[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

1 hour ago, Ayame said:

Oh my god. I can't believe I just spent 2 hours translating this, but I just did lol. I just translated Part 1 of KRW's SBS interview. There are 2 articles of the interview, Part 1 and Part 2 since the interview was really long. I'll try to get up Part 2 by tomorrow or something. Also, this is translated from the Japanese translation, so I'm hoping it's okay... because the grammar was really hard to translate at some points lol. Well enjoy. Japanese text credit to momotaro32343866 at ameblo.

Kim Rae Won, SBS Interview Part 1 [Translation]

Q: Your previous drama ‘Punch’ was quite different, it’s been a really long time since you’ve come back with a romantic comedy.

KRW: I wasn’t trying to stay away from the romantic comedy genre. I did receive offers for romantic-comedy movies and dramas, but I didn’t really feel the charm in those roles (that I was offered). Since I only do genres that greatly interests me, my filmography just seems to accumulate that way.

Q: Was there a reason you chose ‘Doctors’?

KRW: The medical genre is a job I hadn’t tried yet, so I thought it would be interesting. Shin Hye was cast earlier and I heard that Shin Hye said, “It would be interesting to work with Rae Won-sunbae.” At the time, I was filming my movie, so when I joined ‘Doctors’, they had already filmed for 1 month and a half. Once I finished filming my movie, 2 weeks before the 1st broadcast I had to film right away, and that caused a lot of worries.

Q: But the outcome of that turned out well.

KRW: The filming went as successfully as I imagined it would. It’s been a long time since I’ve done the romantic comedy genre, but I wasn’t worried at all. If the production is good, then I’ll join it, but I think I currently don’t have any plans to join any other productions. Since I have 2 movie premieres coming up. (laughs)

Q: Truthfully, for Kim Rae Won the actor, isn’t it a mix of even if you try to be separate from the romantic comedy genre, you can’t truly be separated from that genre?

KRW: It’s exactly like that. A lot of people have come to know me through my works related to the romantic comedy genre, and I think I personally have the most confidence in that. It’s not arrogance, but I thought it was a genre that only I could do. It’s something that I personally realized. But, that doesn’t necessarily mean that I just want to make use of only that. As I grew into an adult, I had to do more important things. However, looking at the good response to ‘Doctors’ recently, I’m happy. If I did the same things as before, then I wouldn’t have said such things before, but I had the desire to do romantic comedies again. I’m really happy.

Q: Your ‘Doctors’ character Hong Ji Hong had the characteristic of saying things shamelessly. The secret to creating that character?

KRW: I wasn’t thinking of anything. (laughs) The lines itself had many difficult parts, but there were really a lot of lines that gives goosebumps. There were lines that really gave me goosebumps, so I was worried and thought if I said it this way, how would it be, and tried using such expressions. Later on, the director requested that I use such expressions, so at the time I was okay with it. The viewers like it, so I didn’t want to use those expressions all the time.

Q: As an actor, having physical strength seems to be a big issue. Did you not have any regrettable moments while filming?

KRW: Following the middle part, there was an experience that I didn’t make good use of. No matter what production I’m a part of, it’s unavoidable that there isn’t enough time, but I was really regretful of that. Even though I always look at the script a lot, I look at it not only from my standpoint, but from the director’s standpoint as well. Secondly, I had to be worried about whether I understood the intention, or what was it that we were conveying to the viewers, but there wasn’t enough time to do that efficiently. Therefore, in the later half, there were parts where my acting wasn’t as much as I wanted. I’m disappointed that (the viewers) can’t see the real story.

Q: What parts were you anxious about?

KRW: Looking at it carefully, from a certain episode, I began to be a little slow/heavy. I look at the drama as a really long movie. If the episodes in a drama changed, and the atmosphere jumped a bit, more than comparing it to a movie, the viewers see it in a carefree manner, so they can’t be aware of it, but I didn’t think of such things. Things like that were not really necessary, but in the parts where there’s conversations with Hye Jung, her circumstances were heavy, I carried it out in a very heavy atmosphere. In actuality, that wasn’t really needed, but the good scenes were where I’m gazing at and laughing with Hye Jung was. Looking back at the script, I understood everything that had to be explained. Therefore, if I did previous parts in a more cheerful way, it should have been more interesting, but there were parts I was unsatisfied with.

