used to being the person who gives out cakes and roses, but this time, he's the recipient of these romantic gestures instead. He could see the earnest effort she put in even though it didn't turn out as great as she thought.

And then Solar took our her microphone to sing for Eric, and I just lost it... She sang Narsha "I'm in Love", the very same song that Eric sang for her during their first meeting in Hongdae. I've listened to this song so many times before, but this time, it just made me so emotional hearing Solar sang this. That was when I realized why, it's because their relationship context really feels (in my opinion) like this song lyrics contain the words that Solar has been wanting to tell Eric for so long, but couldn't because she is so shy:

Spoiler

♥Narsha - I'm In Love Lyrics♥

Actually, I already like you
Since I saw you for the first time
It's hard to say that

If I don't contact you first
I'm afraid of missing you
I wrote a message then erased it again
I keep doing this repeatedly

If my love for you gets any deeper
It will only hurt me more
My mind is full of fear, it's true

I pray and hope with all my hearts
I believe that you are the one I desperately yearned for

Hoo... I'm in love
Hoo.... I fall in love

I won't fear anything
As long as I'm with you
The world is so beautiful

(*Everytime I'm with you
You always touch my heart
You are so beautiful)

*What Solar actually sang in place for the last three lines

(Also, Solar was just so adorable when she did this)

FNHjjIBUYrbUs.gif

You could tell Eric was so, so delighted and grateful for what she did. Then Solar began to gave her message to Eric directly in front of him. and even said "oppa" too. I'm really surprised with how far she has come since her early days with Eric. This was only made possible because of the sweetness and sincerity Eric has given her throughout all this time.

Solar's message to Eric:

"Can you hear me, Eric"?

"It's already been 200 days since we got married. So, I prepared something for you, but it might not be perfect because I haven't done this before. Still, I tried my best. And... I know I'm not a perfect wife. Thank you for taking care of me and understanding me. And, thank you oppa for making a lot of great memories. Let's be happy as we've been so far."

They both hugged each other, twice, in happiness. I felt like if Eric wasn't holding the roses and cake in his arms, he would have wrapped them around Solar and hugged her so tight.

QnEPDSOsTsNb2.gif    BDGuIdbHUsNrO.gif

A happy 200th day anniversary for us both

Eric said he was surprised and touched by Solar, and also she looked so beautiful in his eyes at that moment. He really, really meant it, Solar! :wub:

I know I've already talked a lot and spam so many pics and gifs, but I need to make one more point. The greatest thing for me in watching all this is that, if we compare this event to their 100th day one, we can see how much progress they have made since that day:

Spoiler

EwTD4Uc.png

Back then, all Solar could do was writing Eric a letter, and she was so shy about it that she wouldn't even let Eric read it out loud in front of her.

mMrWouI.png?1

Yet now, she could proudly declare those words in front of him, and on top of that, Solar even called Eric "oppa" without reserve. Eric have given her courage in many ways, and being brave in romance is one of them.

7uDSxmF.png

They sat on the opposite sides of the table, and clasped their hands together in shyness then.

BEbTMx5.png

And now, they are comfortable enough in skinship with each other that they can embrace the other person with joy.

Lastly, I can only wish that one day, Eric and Solar can post this kind of photo publicly with no fears. Look at how beautiful they are together:

LrX8zW6.png

All around, this was just simply a wonderful and memorable event that both of them won't be able to forget about any time soon. Good job, Yongsun! :)

• Look at Solar preparing even more things for Eric on the plane. She really put a lot of effort into this trip with him even though we all know how busy she is with Mamamoo in real life. Just goes to show how considerate and caring she can be to someone close to her.
  • I'm glad that they actually made an effort to study basic Arabic phrases to immerse themselves with the people of Dubai. Being open-minded to other cultures is always a great thing to do.
  • I wonder what was going through Eric's mind when he checked on sleeping Yongsun haha, he must have found Mochi sleeping face so adorable :wub: I lowkey wished she would sleep on his shoulder though, but it's okay. This is already heart-fluttering enough for me. :P

NZVBN3L.png

• I loved the cinematic preview that WGM did for Dubai, the city is just so very beautiful.
  • First destination, Burj Khalifa! I really loved all the selca they took together here, especially that Titanic pose re-enactment, it look even more intimate this time because they did it on their own and not because of a game :wub:
Spoiler

