[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

sorry guys I haven't spazz in this thread nowadays...but tomorrow I'll contribute and post my thoughts for ep.10 and 11...still want to say W is doing good... I think it will still be at no. 1 spot in terms of ratings... and gotta say I love the new BTS...

I'm sharing this MV for now... this is a simple, unplanned MV only and a rushed one so sorry for the spelling mistakes in the later part of the video... I made this because of the song...I'm gonna do a decent one after next week episode... and I'm gonna upload it on my original channel...this was uploaded to my back up only... so yeah hope you still enjoy watching this... thank you!!!

song: for king and country - love's to blame

• Like 15

Lee Jong Suk turns heads with his T-shirt promoting end to child abuse in 'W'

lee-jong-suk

Actor Lee Jong Suk is as kind as he is talented!

SEE ALSO: Lee Jong Suk to play a serial killer in upcoming movie?

He's grabbed attention for a T-shirt he wore on an episode of MBC's 'W' that aired recently.  He wore a black shirt that reads "My Will is Good."  Some fans may recognize this shirt from a campaign he joined a little while ago in which they sold the shirts and gave away the whole profit toward 'Save the Children' to end child abuse.  

He isn't done promoting the shirt because he wore it on his drama this week, showing that he is a strong supporter of the cause.  How sweet!

lee-jong-suk_1472228131_20160826225140_2016072601001957400140721_99_20160725090608.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/lee-jong-suk-turns-heads-with-his-t-shirt-promoting-end-to-child-abuse-in-w

• Like 18

I have to create another account just to join in, cause for some reason I could not get a hold of my old one. Anyways...

These last two episodes are so confusing for me. I've thought about the possibility that maybe just maybe Yeon Joo is actually the author. 

At this point, I start to wonder if she could be the only one who can defeat the evil character off. I remember back to when she was little, and her parents were having a fight. It was Yeon Joo who drew the masked man. 

I don't know where the writer is going with this story line anymore. I can't make any assumptions at this point any more. Will they be able to have a happy ending, or at least a peaceful ending for both worlds?

I have a feeling that Kang Chul and the father's ultimate plan is to put the blame on the Governor. Ahhh.... My heart hurts, and my head hurts more just thinking about this crazy twist of a drama.

• Like 5

I didn't realize it until just now (stupid me) but the level of trust Kang Chul places in Yeon Joo even before he reads vol 34 is staggering. A random lady who, to the best of his knowledge, might be a thieving lunatic kisses him and disappears, then mysteriously leaves a vial with three needles and instructions to inject himself. Okay, desperate times call for desperate measures but I noticed he didn't hesitate once. In the note, YJ urges him to do as she instructs like she's concerned he might doubt her - I mean, she did tell him in Soo Hee's apartment she's not a doctor - but KC never doubts her instructions or her help. It's just like before the reset where he knew she held secrets and seemed crazy but he could never suspect her as a person of being nefarious. Except this time her situation appears worse because at least in the original timeline she was constantly saving him, here he's only seen her drinking boxes of soju like water and breaking and entering with the intent to steal.

I'm like a crazy maniac myself replaying all the scenes where he picks her up at the bus stop and also where she's badass and erases the door and stuff. Also, I like how he calls for her in the hotel room because I'm some sort of masochist and even though I hate KC in pain I like seeing him need her because he is such a capable person and YJ is so used to lacking confidence in her actions and it's a nice turnaround. I don't know, I'm being weird. B)

• Like 17

A long incoherent rant on previous two episodes :

Don't you just love when the heroine goes to the world's end (and quite literally in this one) to save the one she loves. (i love when both the protagonist of the show are such equals!) I guess that is what stood out the most for me in the past two episodes apart from Yeon Joo's heartbreak and Kang Chul's never ending tragedy *crie* Also am i the only one who didn't find the episode slow? I felt the pace was fine - as there was so much happening at each very moment leaving me wide eyed and open mouthed.

Initially i thought Yeon Joo was back to Kang Chul's world because his life was in danger again and he needed to be saved...but the next episode the logic turned out to be that anybody can summon Yeon joo? You just need to ask for her? Makes sense. Before the reset it was just Kang Chul who knew her to the extent of wanting her...and now suddenly she has just too many people curious about her.

