[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

7 hours ago, B-NA said:

I agree with @Саша Rain had to say though. 
Objectively speaking, both Kim Rae Won and Park Shin Hye's characters had stopped growing probably after the 5th episodes. 
I blame the plot and the writer for this, not the actors themselves. 

Also, it's rude to say that to someone who's just expressing their opinion on the forum. This forum wasn't made to only discuss unicorns and rainbows. Just because he/she has a different opinion than yours, doesn't mean they don't like the drama.

Respect.

Well said @B-NA. A show shouldn't be discussing just unicorns and rainbows. Because life is also about the downs, the hardships, rain and storm. 

And that's why I actually enjoy discussions with those who have other thoughts. Sometimes, we all get to see and understand more through the eyes of others. 

But what I disagree tho, is this "JH and HJ stopped growing after 5 episodes". 

What we saw in that first few episodes was huge growth, but that comes with a time jump of 13 years. We didn't actually see the growing process, just the end result. The same for IJ when she re-appeared in episode 11. And then we get to see what they are capable of after that growth in episode 4-6. 

In the later episodes, is where we actually see the process of them growing. And it's frustrating for some because maturity and character growth doesn't happen overnight. Most ppl change, subtly, over time. HJ didn't become a great neurosurgeon overnight. 

The growth that we see from Ep 9 onwards is subtle. HJ opening up to JH was the first sign. She held his hands, and the proximity between them shows she's opening doors (I don't think she's tearing down her walls yet, as we can see she's still wary about other ppl on her personal space).

To tell JH about her deepest fear was another sign that she's finally willing to open up again after 13 years. She hasn't formed a single relationship since her grandma passed, as we can see its only SH and SC all along. 

That conversation at JH's place, shows so much growth and maturity. HJ apologising to JH on pushing him to a corner asking him to change cuz she was uncertain about how to deal with her feelings, that's learning. 

Not to mention, JH is still mentoring her professionally when they were doing surgery. That, is also learning and growing. 

On JH's side, we see a lil less growth, ever since the beginning of the show (other than professionally). But again, the fact that he told HJ he wished she was by his side while he was mourning, was also clearly a sign of him changing, and growing. 

Its subtle, but in my humble opinion, most growth are. :)

• Like 22

14 minutes ago, missminami said:

Doctors is a human drama, a slice of life drama, It is describes daily life in the hospital and doctors as the main lead. Background characters in episode 1 and 2 make us rooting for the character and to invest in their journey. But the actual setup for this drama is starting from episode 3 onward. When the hospital setting begin. Doctors is a bit like J dorama when the conflict is different in every episode and the red thread is the romance and growth of the characters, hospital politics and revenge. Hospital setting need patients to create a conflict, hence need an actor/ actress to act as patients. And if wellknown actress / actor want to do it because they have good relationship with writer/director/cast, so why not??
18-19 percent rating is considered good. I think people are too obssesed with that 20 percent rating that a little drop make us so disappointed. I'm here from the first page of this doctors thread, at that time people were so pessimist with this drama but now people like, 18 %?? why so LOW? when other drama even have 4%.
We should thankful with what we have now, don't be too greedy, just enjoy the journey.

yep! i am so used watching j-drama that usually focus on character development, slice of life stories... that i come to love this drama. those over the top conflict - love story is not my cup of tea. so i understand those who is not interested in this kind of drama n said it slowed down a bit.. u guys should try to watch j drama then, they are much slower compared to doctors and again this is not a plot-driven drama.. i think everybody esp KRW n PSH has done a great job for this drama.. i really love their monologues... there are lots of life lesson that this writer wants to tell us..so for us who are crazy about the drama just enjoy it guys.. and for those who don't thats okay bcoz u may find other drama that suits your interest and preference. for me, doctors is my k drama this year.. love it loads!!!

by d way.. m from malaysia too.. love to all my fellow malaysian.. let us support doctors until d last episodes!!! fighting!!!

• Like 20

Kim Rae Won selected as the model for herbal cosmetics brand!

By jubilantj 

kim-rae-won_1469725583_af_org.jpg
Handsome actor Kim Rae Won has been selected as the model for herbal cosmetics brand 'Atoclassic'! 

It was reported that despite his busy schedule filming for 'Doctors,' Kim Rae Won remained energetic and positive on set, willing to try a variety of poses to create no-less-than-perfect cuts.

An 'Atoclassic' rep stated, "The quality of our brand which strives to bring a healthy cosmetics product to people of all ages and genders makes a great match with actor Kim Rae Won, who possesses an authentic image through his personal usage of 'Atoclassic' and his acting. We expect that we will be able to get a positive response as [Kim Rae Won] is currently very popular with not only Korean fans but also with fans overseas thanks to his drama 'Doctors.'" 

kim-rae-won_1469726403_2.jpg

Source:allkpop

-----------------------------------------

Yun Kyung Sang Doctors Pics

1469754178-13.jpg

Source:http://www.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=206809

• Like 23

Btw I think YD must have seen JH and HJ together becoz that night JH didn't show up to the drink party at YD house (assuming)! Next day YD was alone in sooni bars so I guess he must have seen JH sent HJ home (must be before 650am).  Just my thought 

• Like 15

The BTS just WOOWWW..more passionate than the actual scene,,cant get over watching it..ouhhh..im crazy

8eps remains..so sad..hope the rating increase and surpass 20%..