PHdAL6R.png

Jr8avOU.png

RTLT3IV.png

Lol?

cVhH3hK.png

MBcomL5.png

• You know my pet peeve with MBC's notorious scene cutting skill, but I ain't even mad this time. This was probably one of the most creative scene transition I've seen on WGM before

IwUvZqOYbbqCc.gif

• Look at these two bargaining. Well, there's nothing wrong with being frugal, but I was just laughing at the way they yelled "Nooooo!" in unison when the merchant gave them an expensive price. He eventually gave in to their bargained price of 70 AED. Also, Solar English is so cute: "Good quality okay, but NO!" (you heard her dude :P)
  • Love that "Ddongie" design on the sand bottle, very delicate and beautiful work.
  • Solar is simply a beauty in any outfit. The hijab really made her face and mochi cheeks stand out. Gosh Eric was so flustered by his pretty wife, look at him turning into a fanboy for his Arab princess! :wub:
  • Did you notice they actually held hand during this as well? They were holding hands when Solar said "Assalamu alaykum" after they tried on the outfit. No idea who initiated this though, but I'm happy they did it. :D
  • Again, they walked hand-in-hand on their way to the restaurant. I'm kinda sad they didn't really focused the camera on it, just like earlier, so it wasn't so obvious for us to see (and to spazz hehe). However, it also makes it seem very natural and not like they are just doing to show us "Oh look! We're holding hands everyone!".
  • Ddongie Mukbang Road Tour, Extra Luxurious Edition! All those cocktails, all those foods, urgh they make me so hungry, seriously. How much money are being invested into all this, like for real? This is so extravagant, it's not the usual style for Ddongie couple haha, but hey, nothing wrong with living the dream for once right? Especially for Solar, this must feel like heaven for her. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

All of that long review, and I realize we are just at the beginning of this luxurious trip, oh my god. I can already tell it's about to get even more real very, very soon.

EpBFpKY.png

I wonder what they are doing here, is this a re-enactment of their wedding? Also that Solar "woah" sound familiar right? :rolleyes:

qUXO2a5.png

Is that Eric in a skirt? OMG :joy:

wbBNGnv.png

A picture is worth a thousand words. Look at the atmosphere between these two. This is going to be one of the most romantic moments between them, for sure.

Solar :"I think this is going to be unforgettable" :wub:

UlqWVlX.png

The moment you see the pool, you know it's about to get real in here

Wpu4P5z.png

Oh boy, bed scene time! I'm soooo ready for this :phew:

And don't you forget about these things now. This is going to be absolutely,absolutely fantastic. Thank you MBC! :lol:

Bj6aLDU.jpg

hiprayW.jpg

• Like 12

@enko20 @Le_Sanguinea with both of what you guys wrote just chuck it together and boom. I really appreciate your feedback to one another as well. 

When I mentioned the trip might be sponsored I didn't mean it in a bad way, I think it's great! Imagine if all of Mamamoo or Eric got the chance to go on a trip again? Wouldn't that just be the greatest? (this also means MBC would have more money left to carry on with Ddongi if it was in fact sponsored)

Also I didn't mean to come off as judgmental when Yongsun didn't eat the oyster, I was just observing, actually I haven't noticed Yongsun mentioned seafood yet except for fish during some v app sessions(maybe she is not fond of oyster).

Spoiler

Screenshot_133.png

All that yellow on the oyster might be some kind of butter sauce. I am just punching in the dark here.

Didn't even noticed Ddongi had their rings on until one your beautiful faces mentioned it, it doesn't really matter that much to me. As long as their commitment is to each other and not the rings hehe

• Like 8

Whats up DDongi fam! (i'm very ashamed that i've been spelling Ddongi wrong all this time :cry:) And FINALLY! The wait is over and Ddongi-in-Dubai has come!! 