I guess our OTP went through A LOT in terms of the wave of emotions. Yeon Joo - facing your husband in his freshly reset world where you are no more (or is she?) his heroine ... looking at him with those painful and longing eyes, but not finding the same longing in his eyes (reminds me of his eyes when she confessed in the jail *blissful times*). At the same time Kang Chul was absolutely shaken after finally finding the face he had been hunting for years -the person responsible for his misery, for his lonely and frightening nights. I think the writers did not explore his reaction to this revelation much, given how central it was to the Manhwa's hero? But i still like the silent moment Kang Chul had in the terrace, weeping by himself - underplayed but still tugs at the heart. Equally touching was Yeon Joo stroking his image from far in an attempt to console him.

Then the frightening experience all together staying in that world for 3 days for Yeon Joo. I can only imagine the turmoil - emotional and otherwise. Hiding herself, the fear of being discovered, staying hungry, keeping herself away from Chul - i guess this was the only time i was praying that she goes back to her world and not stay back at Chul's. Just how embarrassing it was to be caught by that one person you are trying to hide from (and who means the world to you) and at a moment when you are pathetically desperate and at your low. I think that was the threshold for me in terms of seeing Yeon Joo in so much pain. I literally paused the screen for a while to take things in. It was all amusing that Yeon Joo readily agreed to go to jail. Not only for the food but also to prevent herself from facing Chul everytime. It's no surprise that she reached her breaking point when Chul nursed her wounds, ranting her heart out. Ack. Just a minute before she was fine and going about with he business so bravely, nonchalant to Chul's accusations/questions...it just had to end this way. Poor Kang Chul already having a hard time is so clueless. It's just too much information for him to process..to even comprehend i mean. I mean a visibly heartbroken girl crying to you can be awkwardly bizarre. I LOVED it how he does not turn her in. Somethings doesn't change even in the reset world. Like him denying that he is even remotely interested in her (remember the times he out rightly refused to admit she was beautiful. HAHA)

But the biggest crisis had yet to hit Kang Chul. He is framed 2nd time in his life. The worst part is that even the people who never doubted his innocence before were now skeptical. It sucked that he had to witness the death of another of his loved one, let alone be accused for his murder....and that he died without knowing Kang Chul was actually innocent and he'd never know cause..well is there any afterlife concept in the webtoon world?

But then Yeon Joo! YEON JOO! What a brave girl. I was blown away by her guts and courage fueled by her determination to protect Kang Chul (these two sigh). The risk taken is no joke. Checking into a motel with a gravely injured so called fugitive with the police tagging on and the confidence with which she exits the world all to save him. Just wow. It's interesting how she suffered all those days and yet never chose this way out to exit Chul's world. [ love the way how the kiss scene is shot...with the ring hanging in btw while they are kissing...so beautiful] I mean it's obvious she wanted to stay out of his way - but better said than done right? Also how she fights her dad and locks him up. To first come in terms with what happened to him and then trap him. i mean she fought her FATHER! she even scores one against the devil in Chul's world and manages to save Chul successfully (although unaware). You go girl! 

And no i have no qualms that Kang Chul treats himself to recovery. He is the Kang Chul - the webtoon hero - he can do anything. It's a silver lining that Do yoon helped Kang Chul stay on the run - very touched by his loyalty. Atleast there is someone who is atleast trying to protect him in that world...i am sure even So hee would had she known. Recovered and cheerful Chul meets her again and in the same way as before after discharging from the hospital (somethings never change all over again). The heart was racing every-time he talked about things which only Chul from the pre-reset era knew. richard simmons. I was just hoping and rooting that he remembered her, inflating like a balloon in anticipation. But alas deflated at faster rate. Amidst that i really enjoyed the sweet moments they shared. Things these people do. Kang Chul going all the way for Yeon Joo - buying her clothes, shopping for grocery and having ice-cream in-spite of being on the run. However i missed the romantic Yeon Joo going moony eyed as she usually would with Kang Chul. Yet again another is twist is thrown into my face and i have absolutely no idea what is in store for us. So he knows what happened between them but does not remember - i am going to be super sad if he doesn't ever remember. He can't forget my favorite OTP moments come on :( 

Kang Chul's world has changed so much since the last time. It's freaking scary that the world is now controlled by the villian.  Yet the there is somewhat balance of power if the super tablet is switched off, faceless dad is kept locked, and most importantly with Yeon Joo able to travel over worlds make huge differences. I am still up for the tough task she faces battling and protecting her father. But then, we see in the preview that Chul's crossing over to Yeon Joo's world - now how does that work? There are hell lot of questions in my mind - how is the villain able to control dad, being the most prominent one. Also confused about Dad's missing face. How is Kang Chul going to prove his innocence? Will he ever REMEMBER (pls this HAS to happen!) Please Seok Bom don't open that freaking door! (he is going to anyways). It's funny how nobody in Kang Chul's world is attempting to trace the villian who showed himself in front of the world killing dozens. I mean even as a lead to catch Chul, these guys could have hunted him down. Also Chul is fighting the villian as per the preview? but which world is that? I don't speculate this show, since that's a complete waste. Cause ultimately the show does a good job of explaining stuff and tying lose ends. So just trying to wait the week the out...shouldn't be difficult *errr*

P.S. so is the webtoon released yet? Just how mind effed will the readers will be rofl.

