[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

I have to say that I'm really loving this drama! I will admit that I can't help but think of Kim Rae Won's movie, "My Little Bride"....teacher, student.

I knew the other girl was going to let her jealousy take over. HJ has the IQ of a genius. Now that she's applying herself to her studies, she can't help but surpass those around her.

• Like 22

Okay the first oh-so intense scene ended up being kinda hilarious to a point. I mean they bickered over why he called Granny by Granny LOL

And I LOVED how JH just grabbed HJ and their little conversation. "Can it get any worse?"  "Yes, but it has to be done"  HJ is like so on point. I am glad she didn't do one of those pep-talks .

• Like 23

Image result for Doctors Crush episode 2  Image result for Doctors korean drama Park shin hye

Enlightened by a dream...

I'm glad the writers gave us a glimpse of the future before placing us in the past mainly because I find comfort in knowing after episode 1 & 2 that no matter what lies ahead HJ didn't lose that strength & spark BRING IT ON!! Attitude that makes her stand out and dang such an amazing character to watch!  What woman doesn't want a little bit of that, you almost feel yourself wanting to cheer her on when you see her make one move and she has the other person all wrapped up!  Park Shin Hye picked the right drama to showcase that she has so much more within her yet to show her fans and I have a feeling she will gain even more new fans after this...

HJ has had such a hard childhood but as we have seen she doesn't allow it to get in her way or make excuses she is willing to take things head on no matter what only having to be true to herself.  Like a ship lost at sea she can't find her direction or purpose but soon finds a safe harbor in her Grandmother and JH.  They both inspire her to reach for something better in life and after seeing JH save a life she is mesmerized & enlightened  by the whole experience.  Curious and interested she not only see's but wants to grasp a dream of her own.  She doesn't sit back but is willing to give it everything she has learning & reaching for her own star....

I think the troubles that came toward the end of this episode make the story line so much more believable we have all known a few SW's in real life and no surprise that often they were once your friend.  A heartbreaking lesson for HJ after working so hard to better herself but no worries we know she owns a white coat and can still kick some gangster bootie... Just saying:w00t:

1 minute ago, lclarakl said:

I have to say that I'm really loving this drama! I will admit that I can't help but think of Kim Rae Won's movie, "My Little Bride"....teacher, student.

I knew the other girl was going to let her jealousy take over. HJ has the IQ of a genius. Now that she's applying herself to her studies, she can't help but surpass those around her.

Yep she's a bright cookie with an IQ of 156. I have assessed my students IQ before. The test I used is quite hard focussing lots on general ability, mathematical algorithms and memory. It's a one on one test and not using pen and paper text format. So the student is required to give a quick verbal answer of 100 questions. The test stops when the student has 10 incorrect answers in a row. I would ask my student a question and I wont be allowed to repeat it or explain the meaning of the question. This explains why she was able to memorise the Maths formulas so well and top the exam.

Im glad you came back and enjoying the show. :D

• Like 23

@Kehinde,  @ktiminie @kdramalovers @VIP_Cake @andy78 @Kasmic @irilight Thank you all for the recaps,screencaps, vids and commentarylove-kiss-red-crab-emoticon.gif You all just rocked it. I wish I could have been here w/ya.

I enjoyed today's episode it was so much fun and then :crazy:I just couldn't believe Seo Woo went there with the whole posting picks and making up rumors just because she's not getting her way. SMH at this behavior, but I'm so happy this is just a part of the backstory or I would be worried about this all week. My heart goes out to Hye Jung. She has had so many sorrows in her life

9 hours ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

does anyone cant wait to see uri OTP meet again after all those years? I cant wait to see it.. I think they will meet again with animosity towards each other. and maybe with lingering sexual tension.. yum! and their dynamic will shift from student-teacher into fellow doctors.. aah they better not drag it further! I want these two meet again in the present time next week!

I'm with you on this. I can't wait to see them shift to the present as fellow doctors myself. PSH and KRW have some great chemistry, It would be a shame to drag out their reunion.

I have to say PSH has been killing it this week.  I'm also loving KRW to. What a great smile he has. 