Q: Then, what parts did you think went well?

KRW: When (Ji Hong’s) father died, when Ji Hong was sobbing and the difficult time passed by for him. The next one was when arranging everything for my (Ji Hong’s) father, after spending 3 weeks in America and returning to Korea, that time passed like a sandglass. That used up a lot of sadness. I think that sequence was made use of really well. In the later part of the drama, when we see Ji Hong in his 20’s as an intern, we only saw for a little bit, but I was pleased with that.

Q: What the viewers seem to have been the most crazy about is Ji Hong’s lines. “Are you married? Do you have a boyfriend? That’s good, then.” Did you expect those lines to be such a big hit?

KRW: Actually, there’s a secret about those lines. I changed the order sequence of those lines, and changed the way I processed those lines. So, it became an issue, but the writer’s original intention wasn’t like that. You know, generally, in dramas, even though a character like Ji Hong is one that understands and protects, looking at that scene, he is an extreme ‘manly-type of man’. Actually, in the script, Ji Hong was supposed to say his lines in a very nervous and anxious way, but I wanted to do those lines in a manly type of way. I think I successfully changed it. (laughs) Do I seem too prideful? I shouldn’t say such things, but... (everyone laughs)

Q: As you’re acting, your character becomes your own creation. Do you have any other anecdotes?

KRW: During the fishing parts, the writer wondered whether Ji Hong should be good at fishing or not. However, I said showing how Ji Hong didn’t like fishing would be interesting.

Q: You have presence, so there seems to be possibility. Do you think there’s a difference between acting in romantic comedies in the past versus doing so now?

KRW: At the time, for the sake of making it interesting, for the sake of being seen, I put in a lot of effort. Therefore, not being aware of what my individual skills were, I did it without knowing the situation. It’s already been 13 years. I thought that if it’s ‘Doctors’, then it would be a risk. When Ji Hong’s father passed away, even though he should have protected Hye Jung, if I laughed too much, the character would have the problem of seeming double-layered. Therefore, I talked it over with the director. I wanted to have the freedom with the Hong Ji Hong character, but if I was too excessive, I wanted the director to tell me. In the end, we were able to finish it well. Ah, I put a lot of effort in appearing younger. I changed my hairstyle, I managed my complexion without fail. (laughs)

(Interview to be continued in Part 2)

Thank you so much, you are like our oasis in the desert.  At 10pm South Korea Time, this is the first week in 2.5 months that we have had no JiHong&HyeJung and Doctors' casts, so sad and missed them so much.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Ayame said:

Oh my god. I can't believe I just spent 2 hours translating this, but I just did lol. I just translated Part 1 of KRW's SBS interview. There are 2 articles of the interview, Part 1 and Part 2 since the interview was really long. I'll try to get up Part 2 by tomorrow or something. Also, this is translated from the Japanese translation, so I'm hoping it's okay... because the grammar was really hard to translate at some points lol. Well enjoy. Japanese text credit to momotaro32343866 at ameblo.

Q: Your previous drama ‘Punch’ was quite different, it’s been a really long time since you’ve come back with a romantic comedy.

KRW: I wasn’t trying to stay away from the romantic comedy genre. I did receive offers for romantic-comedy movies and dramas, but I didn’t really feel the charm in those roles (that I was offered). Since I only do genres that greatly interests me, my filmography just seems to accumulate that way.

KRW: The medical genre is a job I hadn’t tried yet, so I thought it would be interesting. Shin Hye was cast earlier and I heard that Shin Hye said, “It would be interesting to work with Rae Won-sunbae.” At the time, I was filming my movie, so when I joined ‘Doctors’, they had already filmed for 1 month and a half. Once I finished filming my movie, 2 weeks before the 1st broadcast I had to film right away, and that caused a lot of worries.