• Like 16

Yeahhhhh!!! we will have a new OST tomorrow (27 august) by noon korean timezone!!!! :w00t: 

기사의 본문상단 이미지

http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2016&no=607161

the song's title is "그대와 나" = /keudewa na/ = "You And Me" and will be sung by Ahn Hyeon Jeong!!

but is Ahn Hyeon Jeong, the male singer?!!

Spoiler

translation:

"Meet" by Ahn Hyeon Jeong :

If time passes and passes, and even if this memory gets forgotten,
If I could live like this, facing you
Even after my death, I’ll be like a happy dove,
Please stop the time at this moment.

Let’s forget all our things in the past
The days full with meetings that we didn’t even want.
Let’s now sing a song together
To celebrate the day I finally meet you.

Don’t recall any memory that is forgetable
As I am so happy today meeting you.

Just like this moment.

Just like this moment.

Just like this moment

cr: Kpoply.com

or the female singer?!!

Spoiler

I'm happy both ways since both have a beautiful voice!! :D :wub: 

• Like 11

So now Yeonjoo is trying to beat the killer by resetting it once again:rolleyes: Only this time they're headed to the beginning to where the killings cease to exist then where would this leave Yeonjoo/Kangchul then!?:blink: As it is Kangchul is slowly vanishing as well. OMFG This Drama is driving me c-r-a-z-y-y-y:crazy::crazy::crazy: I mean it reminds me of Interstellar & I still can't understand that movie!:wacko: Why do I continue to watch?? IDK either tbh LoL.

• Like 7

Just saw the episode 11  with subtitles.

Well i was disappointed in episode 9 . But episode 10 and 11  r back with glory of W I started watching from episode 1 ..

Episode 10 was the best i loved it . Episode 11 is a bit down compared to 10 but still u get the grip of the story through it .

Dr. Oh realises that her father and kang Chul plan to kill the killer has failed and Kang Chull is loosing his will power and so is disappering .

Only the one with will power to sustain and goal to achieve can exist in W world.

Soo he had started disappering coz she thought ,she had nothing to live coz Kang Chull, man she loved married Dr. Oh.

Now Kang Chull is disappering coz all that he believed in has been turned against him .  Strange things r happeing .He has nobody who could help him now .Voice mail appears from nowhere  !!!! Ajushi who helped him was shot dead right infront of him and a  gun comes from nowhere in his hands !!! Door disappears right infront of him  !! All theory regarding his parent's murder mystery he worked so hard during seven years have  proved nothing. Right now he is a con man in eyes of people who considered him the hero.

Now tell who won't loose the will to live in such condition. That's why he is disappering. His will is disappering.

In preview we already see old Kang Chull is back . The Kang Chull in end of Preview ,where he says ' I will summon myself' , is the Kang Chull who rebelled against Writer Oh . When he says those words ,all he means is that he is going to summon his old self , which had power to write his own story The Knag chull whose will to survive and live made him a real human . Kang Chull the main character ,around whom the story rolls and the man who wields his own destiny. Killer is a fool if he thinks he can win over Kang Chull ,coz Kang Chull is something who listens to  nobody but himself.

He planned to forget everything and follow the old plot but his plan failed . Fine . Killer turned out to be smarter then he thought. But now that Kang Chull will know everything through Dr. Oh and see the plight of Writer Oh . He will realise forgeting  wont solve it . Now he should fight this war by knowing it all Coz by knowing the truth will make him define variables himself just like killer .

So old powerfull KC will be  back from next episode  . Mr. Killer prepare your grave in some ocean coz land is going to of Kang Chull and Dr. Oh and their future kids :lol:

• Like 9

Random thought on numbers (and letters):

Let's take a phrase "Doctor Oh Yeon Joo" - 오연주 의사

Let's find analogs in numbers:

오 - oh - 5,

연->영 - yeong- 0,

주 - _,

의 -> 이 - i - 2,

사 - 4.

