[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

On 4/21/2016 at 4:35 PM, VIP_Cake said:

“Doctors” tells the story of growth of a woman who has reached rock-bottom and a man who “loves with his head, not his heart.” They meet as medical colleagues and through their “once in a lifetime love,” change and grow for the better.

I think this clearly talk about main couple, no doubt. 

Plus, I think "rock-bottom" and "loves with his head, not his heart" are another way to describle main couple's character.

Rock-bottom sounds like Hye Jung's headstrong personality.

And I remember one thing that outstanding in Ji Hong's personality, it's realism. To me, it's like he do everything not follow feeling but reasonable thing. 

Anyway, I like the cast and their characters and be excited for "Doctors"... just hope SBS will change the title =)

• Like 9

tumblr_inline_o62iokMN0v1u3xo0q_540.png

• Park Shin-Hye as Yoo Hye-Jung, from a gangster to a doctor. Due to the abuses she suffered, she is very tough and has a ready-to-fight mentality. With the help of Ji-hong, she transforms into a better person and becomes a doctor.
  • Kim Rae-won as Hong Ji-hong, a gifted surgeon with congeniality and popularity. Later becomes a mentor to Hye-Jung which makes her transform to a doctor because of his kindness and guidance.
  • Yoon Kyun-sang as Jung Yoon-do, a cool neurosurgeon; as a successor of the country’s leading conglomerate, in order to get rid of his father, he becomes a doctor. He dreams of freedom and a spectacular love.
  • Lee Sung-Kyung as Jin Seo-Woo, the main rival to Hye-Jung. Being a former high school classmate of Hye-Jung and a fellow neurosurgeon, her close friends and Ji-hong’s love were all “taken away” by Hye-Jung.
  • Kim Min-Seok as Choi Kang-Joo, a neurosurgeon, of the same age as Yoo Hye-Jung and graduated from the top university in the country. He is also a popular blogger who writes about the story of Hye-Jung’s transformation. He later develops a crush on Hye-Jung.
  • Kim Young-ae as Hye-Jung’s grandmother,in order to survive, she is willing to sell everything even laughter or heart, because of her son’s mistake, she has to raise Hye-Jung alone with apologetic heart
  • Ji Soo as Soo Chul ,he is Yoo Hye-Jung’s First Love.
  • Jang Hyun Sung as Kim Tae Ho he is chief of Neurosurgery Department, warmhearted doctor and always take care of patients with sincerity, he is supporter and guidance of Hong Ji Ho.
  • Moon Ji In as Sun Hee school principal’s daughter, she refuses her family’s expectation and develop a friendship with problematic Hye-Jung.

Cr. source: Doctors Chinese Wiki

translation: Bea/pshdaily

• Like 13

41 minutes ago, DreamCatcher2011 said:

I like her. I watch some of her dramas. and she's one of my favorite side actresses

She usually plays a 'refreshing and cheerfull' character. Like her role on Yongpal and Achiara's Secret.

1 hour ago, thao_2512 said:

MOD EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES.

• Park Shin-Hye as Yoo Hye-Jung, from a gangster to a doctor. Due to the abuses she suffered, she is very tough and has a ready-to-fight mentality. With the help of Ji-hong, she transforms into a better person and becomes a doctor.
  • Kim Rae-won as Hong Ji-hong, a gifted surgeon with congeniality and popularity. Later becomes a mentor to Hye-Jung which makes her transform to a doctor because of his kindness and guidance.
  • Yoon Kyun-sang as Jung Yoon-do, a cool neurosurgeon; as a successor of the country’s leading conglomerate, in order to get rid of his father, he becomes a doctor. He dreams of freedom and a spectacular love.
  • Lee Sung-Kyung as Jin Seo-Woo, the main rival to Hye-Jung. Being a former high school classmate of Hye-Jung and a fellow neurosurgeon, her close friends and Ji-hong’s love were all “taken away” by Hye-Jung.
  • Kim Min-Seok as Choi Kang-Joo, a neurosurgeon, of the same age as Yoo Hye-Jung and graduated from the top university in the country. He is also a popular blogger who writes about the story of Hye-Jung’s transformation. He later develops a crush on Hye-Jung.
  • Kim Young-ae as Hye-Jung’s grandmother,in order to survive, she is willing to sell everything even laughter or heart, because of her son’s mistake, she has to raise Hye-Jung alone with apologetic heart
  • Ji Soo as Soo Chul ,he is Yoo Hye-Jung’s First Love.
  • Jang Hyun Sung as Kim Tae Ho he is chief of Neurosurgery Department, warmhearted doctor and always take care of patients with sincerity, he is supporter and guidance of Hong Ji Ho.
  • Moon Ji In as Sun Hee school principal’s daughter, she refuses her family’s expectation and develop a friendship with problematic Hye-Jung.

