[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

2 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Objectively speaking, there are many other actresses out there who have better physical features than PSH.  However, throughout the series, there was something about her that made her radiant.  I guess it's her inner warmth and positive character that translates into a certain kind of beauty that people are drawn to.  That's why she has chemistry with most of her co-stars. 

In the same way, KRW is not what one would call conventionally handsome, especially if you base it on the flower boy standards of SK entertainment.  These flower boys often have androgynous features, almost effeminate.  In western parlance, they're metrosexuals.  But KRW isn't any of these things.  To me, he gives the vibe of a man's man.  A masculine man, if you pardon the redundancy. 

Maybe that's why I liked them in this series.  To me, they looked real.  :)

I agree with your sentiments. Surely there are better looking actresses and actors but for some reason, these two really shine as individuals and as a pair on screen. 

I never really realized till doctors that I'm always somewhat drawn to dramas starring PSH. I'm not a fanatic fan per se but when I see her name attached to a project - my first instinct would to be check it out and give it a try regardless. And there's just something about the way she portrays a character, you just love her. Despite whatever criticism she may have had on her previous dramas, to me I thought she gave characters to her character. And I agree, she's charming and lively on screen and there's something so natural about it that I'm just drawn to it. 

KRW too. I watched Punch but unknowingly I ended up finishing the drama just "watching" him. LOL! He was the epitome of a Man! I've been so pulled by charismatic actors lately that all new dramas with flower boys type just turns me off right at the beginning. I truly apologize for not giving it a chance at all. Sigh... what have these men done to me.

I think that's what I love about doctors - the casting was just perfect - veteran actors, actor actors and no idols, even the cameos were actor actors who were able to shine with the given role. Sigh, 20 probably isn't enough. I need moarrrrr! 

• Like 19

18 minutes ago, evkid said:

KRW too. I watched Punch but unknowingly I ended up finishing the drama just "watching" him. LOL! He was the epitome of a Man! I've been so pulled by charismatic actors lately that all new dramas with flower boys type just turns me off right at the beginning. I truly apologize for not giving it a chance at all. Sigh... what have these men done to me.

I think that's what I love about doctors - the casting was just perfect - veteran actors, actor actors and no idols, even the cameos were actor actors who were able to shine with the given role. Sigh, 20 probably isn't enough. I need moarrrrr! 

Sooo agree with you..i prefer drama which is the actor/actress can play they role well, not just to see their flower boy/pretty face..that's why i'm not into idol/singer turn actor..

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

Not familiar with IU, so sorry.  Is she going to be the lead actress in Scarlet? 

Yes, iu is a female korean singer..she trully can sing /good vocal but for acting..i don't know, i can't stand to watch idol/singer acting skill...for me just a few of them can act like yoon eun hye..

• Like 6

5 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Objectively speaking, there are many other actresses out there who have better physical features than PSH.  However, throughout the series, there was something about her that made her radiant.  I guess it's her inner warmth and positive character that translates into a certain kind of beauty that people are drawn to.  That's why she has chemistry with most of her co-stars. 

In the same way, KRW is not what one would call conventionally handsome, especially if you base it on the flower boy standards of SK entertainment.  These flower boys often have androgynous features, almost effeminate.  In western parlance, they're metrosexuals.  But KRW isn't any of these things.  To me, he gives the vibe of a man's man.  A masculine man, if you pardon the redundancy. 

I have followed  K-Showbiz for a couple years, I don't like some celebrities or some agencies

-who act too much in real life to look fake or 

- who play too much on medias to look insincere.

KimRaeWon and ParkShinHye are not such genre of such unfavorable features above at all. KimRaeWin is a real professional actor who has devoted to acting. ParkShinHye works on acting professionally even she might have image to be in the right track for her fan base' expectation. 

I have not wached any dramas/films by KimRaeWon& ParkShinHye and I have not followed their interviews.

I have watched Doctors to judge them on acting and BTS preparation.

KimRaeWon impressed me with his devotion on acting in form of

- consider character's portray with its real nature from big pictures' persoective as director's eyes, 

- designing scenes with adlibs,

- rehearsing with co-star, request,

- reshoot diligently to acheive all elements in scenes good enough to be on air to audiences.