What do we get? Soo Bong's birthday & Soo Hee apartment's password, 2405.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

So now Yeonjoo is trying to beat the killer by resetting it once again:rolleyes: Only this time they're headed to the beginning to where the killings cease to exist then where would this leave Yeonjoo/Kangchul then!?:blink: As it is Kangchul is slowly vanishing as well. OMFG This Drama is driving me c-r-a-z-y-y-y:crazy::crazy::crazy: I mean it reminds me of Interstellar & I still can't understand that movie!:wacko: Why do I continue to watch?? IDK either tbh LoL.

@Latte_Anyday this can't be. to head to what SB suggested and YJ agreed , to go where before Hoodie Faceless appeared means before he killed Chul's parents (for no reasons, meaning root of all evil is Lazy-Crazy-Dad's lazy writing in the beginning, and dad's crazy ending to give Killer his face). because this is will erasing all the framework Dad set out to write and "earned his fame". it won't be the Thriller that gotten 'whole korea including Crazy Dog" to addicted to. that suggestion will make killings plus the killer cease to exist. and roll back to YJ's original plot of sweet rom-com of a young 18 yrs old Olympics Gold Shooter who happened to be her (teen-YJ) school mates.... yes, comics will stop, unless YJ took over and write in her story, by erasing completely the whole storyboard of Lazy-Crazy-Dad.
but i have an issue with this scenario, which means, eveything that messed my brains (and all yours Worldiz) up, all hugs and kisses and even red-boxer and Option 4 suggestion... never happened, which is a total waste. then i shall be its Song-Jae-Jung's turn in lazy writing to write Chul out by erasing totally 16 eps of precious YJ's tears and love. that i will be mourning, that the things i grew to love actually doesn't happened.

yes, its is like Intersteller, its also a genre that Hollywood may like to remake, yet its a total new plot that Hollywood never tried, not even Edge of Tomorrow (TomCruise's) come close. i believed,if any Director set their eyes ever on this, someone at Tinseltown may just buy over the rights and make a Mini series or shorten into a Movie remake from W. i hope it gets recognisation, from Hollywood and boost Lee Jongsuk and Han Hyojoo's recognition in Korean by having a nob in their work,

• Like 6

6 hours ago, cmoirae2 said:

you know when you get too engaged in a drama when you search the web for statute of limitations in korea for murder ... hehe ... i am not a lawyer and i first heard of this from several k-dramas i've seen (and was conveniently used in 3 dramas this year) ... apparently what i learned is that it may apply to some crimes but in korea murder is not covered these days (it was in the past but was removed) ... lawyer can also look into double jeopardy wherein it forbids a defendant to be tried again (and should be difficult to make an appeal to re-open a case) ... i was hoping the drama veers away from another dream ... once is enough adding another one will ruin it (imo) ... maybe YJ can destroy the 'evidence' and erase it from the comics ... i must also say for a surgeon, YJ is pretty good in sketching ... i guess she inherited her dad's talent ... 

@Ahpheng chingu ... good to be back :-)

@cmoirae2 veteran-chingu, was glad to see ur 'contact photo' appear here (u dun kno me. but when i lurk i always read urs).

metoo, i hope the writernim Song JJ don't repeat what Crazy-Lazy-Dad did in lazy writing, to write in a dream to upset an originally Dream that was written wrongly, means it is erasing all the All beautiful memories and past that are "REAL and PRECIOUS' that YJ gave Chul, together with all the evil but fake past.... Like what u said, to repeat an old trick (what Chul suggested and YJ complied is selfless but ineffective) is also lazy writing. she can draw in 'new evidence" of Killer collaboration with Han Cheol-ho.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Ahpheng said:

@cmoirae2 hi there chinggu, so glad to see you coming out of hibernation !! 

@sharreb thanks for loving my strips and I have already created the strip of the half bitten chips, will post tomorrow. 

@Ahpheng haha. loved your Art, and the suggestion sometime you throw into your cartoon-strip. K, about what happened if Chul crossed over her world, and goosh. landed right into her room...nice take. a girl's room is where all her heart-secrets kept and revealed, Chul will see all her love plastered on her Window seal, her room everywhere that is not disclosed in timepast in Comic 34. and i was having Pervy 'dreams' last night thinking before sleep, that maybe he entered her room will be the Best Place to carry out the "much desired Option 4" because they can never have their Marriage consummation in Comic world, because everything they do will appear in the comic for all comic fans in real world to 'consume", no way meh!! if i am writernim, i will take the chance and supply fan-service and give Option 4 at YJ's room, without plying eyes of comic-fans (and need not causing Crazy-Dog a stroke), and most important, provide our Ahpheng another inspiration to create Her Best Work in Drama-History out of Option 4.. hahaha.

• Like 8