[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

W's OST 7 has stuck in my brain. I love this drama so much! I even created my first fanmade video - after so many years of watching K-drama! I even tried to rework the English translation to be more lyrical. Shows what a good drama can inspired you to do... Unfortunately, I couldn't share the link - it's unviewable due to copyrights! I wonder how everyone else is getting around this...

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Okay - I don´t really like to write it - but I´m not happy...

I was here a minute too late - but okay - I was able to watch and and I have no much time now ... really busy these days. But sorry - I´m really not happy . Okay - if now after that new suffering the good times starts - I could deal with it - but the Preview shows a different Picture. I love the Writer... but right now I feel like - I is too much!!! How much more Pain for KC? Seeing his best friend in Blood - he again a in Lawroom. what the Hell... I don´t like to see that.

You all know how much I love W - but I don´t like what happend right now. Maybe I have to see it with subs... but ..

sorry... I feel guilty even writing that... But that is how I feel...

Don't feel too badly; last week was rough. I was so heartbroken that for the first time I didn't read the thread and I buried my head in another drama which also promises me glory and (lots and lots) pain; stupid me. After the heartbreak of last week, I could feel myself guarding my heart for this episode. I, too, am a bit surprised the writer chose to deprive us of real (not fantasy montage) happiness in the back half of the drama before overwhelming us with ze angst. Objectively I still feel as if a happy ending is coming but I suspect it will lean more towards the open ended side than not. Also, it might not have as much time with it as we wish. If there were happy times in the next episode, the previews would have given us something so I imagine the next ep is heavy, too.

That aside, I liked this ep particularly for Kang Chul's determination to save Yeon Joo. He kept his wits and realized she could be saved but only if she were allowed to die in W. I also liked the vulnerable and caring moments he shared with Seung Moo. Loved that someone yelled at Crazy Dog! Go, SB, Go! The more W people who get exposed to the manhwa elements of the world (people reanimating or disappearing in front of Do Yeon and So Hee) or know the truth (the prosecutor) the more I think the world of W will learn the truth somehow. Also, I think the only way to break W's genre (action-revenge thriller) is for KC to complete his tasks as a hero because then W won't constantly be trying to feed a particular narrative since the journey has been completed. They kept trying to do this in all these artificial ways but ultimately W has rejected it or leveled the playing field in order to force an organic conclusion.

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, daynci said:

can i ask whats the word at the end? its not to be continue right?

we all feel sad and happy and madddddddddddddddddd, there is no sense of anything :))

the word appeared at th nd was "End Episode/Chapter"!!

I'm actually supper happy and satisfied with the drama!! :D I feel sad for my OTP's pain and mad at the villains but never was unsatisfiyed about the drama!! it's the BEST drama for me EVER!! :heart: you nd to be patient and everything will make sens after watching the episode with subs and what is left unanswered will be answered by the end of the drama!! :D 

THE SUBS FOR EPISODE 14 ARE OUT!!! :w00t: off to watch!! :w00t: 

• Like 10

so i've just seen Ep 14 with subs. I'm not sure if someone else here shares my thoughts but for me the subs made it all bearable,well except for KC being tortured

Spoiler

My favorite scenes from Ep 14:

•YJ is Alive!

•KC being the smart guy that he is

•SB berating Crazy Dog(way to go SB!)

•KC&SM Dad's scenes from the rooftop,piggyback.

•KC's speech to SM dad missed only him telling SM dad that he loves YJ (though I'd rather that KC tells YJ first)

As crazy as W seems right now,which might have caused others to lose interest with it, I am still enjoying it. Though I look forward to a better Ep 15 & definitely Ep 16. I think we all deserve a great ending after that roller coaster of the past 14 (and maybe 15) episodes.

Spoiler

IF W won't have a happy ending, I might refrain from watching Song Writernim's next work. W is so traumatizing for a drama fan lightweight like me who've only watched dramas with HEA. Come on, I have enough angst and what not in my real life (perils of being an adult,argh)

And it's ending on LJS's birthday,he can't have his first sad drama ending on his birthday.

Have a great day/night Worldiz! See you all later for Ep 15 

• Like 12

I think the writer made a huge mistake to separate Yeon Joo and Kang Chul the entire episode when it's so near to the finale. I think that's where it suffered. Obviously people watched for the two leads. You can't have one of them missing for almost the entire episode. That's just not good and WE know people watch for BOTH of them.

• Like 4

W Rating: :(:mellow:

AGB: National   #5 WTwoWorlds : 10.9%    #7 JealousyIncarnate : 9.9% #16 UncontrollablyFond : 8%

AGB: Seoul       #4 WTwoWorlds : 11.8%   #5 JealousyIncarnate : 11.2% #17 UncontrollablyFond : 7.6%

TNMS: National   #5 WTwoWorlds : 13.1%   #18  JealousyIncarnate : 8.2%  UncontrollablyFond : N/A

TNMS: Seoul       #3 WTwoWorlds : 15.3%   #11 JealousyIncarnate : 10.0% #17 UncontrollablyFond : 8%

W needs a happy ending, it hurts to see OYJ AND KC be hurt :tears:, I think thats why the episode wasn't received well, fans are invested in the happiness of the characters in which seeing the way they were all episode was painfully difficult. Plus the spoilers didn't help with KC being as bloody as he was. 

