[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

4 hours ago, ladylia257 said:

I'm gonna make a guess. The murderer in W is Oh Yeon Joo's father, a.k.a the maker of the comic. 

Has anyone come out with this theory yet? Because it all makes sense. 

If I'm the scriptwriter, I'll write it that way, to make it super interesting. Perhaps he planned it since the beginning, or he decided it after he realized Kang Chul really lives in his own world. 

If not the writer himself/YJ's dad, my second guess is the bodyguard. Because well, in detective stories, the enemies are often the closest to home. 

Just my two cents. Can't wait for Wednesday!

I like the idea but don't you think it's way too predictable that the writer wants us to think that way ? I think there's another "person" that's accidentally created by OYJ's father along the process of writing the comic. Someone who is trying to reach out to the "real" world to kill him so he decided to cut the connection by killing Kang Chul. That's my opinion. Hehe.. 

• Like 4

I was thinking about watching the live streaming of UF this week instead of W but i have some serious shopping to do after work. I might not arrived at the said time..ughhh.. However, i'll watch the RAW before sleeping. 

I've been away from this thread for a while. Talking about my bz life, it was never ending story. But i love take sometimes to go KYA KYA with my favourite current kdrama. 

Actually, i avoid watching the trailer as not to spoil the premier. My habit of reading spoiler usually lead me not hype with the next episode. 

The things that keep me wonder:-

1. Why KC stabbed on a roof top? Did someone contact him to be there?

2. Errr.. 33 volumes of W manhwa right? Are they going to spoil us with every volume? Manga style n manhwa style are different. I've collected quite a volumes of manga but never manhwa. I refer manhwa as Korean's while manga as Japan's. If they publish W manga, please translate them, so i can purchased them. However, the english version is much expensive becoz they tend to print them with more quality paper. 

3. The 1st week of W, i wonder is YJ is really a good doctor? Ok, maybe she book smart but not street smart. Both of my cousins who profession as a doctor is nothing like her. Both of my friend's sister also a doctor but also a serious one. Ha ha....:sweatingbullets:. Thinking back, ehhh.. A lot my acquaintance, a doctor. A few of my school friends also a doctor. :sweatingbullets:. Just ignore me, ok! I'm talking to myself.

4. Please shower this thread with live recap on Wednesday. Let's go with 300 pages this week.

It's late now. I'll dropby when i have free time again. Nite!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we all are making theories while waiting impatiently for the answers to be reveiled!! :D  

as a writer it's natural not to reveal the big villan since that would end your story but yes in this case Yeon Joo's father is hiding it for another reason but don't think it's to remain with the highest power over the webtoon but I believe that him reveiling it will be somehow dangerous for him and that's why he's trying to kill Kang Cheol (plus the other reasons he wants to kill Kang Cheol for) instead of reveiling the mystery of his family's murder case and end the story as it should be!! 

pleasure to me chingu!! :) 

I keep wondering why he's in the hospital?!!! he'll meet Yeon Joo there but both looks super fine so why are they there?!! 

Maybe it's OYJ's dream ? Or perhaps he appeared inside the hospital and decided to ask for OYJ, thinking he's still in his own world, not knowing that he's in another dimension. #delulu :P 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, juju84 said:

I don't know how about you guys, but I think that making such a statement as *after the numerous kiss scenes I got desensitized to them* is kind of unwise especially at such an early stage in airing the show.
How the viewers suppose to take such a confession and then watch all the highly anticipated skinship moments between the OTP? The impression from such scenes would be somewhat ruined. Well, at least that's how i feel..
Everytime you watch sweet moments between the leads you inadvertently imagine them being affected at least in some way by them instead of feeling numb, desensitized, unemotional or otherwise unaffected
I don't think LJS's chosen his words wisely

i agree with u that confession by LJS was an an ugly truth not to be spoken in public. Good part is ,he was being genuine bad part is ,he was being unprofessional

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lovely_skham said:

Sorry to cut your post off......

I just wanted to take a moment and respond to this because I believe your not the only one who has such opinions. 

Now for me, I have followed LJS since Secret Garden and from then on, I've noticed that he tends to say things that are not necessarily the greatest choice of words. So a lot of the times he tends to back track. It's been 2 years since Pinnochio (PC's) so he's most likely rusty from vocalizing the appropriate phrase for such a question in Press Conferences. That's why he tends to thrust other people to answer questions. He is an excellent actor and that's all that matters to me. When he isn't under pressure aka less stressful like the photo shoots (he laughs and shows his charm so much more)

To me I don't think it lessens any type of feeling because of all the rest of the interview and BTS clips we see. It's one moment out of all the countless moments that doesn't fit the "grade" of hyping up OTP feels. 

I hope people can understand my rambling but to me my interpretation of it was that he has so much skinship/kissing scenes with HHJ that numb is more like he doesn't mind doing them because he feels less pressure where as some kissing scenes in other dramas outside of "W" They maybe don't do as much and soo that moment is crucial when there is one so if they screw it up well then the chemistry (nervousness) isn't quite there, or what you thought was there in the beginning. It's like "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" analogy. So In this case they've done it so much that you can naturally feel it (countless kissing scenes) without being pressured to feel it like other cases.