KRW: The filming went as successfully as I imagined it would. It’s been a long time since I’ve done the romantic comedy genre, but I wasn’t worried at all. If the production is good, then I’ll join it, but I think I currently don’t have any plans to join any other productions. Since I have 2 movie premieres coming up. (laughs)

Q: Truthfully, for Kim Rae Won the actor, isn’t it a mix of even if you try to be separate from the romantic comedy genre, you can’t truly be separated from that genre?

KRW: It’s exactly like that. A lot of people have come to know me through my works related to the romantic comedy genre, and I think I personally have the most confidence in that. It’s not arrogance, but I thought it was a genre that only I could do. It’s something that I personally realized. But, that doesn’t necessarily mean that I just want to make use of only that. As I grew into an adult, I had to do more important things. However, looking at the good response to ‘Doctors’ recently, I’m happy. If I did the same things as before, then I wouldn’t have said such things before, but I had the desire to do romantic comedies again. I’m really happy.

Q: Your ‘Doctors’ character Hong Ji Hong had the characteristic of saying things shamelessly. The secret to creating that character?

KRW: I wasn’t thinking of anything. (laughs) The lines itself had many difficult parts, but there were really a lot of lines that gives goosebumps. There were lines that really gave me goosebumps, so I was worried and thought if I said it this way, how would it be, and tried using such expressions. Later on, the director requested that I use such expressions, so at the time I was okay with it. The viewers like it, so I didn’t want to use those expressions all the time.

Q: As an actor, having physical strength seems to be a big issue. Did you not have any regrettable moments while filming?

KRW: Following the middle part, there was an experience that I didn’t make good use of. No matter what production I’m a part of, it’s unavoidable that there isn’t enough time, but I was really regretful of that. Even though I always look at the script a lot, I look at it not only from my standpoint, but from the director’s standpoint as well. Secondly, I had to be worried about whether I understood the intention, or what was it that we were conveying to the viewers, but there wasn’t enough time to do that efficiently. Therefore, in the later half, there were parts where my acting wasn’t as much as I wanted. I’m disappointed that (the viewers) can’t see the real story.

KRW: Looking at it carefully, from a certain episode, I began to be a little slow/heavy. I look at the drama as a really long movie. If the episodes in a drama changed, and the atmosphere jumped a bit, more than comparing it to a movie, the viewers see it in a carefree manner, so they can’t be aware of it, but I didn’t think of such things. Things like that were not really necessary, but in the parts where there’s conversations with Hye Jung, her circumstances were heavy, I carried it out in a very heavy atmosphere. In actuality, that wasn’t really needed, but the good scenes were where I’m gazing at and laughing with Hye Jung was. Looking back at the script, I understood everything that had to be explained. Therefore, if I did previous parts in a more cheerful way, it should have been more interesting, but there were parts I was unsatisfied with.

KRW: When (Ji Hong’s) father died, when Ji Hong was sobbing and the difficult time passed by for him. The next one was when arranging everything for my (Ji Hong’s) father, after spending 3 weeks in America and returning to Korea, that time passed like a sandglass. That used up a lot of sadness. I think that sequence was made use of really well. In the later part of the drama, when we see Ji Hong in his 20’s as an intern, we only saw for a little bit, but I was pleased with that.

Q: What the viewers seem to have been the most crazy about is Ji Hong’s lines. “Are you married? Do you have a boyfriend? That’s good, then.” Did you expect those lines to be such a big hit?

KRW: Actually, there’s a secret about those lines. I changed the order sequence of those lines, and changed the way I processed those lines. So, it became an issue, but the writer’s original intention wasn’t like that. You know, generally, in dramas, even though a character like Ji Hong is one that understands and protects, looking at that scene, he is an extreme ‘manly-type of man’. Actually, in the script, Ji Hong was supposed to say his lines in a very nervous and anxious way, but I wanted to do those lines in a manly type of way. I think I successfully changed it. (laughs) Do I seem too prideful? I shouldn’t say such things, but... (everyone laughs)

Q: As you’re acting, your character becomes your own creation. Do you have any other anecdotes?