I love KRW more more n more..his smile killing me..i adore PSH more too..

Guys im happy becm part of this thread,,u all are awesome..always be positive until this drama end.

DOCTORS jjangeyo!!:wub:

• Like 13

1 hour ago, liz-danielle said:

No. what I mean of "protection" is JH's status in the hospital (his heirs of his father) so no one dare to touch her because of JH. She can still kicking the evil without hesitation.

Hahaha. My bad @liz-danielle  

Just that in episode 12, JH literally jumped into his "overprotective bf" mode when HJ mentioned about bringing out the "husband" from the patient's room. 

While I was actually going "Let her do it! She could take down so many gangsters at the same time, and she took you down the last time u fought her! What makes you think she can't handle this one?!"

5 mins later, we saw HJ throwing the guy to the ground and I was happily cheering our bad richard simmons HJ. 

Hence my reaction when you mention "protection"! :sweatingbullets:

I don't think she has much to fear really. She hasn't got much to hide, and she puts it all out so nobody could really hold her for much! 

• Like 16

38 minutes ago, missminami said:

Doctors is a human drama, a slice of life drama, It is describes daily life in the hospital and doctors as the main lead. Background characters in episode 1 and 2 make us rooting for the character and to invest in their journey. But the actual setup for this drama is starting from episode 3 onward. When the hospital setting begin. Doctors is a bit like J dorama when the conflict is different in every episode and the red thread is the romance and growth of the characters, hospital politics and revenge. Hospital setting need patients to create a conflict, hence need an actor/ actress to act as patients. And if wellknown actress / actor want to do it because they have good relationship with writer/director/cast, so why not??
18-19 percent rating is considered good. I think people are too obssesed with that 20 percent rating that a little drop make us so disappointed. I'm here from the first page of this doctors thread, at that time people were so pessimist with this drama but now people like, 18 %?? why so LOW? when other drama even have 4%.
We should thankful with what we have now, don't be too greedy, just enjoy the journey.

is that why i said for cameo is positive effect beacuse you got know them right?but for the drama, it isn't effect at all.. if the patient just normal people, writer nim can just focus for main lead or other character in the drama. because the cameo is actor/actress, writee nim must have write scene worthy/more story for that actor/actress. if the cameo is a popular actress have fan base just like lee min ho, kim soo hyun, song jong ki then maybe a win - win solution. this is just my thought.

• Like 10

@ash011.... Well said chingu on Hye Jung reasons to believe that her grandmaother's surgery was a bit fishy. I want to say all HJ wanted was an explanation to what happened to her grandmother. SW's father refused to answer because he believes he did nothing wrong and the surgery was done. He was rude and he should not have paid the family compensation for the surgery. 

I am curious when a patient dies in surgery are you supposed to compensate the family of the patient. If this death could not even helped he did not need to compensate he family. The messed up part of all this is he forgot what Hye Jung ah looked like and forgot what he told her. He dared her to get more power to force him to explain to her what happened. He also wasn't sorry for what happened to his patient and he is still the same selfish, arrogant doctor we met in episode 2. smh smh smh 

• Like 15

Actually, we should be grateful Doctors got a good rating compare with Monster & Beautiful Mind. Lately, kdrama's has been suffering from poor viewer rating and negative comments.

For me, Doctors is one of the best Korean drama I've watched so far. Also i've thankful to writer of this drama who has a greatest story.

Even Doctors team knew rating were going down, they never give up. We should trust them & support them until end.

Yes, I'm agree episode 7,9,10 not very strong storyline but thankful they improved a lot for episode 11 & 12. I hope the rating will going up again.

• Like 19

@missminami @bogin79 

I agree with both of you. :) Maybe it doesn’t appear as often in K-dramas, but I really love the slice-of-life genre, particularly when watching j-dramas and anime (which is nice to watch, since I’m a Japanese major at university lol), even though I love both k-dramas and j-dramas. ^^ I love the lessons we learn from everyone’s conversations, seeing the daily life in the hospital is what I really like.

In term of cameos, I don’t find any harm if other actors/actresses want to participate either. We do need new patients throughout the episodes, so I think it’s a positive thing that actors/actresses continue to have cameos. If anything, it shows how well the drama is doing.

And for ratings, these days some dramas don’t even get near 18% or 19%, much less get it consistently for as many episodes as Doctors has been doing. So I don’t think anyone has anything to worry about in terms of ratings. Besides, since it's the beginning of the summer in Korea, the ratings do fluctuate around this time of year, it always does.

Let’s enjoy the drama, everyone~ ^^v

• Like 23

18 minutes ago, shinhyefan said:

is that why i said for cameo is positive effect beacuse you got know them right?but for the drama, it isn't effect at all.. if the patient just normal people, writer nim can just focus for main lead or other character in the drama. because the cameo is actor/actress, writee nim must have write scene worthy/more story for that actor/actress. if the cameo is a popular actress have fan base just like lee min ho, kim soo hyun, song jong ki then maybe a win - win solution. this is just my thought.