And thank you MBC-WGM for a longer than usual episode!!! The anticipation and longing for Saturday to come is continuously growing every week, it's literally killing me :dizzy:. And again... feels everywhere...(i can't believe i'm still not used to this..) it's becoming harder and harder for me to choose favorite Ddongi moments (since all of em are so precious) 

WARNING: Gif-filled and a little bit of my craziness over our otp. (tbh...not just a bit...but a whole lot of craziness :rolleyes:)

Spoiler
  • Over the past few weeks, we have seen so much change on our otp (thank you Chuseok team rally). They've become evidently more emotionally connected, open, honest, and comfortable.. And i'm going to slightly emphasize on Yongsun on that regard.. 

tklGQCh.gif3LTzP4E.png

• Whenever Eric wishes for something deep and serious, we see how much Solar actually cares about him. And that it might not happen right away, she makes sure that his wish is granted. First was his wish for her to drop formalities, it didnt happen real quick but as time passes, it just becomes natural for her..
  • Doesn't this feel like their relationship in a nutshell:: -It might take a while, but in the end, it'll happen and work out-
  • And now, his wish for her to just HUK~ Approach him unexpectedly. Despite it being not even close to perfect, we can see how much effort and sincerity she put into this event. I can't believe she can be this sweet~~~ Our kid-wife has grown so much!!
  • Just a little Past and Present::

rz2CJ2n.gifxSZz9wR.gif

C0SghYf.gifzCa4zdb.gif

NiTKUb9.gifE6kyOKA.gif

• The way Eric hugged her, you can really see and feel how touched he was. if the cake was not there, he would've hugged her even tighter! And honestly, her sincerity made me tear up a bit...especially as she sings the song.

pMnek56.gifyyq9B4F.gif

• The way Eric tried to wake her up is so sweet even though it wasn't that much :blush: They just look so comfortable. OMG Yongsun with her mouth open and arms up :lol: I wonder if their flight back to S.Korea will be broadcasted as well~~

RQEAcPY.gifeMLRFLD.gif

• Someone collect these kids currently in Burj Khalifa!! LOLed so much, Yeba being Yeba. And i've noticed they actually took alot of polariods.. Goodness gracious, they just do the randomest things

1IRA7eG.gif

• This episode is just too precious~~ we get to see alot of the sweet, thoughtful, and beautiful Yeba as well as infatuated Yoondonni. He has fallen deep~~

u9usaLj.gifBj2Cc0s.gifvLkhNbR.gif

• AND they held hands! They seriously looked like an ordinary (yet extraordinary) couple enjoying their vacation by themselves, casually holding hands, enjoying good food and good scenery.. 
  • Now kids, hold each others' hands and never let go, okay?

wE8lyQZ.gif

Spoiler

AND DUBAI Part 2 nxt week! The wait jsut kills me!!! 

Eric wearing that flashy skirt is oh-so-damn hilarious!!!!

Yongsun's "I love desert!" and 2nd wedding?! Under the desert sun too.. When Dubai's hot Sun meets Eric's hot Sun :glasses:

Evening comes.... Ddongi fam...let's prepare our hearts....

And lastly, the way Eric just looked at Solar.....he looks so inlove with her... omg.. is it just me or doesnt he look like he wants to kiss her?!

K6DN20o.gif

Since Yongsun did an event for their 6th month/200th day, i'm pretty sure the our top man, Eric Nam, has something in store for her as well

Spoiler

And now the song that has been on repeat:

Ra.D--Im in Love

Actually after our first meeting
Saying I like you
Isn’t something easy for me

If I don’t contact you first
I’m afraid of missing you
I type out the text, hesitate a bit, then delete it again
I keep repeating this process over and over

If my love for you gets any deeper
It will only result in getting hurting
My fears are filling my mind
This is the truth

Praying with all my heart, the person I’m yearning for
I believe that person is you

Woo… I’m in love
Woo… I’ll fall in love
Never feel any more fear
As long as I’m with you

I thought I’m never gonna fall in love
But I’m in love, cause I wanna love you baby

Actually from the first time I met you
Somewhere deep in my heart
You crashed in like a strong wave
You’re the only thing in my mind all day
I can be your good lover
Wanna be your four-leafed clover
I’ll make you the happiest woman in the world

Please you gotta believe me
Make you never gonna leave me
I won’t be suspicious, I’ll trust you

Ahhh… I’m in love
Ahhh… I’ll fall in love
Never feel any more fear
As long as I’m with you

Woo… I’m in love (I’m so deep in love)
Woo… I’ll fall in love
Never feel any more fear
As long as I’m with you

You are so beautiful

끝. aSNWG9r.gif

• Like 13

@enko20 If we're talking about analyzing song lyrics... I should bring up the cover Eric posted on soundcloud a few months ago.