Cr. source: Doctors Chinese Wiki

translation: Bea/pshdaily

Thank you very much for the character description.

• Like 7

A lot of the characters is about freedom and love. I wonder how they are going to create a story with these characters. I wonder what kind of conflicts they are going to have as well.

Since a lot of characters fall in love Hye-Jung, I hope I won't see them fighting over Hye-Jung and ruining their friendship.

• Like 7

News bites: April 23, 2016

We’ve got a couple more names to add to the cast of SBS’s upcoming drama Doctors. Moon Ji-in has been confirmed to join the cast as Park Shin-hye’s loyal BFF, and will play a pivotal role in starting the ongoing rivalry between Park and Lee Sung-kyung. Although Moon has only been in very minor roles thus far, she has makes them memorable; she played a ditzy nurse in Yong-pal and a cute informant in Village: Secret of Achiara. Joining Moon is Kim Kang-hyun (Jeon Ji-hyun’s manager in You From Another Star), a funny character actor who got his start in theater. Doctors is set to air in June. [Xports News, ET News]

Kim-Kang-Hyun-01.jpg

source: Dramabeans

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Саша Rain said:

Wow. :D

The drama will be broadcast in Korea and China at the same time?

No since Doctors is NOT pre-produced. The drama needs to be pre-produced and checked/audited to be able to air in China and Korea at the same time with Chinese new policy.

Mango Entertainment posted about Shinhye and the brief synopsis of her upcoming  Doctors which probably caused the trending.

It seems like Cnets ( or casual fans) weren't aware of her new drama until then

#ParkshinhyeDoctors are hot Keyword and Hot topic

Cr image: StyleH_ and ice_macchiato

CgvmpnIVEAIKdJp.jpg

Cgv0ccMU0AACGAm.jpg

And congrats Shinhye for surpassing 11 million followers on weibo :)

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Саша Rain said:

badly. :( I hoped that the drama will be fully prepared prior to her show.

Tbh, it's not the kind of drama that targets China ( or even internationally in that matter): Medical and NO young trendy male lead. It'd be a waste of Money

But with Shinhye on board, it will gain more or less some attention in China

I do hope they can prepare as early as possible. Or they will go to live shooting too soon

• Like 8

Hit is good, fame too. But more than that, I hope "Doctors" will have a good story and develope well til the end. 

That's it. Even "Doctors" wont be a hit, it's still has meaning to watch, it's too enough for me. Famous drama with empty meaning is the worst. 

Let's hope for high value story. =D

• Like 9

Good story with meaning. All characters can shine. Well developed and connected script and ending. It's pretty much what I care the most.

Rating isn't everything. 

CBM didn't win in rating but in my mind it's a much better drama than its competitors. 

All the actors in it gained support and fans even if it didn't do well. 

I'd not mind to have everything though 

• Like 14

On 4/23/2016 at 6:46 AM, thao_2512 said:

Mod edit: Do not quote pictures.

But with Shinhye on board, it will gain more or less some attention in China

Apparently, the attention will be enough.)
I hope that her next project after the drama "Doctors"  will be international.

Doctors... Judging by the synopsis the story should be interesting.
I hope that the conjuncture will not chock up the writer, director make adjustments to adapt to the ratings.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, thao_2512 said:

Good story with meaning. All characters can shine. Well developed and connected script and ending. It's pretty much what I care the most.

Rating isn't everything. 

Personally, for me, I agree.
But for the actors and production team ratings are essential.  The actors of drama with high ratings are more likely to be awarded at the end of the year, for example. Higher ratings bring more revenues. It's a money game, after all.

• Like 10