[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

1 minute ago, alexandria2207 said:

Really??? Aigo,,,, what a wasting! Damn SBS!!! 

They waste the sparks between KRW and PSH. 

HAHAHAHAHA rn I don't even mind a hug! I just need both of them to realise and confirm their feelings for each other!!!

• Like 15

Hello CHINGUS!!!!!!!

So my thoughts on this drama thus far...

High School Flashback

At first I thought the flashback was a bit too long. We spent about 2 1/2 episodes on it, but it was necessary to moving the current plot forward. Right away Hye Jun invokes sympathy. Kicked aside by dad, hated by stepmom, mother gone, and then halmoni. PSH does a good job of portraying the cynicism and hopelessness that comes with being born into that type of a situation. Although halmoni was only around a short length of time, it was long enough to make a life-long effect. It was during that time that she was able to see what her true potential could look like. With a little effort, she could do better than most. I also liked how they played the relationship between her and Teacher Hong. After all, she was underage, and although he appeared to be at that time in his late 20's, anything more would've been inappropriate. Instead, he became a lifeline, which is exactly what she needed at that time.

The BFFs

The moment HJ saved Soon Hee in that bathroom, their fate as friends was sealed. It was such a perfect dichotomy with those two. Hye Jung with her street smarts and worldly outlook, and then Soon Hee with her refreshing innocence and naivete'. There is something really special about being able to accept someone "as is". They did that for one another. Soon Hee was also the first person to honestly sacrifice for HJ who wasn't related to her. She didn't have to tell the truth about the fire, but she did. And in the end, it set up the perfect backdrop for their incredible friendship. 

Seo Woo

Every drama has to have an antagonist, and Seo Woo drips with the disdain one must have for this role. Unfortunately for her, her seemingly perfect environment is the reason she is the way that she is. We can blame her betrayal on HJ on her jealousy over HJ getting first place in Math, or we can blame it on her jealousy over HJ getting any type of affection from Teacher Hong, but either way, what remains true is Seo Woo's fate would've been what it was whether HJ came into the picture or not. The fact is, it wasn't that she was the smartest, she just knew how to study and had access to the most resources. Eventually, she would come across someone who was smarter than her. As far as Teacher/Dr. Hong, he was NEVER going to be with her. She was the daughter of the chief doctor in the hospital that his father was the president of. Hong is the type of man that doesn't like complications, so basically Seo Woo didn't stand a chance. She was a brat who was smotheringly doted on by her mother and politicked by her dad. She didn't come close to being his type. Blaming Hye Jung was just an excuse to deny the inevitable.

Dr. Hong

When you are smart, charismatic, and hardworking, you have the right to live life on your own terms. I like that when he suffered the mistake as a resident intern, he chose to walk away, regroup, teach and become better. I like that he supported his father and went overseas and became this badass doctor who could freehand an incredibly difficult surgery. And, I like that he lives in the present. The present Hong realizes Hye Jung is a fully grown adult woman. He realizes that while he had to treat her as a child and student 13 years ago, he knew that he liked her personality and resilience enough to recognize that she is his type. I also like that he didn't fold under the pressure and marry the over-aggressive and slightly desperate In Joo. I realized that he wasn't interested in In Joo for the same reason he wasn't interested in Seo Woo. They both felt entitled to him. A person is not obligated to like you simply because you like them.  Which is another draw to Hye Jung. She never felt entitled to Hong, she sought him out for practical things like studying and medicine. These were things he could easily provide or help her with, and she took it and ran with it. I"ll say this to the k-drama world women, there is something irresistible about a woman who is not needy.

Hye Jung

As the story unfolded in the first couple of episodes, I was disturbed by PSH's appearance. She just didn't look good. The word haggard comes to mind. I thought, maybe this is how they want her to look. By episode 3, and we see her now as a doctor, she looks healthier, her skin less pale, her face less gaunt. I blew a sigh of relief. Back to her character, she has a charisma that comes with having to grow up much faster than anyone should. I appreciate that this character is such a strong lead. I despise weak female leads. The best dramas always have great female leads. PSH is doing a great job allowing us to see all of the nuances that make up Hye Jung. She even has a fan club at the hospital already, it is really cute and endearing. $10 says Mister Uptight - Dr. Young Do will be falling for her by episode 7. It wouldn't even surprise me if he picks her to be his mentee. Then it will be de-ja-vous all over again because yet again, someone else who Seo Woo likes also likes Hye Jung. I am rolling my eyes at her impending pettiness already. 

I look forward to watching these characters develop and this plot move forward. My guess is Seo Woo will find out what her father did during Hye Jung's halmoni's surgery and try to cover it up. More angst to come, but I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 18

Park Shin Hye will be keeping her promise for her new drama 'Doctors'!

Previously, Park Shin Hye said that she would present fans with a special performance of TWICE's "Cheer Up" if her the viewer ratings for 'Doctors' surpassed 15%. The actress is now expected to keep her word, as the ratings of the episode aired on June 28 came out with 15.6%. 

SEE ALSO: Park Shin Hye praised for her efforts at giving her new drama a heightened sense of realism

On June 28, Park Shin Hye's representative confirmed to Star News, "Park Shin Hye is planning to keep her promise at the drama set this week. Her dancing to "Cheer Up" will be aired through Naver's 'V App Live' as promised." 

Are you ready for Park Shin Hye's version of "Cheer Up"? 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/06/park-shin-hye-to-dance-to-twices-cheer-up

Yaaayyyy!!!

• Like 12

55 minutes ago, blademan said:

HAHAHAHAHA rn I don't even mind a hug! I just need both of them to realise and confirm their feelings for each other!!!