Just my opinion :)

I in no way mind your rambling, chingu! On the contrary thank you for this post, it helps me to see what was said from another angle. And I appreciate it. :)

Yes, I was noticing that from time to time in some of LJS interviews he tends to be a bit... umm... I don't now, shy or tense and his answers can seem a bit... I don't know how to put it... rashed/spoken at random, maybe. Anyway, I apreaciate your insight.

And don't get me wrong I absolutely love LJS and his acting, His natural and easy going charm like he is breathing through the role that's why I was a bit put off with the choice of words. But he does seem a bit nervous/awkward to me in this interview. 

@shin.u, @Delulu_jie2830, thank you guys as well. You've put my mind at ease.:D

• Like 7

5 hours ago, irenetan said:

LJS FOR W (JULY ‘16) - PART 1

Source: W Korea
Translation note: I’ve missed his serious and talkative self, especially when dissecting his own characters :)

Lee Jong Suk for W Korea - “Wellknown Unknown”

Hide contents

Cr: hitoritabi

thank you for sharing the interview translation :D

though he stayed away for more than a year but the waiting was worth it!! W is an exceptional drama and I'm so happy that he made his comeback with it!! I'm falling in love with him again as an actor through his role Kang Cheol!! :wub:

"As a drama fan, although I cannot be sure of the viewer ratings, I can be sure that it will become a drama to be remembered, as long as the script remains on course. But first, I have to do my job well!" this is what a true actor would think about while chosing his projects: being part of dramas that he finds them interesting and will leave its trace and doing his job well!! all my reaspect and love for this young and talented actor!! :wub:

• Like 6

I just hope this drama will increase rating although rating is soo good actually...I also dont want to know spoiler but still want to read in here..Too many question in this drama

Oh my I need to wait 2 days because I follow Malaysian Tv...So shynaz..you must be patient and relax...cool although my eyes will stalker tomorrow night..ops

• Like 3

WTwoWorlds still cuts : LeeJongSuk

CoPsr0hUEAAbB9a.jpg

@kdrama_news 

1469407535-92.jpg

http://www.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=206106

'W' reveals the behind-the-scenes images of Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo's kiss

2016/07/25

Spoiler

photo749791.jpg

MBC's new Wednesday & Thursday drama, "W" has unveiled the behind-the-scenes images of the heart-thumping scene of Kang Cheol (Lee Jong-suk) and Oh Yeon-joo (Han Hyo-joo)'s first kiss.

The kiss scene aired on the episode two on July 21st was created while Oh Yeon-joo, who was sucked into the web-toon world, was trying to do a shocking action so that the action forces the web-toon to come to an end.

When she visited a clothing store and she was trying on clothes in a changing room, she thought about how to get out of Kang Cheol's world. When she realized she would need to do something exceptional that would mimic the shocking end like every other stories, she came out of the room and slapped Kang Cheol on the face.

However, her action was not intense enough to change the plot of the web-toon. Therefore, Oh Yeon-joo decided to do something that is more unusual. And then she surprise kissed Kang Cheol, which was so random.

According to the production team, Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo showed off perfect chemistry playing the scenes including the fiery slap and the shocking first kiss scene although it is only the beginning of the entire drama.

http://www.hancinema.net/-w-reveals-the-behind-the-scenes-images-of-lee-jong-suk-and-han-hyo-joo-s-kiss-97073.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 9

7 hours ago, juju84 said:

Nah, I think KC going to YJ's world would be the cliffhanger for the 4th episode, to torment us another week.:P

I saw it in the article @chyantrils25 posted on page 255.

Um, what latest character discription? Could you give me the link, please? You intrigued me I'd really like to read it.:)

Where did you see CK pulling YJ's father into the comic? :o How could I've missed such a scene...

I only saw the glimpse of Sung  Moo lying on the ground/floor with blood seeping from his chest if i'm not mistaken. That's wgy I think this scene is yet to happen...hmm

Many, many kiss scenes :love::love::love:

1/ but they showed that scene for episode 3's preview, and I believe the next episode's events are leading to that moment that we will reach it by the end of episode 3: Kang Cheol finding out the truth and testing it!! and I have no doubt that the episode 4 will have a bigger cliffhanger that will make us go crazier hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2/ this is the korean character description, I can't find the translation though, it was manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy pages behind

cr: mbcdrama_w

ok, so after more than an hour of searching everywhere and backreading I only found this partial translation shared by our friend  @irenetan (page 141)

(Yeon-Joo's father say: "Since few years ago, strange things started happening on myself that only me & Kang Chul knows. What's worse, even my daughter is involved with him. Now I cannot allow what I've drawn, Kang Chul who made me successful, to have his way. So I've decided to finish this comic. I'd rather prey, then get preyed on. Because you're my creation!")

3/ hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it happens chingu, the scene was for a split second it can be missed :D you'll find a bloodied hand grabbing him from his collar while he's infront of his screen in 3:36!! it's like what happened to Yeon Joo but unlike her who was grabbed from her jacket's tail, her father was grabbed from his collar!! *shivers*

and then we see him (in 0:37) as if he was fighting someone or over someone (Kang Cheol?) on the rooftop saying: "let's end it now!!" 