KRW: During the fishing parts, the writer wondered whether Ji Hong should be good at fishing or not. However, I said showing how Ji Hong didn’t like fishing would be interesting.

Q: You have presence, so there seems to be possibility. Do you think there’s a difference between acting in romantic comedies in the past versus doing so now?

KRW: At the time, for the sake of making it interesting, for the sake of being seen, I put in a lot of effort. Therefore, not being aware of what my individual skills were, I did it without knowing the situation. It’s already been 13 years. I thought that if it’s ‘Doctors’, then it would be a risk. When Ji Hong’s father passed away, even though he should have protected Hye Jung, if I laughed too much, the character would have the problem of seeming double-layered. Therefore, I talked it over with the director. I wanted to have the freedom with the Hong Ji Hong character, but if I was too excessive, I wanted the director to tell me. In the end, we were able to finish it well. Ah, I put a lot of effort in appearing younger. I changed my hairstyle, I managed my complexion without fail. (laughs)

thanks ayame.....sarangae...waiting for part 2.

33 minutes ago, ash011 said:

Yes deleted scene.. But did you notice at the right bottom of the pic someone is looking at them? So i think this scene is not at the bridge when he proposed. Correct me if i'm wrong!

i think at the bridge. because at the corner, there a white flower there is like at the bridge flower

• Like 10

@Ayame ... thank you so much for your effort ... i could see KRW in my mind thru ur words ... how he would laughs, how he would grin, how his tone, how his body movements ... thank you again :wub:

@Ahpheng ... your strips always catch my eyes ... they are just like JH ... cheesy catchy strips ... :wub:

@ash011aaaa u have keen eyes ... i wonder why PD-nim deleted d scene (in my delulu mode, i would say 'maybe it was actually their engagement day .... hahahahaha ) :D:wub:

btw, i've re-watch (again) episode 3 and i found that In Joo was the first person to discover that both HJ and JH liked each other (she said to HJ that she liked JH in front of granny house after granny passed away and she said to JH in front of police station). one other thing, JH do love HJ so much and cherished the bike moment by making the bicycle as an ornament at his appartment. 

i found myself fallen deeply with the love between JH-HJ ... and i still can not move on ... ottoke :tears:

Edited by trust3
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, Ayame said:

Indeed ! :wub: These lines was my favourite part in "doctors" . Surprisingly,  it was corrected by KRW and it turns out so well ! Now JH lines for this scene still stuck in my brain ! JH already looked so manly when he stepped out from the helicopter , additional his romantics line: "Are you married?" , Do you have boyfriend?, That good,then. OMG... SO touching & MAN:wub:

Thank you @Ayame for the translations, we shall wait for another part 2 KRW interview:)

Quite miserable without "Doctors" today so all the pics related this drama will ease my bore while waiting for KRW & PSH new project:)

Best Couple of the Year :heart:

Cr:owners

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, docshealme3526 said:

Indeed ! :wub: These lines was my favourite part in "doctors" . Surprisingly,  it was corrected by KRW and it turns out so well ! Now JH lines for this scene still stuck in my brain ! JH already looked so manly when he stepped out from the helicopter , additional his romantics line: "Are you married?" , Do you have boyfriend?, That good,then. OMG... SO touching & MAN:wub:

TRUE ! I just hope SBS has an award for "THE HOTTEST MAN OF THE YEAR" and KRW get's that awards!! He nailed it by being hot and sexy!

I just don't know how PSH was able to act with him, kiss with him, being lovey dovey with him? He's so HOT! Common even a girl without feelings would fall for him.. I still don't know how she controlled those feelings haha.. If i was in her position would have definitely proposed him by now , that's why we are not in her position :D 

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, trust3 said:

@ash011aaaa u have keen eyes ... i wonder why PD-nim deleted d scene (in my delulu mode, i would say 'maybe it was actually their engagement day .... hahahahaha ) :D:wub:

Haha thank you :D  I do wonder why he deleted (not getting the reason still), even the hug scene too! An hug after the kiss would have been perfect :phew:  