• Like 11

cr:  w.drama

I cried here!! I felt like Kang Cheol here, I was so happy that she carressed his hand and opend her eyes only to close them couple seconds later and die!!! I was in denial asking him to say that she's still alive!!! :bawling:  Thank God he saved her!! *breathagain* but who's gonna save him now?!! WHERE IS HE?!!! :bawling: 

cr:  withmbc

this is to ease your pain!! that's what I do to bear the pain!! Lee Jong Seok and my OTP's pics ar my cure!! :love: 

I'll be back soon to back read the pages I missed!! :D see you soon chingudeul!! :wub: 

• Like 7

Let me share the rating of 'W' from the original site of TNMS & Nielsen Korea:

TNMS:

menu_title2_01.jpg
line_bar_dot.jpg
1. 일일연속극<별난가족> KBS1 KBS1.jpg  22.0
line_bar01.jpg
2. 저녁일일드라마
<여자의비밀>
KBS2 KBS2.jpg  20.8
line_bar01.jpg
3. KBS뉴스9 KBS1 KBS1.jpg  16.6
line_bar01.jpg
4. 일일아침연속극
<사랑이오네요>
SBS SBS.jpg  13.2
line_bar01.jpg
5. 수목미니시리즈<W> MBC MBC.jpg  13.1

arc_left01.jpg   arc_right01.jpg
line_bar_height.jpg
 menu_title2_02.jpg
line_bar_dot.jpg
1. 저녁일일드라마
<여자의비밀>
KBS2 KBS2.jpg  18.6
line_bar01.jpg
2. 일일연속극<별난가족> KBS1 KBS1.jpg  17.6
line_bar01.jpg
3. 수목미니시리즈<W> MBC MBC.jpg  15.3

Nielsen:

전국
1 KBS1 일일연속극(별난가족)
graph.gif
2 KBS2 일일드라마(여자의비밀)
graph.gif
3 KBS1 KBS9시뉴스
graph.gif
4 SBS 아침연속극(사랑이오네요)
graph.gif
5 MBC 수목미니시리즈(W)
graph.gif

수도권

1 KBS1 일일연속극(별난가족)
graph.gif
2 KBS1 KBS9시뉴스
graph.gif
3 KBS2 일일드라마(여자의비밀)
graph.gif
4 MBC 수목미니시리즈(W)
graph.gif

• Like 7

Haven't seen the episode yet; I'll just live stream tonight's episode and then watch episode 14 over the weekend when I'm more emotionally prepared. :P In the meantime, here's the subbed video of the headband date, translation by the always awesome stroppyse!

• Like 15

cr:  kdrama.see

the look in his eyes!!....*shiversdownmyspine*

this actor is MINDBLOWING!!! :heart: 

cr:  variou5_5how

"이렇게 뒤돌아 쳐다보는게 유행아님? ☺️하루가 길다.." can anyone transate this?!! because I don't want to make a mistake in translating it!! :D

cr:  jongsuk0206

fangirling aside :love: it looks like the rooftop of the hospital building!! 

I LOVE MY DRAMA AND OTP AND DON'T WANT/CAN'T LET GO OF THEM!! :bawling: NOT YET!!! :bawling:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lovely_skham said:

W Rating: :(:mellow:

AGB: National   #5 WTwoWorlds : 10.9%    #7 JealousyIncarnate : 9.9% #16 UncontrollablyFond : 8%

AGB: Seoul       #4 WTwoWorlds : 11.8%   #5 JealousyIncarnate : 11.2% #17 UncontrollablyFond : 7.6%

TNMS: National   #5 WTwoWorlds : 13.1%   #18  JealousyIncarnate : 8.2%  UncontrollablyFond : N/A

TNMS: Seoul       #3 WTwoWorlds : 15.3%   #11 JealousyIncarnate : 10.0% #17 UncontrollablyFond : 8%

W needs a happy ending, it hurts to see OYJ AND KC be hurt :tears:, I think thats why the episode wasn't received well, fans are invested in the happiness of the characters in which seeing the way they were all episode was painfully difficult. Plus the spoilers didn't help with KC being as bloody as he was. 

Not too bad! Expected to have ratings drop but still remain at the top chart. 

I can see that JC is continuously increasing so please give us a sweet two episodes :(:(:( 

Make our YJ dream come true!!!!!! 

cr to owner 

tonight I'm gonna watch live and hopefully it will get better in the middle ;) 

• Like 14

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I know that a translation of this song has been posted already, but I wanted to post another translation of it since I interpreted it a little differently. I worked from the original Korean lyrics so truncated the romanization. Hope no one minds. It's a sweet song, and gives me hope that YJ and KC will find their happy ending after all. Thanks for posting the clip @maryofbethany.

Whether it’s okay to continue to love you

If it’s okay for me to live next to you

With the belief that it’s destiny

we hold fast to our love

Every day I long for you and cry

Looking to see if I can find you again

Today, I again wait for you

Without you, there is nothing

that I can do and I cry again at that truth

Now, without you, each day

is another meaningless day

I won’t be let go of you again

I won’t send you away again

Every day I think of you 

I look for you again and cry

Again, again I wait for you

that I can do and I cry again at that truth

is a another meaningless day

I won’t let go of you again

I won’t go away again

Let’s never again, let’s never again

be apart.

I can do. This is me.

is a meaningless day

I won’t let go of you again

I won’t send you away again

Let’s not separate ever again. 

@stroppyse yes, i know i can count on you, as one of those who can translate corrrectly. the one on the MV is off.... many thanks sincerely . This is by far the best OST for me, the lyrics is an honest cry of the finally confirmed and experienced the genuine feels of living a woman and in the verge of losing.her as her life hanging on a fine thread. Beautiful words. Even more beautiful when it is A duet . Its duet right. 

Edited by LavelyShai
  • Like 5