4/ he was wearing the same outfit that he was wearing when he was pulled to the webtoon world and we're seeing him where Kang Cheol was lying down woonded so him getting stabbed (?) hapened that day and we will see it in the upcoming episodes like we will see Kang Cheol getting stabbed for real (not in the webtoon drawnnings) that day and how he manged to reache Yeon Joo (and her father) and to pull him into his world!! I'm so excited!! :w00t:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes we will have many many kisses!! prepare your heart chingu!! :wub:

• Like 10

7 hours ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

FALL IN  :heart:  WITH KANG CHUL

who wouldn't fall in love with Kang Cheol?!! :love:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just realised I said the same thing Yeon Joo said to her sunbae/professor!! we are a true fangils to Kang Cheol after all!! :lol:

7 hours ago, juju84 said:

I don't know how about you guys, but I think that making such a statement as *after the numerous kiss scenes I got desensitized to them* is kind of unwise especially at such an early stage in airing the show.
How the viewers suppose to take such a confession and then watch all the highly anticipated skinship moments between the OTP? The impression from such scenes would be somewhat ruined. Well, at least that's how i feel..
Everytime you watch sweet moments between the leads you inadvertently imagine them being affected at least in some way by them instead of feeling numb, desensitized, unemotional or otherwise unaffected
I don't think LJS's chosen his words wisely

we're talking about Lee Jong Seok here!! he never calculats his words and ends up saying "oh, I didn't mean that!!" "it's not like that!!" statements seconds after realising that he may have said something that can be understood differently from what he intended to say!! :lol: and I LOVE that in him!! :wub: 

think of it this way: 1/  would audiences loose their interest and love for an OTP in a drama or a movie if one of them or both are married or in a relationship?!! they know that all that is acting, that each actor or one of them have his/her life partner!! still they'll fall in love with them and ship them with all their hearts!!

Spoiler

exp: the most loved couple in Bollywood cinema, they are even called the legendary couple of Bollywood: actor Shahrukh Khan and actress Kajol, they acted together for the 1st time and were loved maddly and they even had many fans who wished for them to be together in real life dispite knowing that the actor Sahrukh Kan was already married and actress Kajol was in a relationship with another actor from the industry and they remained loved (and people still wishing for them to be together for real) till date dispite both of them being married and having a happy life each with his life's partner and people still loved them in the other movies they made together, they made 7 movies last movie was on 2015, and they still want them to keep making movies together!!

2/ or you can think of it like a BTS, would audiences stop crying, getting terrified or feel the depth of certain scenes (love, sadness) when they see how they were filmed? for exemple the scene where Kang Cheol was left bleading to death, we already knew that that wasn't real blood and he wasn't really bleading and there was no life threatening situation, still we were involved full heartedly in the scene and we still do and will do whenever we reawatch the scene dispite watching the BTS and how they were laughing and having fun while shooting such an intense moment!! 

same thing applies for our OTP, they'll be loved because they are Kang Cheol and Yeon Joo without really looking into the actors real feelings while filming those scenes!! at least that's how I feel it!! I always loved watching Lee Jong Seok and Han Hyo Joo being all cute and comfortable around each other (and I wish them all happiness with who ever their hearts choses) but I always saw their character's Kang Cheol and Yeon Joo while watching the drama not them as the actors so I never linked their true feelings as actors to their roles' feelings while watching!! 

• Like 7

hello hello! :grin:

wow! what a great first two episodes!!  i love love love sukkie in here ... he is everything and more!!  gosh! this brings me back to the very first time i saw him in "school 2013" ... but he is so much better now! do i sound like a craze fan ... well i am!! and i want more!! hahahaha!

hyo joo is ... beautiful!!  i like the way she portrayed YJ here!  and that kiss ... hahahaha! well .... :yum:

oh ... i was just backreading to read the comments of everyone here of their impressions of the first two episodes ... and i happen to read about the interview comment of sukkie regarding how he felt of  the many skinships with hyo joo he has in the drama ... well ... my two-cents feel ... sukkie is a really shy guy ...and i guess he is always nervous when it comes to skinships (of how to make it natural without being too touchy ... you know ...less he is accused of taking advantage) ... i think he meant with the word "numb" is that with the many scenes he has with hyo joo that requires skinship that he has ceased to be nervous ...and can naturally execute the scene ... "numb" in the sense that he is comfortable doing the scene!  hope that my two-cents opinion explains his reply!!  

now ... off to backread and spazz!!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, shin.u said:

hahah maybe your part will be for ep 4 ahahahah. hahahahah 

let @Rania Zeid rest hahahaah actually i can see her at tumb and twt but i think it's hard for her to come here. im also trying to help her here n there but im not that fast. 

maybe though I don't think so!! :D let's wait and see!! Wednesday is getting closer!! :w00t:

hhhhhhhhh yes!! I hope she have a lot of fun on her vication!! I just missed her posts and spazzing with her!! :D

and thank you for posts too!! :D 

• Like 3