• Like 6

KRW acting are really good! There another scene, i think some patients already mentioned here. Sorry to repeat again as i don't have the courage to watch the full final episode yet. But Episode 19, the first part after their kiss, JH looked so Happy and KRW acted so naturally ...i wondered does his Heart felts the same way that why he able to smile like "Pabo"  and @ash011 i don't think any girls can resist JH included PSH. Such a perfect guy ! But PSH is a clever lady who knows how handle KRW. So does KRW. :) PERFECT:wub:

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, docshealme3526 said:

KRW acting are really good! There another scene, i think some patients already mentioned here. Sorry to repeat again as i don't have the courage to watch the full final episode yet. But Episode 19, the first part after their kiss, JH looked so Happy and KRW acted so naturally ...i wondered does his Heart felts the same way that why he able to smile like "Pabo"  and @ash011 i don't think any girls can resist JH included PSH. Such a perfect guy ! But PSH is a clever lady who knows how handle KRW. So does KRW. :) PERFECT:wub:

yes, i like that scene, when krw smile, i see it like..ah i just kiss the woman i love so much with long kiss". that smile wah..i like it very much..." pabo smile" chuaaaaaa....

please someone help make gif from that scene...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Ayame said:

It seems to be a plaque that the Doctors DC gallery gave to the PD as a present.

3 hours ago, Ayame said:

Spoiler

Thank you very much for the info and effort in translation. Just to let you know, I'm excited for your Doctors award :blush:

The interview was insightful looking forward to the 2nd part. Good thing Raewon's sched worked out and he was able to join 2 weeks before the broadcast which i presume he dive straight to shooting & trailer/ poster making :grimace: 

I wonder if Raewon have the exact same thought or excitement working with Shinhye :D The last 2 sentences made me :lol::lol::lol: 

FYI, you looked young, handsome, hot and great! You rules in romcom. In fact, we all have crush on you :wub: except @nonski her eyes are set exclusively on Yoondo :P 

I'm really thankful that Doctors appealed to Kim Raewon, otherwise, he may not have accept it. We have this amazing Jihong which was perfect for HyeJung based on his interpretation and dynamic acting. hoping to see him in another romcom as soon as possible. 

YoonKyungsan had done his interview too, can we have the full article? Hope we can hear one from Sungkyung too. Shinhye would be busy with Silence so her's would take time.

• Like 12

Last week we watched 2 episodes back to back and were flying high at this time. But now nothing! Such a drastic change within a week, just imagine the condition of the actors who were into it living with the characters! :(

P.S: Did anyone watch  scarlet heart ryeo today? How was it? 

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Thank you so much, you are like our oasis in the desert.  At 10pm South Korea Time, this is the first week in 2.5 months that we have had no JiHong&HyeJung and Doctors' casts, so sad and missed them so much.

And i remember how excited we are to watched ep 18,19,20 in a row last week..but no more cheesy ji hong and pretty hye jung right now :tears:

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, rori0711 said:

Thank you very much for the info and effort in translation. Just to let you know, I'm excited for your Doctors award :blush:

The interview was insightful looking forward to the 2nd part. Good thing Raewon's sched worked out and he was able to join 2 weeks before the broadcast which i presume he dive straight to shooting & trailer/ poster making :grimace: 

I wonder if Raewon have the exact same thought or excitement working with Shinhye :D The last 2 sentences made me :lol::lol::lol: 

FYI, you looked young, handsome, hot and great! You rules in romcom. In fact, we all have crush on you :wub: except @nonski her eyes are set exclusively on Yoondo :P 

I'm really thankful that Doctors appealed to Kim Raewon, otherwise, he may not have accept it. He made Jihong alive and perfect for HyeJung. hope to see him in another romcom as soon as possible. 

YoonKyungsan had done his interview too, can we have the full article? Hope we can hear one from Sungkyung too. Shinhye would be busy with Silence so her's would take time.