I've been hesitant to bring it up because there is a real grey area when it comes to how far analysis can go before it's delusion, but I do definitely feel like it's worth mentioning after the Dubai trip, especially with all the comments I've seen both here and in the Kshowdaily comments section about Eric wanting to prolong his relationship with Solar past WGM.

Putting the delusion-ness under the cut so you all can just ignore me

Spoiler

The song is from Carly Rae Jepsen's album EMOTION, which I enjoy because she sings a whole lot about the in-betweens of relationships and I'm really fascinated with songs/movies/poetry about that aspect, so I was pleasantly surprised when he uploaded this really nice cover of the song. And... then I started thinking about the lyrics. 

You're stuck in my head, stuck on my heart, stuck on my body, body
I wanna go, get out of here, I'm sick of the party, party
I'd run away
I'd run away with you

This is the part, you've got to say all that you're feeling, feeling
Packing a bag, we're leaving tonight when everyone's sleeping, sleeping
Let's run away
I'll run away with you

Cause you make me feel like
I could be driving you all night
And I found your lips in the street lights
I wanna be there with you

Oh baby, take me to the feeling
I'll be your sinner, in secret
When the lights go out
Run away with me
Run away with me
Oh baby, every single minute
I'll be your hero, I'm willing
When the lights go out
Run away with me
Run away with me

Up in the clouds, high as a kite, over the city, city
We never sleep, we never tried, when you are with me, with me
I wanna stay
I wanna stay here with you

Cause you make me feel like
I could be driving you all night
And I found your lips in the street lights
I wanna be there with you

[Chorus]

Hold on to me
I'll never want to let you go
(Run away with me, run away with me)
Over the weekend
We can turn the world to gold, oh oh
(Run away with me, run away with me)

(We can turn the world to gold)
Over the weekend we can turn the world to gold
Oh oh, oh

Ooh my baby, take me to the feeling
(Take me to, take me to it)
I'll be your sinner, in secret

When the lights go out
Run away with me
(Just run away)
Run away with me
(With me)
(Oh yeah yeah)
Every single minute
I'll be your hero, I'm willing
When the lights go out
Run away with me
Run away with me

This came out September first, so wherever that fits into the timeline of events. I'm probably reading wayyy too much into things, but it stood out to me enough that I actually started compiling scenes from their aired footage with the song (kind of like a fan video) all the way up to two episodes ago (even though I know they shot that after he sang this). There's something... almost wistful about the way he's singing it. 

The lips in the streetlight part always reminds me of their date where he walked her to her house and they fed each other for the first time. Every time. And the part about the party definitely rings some bells.

I don't know. It's all very secretive and messy, especially since music obviously means so much to both of them. It could just be a cover of a song he enjoys (which I wouldn't blame him for at all; it's a really good song). Or, it could be something else...

Either way. Give it a listen.

• Like 9

Just saw someone share this on KSDaily and feel like I should share it here too. Apparently this Korean couple also went to Dubai and ran into Ddongie couple on the way.

--------
@cinnaminskies Me neither, usually I don't want to associate the music they do on their own to each other at the risk of being labeled "delulu", but since you brought this up, here's something interesting:

Spoiler

I wanna stay
I wanna stay here with you

Hold on to me
I'll never want to let you go

He recorded this on Sep 1st like you said, you know what happened on that day? That's right, Eric and Solar recorded their inflatable pool talk on that very same date. Do you remember what Eric said to Solar on that day?

I just want us to stay like now forever... I don't want us to change.

Over the weekend
We can turn the world to gold,

Didn't we just heard them talk about how pretty much everything in Dubai is gold for them? But this one is not as applicable, since I think they didn't know they were going to Dubai then, so....

Again, just saying haha. I don't want to read much into it, but it's a funny coincidence in a way.

• Like 12

Actually some of the English translations are not accurate. Like during Solar's message to Eric after she sang I'm in love. She said Jinshim.. It means "I really mean it", and not "I tried my best". I know it is a small thing, but I just feel it has a whole lot different meaning...

• Like 11