ParkShinHye impressed me with her skills and her being  

- Act in several kinds of scenes in convincing levels, one of the best in her age,

- positive energetic to colleagues and openly working professionally with good personality touch.

4 hours ago, parmma said:

Cq_7En6WIAA44RB.jpg

YoonKyunSang is really KimRaeWon's fanboy, script of YoonDo to appreciate JiHong looked real and believable indeed. 

• Like 15

3 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Well said, :) PSH has natural beauty her imperfection make her perfect, so unique. as we know korean has kinda weird beauty standard on woman/girl. So they are almost a look like. And for KRW true he might not became a part of goodlooking standard for korean men but he has masculine/manly vibe and figures. Seeing them in Doctors just like an ordinary couple we seen in real life, They looked real. i hope korea will bring back masculine man image in their entertainment industry just like few years ago.. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, akhenaten said:

I'm trying to find another drama to watch to help me with my "Doctors" withdrawal.  Been thinking about the youth-oriented saguek "Moonlight Drawn By Clouds" but I can't seem to get myself to start watching it.  My brain is still too full of Ji Hong and Hye Jung.  Maybe I'll try "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" tonight.  Another sageuk but not as juvenile as "Moonlight..." (I hope).  That's the problem when you find yourself spoiled with a mature, character-driven drama.  Takes time to move on. :mellow: 

Have you try to not watch any kdrama? and doing something else like read maybe or play games or reality shows like runningman. Thats what i did lol and i did try watch another drama but none can distract me from raeshin /doctors because i end up comparing it with doctors. Runningman helped me on this things :D 

• Like 8

@evkid agree w you on SH makes the character relatable that we end up drawn to it. I also agree w you that the entire doctors ensemble were greatly chosen for me there was no actor that seems to be off. Come to think of it there was not a single 1 left out that at least the audience can miss to acknowledge (i.e.that 1 nurse fron neuro I remembere her not bcoz she's DS nurse when the confrontation happened but bcoz she always blushed when her crush (?) is around.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, deara said:

Have you try to not watch any kdrama? and doing something else like read maybe or play games or reality shows like runningman. Thats what i did lol and i did try watch another drama but none can distract me from raeshin /doctors because i end up comparing it with doctors. Runningman helped me on this things :D 

For me king of mask singer and fantastic duo...doctors is my first drama that can make me hard to move on another drama :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

@NongpeeP @zia28 There are times I think when the casting of an idol becomes detrimental to the drama.  It's hard to get away from their idol persona.  It becomes difficult to suspend your disbelief and see them as the characters they play.  And oftentimes, in the interests of preserving their idol image, their acting is restricted.  In the end, the drama suffers because it just becomes another vehicle to promote the idol and not the story itself because most, if not all the time, I'm sure their fans watch just to see their idol but not because they're interested in the story.  :(

KRW isn't an idol by any stretch of the definition.  With PSH, I'm not entirely sure because I read somewhere that she used to be part of a girl group.  I could be wrong.  But in any case, even if she were, I think she's a full-fledged actress now.  

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

@NongpeeP @zia28 There are times I think when the casting of an idol becomes detrimental to the drama.  It's hard to get away from their idol persona.  It becomes difficult to suspend your disbelief and see them as the characters they play.  And oftentimes, in the interests of preserving their idol image, their acting is restricted.  In the end, the drama suffers because it just becomes another vehicle to promote the idol and not the story itself because most, if not all the time, I'm sure their fans watch just to see their idol but not because they're interested in the story.  :(

KRW isn't an idol by any stretch of the definition.  With PSH, I'm not entirely sure because I read somewhere that she used to be part of a girl group.  I could be wrong.  But in any case, even if she were, I think she's a full-fledged actress now.  

psh never in the part of a girl group. she truly an actress. she is a child actress

• Like 14

Question: what's the difference between an idol and an actress? @akhenaten @DOCDOC

I guess, an actress is someone who acts, a singer someone who sings, but what does an idol do?

For it seems like in SK, there is a huge diff between the 2, but I can't seem to find the definition of its differences anywhere other than idol tend to appear in public more comfortably, while actor and actress are better in their work.

Ive always been a bit intrigued on who falls under which category...