@rori0711 chingu... excuse me, but i have a crush on kim rae won since Attic Cat hehehe of course no one can say you can only have one right? lols. anyways, uri kim rae won/JH have psh/hj so i can exclusively claim my baby yun do - yun kyun sang as MINE. :)

and where to where to is My Kyun Sang's interview? jebal please post his interview, please... pls... mention the page and is there a video chingu? komawo! i hope our dear @Ayame will translate it too or @stroppyse, i'm shameful hahaha

• Like 11

54 minutes ago, ash011 said:

TRUE ! I just hope SBS has an award for "THE HOTTEST MAN OF THE YEAR" and KRW get's that awards!! He nailed it by being hot and sexy!

I just don't know how PSH was able to act with him, kiss with him, being lovey dovey with him? He's so HOT! Common even a girl without feelings would fall for him.. I still don't know how she controlled those feelings haha.. If i was in her position would have definitely proposed him by now , that's why we are not in her position :D 

hear ya, he is the Hottest Man of the Year and Cheesiest Man of the Year :D

About PSH, we really don't know. She may have worked with older guys before but this is Kim Raewon, the Hottest Man of the Year according to us hahaha who knows if she has a special power within her :)

credit to owner

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, nonski said:

@rori0711 chingu... excuse me, but i have a crush on kim rae won since Attic Cat hehehe of course no one can say you can only have one right? lols. anyways, uri kim rae won/JH have psh/hj so i can exclusively claim my baby yun do - yun kyun sang as MINE. :)

and where to where to is his interview? pls... mentioned the page and is there a video chingu? komawo!

chingu yah...ofc, we can have both and many others. Our heart is too big for them hahaha 

Kyunsang rained praises towards Shinhye on twitter but i want the full interview too like Ayame did on KRW. I don't have the source article though. Hope someone could share. We'll i have a crush on him since Pinocchio and good thing HongHongHong has HJ, Yoondo is very much available :)

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, rori0711 said:

hear ya, he is the Hottest Man of the Year and Cheesiest Man of the Year :D

About PSH, we really don't know. She may have worked with older guys before but this is Kim Raewon, the Hottest Man of the Year according to us hahaha who knows if she has a special power within her :)

credit to owner

NOOOO WHY DID U SHOW THIS CLASSROOM PIC :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( I haven't watched last 3 episodes still .. i don't want to watch also. That classroom pic just take me back to june 20th when we were waiting for episode 1.. aish i hate this withdrawal feelings from a drama

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, ash011 said:

NOOOO WHY DID U SHOW THIS CLASSROOM PIC :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( I haven't watched last 3 episodes still .. i don't want to watch also. That classroom pic just take me back to june 20th when we were waiting for episode 1.. aish i hate this withdrawal feelings from a drama

shall i show more :P hahahaha misery loves company :D

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, nonski said:

and where to where to is My Kyun Sang's interview? jebal please post his interview, please... pls... mention the page and is there a video chingu? komawo! i hope our dear @Ayame will translate it too or @stroppyse, i'm shameful hahaha

@Ayame is busy of KRW 2nd part interview hahaha 

guys, please share Yoondo's interview even the reference only for our translators. I'd love to know more about Kyung san's thoughts on Doctors:wub:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, excitedgal said:

Hi to all doctors fan,

I am sorry but i am not too sure if i can drop a message here to urge all who are interested in the D-Cut DVD to place their order now? I understand that there are people who are waiting for DVD but if we cannot meet the 1000 copies for Blu-Ray, there will be no D-cut DVD. I have placed my order and for those who can afford and love them, do kindly support them by place the order at the following link:http://shop.innolife.com/item.php?grp=1&cid=360&iid=193458&lng=2

Please help for i really hope to see more of them...I miss them...:bawling:

005X9oLtjw1f79k8exhy5j30go0gljsn.jpg

Exactly. Those who can afford the D-cut Blu-Ray but are waiting for the D-cut DVD, please, do kindly place your orders now. There's no point waiting for the D-cut DVD because if we don't meet 1000 sets for the D-cut Blu-Ray, there won't be any D-cut DVD as well.

I understand not everyone can afford it. Those who can't, joint purchase with your friend is a viable option.

I know we all want to see those extra video clips, don't we? To make that happen, do kindly help to contribute to the sales in anyway possible. Tyvm.

• Like 12