• Like 23

another good episode.

i cant believe seo woo so jealous of hye jung being smarter/getting ji hong attention. that she rat they out. for being in love.

i sure hye jung is starting to fall for ji hong but that no way to rat your friend out just cuz ji hong dont get you attention.

if seo woo gone that will leave a big scar in hye jung heart. so i hope seo woo will be alright.

it great to see the rating hit 14% just one more 1% up. then we get to see park shin hye dance for us to see. i hope eisode 3 will hit over 15%.

• Like 22

5 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

This is actually the first drama I'm watching that is still airing. All the others I've watched (60+) I've bingewatched but I decided to go for Doctors as my "virgin" semi-live watch lol :D

I'm so glad I did! First off I get to talk about this stuff while it's happening with all of you guys (which ofcourse is AMAZING AND FUN! :D) but secondly I wouldn't have wanted to miss this drama! I seriously love it :D 

I love it! You're going to have so much fun. Even though you will learn the 'pain' in waiting for next week but the fun out weighs it. I'm so happy you have joined us.

@badsmuler @ktiminie Thanks for posting the ratings! I didn't expect them to be so high. This is great news.

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

I can't wait to see her run circles around Ms. Jealousy. You could tell she was getting upset from the beginning when  Soon Hee started to hang around Hye Jung but she just went for the jugular. That was just twisted. 

• Like 17

35 minutes ago, wunwing1 said:

another good episode.

i cant believe seo woo so jealous of hye jung being smarter/getting ji hong attention. that she rat they out. for being in love.

i sure hye jung is starting to fall for ji hong but that no way to rat your friend out just cuz ji hong dont get you attention.

if seo woo gone that will leave a big scar in hye jung heart. so i hope seo woo will be alright.

it great to see the rating hit 14% just one more 1% up. then we get to see park shin hye dance for us to see. i hope eisode 3 will hit over 15%.

Really enjoying this drama and Park Shin Hye in this new challenge character. I am amazed with her fighting skills. I hope there are many others to come.  Hoping the rate will be over 15 in the next episode and forward. Fighting Doctors.:)

• Like 17

Writer or director did a good job at the opening - showing Hye Jung's transition from a bad young girl to a successful doctor,  Also, a doctor in uniform fighting it out with gangster for a starter - makes you want to watch the upcoming episodes.

BTW - glad to see familiar names here - hello to everyone!!!

• Like 17

For my clarity..can someone give me a dope on why PSH is so famous in Korea.. or like someone was mentioning her dance here.. is she a fab dancer?

I have seen her only in Heirs till date...

Also, the main lead.. is he the one in little bride.. wow!!!..couldn't palce that at all..

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

For my clarity..can someone give me a dope on why PSH is so famous in Korea.. or like someone was mentioning her dance here.. is she a fab dancer?

I have seen her only in Heirs till date...

Also, the main lead.. is he the one in little bride.. wow!!!..couldn't palce that at all..

well she gained popularity when she started off as a child actress. she played the younger version of the female lead in the old kdrama stairway to heaven which was a huge hit. later on she established herself as a leading actress in you're beautiful which wasn't huge in SK or anything but was really popular overseas. recently she's starred in a few movies where even if she wasn't a lead she still played an important part in the movie (miracle in cell no 7, the royal tailor)

i think she's so popular in korea bc she started acting when she was very young and built up such a likable image. i can't really think of any scandals per se (besides her dating thing with lee jong suk which was never confirmed and imo not even a big deal). she's also well known bc of her contributions to charity. overall the girl has done a good job in maintaining a clean reputation and starring in well received works. her biggest hit in terms of dramas has to be heirs tho so it's totally understandable why it's the only one you've seen her in.

i REALLY hope she gains recognition for this role. i don't want to get ahead of myself but so far hye jung is my fave character of hers to date, and kim rae won is definitely the best costar she's acted alongside in my opinion. their chemistry is off the charts which is why i need them to move this story to the future when they're both working as doctors so i don't feel creepy shipping their characters together. his role here kinda reminds of me of his role in my little bride, wasn't he a teacher in that too? time flies hahaha

• Like 18

LOL first time to watch a Kdrama that all girl slaps and hit each other like gangs.. i like it actually its better than all that betchs i know everything talks with all the jewelry on them xD
PLUS for once it will be super cool to watch a powerful girl and very clever nerd doctor together<3 its always the other way around -_-  Though i feel a little weird because he is her teacher still.

First time to really like Park Shin Hye's acting i can feel her character im glad i started this and didnt wait any longer when i saw her name on cast list :vicx:

• Like 14