No, thats not what i mean, doctors need patients, even if not a popular actors/ actress who act as patients, the writer still need to use a regular actors like maybe the restaurant ajumma in episode 3-4. The cameo in doctors needed for the sake of the story, thats why the cameo get longer screen time, not like cameo in other drama (like maybe PSH in entertainer) who will not affect to the whole story, so a minutes screen time will do. What i mean is if star actor/actress want to do it, why not? And how do you know they not affect to the rating? episode 11-12 has the highest rating peak in Han Hye Jin scenes. Maybe the rating will lower if the patients is just regular actress, we never know, rite?

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@Tiggie2 I don't know if someone has already translated these for you.  One thing that is odd is that these clips seem truncated at weird spots, in a couple, it finished as someone was in the middle of talking.  These are just summaries of the clips rather than a near word for word translation, though I tried to keep in cute moments and highlights.  KRW seems very sweet and gentle, though definitely with a sense of humor. 

Clip 1: http://m.tvcast.naver.com/v/1008518

JiHye Couple - Getting to the essence of Kim Rae Won and Park Shin Hye

Kim Rae Won is looked up to by younger actors and respected by senior actors.  Lee Min Ho from Gangnam Blues interview says that KRW is sexy in his eyes, and someone that he’s respected since he was in his teens.  And also goes on to say that KRW doesn’t get jealous because he takes care of others instead. Cho Jae Hyun from the Punch interview said that looking at KRW and seeing that he’s the same as when he saw him years ago, he thinks that KRW is a deep person. The announcer talks about how Kim Rae Won is admired and respected by junior actors, and his talents are acknowledged by industry veterans. 

Voiceover says that Park Shin Hye is one who is known for her prettiness. Lee Jong Seok mentioned how he kept telling PSH how pretty she was while they were shooting Pinocchio. Go Soo during the Royal Tailor press conference said that it would just hurt his mouth to talk about it. She was just so pretty, very beautiful.  Voiceover than says however, it's not just prettiness.  Then KRW tells an anecdote about the director telling him when PSH wasn’t around that he, the director, had shot footage of PSH kicking over her head and tumbling, startling him. Voiceover talks about Park Shin Hye who overflows with charms.

The two people whose faces and demeanor cause us to fall in love with them, Ji Hye Couple is love if the final voiceover and written caption of the clip.

Clip 2: http://m.tvcast.naver.com/v/1008507

Voiceover says:  Upon meeting after 13 years, “Are you married? Do you have a boyfriend? That’s good.” with these three phrases, Kim Rae Won was able to flutter the hearts of the women.

KRW: It’s been such a long time since I did such a bright character, I was excited, but also wondered if I would look silly. But, they’ve been telling me that I was cute. (laughing)

Voiceover goes on to say that since talking about Kim Rae Won, can’t leave out Park Shin Hae. Park Shin Hye is a star who has chemistry with all of her leading men.  In The Heirs, with Lee Min Ho, and in Pinocchio with Lee Jeong Suk, she had particular chemistry. From the press interview for Pinocchio, PSH: I felt like I was with a naturally close friend, so I was able to be comfortable and happy. With Lee Jeong Suk, they were so good together as to start a scandal. With all of her partners, she showed a sweet chemistry. From a Doctors press conference, PSH: I actually have a bit of roughness, so I thought Hye Jung was a lot like me…

Clip 3: http://m.tvcast.naver.com/v/1008503

Voiceover says Park Shin Hye’s action scenes show why the original title of the drama was going to be Gangster Oh Hye Jung. PSH: Before Teacher Hong came to me, I fought a lot, with fists and let fly with high kicks. Voiceover says Kim Rae Won was not able to concentrate with Park Shin Hye’s high kick, however. KRW: It was amazing. One of her high kicks once went over my head. Voiceover then continues But, Kim Rae Won who said it was fine if he got hit has definitely fallen in love with Park Shin Hye. Showing the cast chemistry, they want to get ratings over 20% and keep their no. 1 ranking. Move over Eric and Song Joong Ki, the new king of broadcast is Kim Rae Won. Voiceover then talks about how more than the chemistry or KRW's voice or the attractiveness of the cast, is the sweet writing. KRW: When I first read it, it was enough to make me cringe, and i had to think about how to deliver the lines...

Clip 4: http://m.tvcast.naver.com/v/1008497

Voiceover talks about JiHye Couple and that their love is growing. It is the love of a teacher and his disciple. At the press conference snippet, Kim Rae Won makes a joke about his being older than the other leads. He specifically says its the first time that he’s acting with his age peers in such a bright drama.  This causes his co-stars to giggle and laugh. Voiceover then says “how can he say that 9 years difference is being of the same age?” then introduces a clip on KRW’s slightly younger leading lady PSH. She says since it’s the first time acting with a leading man that she can call “oppa” and match emotions with, so she’s happy.

you are jjang....thank for the translation... Oh my...you are so jjang...i love u..:blush::heart:

• Like 18