KRW def seems more like an actor, as he's not flower boy enough to be idol, and as most have put it, he's more introverted and doesn't enjoy being with the public as a celebrity. Not to mention, his acting is def rock solid 

While PSH seems more borderline, as she's been pretty well known to speak well in public, and behaves very well resulting in general public liking her so much. But considering she started acting since she was a child, and the fact that a lot of articles have acknowledged that she is one of the best in her generation in acting, makes her an actress too? 

I'm confused. 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

Park Shin Hye is one of the most popular South Korean actresses working today. Born on February 18, 1990, she was discovered after she appeared in singer Lee Seung Hwan’s music video for “Flower,” after which she received formal training in singing, dancing and acting. She made her acting debut in the 2003 television drama “Stairway to Heaven” and instantly gained fame from portraying the younger version of the Han Jung Suh character. She has starred in many poplar dramas since, including “Pinocchio” (2014), “Heirs” (2013), “Flower Boys Next Door” (2013), “Heartstrings” (2011) and “You’re Beautiful” (2009). Park Shin Hye also displays her musical talents on many artists’ music videos and has participated on some soundtracks for television dramas. She has become a media darling and is credited for many charitable works.

cr: Viki

I think she's just talented all around. More than that, when you have two actors that are truly dedicated to their work and work hard to portray their characters, you see the results in the drama. Look how many times she and KRW would practice a scene just to make sure they got it right.  I hope they are truly rewarded at the end of the year for their great acting and as a wonderful couple.  I think this is the only drama that I've seen where there is an age gap and no one was killed out, but they remain together as a couple. I loved the fact that they were separated early, but remained a couple for the rest of the drama--no silly break ups.

• Like 16

On 8/27/2016 at 9:56 PM, akhenaten said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDkA2imZzAc

Just saw this MV.  I think it's very new.  It's got all the nice scenes of Ji Hong and Hye Jung to the song "No Way" and a nice way to remember this wonderful drama.  Credits to the one who made it.  :) 

This MV is priceless!!! The way our OTP stare, hold hands, tucks hair, hugs are squeal worthy and their kisses will give you heart attack so have a strong heart overflowing feels ahahaha. very smart of the one who made it.

31 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

If you will look for old dramas of KRW, you will notice that he's very unmindful of his looks even nuances, hahaha like My Love Pattzi, Attic Cat & My Little Bride. he doesn't try hard to look handsome and no pretensions but i can't deny that he's SEXY from the beginning with his tall height & lean body and acts well :wub: 

PSH was never a part of girl group. She was trained to sing and dance under Dreamfactory, her first agency but his mentor saw her potential as an actress. she debut as an actress in Stairway to Heaven and the rest is history. She's a very good dancer and sings enough for her drama OST and some singles. ;)

• Like 23

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

@rori0711 @lclarakl Thank you for the information about PSH. :)

you're welcome buddy :)

if i may suggest, you can check out Stairway to Heaven. You'll be amused of young Hyejung & Youngkook. They were great. Not sure if you've seen Tree of heaven. Shinhye's brilliant even in her tender age. Just prepare a bunch of tissue :(

For feel good drama, My Love Pattzi & Love Story in Harvard of KRW will make you crack and love him more ;)  

• Like 12

Hi to all doctors fan,

I am sorry but i am not too sure if i can drop a message here to urge all who are interested in the D-Cut DVD to place their order now? I understand that there are people who are waiting for DVD but if we cannot meet the 1000 copies for Blu-Ray, there will be no D-cut DVD. I have placed my order and for those who can afford and love them, do kindly support them by place the order at the following link:http://shop.innolife.com/item.php?grp=1&cid=360&iid=193458&lng=2

Please help for i really hope to see more of them...I miss them...:bawling:

005X9oLtjw1f79k8exhy5j30go0gljsn.jpg

• Like 14

50 minutes ago, ash011 said:

2 hours ago, m0us3y said:

Question: what's the difference between an idol and an actress? @akhenaten @DOCDOC

While PSH seems more borderline, as she's been pretty well known to speak well in public, and behaves very well resulting in general public liking her so much. But considering she started acting since she was a child, and the fact that a lot of articles have acknowledged that she is one of the best in her generation in acting, makes her an actress too? 

I'm confused. 

i dont understand your confused. if she not an actress, what do you think she is?do you think she is an idol because she can speak well, sing n dance? many actress can speak well too. she debut an actress since child 15 years old. 

• Like 4