There is no doubt that Ji Hong knows what his feelings are. That's why he needed to know her relationship status within seconds of seeing her again. He also wanted her to know that he was available for her to show interest. His actions are making me giddy like a little girl....:lol: how many times did he tell her he wasn't married? 3?  I think it's going to take her a little more time to acknowledge her feelings.

• Like 21

3 hours ago, alexandria2207 said:

No.... we can't wait that loooong for kiss scenes! 

How we can get bed scenes if, they only start kiss in the 2nd half. 

Arggggh.... Pls Drama God & Writer-Nim, give us more skinship, kiss, hug, or maybe they can move and do wrestling in the bed. huahahaha... #pervertmode  :w00t:

@alexandria2207, he's a good kisser... opps!... actor. :rolleyes: The chemistry of those two is amazing; so I think that the 'Drama God & Writer-Nim' will please you (us) with a lot of what you ask... I'm waiting for that too! :w00t:

You make me laugh with you #pervertmode thing... :D:lol:

• Like 17

Image result for Doctors Crush korean dramath?id=HS.79358147448&pid=15.1&P=0&w=232&Image result for Doctors Park Shin Hye & Kim Rae Won

Just let me look at you for a moment...   Just let me hold you like this....

From the romantic landing, to the hungering glances towards each other, to those questions JH couldn't hold back asking..  Blew me away before ever seeing the subs.  In fact thanks to @andy78 I was moved even before I saw the raw.  The song NO WAY came to mind how brilliant the writers were, dang what a sweet surprise I never knew just two questions could move my heart like that...

I tried to stay calm stay in the middle think like a grown up and remember the respect of separation between a teacher & a student even about age. I may not understand it all but I can't deny it either.  In just this one scene my heart was not only convinced but wrapped up tight in believing that seeds of love were indeed planted in the past and not only that but even time itself couldn't stop it from growing or allow it to be forgotten.  HJ could have in turn asked JH those same two questions and the same answers would have been given...  

I think the reason JH never married In Joo wasn't just because he didn't love her I can almost hear him thinking about HJ.  I will never be the same because of you, can't give my heart away because it's there with you.  I have a feeling that HJ even from the start believed what others said.  That she wasn't good for JH with that lack of worth within herself how could she not believe it too...  Even as an adult I worry that she will shy away from moving forward not because she doesn't have feelings for him.  Rather because she does, for under all that strength everyone sees there is a heart that cares more about protecting those she loves no matter what the price is or cost to herself.  She has proven that more than once and for even someone like SW who was on her very back for no other reason than just HJ doing the right thing.  How in this world did someone as beautiful as her on the inside ever survive such a cruel & harsh past... That in itself is a miracle...

Which makes her the best kind of Doctor!  One that doesn't only rely on their education, experience or knowledge but is moved by each patient and his or her need.  I can't wait to see what comes next she isn't afraid to stand up and fight for whats right! Even more I have a feeling she's humble enough to kneel beside a patient and listen with her heart no matter who they are.  Unlike SW's Dad whose heart is covered up in greed, selfishness and pride.  Because of him HJ would never forget that moment or the kind of doctor she would strive to never be...  SW gave HJ pain & disappointment  to strengthen & fulfill her dreams and SW's Dad gave HJ the scar that wouldn't allow her to ever give up on them.

So much to look forward to bring on Monday and a tender kiss as well:w00t:  Surprise us writers..... 

"There cannot be two suns under one sky" I just loved that.... No worries for HJ  for she is a SUNBURST...

Well about kisses, I saw High Society and it had some awesome kisses and confession scenes, (yes I am referring to that rain breakup scene followed by the kiss and bed scene between Ji Ye and Chang Soo) so why can't we have a whole lot more kisses, skinship and hot scenes here. I hope we see that.

3 minutes ago, andreasofia16 said:

Tell me crazy, but KRW and PSH give me a hunch that their chemistry goes beyond the camera shot. :huh: Yeah!, Yeah!, I must be crazy... :blink: Or is it that I'm amazed because I love this couple?  :wub::wub::wub:  Oh, God! and this is just the beginning... :o:o:o

Count me in, I am totally shipping the two off screen. I must be crazy too.

• Like 19

I am so ready for my second lead syndrome which is yet to be ignited. Professor Jung Yoon Do, please heavily, heartily, deeply fall in love with our strong HJ. I insist that you would fail but this failure would remain as a beautiful heartbreak for you as you would once in your lifetime possess this humanly feeling of love to a woman you consider a jerk in the beginning later a woman whom you would give all your love and care! I insist you must pass through this beautiful experience without failure!!!!! I, as a viewer, am so ready for your possessive love! :wub::wub:

8 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Well about kisses, I saw High Society and it had some awesome kisses and confession scenes, (yes I am referring to that rain breakup scene followed by the kiss and bed scene between Ji Ye and Chang Soo) so why can't we have a whole lot more kisses, skinship and hot scenes here. I hope we see that.

Count me in, I am totally shipping the two off screen. I must be crazy too.

Count me 3. I'm so in love with this two. I can watch these two kissing for the whole hour without blinking my eyes.... :w00t::w00t:

• Like 20

6 minutes ago, andreanaing said:

I am so ready for my second lead syndrome which is yet to be ignited. Professor Jung Yoon Do, please heavily, heartily, deeply fall in love with our strong HJ. I insist that you would fail but this failure would remain as a beautiful heartbreak for you as you would once in your lifetime possess this humanly feeling of love to a woman you consider a jerk in the beginning later a woman whom you would give all your love and care! I insist you must pass through this beautiful experience without failure!!!!! I, as a viewer, am so ready for your possessive love! :wub::wub:

I also want HJ-YD hooked up as well hihihi 

• Like 17